Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

huge LAX game @ Virginia today

Posted by upprdeck 
huge LAX game @ Virginia today
Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 11:27AM

CU - Virginia is a big game and no mention at all.. cant all be at lynah since no one showed up there last night.

SU handled both so lets see if CU has progressed from game one. Virg is struggling on D we need to take advantage of that
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 11:48AM by upprdeck.

Re: huge LAX game today
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 11:39AM

Virginia moves Cornell game to Blue Turf Field instead of Klockner. Climate-changish weather down there, too. Some

NBC-TV WVIR
Junior attackman James Pannell says, "They're used to playing in some pretty bad conditions where they're from. I think it's going to be a fun game, conditions-wise. It's going to be a good one."

"Our lives have all changed," says head coach Dom Starsia. "All the sudden 25 degrees doesn't feel so bad. It's remarkable, the standard has really changed. This is just another piece of the puzzle. We just have to deal with it, and go from there."
They perhaps didn't notice Cornell has played 3 games indoors and 1 in Dallas (which was in crappy conditions).

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 11:41AM

I will luckily be in attendance today. Virginia's D has actually played fairly well considering they're starting an entirely inexperienced close D (2 freshman and a senior walk-on). That said, that's where we have to attack them, as Virginia themselves have plenty of offensive weapons. Ultimately, I like our chances in this one and think we pull it out by a few.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2015 12:07PM

We really need it for a high value out-of-conference win. I don't know that Colgate and Hofstra will be that good, and Canisius certainly isn't going to help us if we don't win the Ivy AQ. Princeton looked awfully good against Hopkins. Not Jeff. Johns.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 12:19PM

TimV
We really need it for a high value out-of-conference win. I don't know that Colgate and Hofstra will be that good, and Canisius certainly isn't going to help us if we don't win the Ivy AQ. Princeton looked awfully good against Hopkins. Not Jeff. Johns.

Agreed. We definitely need this W going forward more than UVA does

Date: March 07, 2015 01:28PM

old style lax. no D 4-4 in the first.. good thing we are dominating at the X

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2015 01:52PM

UVa getting great goaltending

Date: March 07, 2015 02:39PM

semsox
TimV
Agreed. We definitely need this W going forward more than UVA does
Virginia has a basketball post-season to look forward to.

Re: huge LAX game today - UVa 11-8 now 14-8 4th
Date: March 07, 2015 02:45PM

Since the half (down 8-5), Cornell has managed to stay within 3, but now Cornell needs a couple of unanswered. [edit add] Since Donovan got it to 10-8 deficit early in 4th, UVa ran it to 14-8. 3 of the 4 by James Pannell. In cold weather, you don't want to turn off a diesel engine, so the bus is already warmed up. Ouch.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 03:18PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2015 03:13PM

Nice end of game, final score 15-14.

Date: March 07, 2015 03:14PM

15-14 UVa with less than a minute left -- we won a bunch of faceoffs and converted to make it a nail-biter.

Date: March 07, 2015 03:16PM

crazy game late.. CU forced a faceoff with 30 secs to go and almost won it, losing 15-14.

did Buczek get hurt he hardly did a thing after the first quarter?

Re: huge LAX game today - Va 15-14 MLax
Date: March 07, 2015 03:17PM

Cornell 5 0 2 7 - 14
Virginia 6 2 2 5 - 15

Big Red made it exciting. Got a 6 goal deficit down to 2 with 1:04 to play. To 1 with :34. Virginia won the following faceoff, controlled, end of game..

Matt Donovan was 5G-2A-7pts on 10 shots; 3G in the fourth. Sometimes it seemed like Donovan's goal production fell off against the really good teams. If that was true, no so today.

Virgian's goalie was sharp. Barrett saved 21, allowed 14 (at least we outshot Virginia). Christian Knight saved 10, allowed 15.

James Pannell was 6-1-7 on 8 shots for Virginia.

Very good comeback, but it's still an L. With crappy weather all up and down the East coast, did Virginia have an easier time in early season than northern teams? Unless UVa is another school with a 130-yard turfed field house.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 03:43PM by billhoward.

Date: March 07, 2015 03:39PM

Buczek went down in the 4th quarter and limped off with some assistance. I didn't see it clearly but he was not checked; rather caught his foot or tripped. Lay there for a while, drawing a whistle.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2015 08:19AM

dag14
Buczek went down in the 4th quarter and limped off with some assistance. I didn't see it clearly but he was not checked; rather caught his foot or tripped. Lay there for a while, drawing a whistle.

Yes, the effing carpet goinked him, Donovan, and Huttner. Here's hoping it's nothing lasting.
Great effort even if in a loss. Shame, but when the opposing goalie makes 21 saves?
They won all the stats except the final score. And, Massimilian is a beast at X.
This team is a definite contender.

A real uplifter after a dismal hockey season.

cheer

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 11:01AM

Johnny 5
dag14

Yes, the effing carpet goinked him, Donovan, and Huttner. Here's hoping it's nothing lasting.
Great effort even if in a loss. Shame, but when the opposing goalie makes 21 saves?
They won all the stats except the final score. And, Massimilian is a beast at X.

cheer

We'll only be a real contender if we get some better play on the defensive end of the field.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 11:12AM

scoop85
Johnny 5
dag14

cheer

We'll only be a real contender if we get some better play on the defensive end of the field.

Dunno. We had a 58-34 shot advantage, picked up 11 more ground balls and won 23 of 32 at the X. The Virgins only had a tiny advantage in clears and we had 5 more turnovers. All in all I don't think the D was exactly a disaster.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 10, 2015 12:56PM

like hockey.. you have to get shot son goal. virg actually had better stats vs SU than cornell.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2015 05:32PM

upprdeck
like hockey.. you have to get shot son goal. virg actually had better stats vs SU than cornell.

Yeah, I was thinking just that on the way to work this morning.
Good point.

Oh Rob where are ye now??

help

Posted by: dbilmes (32.218.127.---)
Date: March 14, 2015 09:48AM

The lacrosse team opens its Ivy season at 12:30 today at Yale, which is ranked No. 6, three spots ahead of us. I was going to go to game, but it's raining in CT and will be raining all afternoon, and the idea of spending almost 3 hours sitting or standing in the rain no longer appeals to me. So yes, you can call me a fair weather fan! The game is on Fox College Sports.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2015 12:58PM

dbilmes
The game is on Fox College Sports.

No... no it's not. At end of 1st quarter 3-2 Yale.cussflipdcuss

Re: huge LAX game @ Virginia today
Date: March 14, 2015 01:06PM

just came on..

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2015 01:49PM

I like basketball enough, but it's preposterous for any sport to take 20+ minutes of real time to play the last 2-3 minutes of the game; waiting for that HS hoops game to end was excrutiating. Something's got to be done to reduce time outs and improve the flow of basketball at all levels.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 14, 2015 07:09PM

scoop85
I like basketball enough, but it's preposterous for any sport to take 20+ minutes of real time to play the last 2-3 minutes of the game; waiting for that HS hoops game to end was excrutiating. Something's got to be done to reduce time outs and improve the flow of basketball at all levels.
You could fix this by implementing one change: allow teams to decline penalties/fouls. All of that BS in the last 2 minutes of pretty much every basketball game would immediately disappear.

Date: March 15, 2015 08:55AM

they tried that years ago and it got worse. if you remove the fouls then the incentive to go after the ball even harder goes up . the only way that works is to change the rule so that after so many fouls in some timeframe the team gets 3 shots or 2 shots and the ball.. force teams to play defense down the stretch not just foul.

they should change the rules to 5 fouls to 1-1 8 fouls to 2 shots and 11 fouls to 2 and the ball. remove the aggresive play if they can.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2015 10:35AM

upprdeck
they should change the rules to 5 fouls to 1-1 8 fouls to 2 shots and 11 fouls to 2 and the ball. remove the aggresive play if they can.
How about after 11 fouls automatically award a point plus one shot?

Date: March 15, 2015 12:04PM

they did that too and it didnt help.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2015 08:55PM

scoop85
Some nerds at Sloan said "it should be worse" and a buddy of mine wrote a great response.

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: March 16, 2015 01:18AM

ugarte
scoop85
Some nerds at Sloan said "it should be worse" and a buddy of mine wrote a great response.
That is a great response - hats off to your buddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login