Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

DaRTmouTH sUcKs

Posted by pissed 
DaRTmouTH sUcKs
Posted by: pissed (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 09:16PM

HOW can we lose so many times to dartmouth?? it's not like boucher is super human and its not like we suck. whats goin on this sucks sooo bad yark yark yark

Re: DaRTmouTH sUcKs
Posted by: yip_eee (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 09:31PM

Well, honestly i'd much rather lose this week, and have the team be hungry and pissed off against harvahd next week, than beat dartmouth and be overconfident next week.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 09:48PM

Agree, it's called "silver lining". Now maybe they won't come out flat in the beginning. However, Dartmouth still "sucks".

Posted by: Dart~Ben (38.210.7.---)
Date: November 16, 2002 09:56PM

If Dartmouth "sucks", does that mean you guys are "over-rated"? :-D

Just curious. I would be perfectly happy to accept the tradeoff that you guys aren't overrated and that Dartmouth doesn't suck. ;-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 10:22PM

I think the main point is that losing to Dartmouth sucks. :-(

We have (at least) one more chance to get Boucher, who has been humiliated ( [www.hockey.cornell.edu] ) but never beaten by Cornell.

Date: November 16, 2002 10:24PM

Well let's put it this way: i.e. some more "silver linings

Except for the two empty net goals, we outshot them 16-0 in the third period. So if we don't get too high on ourselves, we can really put it on, and our offense is really back.

Our second PP unit may be solidifying. For that to happen this early in the season speaks well for the rest of the season, and next year.

We still did not give up a PP goal. Quite a record so far.

However, it didn't sound like either the D or G played that well in the first 2 periods. Hard to say about the G in the third period. snore

We should drop in the polls, (but no, I don't know how any of the western teams did) and that is probably good in the long run. We do have a good team, but we still have to play hard and consistent, as there are probably many teams with overall better talent in the NCAA. If we can keep the fire under us, we will do well.

Coach Schafer can probably knock some sense into them, as he must have in the second intermission.

So let's forget this and go on to HA+RVA+D.

Date: November 16, 2002 10:30PM

Thanksfor setting us straight, John. You are right losing sucks. Dartmouth, well...:-(

Thanks also for the clip, my daughter laughed out loud, as she didn't see it in person. It's sad to think that HockeyCam is gone.:-(

Harvard(sUcKs) even more than Dartmouth
Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 10:49PM

Jim is right. . .Harvard(sUcKs) even more!:-P

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 11:01PM

Actually, I think that was in the days of Age's hand-held camera (not streamed, obvioiusly).

If only that sequence had happened when we pulled the goalie last night. :-/ But then our empty net this year seems to be much worse than the 1999-2000 empty net. nut

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 11:39PM

lol
i remember that game oh so well. that was highly amusing.
i hope that the RED learn some lessons from tonight. That is more important than the stinkin polls :-)

Posted by: jnachod (---)
Date: November 16, 2002 11:56PM

Yes, Yes Dartmouth hockey sucks.

I think the big problem with this game was the blind, deaf wannabe refs. This is really aggravating. We need to figure out exactly how Dartmouth's play differs from other teams' play so we can make adjustments that will allow us to beat this stinkin D-mouth team next time.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: November 17, 2002 01:07AM

I was at the game tonight (just braved it through the snow storm back to Boston). The team looked really flat in the first two periods-- I don't know what was wrong. Goals were scored on some real defensive breakdowns. First one we got caught up as the power play expired trying to get Varteressian from the box to the bench. Another one was scored on a good chance for us which they quickly took back the other way.

I don't know what Schafer said between periods two and three, but we brought out a completely different team. Unfortunately, they just came up one short. Dell screwed us on a couple plays -- one quick whistle that might have been a goal (Dell loves to do that if I remember correctly) and one where it looked like Boucher knocked his own net off as we were scoring.

Both ENG's were little tricklers that barely made it to the net. Kind of a shame. I have never seen Murray as pissed as he was after the first one. He had a point blank shot which Boucher turned aside, and then someone sent down the ice into the empty net. Doug slammed his stick on the ice incredibly hard. You could tell that this one really hurt--Dartmouth is a huge monkey on this team's back.

But there is some silver lining. We came back strong after sucking it up hardcore and very nearly came back. We obviously have a very good team that just had an off night tonight for whatever reason. I'm sure they'll be back to form for this tough stretch we have coming up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login