Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Tonight's Show - 11.5.06

Posted by calgARI '07 
Tonight's Show - 11.5.06
Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 05, 2006 11:21AM

Go to www.sloperadio.com. The show will go from 6-8 PM as always.

Unbelievable weekend.

- Full summaries and analyses of the two games
- 3 Stars from each game
- OFFICIATING
- Special teams
- Goaltending
- Seniors
- Other ECAC Results
- Upcoming Weekend Outlook
- Fish Throwing Policy!
- Trivia

As always, we'll take your calls, EMAILs, and IMs throughout.

CALL 607 821 2522
EMAIL theweeklycowbell@sloperadio.com
IM SlopeRadio

Hope you can listen in.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2006 11:23AM by calgARI '07.

Re: Tonight's Show - 11.5.06
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2006 01:07PM

calgARI '07
Unbelievable weekend.

Well, I believe it. :-D

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 05, 2006 01:14PM

RichH
calgARI '07
Unbelievable weekend.

Well, I believe it. :-D

Yeah it was. It definitely made the 5hr drive home a lot easier.:-)

Posted by: las224 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 05, 2006 08:46PM

I couldn't listen to the show, but would LOVE to hear about the fish throwing policy? Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 05, 2006 08:56PM

las224
I couldn't listen to the show, but would LOVE to hear about the fish throwing policy? Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Throw fish- uphold a wonderful 40 year tradition. Just, don't get caught. And for the love of god do it BEFORE the game, before the whistle blows. As sucks enters the ice, they will skate over towards the townie side (they know whats coming). This is typically when everyone throws fish.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 05, 2006 11:59PM

[elf.elynah.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:47AM

What's "Rogan's?"
Who is "Grady?"

:-)

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:15AM

RichH
What's "Rogan's?"
Who is "Grady?"

:-)
I think the appropriate smiley on both accounts is more like :-/

Posted by: las224 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:23AM

So basically same as last year? Or any difference in penalties?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:50AM

RichH
What's "Rogan's?"
The last trace of Rogan's finally closed about two weeks ago: my friend called up Rogan's Northeast and they said they changed names, cheese, crust, etc. So, Rogan's is now officially dead. :(

Kyle

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 12:35PM

krose
RichH
What's "Rogan's?"
The last trace of Rogan's finally closed about two weeks ago: my friend called up Rogan's Northeast and they said they changed names, cheese, crust, etc. So, Rogan's is now officially dead. :(

Kyle
You make it sound like Rogan's was actually good.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 12:36PM by KeithK.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 06, 2006 12:56PM

Blasphemy. It was the best pizza in this damn town. Was it spectacular? No. But given the options...

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:09PM

CowbellGuy
Blasphemy. It was the best pizza in this damn town. Was it spectacular? No. But given the options...

Exactly my thought. Really, what's left? Papa John's? Dominos? Pudgie's? It sorta blew my mind when I was told the 'default' late night delivery pizza option for students had become Papa John's. Chain pizza...in Ithaca?

There's some nostalgia for the local, greasy, college town pizza that would arrive at 1:30 am and be gone before the box was even fully opened, no matter where you went to school. Scouring your dorm floor, looking for someone who either had an extra coupon or wanted to split a pizza.

At least collegetown still has the by-the-slice places, although I can't vouch for either Mama T's or "Wendy's" Pizza, compared to the 2 College Ave. places that closed in the '90s. I'd rather hit Hot Truck twice before either of those.

Date: November 06, 2006 01:14PM

Mama T's is pure crap, but C-Town Pizza isn't bad, if you're into the really greasy NYC style pizza thing.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:28PM

RichH
CowbellGuy

Exactly my thought. Really, what's left? Papa John's? Dominos? Pudgie's? It sorta blew my mind when I was told the 'default' late night delivery pizza option for students had become Papa John's. Chain pizza...in Ithaca?
Rogan's always felt like "All the charm and flavor of chain pizza but the money stays local." Feh.

Not that I am happy about a local business going under; local ownership is enough reason for me to prefer Rogan's to Domino's and Papa John's, but I always preferred the no-delivery joints in Collegetown, even the bad ones.

Date: November 06, 2006 01:33PM

Alas, the advent of electricity changed the pizza-making industry in spades since your time on the hill.

Date: November 06, 2006 01:35PM

CowbellGuy
Alas, the advent of electricity changed the pizza-making industry in spades since your time on the hill.
I don't think that the advent of electricity could possibly have done anything to improve the quality of pizza. Aren't you Italian?

Date: November 06, 2006 01:44PM

ugarte
Aren't you Italian?
Good point. Clearly, my opinion on this matter should be taken as gospel truth. :-P

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:52PM

RichH
Pudgie's is SO BAD. It's SO VERY VERY BAD. I can't believe enough people buy their pizza that they have multiple locations, and yet they do.
RichH
At least collegetown still has the by-the-slice places, although I can't vouch for either Mama T's or "Wendy's" Pizza, compared to the 2 College Ave. places that closed in the '90s. I'd rather hit Hot Truck twice before either of those.
Hot Truck, sadly, is on the downhill I think. Last time I was in Ithaca, I went there at 2am-ish on a weekend night and they were out of cheese. OUT OF CHEESE! cuss

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:10PM

KeithK
You make it sound like Rogan's was actually good.
Rogan's wasn't good. But it was an institution: at least once a week, I would eat the stuff, and I loved it because I associated it with all sorts of good memories. I'm saddened to see it gone.

Kyle

Posted by: georget (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: November 06, 2006 03:32PM

Try Sammy's on the Commons--order by the slice. Fantastic eggplant pizza, among many others.

Date: November 06, 2006 03:55PM

georget
Try Sammy's on the Commons--order by the slice. Fantastic eggplant pizza, among many others.
Credibility: gone. Eggplant is something that simply doesn't belong on pizza.

Pizza goes with sausage, pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, onions, and/or extra cheese. Other things might be tasty, but part of pizza they are not.

I'll hide under my asbestos blanket now.

Kyle
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 03:56PM by krose.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 04:03PM

krose

Pizza goes with sausage, pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, onions, and/or extra cheese. Other things might be tasty, but part of pizza they are not.

Most boring, pointless, and unwinnable argument ever. The inventors of pizza would probably have been horrified at the presence of pepperoni on their flatbread with cheese, and they didn't even know that tomatoes existed. But you grew up with pepperoni and tomato sauce, and without eggplant, hence your (boring, pointless, and unwinning) viewpoint. Yawn.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: November 06, 2006 04:09PM

Beeeej
krose

Most boring, pointless, and unwinnable argument ever. The inventors of pizza would probably have been horrified at the presence of pepperoni on their flatbread with cheese, and they didn't even know that tomatoes existed. But you grew up with pepperoni and tomato sauce, and without eggplant, hence your (boring, pointless, and unwinning) viewpoint. Yawn.

Well, the inventors of pizza don't mean sausage when they say pepperoni, so...

Date: November 06, 2006 04:42PM

Beeeej
Most ... unwinnable argument ever.
No shit, Sherlock. bang I specifically posted it as opinion-masquerading-as-fact, in the hopes of getting some actually-humorous responses from people who disagree but understand that I am merely needling them.

And Chicago pizza isn't pizza either: it's bread-sauce-cheese pie. whistle

Kyle

Date: November 06, 2006 04:49PM

Beeeej
The inventors of pizza would probably have been horrified at the presence of pepperoni on their flatbread with cheese,
Yes, I can image the scenes that would have unfolded.

"Whatsa alla thisa meata ona mya pizza!"

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 05:09PM

Never mind the fact that a round pizza is something you do not find in Italy. It's sheet pizza cut into small rectangles.

And it tastes better than most anything you find in this country, let alone in a pizza-desert like Ithaca.

rolleyes for Kyle.

Date: November 06, 2006 05:14PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Never mind the fact that a round pizza is something you do not find in Italy. It's sheet pizza cut into small rectangles.
It was perfected in New York. Didn't you get the memo? :)

Kyle

Date: November 06, 2006 05:21PM

krose
Jeff Hopkins '82

Damn* straight. One link for each essential style (pizza oven and coal oven). Chicago-style pizza is ... for Chicagoans.

*Coney Island location, to be precise.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 05:27PM

ugarte
krose
Jeff Hopkins '82

Damn* straight. One link for each essential style (pizza oven and coal oven). Chicago-style pizza is ... for Chicagoans.

Well played. I was going to say that this conversation had me craving Di Fara but I could only come up with three people who'd get the reference.

Date: November 06, 2006 06:16PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

Um, I've had plenty of round pizza in Italy. Granted it wasn't in Napoli (all north of Roma actually).

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 06:19PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

And it tastes better than most anything you find in this country, let alone in a pizza-desert like Ithaca.

rolleyes for Kyle.

I've heard that several times. I think someone should tell it to the Italians... the couple times I was there, round pizzas were everywhere. And not just in chain, in local restaurants, too.

I agree that Sammy's is very good. I used to stop there a lot on the way to or from the office to get that meat-meat-meat pizza that starts with a "c" (I forget what it's called, silly me).

I also liked Mamma T's, but I can see why people wouldn't.

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 07:28PM

jtwcornell91
Jeff Hopkins '82

Um, I've had plenty of round pizza in Italy. Granted it wasn't in Napoli (all north of Roma actually).

The pizza I had in Venice was round. It was good, but did not compare to the food I had in Tuscany.

Date: November 06, 2006 08:32PM

Josh '99
ugarte
krose
Jeff Hopkins '82

Well played. I was going to say that this conversation had me craving Di Fara but I could only come up with three people who'd get the reference.
Di Fara's is the best I have tasted. On my next trip out to Midwood I'm going to have to try the square pie which many say is better than the round.
[www.sliceny.com]

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:02PM

Have you ever heard of Sal's? Gino's? Pizza Aroma? Sammie's?
Any one of those blows away Rogans. You call yourself an Italian???
You obviously aren't from New York.;-)

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:03PM

Ever been to Italy? They put sh*t on pizza that would curl your shorthairs, my friend.**]

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:05PM

ugarte
krose
Jeff Hopkins '82

The other locations serve something else? I've only been to Coney Island...

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 01:12AM

Jordan 04
ugarte
krose
Jeff Hopkins '82

They have the same menu but they don't exactly serve the same thing according to everyone I know that has been to the Manhattan Tottono'ses's.

Date: November 07, 2006 01:36AM

ugarte
Jordan 04
ugarte

They have the same menu but they don't exactly serve the same thing according to everyone I know that has been to the Manhattan Tottono'ses's.

Could it be the lack of coal ovens?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 03:00AM

redhair34
ugarte
Jordan 04
ugarte

Could it be the lack of coal ovens?
No, the other locations have coal ovens. They lack grit and soul. Totonno's in Coney is a pizzeria; the other locations are restaurants. I've heard and read varying opinions about the Manhattan Totonno's, but the most favorable say that while the pizza is quite good there, it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 03:28AM

CowbellGuy
Mama T's is pure crap, but C-Town Pizza isn't bad, if you're into the really greasy NYC style pizza thing.

This site says it's among the best in the world! It can't be wrong! :-P
[pizzatherapy.com]

Count me among those with no credibility if you must, but there's a place in Philly that makes a fantastic ravioli pizza.

I also enjoyed the pasta pizza at wendy's pizza. The medium weighs about 6 pounds and can feed 4-5 with ease.

Date: November 07, 2006 08:51AM

Sal's and Gino's are nasty. Sammy's is ok. Pizza Aroma is sometimes ok if you like half a pound of corn mean with each slice.

And for the record, my father was born in the Bronx and I grew up about 15 miles away from The City. I'll stick with my assessment.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 09:03AM

[www.nhregister.com]

Perfect lead-in to the game at QU.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 09:36AM

First the Chariot and now Rogan's??? That makes my #1 and #2 Pizza choices in college gone. So sad...

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: November 07, 2006 10:13AM

kaelistus
First the Chariot
Well, the Nines is still there, and it's owned by the same people. That's now my favorite pizza in town (sniff).

Kyle

Posted by: georget (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2006 06:39PM

To recall the punchline of a very old joke, "You put sheet on my pizza I keel you!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login