Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Hospitality

Posted by Robb03 
Cornell Hospitality
Posted by: Robb03 (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 10:15PM

On the schedule it says Harvard (sucks) is playing Colgate on Sat night. That means they must be staying somewhere between Ithaca and Hamilton. And leads or suggestions? Anyone in the band in favor of a 5:45 wake-up call?

Re: Cornell Hospitality
Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 10:17PM

They used to stay at the Best Western University Inn out on east Hill, but I think they've learned.

Posted by: Adam '04 (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 10:35PM

You could just follow their bus after the game is over. Then there would be no guess work. That is really wierd though.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 10:50PM

Guys, after the game is over, THE GAME IS OVER. Let's not be the assholes some think we are.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 10:54PM

That's no fun

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 11:41PM

[Q]Let's not be the assholes some think we are.[/Q]
I have to side w/ JTW 100% on this.

There's a point where it's part of ritual and the game (aka: throwing fish). There's also a point where it approaches goonery (aka: throwing it at their heads during the national anthem). Let's keep it civil. When you leave Lynah everyone's human again remember.... otherwise we have no right to say it's just part of the game... and we truly become jerks.

See Dick.
See Dick show up outside Hahvahd's window at 5 am.
See Dick get his ass kicked by Dominic Moore.
Don't be a Dick.

Posted by: littleredfan (---)
Date: November 19, 2002 11:56PM

:-( i hate that tshirt

Date: November 20, 2002 01:22AM

What shirt?

(Be kind, I haven't been an undergrad for 20 years.)

Date: November 20, 2002 02:09AM

According to a friend who has one:

See Dick study
See Dick take his finals
See Dick fail
See Dick jump
Don't be a Dick

Each line with a related stick-figure drawing.

Dark Cornell humor.

Date: November 20, 2002 03:48AM

Yep, we had the equivalent.

Scratched by stone knives on bear skins, of course...

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 07:45AM

laugh
yes, i agree, leave the hostility in the barn. These guys have enough on their plate with hockey and classes let alone someone making them lose sleep! If I was Moore, I would beat somebody if they woke me up too! nut :-P

[OT] Dick T-shirts
Date: November 20, 2002 07:53AM

When I was a student it was

See Dick drink.
See Dick drive.
See Dick die.
Don't be a Dick.

Which was more generically appropriate and concise.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 09:39AM

Have we even considered the possibility that Robb '03 was joking? After all, it doesn't really make sense to disturb their sleep after they play us (it only helps Colgate).

Despite the fact that ideas like this are often discussed, it seems to me that they are rarely executed. After all, that $@#& steam whistle in Cheel is still in working order (as far as I know).

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 01:49PM

So I guess that means somehow giving them the 5AM wakeup calls before they even leave Cambridge Friday morning is also out of the question? :-D Just kidding, all.

Posted by: Adam '01 (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 02:31PM

Well, it might not be as bad as sending e-mails to the Princeton squad to "thank them for subscribing to e-lynah" before the '01 ecac first round.

::cough:: ::cough:: not that I would know anything about this, of course.....

B-]

Posted by: Melissa'01 (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 02:35PM

Based on what I know they'll likely already be in Ithaca come Friday morning. Still - at that pt in time they should be left alone - not that the thought hasn't crossed anyone's mind in the past. Typically ECAC teams (and most others I think) don't travel on game day. Coaches want to prevent cramped legs and lost sleep due to travel, etc. on game day.:-)

Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: November 20, 2002 07:18PM

Melissa '01 wrote:
[Q]Based on what I know they'll likely already be in Ithaca come Friday morning. Still - at that pt in time they should be left alone - not that the thought hasn't crossed anyone's mind in the past. Typically ECAC teams (and most others I think) don't travel on game day. Coaches want to prevent cramped legs and lost sleep due to travel, etc. on game day.:-) [/Q]
Yeah, I should have figured something like that. Still, you got what I meant. :-D

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 07:26PM

The easiest way for me to see this is that if the team can shake hands at the end of the game, and start thinking about the next game, then we ought to be able to as well. So forget any nonsense, as others have said, and enjoy the win, while saying good-bye to HA+RVA+(D). After all they never get a D.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: November 20, 2002 08:09PM

Does anyone at Cornell even get D's anymore? ;-)

Date: November 20, 2002 08:15PM

In engineering, at least, yes :-)

Though not particularly often.

Date: November 20, 2002 10:50PM

My transcript has 1 Dhelp , 5 B's and 11 A's. SH_T happens, and they give D's. nut

Posted by: Robb03 (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 12:40AM

I'm glad everyone now understands that my suggestion was only a joke. I'm from Chicago and when the Bulls and Jazz were playing, some Jazz fans gave a similar wake-up outside the hotel in Utah. But this should be a good contest and they'll probably need hot-tubs to soak after we administer a beating. Secondly, Moore is from a wealthy toronto suburb, maybe a tough guy on the ice but a suburb kid all the way. We'll see what happens when Douggie draws a bead on him.

Date: November 21, 2002 01:07AM

Believe it or not, they give D's in Arts classes too. Even F's. They go to the same people who get D's and F's in Engineering (the absent and the unlucky).

I tried to give an F to a member of the Stanford gymnastics team once, but that's another story. And Bonni "taught" Joey Harrington a few years ago in her US history survey. Suffice to say he is not the, uh, tightest spiral.

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: November 21, 2002 08:25AM

I win - 3 D's and an F even. (The F was in grad school no less.)

To be fair, 2 of the D were in Honors Organic Chem and Analytical Chem my first semester at Cornell when my insane roommate hated me and my girlfriend had just dumped me. The third D came when I missed my final in physics and got 0 points. The F came when I got really sick while taking Scanning Electron Microscopy at the Vet School and I took an incomplete instead of just dropping it. I then got really sick *again* and wasn't able to meet the extension deadline so the prof gave me an F.

So yes, they still give D's and F's at Cornell. And yes, I do have an excuse for everything. ;)

Date: November 21, 2002 08:30AM

Well, I still have the end of this semester and all of next semester to win this competition, although if I do, I'll have a few more semesters to think about why I did such a thing. nut

Posted by: JohnnyB (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 09:39AM

D in second semester physics. I have never been so happy to see a D in my life. Physics is EVIL

-John

Date: November 21, 2002 10:01AM

If anyone knows somebody that studies chaos theory, may I suggest eLF thread topics? How giving Hahvahd (sucks) a wakeup call could turn into a discussion on our less than stellar academic performances is truly amazing :-).

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: November 21, 2002 10:17AM

DeltaOne81 '03 wrote:

If anyone knows somebody that studies chaos theory, may I suggest eLF thread topics? How giving Hahvahd (sucks) a wakeup call could turn into a discussion on our less than stellar academic performances is truly amazing :-).

It just proves how overcompetitive cornellians are. Adam threw down the gauntlet, thus forcing me to prove that I could slack better than him.... nut

Capt. Procrastinator exits stage left...

Posted by: Erica (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 10:36AM

They give Ds in the hotel school....but, no 'twas not I.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 11:27AM

No surprise about Joey Harrington, but hey, I'd trade transcripts straight up with him if we could also trade salaries...

Date: November 21, 2002 12:00PM

As long as you didn't have to trade brains.

Posted by: kaelistus (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 12:53PM

They most definitely give Ds and Fs in Cornell. My two freshmen year best friends had a combined average of 0.9 GPA.

I had to find all new friends the second year since they were not invited back. :-(

Date: November 21, 2002 05:27PM

I know a guy that was kicked out of Cornell for a semester after his first semester here, because he literally had a 0.0 GPA. Naturally, this was all caused by the fact that he spent all of his time in Balch. You do the math. :-D

Date: November 21, 2002 05:45PM

Dude, I spent two and a half years in Balch, and the square root of my GPA was less than half my GPA.

Date: November 21, 2002 05:46PM

Felix Rodriguez wrote:

My two freshmen year best friends had a combined average of 0.9 GPA.
That's called the "square root club": when the square root of your GPA is larger than your GPA. (A friend of mine did it at Clarkson.)

Date: November 21, 2002 10:53PM

Over a 4.0. That must have been nice. snore

Date: November 21, 2002 11:12PM

Yeah, well it doomed me to spending the rest of my life in college. (Now back to writing tomorrow's lecture notes.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: November 21, 2002 11:51PM

John T. Whelan '91 wrote:

That's called the "square root club": when the square root of your GPA is larger than your GPA. (A friend of mine did it at Clarkson.)
I did that one semester. A few years later, and employed, I don't mind being able to say it either. :-D

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: November 22, 2002 12:41AM

[q]I win - 3 D's and an F even. (The F was in grad school no less.)[/q]

John, are you freakin' high?!

He gets a few Ds and an F and he thinks he's gotten bad grades. These kids, I tellya...!!

Five Fs. Count 'em. Five.

Beeeej

P.S. They damn well better not create a bottleneck getting into the game tomorrow, 'cause I think I might be pulling up at 6:52 and making a dash for it. Damn Contracts class...! Teets and Dave, keep that door shut as long as you can! ;-{)}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login