Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell lacrosse 2019

Posted by billhoward 
Page: Previous12 3 456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Cornell lacrosse 2019
Posted by: Swampy (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2019 12:12AM

CU77
[www.insidelacrosse.com]

STX and Inside Lacrosse are pleased to announce “The Season 2019,” a five-chapter multi-platform video and digital content series that will spotlight two of the sport’s most interesting programs: the historic Cornell Big Red men’s team, and the hard-charging Florida Gators’ women’s team.

After leading the Big Red to an NCAA Quarterfinal appearance as the interim head coach last spring, Peter Milliman will aim to build on that success in his first full-time season. Cornell is led by a pair of preseason All-Americans in first-team attackman Jeff Teat and third-team midfielder Jake McCulloch and enter the season ranked No. 5 in Face-Off Yearbook.

The Season 2019 will build on the foundation laid by last year’s groundbreaking effort, a four-team, 10-episode effort that amassed 1.4 million views across YouTube and ESPNU, making it one of the most substantial series in lacrosse history. Jason Ryan Creative is back on board to lead the production and bring their eye for compelling sports storytelling once again.

“The Season 2019” Chapter 1 will debut on Thursday, Feb. 14., and will include a behind-the-scenes look at the Gators’ and Big Red’s fall and return to campus after winter break. Visit www.TheSeason2019.com to subscribe and ensure you receive all the latest content as soon as it’s available.

[www.TheSeason2019.com]

Way cool! dribble

Re: Cornell lacrosse 2019 - polls progress?
Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2019 03:57PM

Duke and UNC have probably played three, four games already. Our 0-0 record until February may help us in the polls if it's like Cornell hockey in the last 3 weeks of December.

Re: Cornell lacrosse 2019 - polls progress?
Posted by: CU77 (---.wireless.ucsb.edu)
Date: January 14, 2019 06:29PM

Actually today is the first day of practice for all non-Ivys, per NCAA rule. First games are Feb.2.

Re: Cornell lacrosse 2019 - schedule
Date: January 21, 2019 05:53PM

Looking at the schedule to see which home and road games are especially interesting, which might merit a trip back the. Of the pre-season top 20, we play 1, 8 and 10, plus 11, 13, 17, 19. Only #19 Princeton is at home.

Hobart at Hobart Feb. 24, is this a joke? A Friday game, if you go you won't get home in time to see RPI hockey at Lynah except the final period. Unless I missed the Lake Trouters construction of a dome ... a Friday game ... at dusk ... in winter ... where the average high temp in February is just above freezing at 2 pm. Then we skate against Union Saturday night, then Bucknell lax at Schoellkopf Sunday 1 pm. This could be a decent sports weekend. Ohio State wrestles at Friedman for Cornell's last dual match, Friday 6:30.

Yale lax is at home to Cornell Satureday, 3/16, 1 pm. 2 hours to play the game, 4.5 hours / 250 miles back to Lynah and you'd make the second period of the ECAC quarterfinals if you gassed up before parking in New Haven. This is the only away game in March (plus 2 neutral site games 3/8-9 in Charlotte).

St. Bonaventure lax at Schoellkopf Tuesday 3/19. The Bonnies' first year of D1 lacrosse. Unless Teat gets 10+ points, was it worth stepping back from playing, say, Bucknell or Army? Or Colgate?

Penn 3/23, Harvard 4/6, Syracuse 4/9 Tuesday 7 pm, Brown are all on the road. Albany 3/2, Penn 3/23 (hockey-in-Lake-Placid weekend), Princeton 4/27 at noon are home. Penn State and Towson are neutral field 3/8, 3/10 in Charlotte.

Gone from 2018: Colgate (after playing the past six seasons), Binghamton (10 matchups 2004-2018 from C9-6 to C19-4), Air Force.

We play:
1. Yale
2. Duke
3. Maryland

4. Cornell
5. Virginia
6. Loyola
7. Hopkins

8. ND
9. Denver
10. Syracuse
11. Penn State
12. UNC
13. Lehigh
14. Rutgers
15. TOSU
16. UMass

17. Albany
18. Georgetown
19. Princeton
20. Marquette
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 11:14PM by billhoward.

Re: Cornell lacrosse 2019 - schedule
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2019 06:36PM

If I read this correctly, you list UAlbany on3/2 twice. Only the home game is correct.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2019 05:42AM

Season preview at US Lacrosse: [www.uslaxmagazine.com]

Date: January 31, 2019 11:35AM

Al DeFlorio

Thanks! The article is very informative, even though it doesn't mention the reinforcements we have coming in for faceoffs and for an already stellar attack. But most conspicuous, the article itself doesn't mention what most of us see as the biggest obstacle facing the Big Red this season. This was left to the article's "Enemy Lines" section, where presumably an opposing coach said:
Anonymous
They have to figure out how to deal with what people do with Teat.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.37.26.69.virtela.net)
Date: January 31, 2019 05:04PM

Swampy
Al DeFlorio

Thanks! The article is very informative, even though it doesn't mention the reinforcements we have coming in for faceoffs and for an already stellar attack. But most conspicuous, the article itself doesn't mention what most of us see as the biggest obstacle facing the Big Red this season. This was left to the article's "Enemy Lines" section, where presumably an opposing coach said:
Anonymous

Yep, that's my concern, too. We shall see.

Date: January 31, 2019 06:28PM

Swampy
presumably an opposing coach said:
Anonymous

deadhorsedeadhorsedeadhorse

Jeez people! Stop it. I guarantee you the coaching staff has worked this out. This team has a lot more this year that opposing defenses have to deal with, especially if Connor Fletcher steps up and fixes his shot accuracy. Jake McCulloch and Jon Donville are serious midfield threats and I expect to see a lot of JJ Lombardi seeing midfield time. Lombardi can both shoot and feed, and the idea of feeding from the top to cutters from behind and the wings when the defense is spread too far to slide will cause serious matchup problems to the defenses. We've fixed faceoffs. My main worry is the poles. Doria is fine, Fleet Wallace needs to be more...fleet. We need a third close D to step up. Maybe Max Fields will be ready.

We'll also have to get our shots faster with the 80 second posession clock. We didn't stall last year - we worked the ball with multiple quick passes and wore defenses down or caused sliding errors. We don't have that kind of time any more, but hey- we have players familiar with the box game, so the new clock rules should help us.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: January 31, 2019 06:48PM

TimV
Swampy
Anonymous

Jeez people! Stop it. I guarantee you the coaching staff has worked this out. This team has a lot more this year that opposing defenses have to deal with, especially if Connor Fletcher steps up and fixes his shot accuracy. Jake McCulloch and Jon Donville are serious midfield threats and I expect to see a lot of JJ Lombardi seeing midfield time. Lombardi can both shoot and feed, and the idea of feeding from the top to cutters from behind and the wings when the defense is spread too far to slide will cause serious matchup problems to the defenses. We've fixed faceoffs. My main worry is the poles. Doria is fine, Fleet Wallace needs to be more...fleet. We need a third close D to step up. Maybe Max Fields will be ready.

We'll also have to get our shots faster with the 80 second posession clock. We didn't stall last year - we worked the ball with multiple quick passes and wore defenses down or caused sliding errors. We don't have that kind of time any more, but hey- we have players familiar with the box game, so the new clock rules should help us.

I wonder if we'll see more recruits from Canada based on your last statement?

Date: January 31, 2019 08:03PM

TimV
Interesting chart here showing, by team, percentage of 2018 goals scored after 80 seconds:

[lacrossereference.com]

Note that all three teams that beat Yale last season are on the list (#1, #8, and #9).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2019 08:08PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 01, 2019 11:17AM

TimV
Swampy
Anonymous

Actually, I almost totally agree with you. I'm sanguine about GK, but close D still has to prove itself. And yes, Fleet Wallace -- the most likely candidate to take over Jake Pulver's role -- needs to be quicker. (Just look at the first half of the ILT championship last year.) And we have a lot more firepower this year. Obviously the Brown and Maryland tourney games gave the coaching staff something to think about over the summer, and surely they came up with some plans. But the proof of the pudding will still be in the eating.

Date: February 01, 2019 11:30AM

Al DeFlorio
TimV
Interesting chart here showing, by team, percentage of 2018 goals scored after 80 seconds:

[lacrossereference.com]

Note that all three teams that beat Yale last season are on the list (#1, #8, and #9).

This and the analysis along with the chart bring up very interesting points about the new 80 second rule. Three addition thoughts:
  1. The time limit on the opponents' offenses should give the ball more often to our high-powered offense.
  2. The time limit on our offense should put more pressure on our defense, so depth may become a major issue.
  3. Defenses will be changing their tactics to take advantage of the new 80-second clock.

Also, I wish the article on 2018 scoring had also compared all teams that made the NC$$ tourney. Also also, data on turnovers by these elite teams (both the original table's % of goals after 80 seconds among the 20 most efficient teams and my wished for teams that made it to the dance) would be helpful. The article says, "patience in a possession is more likely to cause a turnover than it is to result in a great chance." But is this true about the very best teams that seriously challenged for the NC?

Posted by: rss77 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2019 10:38PM

Yale beat Syracuse in a scrimmage today 18-14. Yale lead 12-4 at half. All this info courtesy of Syracuse lax message board

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: February 05, 2019 10:21AM

When it says scoring after 80 secs does that only count when teams run it around for 80 secs and then shoots or is that also if a team takes 3-4-5- shots gets it back and finally scores after 80 secs?

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: February 05, 2019 10:41AM

upprdeck
When it says scoring after 80 secs does that only count when teams run it around for 80 secs and then shoots or is that also if a team takes 3-4-5- shots gets it back and finally scores after 80 secs?

Good point. The implication in the article is that 80 seconds or more goes by before a single scoring shot. That may not be true if multiple shots are taken (by an "impatient" offense) but do not result in goals or turnovers, until finally, after 80 seconds, one goes in.

Date: February 05, 2019 10:46AM

My reading is you have:

* 20 seconds to get the ball across midfield (as now), then the 20-second part ends, and you have
* 60 seconds to get off a shot, and the shot has to be
* a goal, or a stop that was on-net, or (I believe) a shot off the pipe
* a wide shot retains possession for the attackers but the clock doesn't reset (otherwise you'd encourage wild SOGs around 55 seconds elapsed)

The referees will keep the 20-second clock but the 60-second clock is visible. It's 80 seconds total only if you get the ball across midfield at 19.9 seconds

[www.ncaa.com]

Others may have guidance on what happens if the shot hits a defending player, or a defender in front of the goal. It sounds like that's a play-on situation and the clock keeps rolling.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 10:49AM by billhoward.

Posted by: mountainred (69.43.54.---)
Date: February 05, 2019 02:55PM

billhoward
My reading is you have:

* 20 seconds to get the ball across midfield (as now), then the 20-second part ends, and you have
* a wide shot retains possession for the attackers but the clock doesn't reset (otherwise you'd encourage wild SOGs around 55 seconds elapsed)

The referees will keep the 20-second clock but the 60-second clock is visible. It's 80 seconds total only if you get the ball across midfield at 19.9 seconds

[www.ncaa.com]

Others may have guidance on what happens if the shot hits a defending player, or a defender in front of the goal. It sounds like that's a play-on situation and the clock keeps rolling.

Bill, based on this quote from the article you cited: "If the team in possession of the ball is not in its offensive half of the field when the visible shot clock reaches 60 seconds, it is a violation," it sounds like teams will have 80 seconds per possession. If you clear effectively, you get a few more ticks on the offensive end. That assumes the NCAA knows their own rules, which is probably a large assumption.

Date: February 05, 2019 06:37PM

mountainred
billhoward
My reading is you have:

[www.ncaa.com]

Bill, based on this quote from the article you cited: "If the team in possession of the ball is not in its offensive half of the field when the visible shot clock reaches 60 seconds, it is a violation," it sounds like teams will have 80 seconds per possession. If you clear effectively, you get a few more ticks on the offensive end. That assumes the NCAA knows their own rules, which is probably a large assumption.

FYP

Date: February 05, 2019 08:01PM

Sorry, the bullet points are mine. My reading was the refs count the 20 by hand or a wristwatch and then at midfield there's a 60-second counter. But there are these words from an NCAA article:

NCAA
The shot clock will include a 20-second clearing count, during which players must advance the ball across the midfield line with the over-and-back provision in effect. If the team in possession of the ball is not in its offensive half of the field when the visible shot clock reaches 60 seconds, it is a violation. +

If so then it's 80 and if you get it across in 10 seconds you've got 70 more to shoot.

Date: February 06, 2019 10:36AM

billhoward
Sorry, the bullet points are mine. My reading was the refs count the 20 by hand or a wristwatch and then at midfield there's a 60-second counter. But there are these words from an NCAA article:

NCAA
The shot clock will include a 20-second clearing count, during which players must advance the ball across the midfield line with the over-and-back provision in effect. If the team in possession of the ball is not in its offensive half of the field when the visible shot clock reaches 60 seconds, it is a violation. +

If so then it's 80 and if you get it across in 10 seconds you've got 70 more to shoot.

Last year Yale routinely employed a hard ride, which tended to keep opposing teams in their defensive zone. But in the ILT we handled it quite well. If the clock works this way, look for Milliman & Co. to emphasize fast clears.

Posted by: CU77 (---.sb.sd.cox.net)
Date: February 07, 2019 01:03AM

Preseason video for the team from lax.com:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 09, 2019 04:50PM

Towson 17-8 over Hopkins today. They're at Schoellkopf March 10, two days after Penn State visits.

Posted by: dag14 (---.dhcp.bhn.net)
Date: February 09, 2019 05:22PM

Anyone have feedback on today's scrimmages at Drexel?

Posted by: TimV (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 09, 2019 07:46PM

Al DeFlorio
Towson 17-8 over Hopkins today. They're at Schoellkopf March 10, two days after Penn State visits.

Not in Ithaca. Double header weekend in Charlotte NC. Probably no TV. I might have to make that trip.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 10, 2019 10:09AM

tough schedule to play 3 games in 7 days and almost do it 2 weeks in a row with 3 of them on the road
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 10:09AM by upprdeck.

Date: February 10, 2019 01:49PM

upprdeck
tough schedule to play 3 games in 7 days and almost do it 2 weeks in a row with 3 of them on the road

Based on the way Towson looked smashing Hopkins, agree that a two day turnaround after facing a tough Penn State team will be a challenge. Still, it's the same deal on championship weekend with tougher opponents. And those two followed by Natty Champ Yale are actually three games in 9 days. Harvard-Syracuse-Notre Dame is also 9 days but less travel. If all goes well we get another three games in nine days with the Princeton-Ivy semifinals-Ivy finals, although that, at least, starts with a home game.

Weird schedule this year.

Date: February 10, 2019 04:28PM

Report on yesterday's scrimmages against Drexel and Binghamton in Philly:
lgr2019
Attended both scrims yesterday. Coooooooold and windy. While I don't have a final score for either, Cornell dominated Drexel from start to finish in the first game, and, well, got dominated in the second (playing only backups and young guys). McCulloch did not play with what I was told a shoulder injury but should be back for the Hobart game. Paul took the draws, Bullen manned the cage. No lock-off of on Teat (as expected, though it would have been nice to see how they handle it). Scoring was pretty spread out, but the shot of the day was an absolute rocket from Fletcher that nicely pinged the top bar. If he can be accurate with his shot he will be one of the best middie's in the country. As far as looking forward to Hobart, it appears this is the offensive depth chart:

A1: Teat, Petterson, Piatelli
A2: Rupp, Coyle, Texeira, Lockhart

M1: McCulloch, Fletcher, Donville
M2: Licciardi, Ward, Telesco
M3: Wolf, Lombardi, Duggan

Karey, Doria, Wallace and Sal were the poles. Defense I thought looked fantastic for this early in the year and battled off a super physical Drexel team. Although they didn't get much run because it seemed Cornell had the ball for about 20 minutes straight at one point.

All in all, should be an awesome year if that scrimmage is any indicator.
[fanlax.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 04:28PM by CU77.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 10, 2019 06:16PM

TimV
Still, it's the same deal on championship weekend with tougher opponents.
well, sure, but unless your regular season opponent has the same turnaround, it's not like the tournament

Date: February 11, 2019 07:08PM

This report was furnished to me by an attendee to yesterday's scrimmages:

The weather was brutal, temperature about 30 with a continuous 15-20 mph crosswind. Wind chill in the high teens. Players wore uniforms with lower legs exposed. Not sure if a fair evaluation can be given under such adverse conditions, but suffice to say the players deserve kudos for their courage - they played as if ignoring the weather. The first scrimmage was against Drexel. Caelahn Bullen started in goal and played 3 quarters. His save % was about 50%. Cornell, playing first line players led 9-2 at the half. The final score was Cornell 14, Drexel 10. Jeff Teat had 4 assists & 1 goal. I'm sure the Big Red coaches were disappointed that Drexel did not try to lock off Jeff. No doubt, they would have liked to work on whatever solutions they think might work. Clarke Petterson had 2 goals as did Colton Rupp. John Piatelli had 3. Cooper Telesco looked great, scoring the 9th goal and Connor Fletcher scored on a rocket. Zach Ward and Joe Wolf had 1 each and Jonathan Donville chipped in 2. Great scoring distribution. The starting defense looked pretty good, holding Drexel's starters to 2 goals in the first half. As subs sprinkled in in the 2nd half, Drexel closed the gap, outscoring Cornell 8-5. Chayse Ierlan replaced Bullen in the 4th quarter and saved about 50% as well.

Chayse started the second scrimmage against Binghamton and played a half. He was relieved by Parker Henderer for the 2nd half. Both looked effective, again saving about half the shots. Would have liked to see Teddy Strzetelski between the pipes but he did not play. Colton Rupp played most of the second scrimmage, one of the few top line players to do so. He scored 4 goals. Binghamton led at the half 6-4 - it was 3-0 before Cornell first scored. The Big Red finally caught up late in the 4th quarter 8-8 and with about a minute left, JJ Lombardi scored to win the scrimmage 9-8. There was a clock at the field for the first scrimmage but not for the 2nd scrimmage that was played on a different field.

Faceoffs: Paul Rasimowicz and Tim Graham (from Australia) shared faceoff duties against Drexel. Against Binghamton, Graham shared duties with Hunter Hughes (the 27 year old Marine). I don't think Paul took any faceoffs in the second scrimmage. The faceoff unit needs work and they have 2 weeks to get ready for Hobart.

Time Clock: It did not appear the 80 second time clock had a significant impact on play. I only recall 2 times when a team lost possession on a clock violation. A shot determined by the refs to be on cage resulted in another 80 seconds being awarded. If yesterday's action was any indication, if the Rules Committee wanted the time clock to change something, it didn't.

Overall perception: Cornell has two solid attack lines and two solid midfield lines. The defensive middies did OK. Kason Tarbell looked good & his leadership as a 5th year Senior will be helpful. Colton Rupp's game has improved - rather than sniping from a fixed position, most of his goals were closer in with dodging. Jake McCulloch didn't play but I understand he is OK and ready to go. Joe Wolf looks much improved and will contribute. The Big Red has two solid goalies in Bullen & Ierlan. Fleet Wallace, Brandon Salvatore, Harrison Bardwell & Dom Doria did well. Big shoes to fill with Jake Pulver's graduation but they did well.

With all the tall trees being chopped down, Duke, Syracuse, Johns Hopkins, the Big Red needs to stay down on the farm, ignore preseason rankings and play as if they are ranked 30th as they were at the beginning of 2018. Stay hungry BIG RED! GBR!

Posted by: mike1960 (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2019 01:34AM

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but every game except the two for the Crown Lacrosse Classic will be televised this year one one of the various ESPN channels. ESPN+ has most of them, but it's only about 5 dollars a month. It's going to be a very fun year for those of us living far from Ithaca.

Posted by: djk26 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 15, 2019 09:47AM

Did anyone watch episode 1 of "The Season" (featuring Cornell's men's team and Florida's women's team) last night (2/14) on ESPNU? I didn't see it so I'm wondering if it was any good--according to cornellbigred.com:

cornellbigred.com
The episode will also be available on at www.TheSeason2019.com beginning on Monday, Feb. 18.

Does anyone know if that is a paid subscription? I see that "The Season" episodes from 2018 are on YouTube, but I don't know how long that takes.

Date: February 15, 2019 10:40AM

for a huge company the presentation layer of the watchespn app is just awful. its so hard/slow/painful to find things

Date: February 15, 2019 10:56AM

the website for the season has no real info either.. the first episode is being replayed at 12:30 today on espnu

Date: February 15, 2019 09:50PM

watched the Season tonight.. Did a good job of trying to show the commitment the team has to hard work.. some really nice drone shots of campus and the city. featured Coach, Teat, and the Aussie really well.

about half and half with the Florida team and how their SRs want to win a title.

very watchable.

Cornell Men practicing in snow and Florida "Women" in sun was a nice contrast.

Date: February 16, 2019 03:06PM

colgate handled Bingo pretty easily
yale with a huge comeback to tie Vill and go to OT and Loses
Brown drilled Quin
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 03:09PM by upprdeck.

Date: February 16, 2019 05:41PM

And Penn takes Maryland to OT and loses. Harvard loses to UNC. Princeton crushes Monmouth, Dartmouth crushed by BU.

Why is Cornell the only Ivy not playing this week??

Date: February 16, 2019 11:40PM

CU77
And Penn takes Maryland to OT and loses. Harvard loses to UNC. Princeton crushes Monmouth, Dartmouth crushed by BU.

Why is Cornell the only Ivy not playing this week??

Because Ithaca is awfully cold in February?

Date: February 17, 2019 01:29AM

Harvard played in North Carolina.

Date: February 17, 2019 04:19PM

OK. Here’s a more serious (guess at an) answer.

Milliman has put together an ambitious schedule, with several short turnarounds between games against some very good teams. Here I’ve grouped games separated by less than a week apart and boldfaced those with 2 days separation and italicized those with 3. The numbers are rankings in the Inside Lacrosse preseason poll.

F 2/22: @ Hobart
Su 2/24: Lehigh

Sa 3/2: Albany 14
F 3/8: Penn State (in Charlotte) 9
Su 3/10: Towson (in Charlotte) 7*#

Sa 3/16: @Yale 1
T 3/19: St. Bonaventure
Sa 3/23: Penn#

Sa 3/30: Dartmouth

Sa 4/6: @Harvard
T 4/9: @Syracuse 10

Su 4/14: @Notre Dame 11
Sa 4/20: @Brown

Sa 4/27: Princeton

Now look at this tournament, and you’ll see a remarkable resemblance to the schedule Coach Milliman wants our boys to get used to. What do you suppose he has in mind?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 10:24PM by Swampy.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2019 05:43PM

upprdeck
watched the Season tonight.. Did a good job of trying to show the commitment the team has to hard work.. some really nice drone shots of campus and the city. featured Coach, Teat, and the Aussie really well.

about half and half with the Florida team and how their SRs want to win a title.

very watchable.

Why the quotation marks?

Posted by: marty (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2019 07:18PM

CU2007
upprdeck

very watchable.

Why the quotation marks?

This?

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2019 08:23PM

CU2007
upprdeck

very watchable.

Why the quotation marks?
just busting my balls

Date: February 18, 2019 12:33PM

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2019 02:01PM

Enjoyable segment. Great human interest angle with our new Aussie FOGO Tim Graham. Certainly paints the program in a favorable light, and Milliman comes off as an excellent leader.

Date: February 22, 2019 10:38AM

decent weather for the game tonight it looks like.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.sub-174-203-18.myvzw.com)
Date: February 22, 2019 04:54PM

Roku option today?

Date: February 22, 2019 04:58PM

Webcast for the game today:

[hwsathletics.com]

Date: February 22, 2019 05:17PM

3-2 Hobart mid-first; no effort to free up Teat yet.

6-4 Cornell after one; faceoffs 7-4 Hobart, no sign of the Aussie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 05:31PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: February 22, 2019 05:30PM

Al DeFlorio
3-2 Hobart mid-first; no effort to free up Teat yet.

6-4 after the first.

Date: February 22, 2019 05:53PM

Very sloppy second period; Cornell 7 for 9 on clears, Hobart 7 for 14!

Tria taking most faceoffs; score 9-6 Cornell 4+ left in half.

10-8 late first half; Bullen hasn't impressed - 6 saves, 8 goals; our D guys slipping a lot. Shoes?

11-8 halftime

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 06:03PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 22, 2019 06:04PM

he made 6 saves in half the 1st quarter then none the last 15-20 min..

Date: February 22, 2019 06:08PM

Really looks like a first game -- occasional terrific plays, unsettled goals, and a couple of spectacular passes by Teat. It's hard to complain when the offense has scored 11 goals in the first half.

The defense is a little bit of a disappointment. The help needs to come [edit] -- like Thor's hammer -- [end edit] on those lefty shots around and in front of the goal. It's too easy sometimes.

Love seeing lacrosse again!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 06:09PM by mike1960.

Date: February 22, 2019 06:19PM

it was like watching the hockey team with some of the crazy cross field passes that led to hobart goals

Date: February 22, 2019 06:29PM

Graham took a faceoff; push gave it to Hobart.

Ierlan in for Bullen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 06:41PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 22, 2019 06:42PM

16-12 Red after 3. Offense has been good, defense has not. Ierlan came in near the end of the 3rd and made a nice save.

I don’t know about anyone else watching the game, but the frenetic pace is entertaining and exhausting to watch.

Date: February 22, 2019 06:57PM

scoop85
I don’t know about anyone else watching the game, but the frenetic pace is entertaining and exhausting to watch.
Ugly lacrosse, IMHO.

Date: February 22, 2019 06:58PM

scoop85
16-12 Red after 3. Offense has been good, defense has not. Ierlan came in near the end of the 3rd and made a nice save.

It's a lot more exciting, for sure. It will be much more enjoyable without so many turnovers. 20 for Hobart and 16 for Cornell with 6 minutes left. Incredible.

Date: February 22, 2019 07:18PM

Big Red wins 19-16, with Hobart making a late run after Cornell took a 19-13 lead. Chase Ierlan did an excellent job in relief in goal and made a case for himself to be the starter Sunday against Lehigh.

Date: February 23, 2019 10:54AM

Al DeFlorio

Tria taking most faceoffs

Actually wasn't it #7? Paul A.?

Date: February 23, 2019 11:07AM

TimV
Al DeFlorio

Ramisowicz 14-30
Tria 3-7
Graham 0-1
Salvatore 0-1

Box doesn't say what order they were in so for all I know Al wasn't wrong at the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 11:29AM by ugarte.

Date: February 23, 2019 12:10PM

TimV
Al DeFlorio

Check the time stamp. Several edits in that post. Early second period Tria took a bunch. Then back to Ras.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 12:14PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 24, 2019 01:14PM

5-0 Lehigh after 7 minutes; zero Cornell shots, zero saves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 01:16PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: semsox (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2019 01:20PM

Horrible start. Bullen has been bad, but the defense hasn't been great either. Offense just needs the ball.

Date: February 24, 2019 01:49PM

Cornell keeps turning it over, slipping and falling, sloppy passes.

6-4 Lehigh late first with Lehigh now man up nonreleasable. Digging own hole.

6-5 Lehigh at the half. Defense settled down since mid-first period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 01:57PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:15PM

Screwed up three man-ups within seconds of start.

Lehigh with two to open 2nd half. 8-5

Teat makes it 8-6. Bullen Sharpe. Need patience on shot selection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 02:21PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:21PM

Faceoffs remain a big problem

Date: February 24, 2019 02:23PM

scoop85
Faceoffs remain a big problem
Ras hurt?

Date: February 24, 2019 02:25PM

Poor shot choice by Teat.

Piatelli scores 8-7; then Fletcher throws it away.

Sixth Cornell man-down upcoming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 02:29PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:29PM

Fletcher also trying to do way too much today. Has given away two possessions early on in the shot clock

Date: February 24, 2019 02:32PM

Now a shot clock violation playing to tie.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:33PM

Lehigh goes up 2 after a brutal missed too-many men on Lehigh

Date: February 24, 2019 02:35PM

Two-goal 3rd period not good enough. Too many wasted possessions.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:36PM

Al DeFlorio
Two-goal 3rd period not good enough. Too many wasted possessions.

And possessions are extra precious when you are losing the FO battle

Date: February 24, 2019 02:40PM

Now a penalty after face-off violation after pulling within one.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:43PM

Finally...Piatelli tries it.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:45PM

Teat beats Chick 10-9 Red

Date: February 24, 2019 02:48PM

Piatelli to Pettersen 11-9

10 min to go

Date: February 24, 2019 02:51PM

Teat beats Chick again, up 3

Date: February 24, 2019 02:52PM

Teat is unbelievable. The stick fakes and way he cradles/shoots makes it so hard for the goalie.

Date: February 24, 2019 02:56PM

Keep falling down. Need better shoes?

Date: February 24, 2019 03:08PM

14-9 win going away after a 7-0 4th quarter. Exhale.

Date: February 24, 2019 03:10PM

ugarte

They looked like a totally different team in the last quarter.

Date: February 24, 2019 03:12PM

mike1960
ugarte

They looked like a totally different team in the last quarter.
Played relaxed, confident after the tie.

Date: February 24, 2019 03:13PM

Teat doesn't often shoot hard, but he rarely seems to miss.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2019 03:14PM by scoop85.

Date: February 24, 2019 03:16PM

Bullen very effective after 5-goal Lehigh start.

Posted by: George64 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2019 05:19PM

Al DeFlorio

Ras hurt?

Yes, per Cornell Sun — “Sophomore FOGO Paul Rasimowicz missed the game with an undisclosed injury, and Cornell was just 9-for-27 on faceoffs in his absence. Junior long-stick midfielder Brandon Salvatore took the plurality of Cornell faceoffs, winning four of 12, while sophomore FOGO Luca Tria won four of his 10 faceoffs. Milliman said Rasimowicz is day-to-day going forward.”

Date: February 24, 2019 05:40PM

George64
Al DeFlorio

Ras hurt?

Yes, per Cornell Sun — “Sophomore FOGO Paul Rasimowicz missed the game with an undisclosed injury, and Cornell was just 9-for-27 on faceoffs in his absence. Junior long-stick midfielder Brandon Salvatore took the plurality of Cornell faceoffs, winning four of 12, while sophomore FOGO Luca Tria won four of his 10 faceoffs. Milliman said Rasimowicz is day-to-day going forward.”
Last thing Cornell needed.

Date: February 24, 2019 06:10PM

Al DeFlorio
George64
Al DeFlorio

Ras hurt?

Last thing Cornell needed.

Well at least day-to-day is about the best we could hope for.

Date: February 24, 2019 06:13PM

Attendance of 342 for the home opener of a top-10 Cornell team with a storied history (and the best player in the country) is just sad.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2019 06:32PM

CU77
Attendance of 342 for the home opener of a top-10 Cornell team with a storied history (and the best player in the country) is just sad.

Are the championship banners back up yet?

Date: February 24, 2019 07:05PM

considering the weather and no students around , surprised anyone came.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.132.76.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: February 24, 2019 07:48PM

upprdeck
considering the weather and no students around , surprised anyone came.

Gale force winds, rain and fog? Yeah, just watch it online.

Date: February 24, 2019 09:11PM

OK I didn't know about this "February break" thing …

Date: February 25, 2019 12:50AM

CU77
OK I didn't know about this "February break" thing …

Cornell today! Students are getting soft. Back in the day we never had breaks, except to take prelims at 7:30 AM, everyday but Wednesdays, St. Patty’s, and Tisha B’Av. This allowed us to be free to attend athletic events in early afternoon, do our laundry, go on a road trip, and return to campus by 9:00 PM that night, just in time to pull an all-nighter and get ready for the prelim the next morning. Even though the temperature was 15 below and the snow was 15 feet deep (in August — I was a Co-op student), we trudged through it on Lib Slope to and from the exams, uphill both ways. AND WE LIKED IT!

Oh, and we had grade deflation: our profs would actually curve our grades down. AND WE LIKED IT!
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 01:00AM by Swampy.

Posted by: KenP (137.75.68.---)
Date: February 25, 2019 03:37PM

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.ipyx-102276-zyo.zip.zayo.com)
Date: February 25, 2019 03:50PM

Definitely weird to move up after a pair of surprisingly close games against unranked teams but I will not complain.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2019 04:01PM

ugarte
Definitely weird to move up after a pair of surprisingly close games against unranked teams but I will not complain.

Lots of good teams out there. I doubt we're the 3rd best team right now, but we have potential to be very good. Worried about the FOGO situation though.

Date: February 25, 2019 04:24PM

I guess if you consider there are only a few unbeaten teams left

Yale is about a play away from 2 losses.

who knows this early, but we won by 5 and were beating hobart by 6 late,

once you get past loyala and maryland, everyone has issues

if we beat albany i will feel better about where we are heading, but the X is really the issue we seem to have to deal with again.

Date: February 25, 2019 05:13PM

10 minutes of highlights from the Lehigh game:

[www.youtube.com]

Page: Previous12 3 456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login