Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell splits BB games with Columbia

Posted by Ken711 
Cornell splits BB games with Columbia
Posted by: Ken711 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 24, 2015 10:30PM

Cornell made up for a home loss to Columbia last week, with a 57-47 win in NYC.

Re: Cornell splits BB games with Columbia
Posted by: HeafDog (209.122.121.---)
Date: January 24, 2015 10:42PM

The defense looked pretty decent, with good pressure and some gargantuan blocks, except for the fact that the first 75% of the game, our rebounding was pathetic. There was one Columbia possession where they got at least three offensive rebounds and reset the offense -- that's four chances at a bucket, for those of you scoring at home.

I also can't help but second-guess Coach Courtney's leaving Shonn Miller in the game during garbage time, in which he got hurt. I mean, he eventually left the court under his own steam, but I don't know if he will miss some playing time. Is it really the case that there was no one on the bench who could have gotten a few minutes' playing time without blowing a double-digit lead?

Anyway, a pretty decisive victory over a team that led at Kentucky at halftime this season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 10:43PM by HeafDog.

Posted by: Ken711 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 24, 2015 10:59PM

HeafDog
The defense looked pretty decent, with good pressure and some gargantuan blocks, except for the fact that the first 75% of the game, our rebounding was pathetic. There was one Columbia possession where they got at least three offensive rebounds and reset the offense -- that's four chances at a bucket, for those of you scoring at home.

I also can't help but second-guess Coach Courtney's leaving Shonn Miller in the game during garbage time, in which he got hurt. I mean, he eventually left the court under his own steam, but I don't know if he will miss some playing time. Is it really the case that there was no one on the bench who could have gotten a few minutes' playing time without blowing a double-digit lead?

Anyway, a pretty decisive victory over a team that led at Kentucky at halftime this season.

I agree, with Miller being a senior, they better be developing players behind him.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 25, 2015 12:28AM

HeafDog

I doubt it, since he came back into the game and threw down an exclamation point dunk for Cornell's last points of the game.

Columbia outrebounded us but they looked like they are probably just a very good rebounding team. That redwood they have at center has hands of stone on offense but he is a very good interior defender and he didn't share rebounds. They were just better on the glass than us. Fortunately Columbia couldn't penetrate worth a damn against our defense, their ball rotation was slow and when they did get an open look they couldn't throw it in the ocean from the shoreline.

I thought we looked good and I was happy to see them close out the game so well.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2015 08:30AM

harvard losing to dartmouth leaves only 1 undefeated team in the ivy all ready..

Posted by: mountainred (---.dr03.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 25, 2015 09:27AM

ugarte
HeafDog

I doubt it, since he came back into the game and threw down an exclamation point dunk for Cornell's last points of the game.

Columbia outrebounded us but they looked like they are probably just a very good rebounding team. That redwood they have at center has hands of stone on offense but he is a very good interior defender and he didn't share rebounds. They were just better on the glass than us. Fortunately Columbia couldn't penetrate worth a damn against our defense, their ball rotation was slow and when they did get an open look they couldn't throw it in the ocean from the shoreline.

I thought we looked good and I was happy to see them close out the game so well.

It was a nice win in what is this team's classic style -- they just don't give up any good looks. Which is critical, because scoring remains difficult. But if they can hold Columbia under 50 twice, they won't need to score much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login