Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs. Hahvahd: when to arrive?

Posted by dietlbomb 
Cornell vs. Hahvahd: when to arrive?
Posted by: dietlbomb (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2006 09:00PM

Does anyone know when Lynah's doors open before the game?

Re: Cornell vs. Hahvahd: when to arrive?
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 05, 2006 09:13PM

1 hour, so 7pm

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: November 05, 2006 09:54PM

more importantly, when will Harvard's team bus arrive? We should already be lined up at the door...

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:02AM

Robb
more importantly, when will Harvard's team bus arrive? We should already be lined up at the door...
Throw fish at the bus as it drives up? :-D

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:43AM

KeithK
Robb
Throw fish at the bus as it drives up? :-D

Wow I'm happy to not be the only terrible person to think of that idea

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.nrcc.cornell.edu)
Date: November 07, 2006 05:13PM

I hope everyone gets there for warmups, or at least a sizeable amount of people. I also hope there are some nice signs and new taunts. Everyone who has friends who go to games and aren't the most dedicated of fans, get these people to come early. For some motivation, remind them that the game is going to be nationally broadcast. I hope people don't take this game any more lightly this year than any other for whatever reason. Let's go Red, let's kick some ass.

p.s.
Having a flock of lynah faithful to "greet" the Harvard team bus is an excellent idea. Hell, a ton of people on this board would be happy to join in it if it was organized.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 05:16PM

imafrshmn
p.s.
Having a flock of lynah faithful to "greet" the Harvard team bus is an excellent idea. Hell, a ton of people on this board would be happy to join in it if it was organized.
Meh. I don't claim to speak for everybody, but personally, I think it's better to keep it inside the rink. Now, "greeting" Harvard when they come out for warmups, on the other hand, is a great idea.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 07, 2006 05:25PM

imafrshmn
For some motivation, remind them that the game is going to be nationally broadcast. I hope people don't take this game any more lightly this year than any other for whatever reason. Let's go Red, let's kick some ass.

Just grab your friends and go as if it's a 7 PM start. The same folks who need "motivation" to get there early won't know it's an 8:00 start anyway.

Posted by: las224 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 07, 2006 08:34PM

I have a flight back from NYC getting in at 6:50... we'll see how soon I can get out of my suit, into some red and with some fish taped to me, and over to Lynah. But I'm excited!!!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2006 11:08AM

Josh '99
imafrshmn
p.s.
Meh. I don't claim to speak for everybody, but personally, I think it's better to keep it inside the rink. Now, "greeting" Harvard when they come out for warmups, on the other hand, is a great idea.

Agreed on both counts.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 08, 2006 11:38AM

As long as nothing illegal or physical is done, I see nothing wrong with being outside and being vocal as the Harvard bus rolls up the rink.

I think it's a moot point because I don't think you'd ever be able to recruit a group large enough to make an impact and not look like a few silly stragglers yelling insults, but I see nothing inherently wrong with the idea. It's not as if they were advocating tipping over the bus or egging it once it entered the parking lot.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 01:10PM

Jordan 04
or egging it once it entered the parking lot.
If you do, use fish eggs.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 05:17PM

jtwcornell91
Josh '99
imafrshmn
p.s.

Agreed on both counts.
I look at this like we do with other fans, keep it in the rink,then before and after, enjoy each others company.

Posted by: Robb (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 05:22PM

Josh '99
I hadn't even thought of actually interacting with the Harvard team when they arrived - just seeing us lined up outside the rink 1+ hours before a regular season game should be all that's needed to send the message. I suppose a few boos and maybe even a "Haaaaaarrrrvaaaarrrdd.....SUCKS" would be inevitable, but not necessary to achieve the desired effect.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2006 09:04AM

i have directv, just wanted to point out that I just tried cstv and IT WORKS.

yay for not paying $12.95 to watch ONE game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login