Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Should He Stay or Should He Go - Lax Coach

Posted by Towerroad 
Should He Stay or Should He Go - Lax Coach
Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 09, 2015 09:39PM

Poll
Should he Stay or Go
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
55 votes were received.
Stay 14

25%
Decide Next Year 22

40%
Go Now 19

35%

Should he stay or go

Re: Should He Stay or Should He Go - Lax Coach
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2015 05:21PM

Alabama fansite called, asked if they could borrow this poll for when Nick Saban loses two games again.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 10, 2015 09:10PM

Which of my action figure collectibles should I offer up on e-bay first?
Tom Brady?
Matt Kerwick?
Mike Schafer?
Kim Jung Un??

thud

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (204.27.156.---)
Date: May 12, 2015 11:53AM

billhoward
Alabama fansite called, asked if they could borrow this poll for when Nick Saban loses two games again.

+1

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 13, 2015 03:09AM

I think he should get another year but there is no comparision with Saban. It doesnt matter what we think anyway, too patient Andy didnt let Bill Courtney go, Kerwick's here for another 5 years either way as long as Andy is still in charge

Posted by: ithacat (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 16, 2015 11:34AM

I must have missed Kerwick's national championships.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 17, 2015 09:32AM

phillysportsfan
I think he should get another year but there is no comparision with Saban. It doesnt matter what we think anyway, too patient Andy didnt let Bill Courtney go, Kerwick's here for another 5 years either way as long as Andy is still in charge
I think you are right. For better or worse (I hope for better but expect worse) the AD can't can the Lax coach as long as he stays on the straight and narrow regardless of his record for 3-5 years. Firing him would be an admission of failure on his part. Kerwick has him by the tender regions.

Posted by: KeithK (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2015 01:12PM

People here are really letting this tough year get to them. I get that the end of the lax season was disappointing. But the team made the NCAA tournament. There is no way the coach will be fired. Nor should he be.

Date: May 17, 2015 02:41PM

Well on the bright side, no Final 4 for Syracuse

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2015 01:00PM

phillysportsfan

To continue the thread drift, I could never understand why people have such negative feelings about other schools. To me it's like the gay marriage idea, how does another school doing well adversely affect your like for your school?

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 18, 2015 02:06PM

Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan

To continue the thread drift, I could never understand why people have such negative feelings about other schools. To me it's like the gay marriage idea, how does another school doing well adversely affect your like for your school?
I generally agree but can we make an exception for Harvard?

Posted by: ugarte (---.177.169.163.IPYX-102276-ZYO.zip.zayo.com)
Date: May 18, 2015 03:45PM

Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan

I ... what? You don't understand rivalries? Tribalism? Schadenfreude?

Posted by: billhoward (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 18, 2015 08:47PM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan
If you can't win, do you wish ill upon those who are most like you? When Yale and Union won in hockey, it said the ECAC wasn't all that bad. If Syracuse and Albany made the final four, it says NYS lax is doing pretty well. Don't you wish for Maryland not Cornell to have the longest string of years without an NCAA title - one of these years, the Terps are going to get lucky in a title game.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2015 10:27PM

billhoward
ugarte
Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan
If you can't win, do you wish ill upon those who are most like you? When Yale and Union won in hockey, it said the ECAC wasn't all that bad. If Syracuse and Albany made the final four, it says NYS lax is doing pretty well. Don't you wish for Maryland not Cornell to have the longest string of years without an NCAA title - one of these years, the Terps are going to get lucky in a title game.
THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE ME

Date: May 19, 2015 12:07AM

I was rooting for Albany. Cant root for Syrcause after that 09 title game. Can't root for any of the teams in the final 4, its like a presidential election, have to pick the team dislike less. In a year this bad for Cornell sports, there is nothing left but to root against someone

Posted by: billhoward (173.245.43.---)
Date: May 19, 2015 01:07AM

phillysportsfan
I was rooting for Albany. Cant root for Syrcause after that 09 title game. Can't root for any of the teams in the final 4, its like a presidential election, have to pick the team dislike less. In a year this bad for Cornell sports, there is nothing left but to root against someone
Maybe root for Denver to make Princeton feel the loss of Bill Tierney even more?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 19, 2015 07:09AM

ugarte
billhoward
ugarte
Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan
THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE ME

But what is?bolt

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.sub-70-210-51.myvzw.com)
Date: May 19, 2015 07:10PM

billhoward
phillysportsfan
Maybe root for Denver to make Princeton feel the loss of Bill Tierney even more?

At least I don't have to root against SyrOCCuse!!
There may be a lax God after all.

flipc

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2015 09:15PM

Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan

My dislike for other schools is not logical but more visceral. So I don't understand it myself. It's not a part of me that I can justify and is fading as I grow older. I enjoy the fact that I don't hate the Chicago Cubs as much as I did in '81. The loss of hatred is a good thing.

How long will it be before I embrace Union and their dopey fans? I hope I live so long.
;-)

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 19, 2015 10:12PM

Hard to not root for Maryland of the remaining teams. Haven't won since the 70's and have run a nice program with a Cornell alum at the helm. Of the other teams, Hopkins is entitled, Tierney is a child, and ND plays an ugly style of lacrosse (not that MD doesn't, but no reason to root for ND).

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: June 14, 2015 05:55AM

Jim Hyla
phillysportsfan

The answer?

If anyone is blocked from this article, send me a PM and I'll copy and paste it for you. I'd love to have the articles in "Motivation and Emotion" and "Journal of Experimental Social Psychology".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login