Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU/Michigan Wrestling on CSTV

Posted by Robb 
CU/Michigan Wrestling on CSTV
Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 09:58PM

Right now (1/10/06, 7 pm PST) - at least in CA. Don't know if they shift the times or not... Churella beating Easter right now.

Re: CU/Michigan Wrestling on CSTV
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 11:32PM

Robb - thanks for the notice, caught the second half of the broadcast, though I was lucky to see this as I don't check the Spencer Forum that often.
Question for all: Should there be some general guidelines as to what should be [OT] on the Hockey forum - perhaps other Cornell sports? In this case, it would have given others interested in Cornell wrestling a better chance to notice that it was on TV.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2006 08:00AM

jkahn
Question for all: Should there be some general guidelines as to what should be [OT] on the Hockey forum - perhaps other Cornell sports? In this case, it would have given others interested in Cornell wrestling a better chance to notice that it was on TV.
Good question. Big difference between Cornell wrestling and John Spencer.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: January 11, 2006 09:41AM

I like seeing "[OT] insert Cornell sport here" on the main forum. I doubt I'd have ever paid much attention to Cornell wrestling or lacrosse if it weren't mentioned here on a regular basis - or at least I wouldn't have been as knowledgeable about it. Relegating it to this forum does it a disservice.

I don't like seeing "[OT] professional hockey that has nothing to do with alumni" on the so-called hockey forum, mostly because I don't have any interest in it, and don't know or follow any players.

Anything that's obviously as off-topic as John Spencer belongs in this forum.

Posted by: Robb (---.northgrum.com)
Date: January 11, 2006 11:09AM

Sigh... I thought I was doing the right thing. So many rules!

I was debating OT in the main vs on-topic here, and went with the latter. Mea cupla.

Posted by: Beeeej (12.10.219.---)
Date: January 11, 2006 12:19PM

I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who think non-Cornell hockey, or Cornell non-hockey sports, are so far OT that you shouldn't post them in the main forum. Mark 'em "OT," maybe, but main forum. At least that's MHO.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Robb (---.northgrum.com)
Date: January 11, 2006 02:34PM

Then maybe we could get Age to rename that forum to "Anything about any sport with Cornell or hockey in the title." nut

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 12, 2006 09:55AM

See, this is why I didn't want to start adding arbitrary fora.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 12, 2006 11:59AM

[Q]See, this is why I didn't want to start adding arbitrary fora.[/Q]

And why I still don't think you should have for the one post in 10,000 that's actually very OT.

There's been more discussion in the last two weeks about which post should go where then there ever was before about OT posts being inappropriate.

But I'm sure you couldn't resist showing me up :-P ;-)

Re: John Spencer? STILL dead
Posted by: Beeeej (12.10.219.---)
Date: January 12, 2006 12:46PM

Did you notice, by the way, all the lines in this week's "West Wing" that seemed oddly prescient given Spencer's recent death?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 12, 2006 05:23PM

Robb
Sigh... I thought I was doing the right thing. So many rules!

I was debating OT in the main vs on-topic here, and went with the latter. Mea cupla.
I don't think anyone meant their responses as knocks on your posting this thread here, Robb. Some of us just feel there's more than a little difference in degree of "off-topicness" between John Spencer and Cornell lacrosse/wrestling/football--despite what Professor Whalen might have expressed in ugarte's thread over in the hockey forum.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: January 12, 2006 06:18PM

Al DeFlorio
Professor Whalen

Are you misspelling my name on purpose to needle me?

Date: January 15, 2006 11:57AM

jtwcornell91
Al DeFlorio
Professor Whalen

No. Sorry. I just don't think threads on Cornell sports belong in a Forum titled "John Spencer is Dead."

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 20, 2006 02:52AM

jtwcornell91
Al DeFlorio
Professor Whalen

HAHAHA! (Sorry that it took so long to notice this.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login