Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Bill Lazor- Coaching in NFL

Posted by cth95 
Bill Lazor- Coaching in NFL
Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2017 10:01PM

Bill Lazor is getting much credit on Monday Night Football. His Bengals offense leads the 9-2 Stealers 17-3 at halftime. The announcers have mentioned Cornell, coach Hofher, and the Ivy league in complimenting Lazor.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 10:09PM by cth95.

Re: Bill Lazor- Coaching in NFL
Posted by: KenP (---.mycingular.net)
Date: December 05, 2017 07:02AM

cth95
Bill Lazor is getting much credit on Monday Night Football. His Bengals offense leads the 9-2 Stealers 17-3 at halftime. The announcers have mentioned Cornell, coach Hofher, and the Ivy league in complimenting Lazor.
LOL, I turned the game in the 2nd quarter just as they showed him on the sideline. I told my family he used to be Cornell’s QB when I was there and got the eye rolling “that’s nice dear.”

Happy for him but glad the Stillrs won. Hope Shazier is okay.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 05, 2017 08:52AM

KenP
got the eye rolling “that’s nice dear.”

I get that a lot.

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: December 05, 2017 11:12AM

Trotsky
KenP
got the eye rolling “that’s nice dear.”

I get that a lot.
Yeah, we figured.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 30, 2017 05:02PM

No better place to put this, but Ricky Rahne getting a lot of nice comments as offensive coordinator of Penn State from Fiesta Bowl Announcers.

Story about him here.

Re: Bill Lazor- Coaching in NFL - Rahne
Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2018 11:13AM

TimV
No better place to put this, but Ricky Rahne getting a lot of nice comments as offensive coordinator of Penn State from Fiesta Bowl Announcers.

Story about him here.
Indeed, a lot of shoutouts and shots of him up in the press box.

It gets you thinking, What about the head job at Cornell? Odds are it would be step downward financially.

USA Today lists 114 assistant coaches making $500,000 or more. [sports.usatoday.com]

This PennLive story talks about how major-school assistant coaches leave the nest more often because the bump to head coach at even a less major school is worth significantly more. [www.pennlive.com]

Penn State shields coaching salaries as much as it can for a public institution, arguing in part that private funds underwrite some sports salaries.

Posted by: Ken711 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2018 07:01PM

billhoward
TimV

Story about him here.

It gets you thinking, What about the head job at Cornell? Odds are it would be step downward financially.

USA Today lists 114 assistant coaches making $500,000 or more. [sports.usatoday.com]

This PennLive story talks about how major-school assistant coaches leave the nest more often because the bump to head coach at even a less major school is worth significantly more. [www.pennlive.com]

Penn State shields coaching salaries as much as it can for a public institution, arguing in part that private funds underwrite some sports salaries.

Rahne would never consider Cornell from the position he now currently has, from both a financial and career advancement viewpoint.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 07:03PM by Ken711.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 03, 2018 08:39AM

Ken711
Rahne would never consider Cornell from the position he now currently has, from both a financial and career advancement viewpoint.
We need to recruit more great-athletes-who-make-better-coaches who also have the will to stick with one school. Like Pete Caril, 29 years with Princeton (but only one with his alma mater, Lafayette).

I am so glad I made it to the Cornell Sweet Sixteen game. Hard to know when (if) the next one will be.

Posted by: Swampy (209.234.253.---)
Date: January 04, 2018 02:53AM

billhoward
Ken711
We need to recruit more great-athletes-who-make-better-coaches who also have the will to stick with one school. Like Pete Caril, 29 years with Princeton (but only one with his alma mater, Lafayette).

I am so glad I made it to the Cornell Sweet Sixteen game. Hard to know when (if) the next one will be.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: January 04, 2018 10:10AM

Marv Lewis back with Bengals and so is Lazor.

Posted by: Rita (---.ftmy.qwest.net)
Date: October 14, 2018 06:34PM

Bill Lazor was a guest on Friday 10/12 Moving the Chains on Sirius XM channel 88. If you have the siriusxm app, you can listen to the show on demand. Unfortunately, I only got snippets of the interview.

I was very happy to see Lazor get more touches to WR Tyler Boyd - it certainly helped my fantasy football team.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2020 10:31PM

The Chicago Bears hired Bill Lazor as Offensive Coordinator in January 2020. The team offense, especially the line, has struggled this season with Head Coach Matt Nagy calling the plays. Nagy finally turned play-calling over to Lazor for yesterday's game. Things didn't go any better, but
Chicago Tribune
“It’s not easy your first time,” Nagy said. “Trust me, Bill Lazor’s a competitor. He cares. It was hard on him last night after the game. It’s hard on him this morning. It’s hard on him all night. When you care that much, you want to find answers, you want to fix it.
Nagy said he would meet with players and coaches before the break to figure out how they can try to resurrect the offense — and their playoff hopes — with Lazor still calling the plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2022 11:33PM by David Harding.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 18, 2020 09:05AM

From what I have heard about Lazor it's not his fault. That guy seems like a genuinely intelligent and interesting cat and a good representative of our dear alma mater.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 09:06AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 18, 2020 10:25AM

*looking at the bears engine* well there's your problem. you don't have a quarterback.

Posted by: David Harding (107.77.85.---)
Date: September 24, 2021 11:22PM

Bill Lazor's son is a high school quarterback..[football.dailyherald.com] (I'm hoping you get a few free reads before the paywall blocks you.) The main message is that after having moved so many times he has developed the social skills to adapt to new circumstances.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 25, 2021 01:28PM

Good line. Well, decent line. Journalism shows life.
[Not the Brown] Daily Herald
By his count, Lazor, the son of Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, has moved eight times and lived in eight houses in seven states -- a byproduct of his father's job as an NFL assistant coach. Virginia (Washington Football Team and University of Virginia), Washington state (Seattle Seahawks), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia Eagles), Florida (Miami Dolphins), Ohio (Cincinnati Bengals), New York (sabbatical year for his dad, helped at Penn State) and now the North suburbs the last two seasons, Nolan Lazor likely watches U-Haul's stock price.

Posted by: George64 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 25, 2021 11:25PM

billhoward
By his count, Lazor, the son of Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, has moved eight times and lived in eight houses in seven states -- a byproduct of his father's job as an NFL assistant coach. Virginia (Washington Football Team and University of Virginia), Washington state (Seattle Seahawks), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia Eagles), Florida (Miami Dolphins), Ohio (Cincinnati Bengals), New York (sabbatical year for his dad, helped at Penn State) and now the North suburbs the last two seasons, Nolan Lazor likely watches U-Haul's stock price.

Maybe he’s ready to settle down in Ithaca?

Posted by: French Rage (136.226.49.---)
Date: September 26, 2021 09:42AM

billhoward

Would the company's stock price really have much of an effect on the cost of its services?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: September 26, 2021 12:03PM

NFL assistant coach makes serious money. Almost as much as at Alabama. ‘Course, low cost of living in Ithaca and Lansing.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: April 18, 2022 10:50AM

Ken711
billhoward
TimV

Story about him here.

Rahne extended by ODU: [www.espn.com]

Posted by: Ken711 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 18, 2022 03:12PM

Chris '03
Ken711
billhoward
TimV

Story about him here.

Rahne extended by ODU: [www.espn.com]

Rahne, who had been a longtime James Franklin assistant before leaving for ODU, initially signed a five-year deal worth $750k annually to lead the Monarchs.

Re: Bill Lazor xxx NFL Thursday night
Date: September 16, 2022 04:06PM

NFL doings not worth its own thread unless we also want to discuss the merits of Amazon Prime buying 11 years of NFL streaming rights for $13 billion. Or the Peyton and Eli Manningcast. Or Taylor Rook joining the Thursday night broadcast (her tweet below). Or SNF singer Carrier Underwood having married an NHL player.

/photo/1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login