Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU Lax @ Yale

Posted by upprdeck 
CU Lax @ Yale
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2015 11:52AM

cornell continues its never play at home tour at highly ranked yale today. Weather again an issue. its on FCS today at 12:30. Lax power has it split with mostly its prognosticators taking Yale.

in other news Parnell the younger got hurt at practice this week and will miss the rest of the year after ripping cornell for 6 goals in the game at Virg last week.. too bad

the ivy might not stack up with the ACC but brown does lead the computer polls on laxpower with cornell 4th.

Re: CU Lax @ Yale
Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2015 12:38PM

For the record, I am ridiculously upset that this game is on FCS and therefore not being broadcast on ILDN. It's absurd that we pay for a service to watch these games, and then they get outsourced to a TV channel with no recourse other than listening to the audio stream.

Posted by: hugel (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2015 12:40PM

And those of us with FCS (at least on FIOS in NY) are getting high school basketball right now cuss

Date: March 14, 2015 12:43PM

i am getting not on my directv but music..

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2015 12:46PM

DirecTV only has a logo screen and lame pop music. No joy here either.

Date: March 14, 2015 12:57PM

time for a call to directv..

Posted by: hugel (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2015 01:06PM

Finally have lacrosse after 10 minutes of postgame babble about the Texas hs basketball. Big red up 4-3 10 to play in second

Date: March 14, 2015 01:06PM

its on now

Date: March 14, 2015 01:26PM

cornell controlling play after the start, again needs to keep getting shots on net. the yale goalie keeping it closer as cornell has 2-3 pt blank shots he stopped or they left on the sides of the net.. could easily be 8-4 type game now.

Re: CU Lax @ Yale - C10-4
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2015 02:08PM

Cornell 5-4 at the half, 10-4 start of fourth. The kind of game we hope the hockey team had more of this past year.

Fox Sports Atlantic seems more like Fox Sports light. We are getting a standard DEF feed, the announcers are pro Yale, color person on the field must be a pick up whether announcer from the local cable channel.

Cornell to a penalty, do you know through said it was blatantly obvious. Yale draws a unsportsmanlike conduct a call, the announcer say you have to protect your goalie.

Nice job on face-offs, nice job in goal, Littner and Donovan are clicking.

C12-5. Lintner 4th, cornell 11th will be ESPN Highlight Top 10 - unless they want more hoops long treys
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 02:17PM by billhoward.

Re: CU Lax 14 @ Yale 7
Date: March 14, 2015 07:57PM

Team	1	2	3	4	Total
Cornell	2	3	4	5	14
YALE	3	1	0	3	 7*
(*Yale capitalized is how it reads on [cornellbigred.com]. I just cut and pasted.)

Impressive effort by Cornell after spotting Yale an early lead, tying the game 2-2 halfway through the first, going up 5-4 at at the half, then holding Yale scoreless in the third quarter. First loss for Yale. Be nice if Cornell and Yale at least swap spots in the polls, Yale #7 and Cornell #9.

Dan Lintner's fourth goal was amazing (Cornell went up 11-5). [Placeholder here for video if a clip posts.] Cornell pass batted down in front of Yale cage, two Yale men ("Yale Men"?) fumble the ball, Lintner laid flat on his butt, facing the wrong way, calmly collects and flips the ball behind his back. Probably more spunk and firepower than Knicks under Dolan ownership have shown this decade. The defense did a nice job shutting down Yale and the best Conrad Oberbeck (AA HM last year, 50 points) could manage was 2G-1A. Christian Knight gave up one more goal (7) than he made saves (6), same as Yale's goalie did, but you're going to win most games when you allow only 7.

It's only one game but the season looks bright. So far, blown out by Syracuse to start the season, a furious comeback at Virginia to fall one goal short last week, otherwise wins. Tuesday is the first home game of 2015, 7 p.m. vs. Colgate and on Fox College Sports 1 (not sure if that is the umbrella name for Fox College Sports Atlantic and two others, which gave us today's game in standard def and let's not diss the announcers too much, but it seems they grew up and now live near New Haven, and have formed loyalties.). IIRC, a couple years ago we played our last home game sometime around late March.

It is really nice to know that if you're down in the game and making a comeback, odds are in our favor that we'll win the next faceoff. Dominic Massimilian was 15x25 today.

Am I right that if there's a TV broadcast by no matter how sliver-small-market-share of a TV network, ILDN gets blacked out? You'd think with all the soon-to-be lawyers Cornell turns out, one of them could help the ILDN negotiate rights to carry the broadcast including, if necessary, with the commercials.

Box score: [www.cornellbigred.com]

Posted by: Weder (---.washpost.com)
Date: March 14, 2015 08:57PM

billhoward
Am I right that if there's a TV broadcast by no matter how sliver-small-market-share of a TV network, ILDN gets blacked out? You'd think with all the soon-to-be lawyers Cornell turns out, one of them could help the ILDN negotiate rights to carry the broadcast including, if necessary, with the commercials.

I'm pretty sure that some of the Time Warner Cable Sports hockey broadcasts have been simulcast, but I think that the national networks won't share the broadcast rights.

Date: March 14, 2015 09:26PM

Weder
billhoward
I'm pretty sure that some of the Time Warner Cable Sports hockey broadcasts have been simulcast, but I think that the national networks won't share the broadcast rights.
If they simulcast with the ads, there's more coverage, more reach, more people dying to buy those advertised Medicare-paid knee braces for back pain. The only downside is not knowing how many viewers ... except online, you do know, better than with cable or broadcast. Okay, one downside for the network: You don't tune in a half hour early to see the end of the Texas 2A state HS basketball championship that Brock HS won and you won't see the followng program, which I think for Fox College Sports Atlantic might have been more Texas basketball. (Texas HS basketball on Fox College Sports Atlantic?)

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2015 09:38PM

billhoward
Weder
billhoward
If they simulcast with the ads, there's more coverage, more reach, more people dying to buy those advertised Medicare-paid knee braces for back pain. The only downside is not knowing how many viewers ... except online, you do know, better than with cable or broadcast. Okay, one downside for the network: You don't tune in a half hour early to see the end of the Texas 2A state HS basketball championship that Brock HS won and you won't see the followng program, which I think for Fox College Sports Atlantic might have been more Texas basketball. (Texas HS basketball on Fox College Sports Atlantic?)

Sea rise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login