Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs Penn

Posted by Ken711 
Cornell vs Penn
Posted by: Ken711 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 22, 2014 03:11PM

34-18 Penn 7:24 left in the 4th. Looks like 1-9 season record. Cornell had numerous chances in the 3rd quarter with field position, but a stalled drive inside the Penn 25 and a fumble in the endzone ended those chances. Gave up another long TD pass in 3rd as a momentum changer. I think we've bottomed out as a program, no where to go but up... I hope.

Re: Cornell vs Penn (L34-26)
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2014 03:29PM

Final 34-26. Nice try by Cornell. The difference was Cornell's 3 red zone chances with no points including a fumble lost into the end zone.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 03:29PM by billhoward.

Re: Cornell vs Penn
Posted by: ebilmes (---.sub-70-208-77.myvzw.com)
Date: November 22, 2014 06:14PM

We don't have anyone who can kick an extra point?

4 TDs today but only 26 points. (failed 2-pt conversion, missed PAT, blocked PAT, successful 2-pt conversion)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 22, 2014 09:04PM

ebilmes

4 TDs today but only 26 points. (failed 2-pt conversion, missed PAT, blocked PAT, successful 2-pt conversion)
And IIRC the Cornell Sports twitter feed, two failed fourth downs in (theoretical) field goal range because we don't have a kicker.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2014 01:05PM

ugarte
ebilmes

And IIRC the Cornell Sports twitter feed, two failed fourth downs in (theoretical) field goal range because we don't have a kicker.
At some point in the Jay Spiegel era (he the inventor of the NFL kicking tee), Cornell football turned to the sprint football team (Spiegel) and I believe someone from intramurals for kicking help.

Posted by: Chris H82 (130.76.32.---)
Date: November 24, 2014 03:19PM

As a former freshman team kicker in the late 70s, I'd think that would be a spot that could be filled without too much problem. With the growth of youth soccer these days, there are lots of kids with strong legs out there. Can't they recruit someone off the soccer team, a la Steven Hauschka?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 24, 2014 09:05PM

Chris H82
As a former freshman team kicker in the late 70s, I'd think that would be a spot that could be filled without too much problem. With the growth of youth soccer these days, there are lots of kids with strong legs out there. Can't they recruit someone off the soccer team, a la Steven Hauschka?
Soccer and football are the same season. Getting someone to switch from soccer to a really, really awful football team might not be an easy sell. Especially in these days when soccer is sadly no longer a fringe sport in the US.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 25, 2014 11:08AM

KeithK
Chris H82
Soccer and football are the same season. Getting someone to switch from soccer to a really, really awful football team might not be an easy sell. Especially in these days when soccer is sadly no longer a fringe sport in the US.

I for one welcome the coming day when football players start switching to soccer. Imagine for a moment the Seahawks' defensive backfield as the USMNT midfield, playing the Azzurri. I would pay quite a bit to see that, provided I was allowed to come armed.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2014 11:09AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2014 12:57PM

Trotsky
KeithK
Chris H82

I for one welcome the coming day when football players start switching to soccer. Imagine for a moment the Seahawks' defensive backfield as the USMNT midfield, playing the Azzurri. I would pay quite a bit to see that, provided I was allowed to come armed.
They wouldn't be allowed to drape themselves over the opposition quite so liberally if they were playing soccer, though.

(Especially if it was Italy. Can you imagine the diving?)

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.boeing.com)
Date: November 26, 2014 02:52PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
KeithK
Chris H82

They wouldn't be allowed to drape themselves over the opposition quite so liberally if they were playing soccer, though.

(Especially if it was Italy. Can you imagine the diving?)

Having lived there for 6 years, I think that Richard Sherman would be challenged to outdo Matterazzi when it comes to trash talk. And the opportuinites for diving would be amazing - maybe up to this level.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login