Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[Wrestling] Ballot box stuffing: Not Just For Hobey

Posted by ugarte 
[Wrestling] Ballot box stuffing: Not Just For Hobey
Posted by: ugarte (38.96.141.---)
Date: March 28, 2013 10:18AM

The wrestling Heisman/Hobey is called the Hodge. (What is it with these H names?) and WIN magazine is sponsoring a poll that gives fans a chance to vote for the Hodge. You can find the poll on the WIN homepage by scrolling down a little. No registration, no sign in, nothing. Yes, it DOES seem very hackable. That is an observation, not a suggestion.

As it stands now, four time NCAA champion Big Red wrestler Kyle Dake is at over 60% with his closest competitor at ~25%.

Vote, vote, vote. (Even though it is inconceivable that he wouldn't win.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 10:19AM by ugarte.

Re: [Wrestling] Ballot box stuffing: Not Just For Hobey
Date: March 28, 2013 03:49PM

Can't say I'm surprised, but the real ballot box stuffing is going on in Pennsylvania. Since I last posted, Dake has fallen to 57% and Penn State's Ed Ruth has climbed to 32%.

WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR, ED!

Posted by: snert1288 (---.sub-70-192-76.myvzw.com)
Date: March 28, 2013 09:42PM

And now Ruth overtakes Dake, 47% to 45.5%. There is no way Dake doesn't get this award, right?

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2013 08:10AM

snert1288
And now Ruth overtakes Dake, 47% to 45.5%. There is no way Dake doesn't get this award, right?
Penn State reactivated the Save Joe Pa mailing list.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2013 09:07AM

Sorry, but I can't vote in a poll that after you vote alows you to go back and vote again. Well, maybe I can't (won't) vote more than once.:-|

Date: March 29, 2013 11:27AM

snert1288
I would be stunned.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: March 29, 2013 11:44AM

Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2013 11:45AM

Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]
And who were the two assholes who voted for Ruth? Edit: I guess it was the Penn State tribe who voted for Ruth in the public poll, proving that public polls are dumb...especially when one can vote at will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 11:47AM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: mountainred (---.unassigned.ntelos.net)
Date: March 29, 2013 11:56AM

Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]
And who were the two assholes who voted for Ruth? Edit: I guess it was the Penn State tribe who voted for Ruth in the public poll, proving that public polls are dumb...especially when one can vote at will.

Yep, that's how I read the story as well; Dake was unanimous except for the public poll. Maybe the Hodge Committee will see this as evidence that the public poll is a stupid addition, but I doubt it.

Date: March 29, 2013 12:13PM

mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

Yep, that's how I read the story as well; Dake was unanimous except for the public poll. Maybe the Hodge Committee will see this as evidence that the public poll is a stupid addition, but I doubt it.
Yeah, I think they said that the public poll counted for two. A guy who apparently had a vote had suggested that he was going to vote for Steiber but probably changed his mind because COME ON. (Steiber is a great wrestler and is one of two likely winners next year, along with Ruth. But he is also a two-time champion because of a TERRIBLE call in the 2012 finals against Oliver, who should have graduated a 3x champ.)

Posted by: snert1288 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 29, 2013 01:46PM

I would not count out David Taylor for Hodge next year.

Date: March 29, 2013 02:18PM

snert1288
I would not count out David Taylor for Hodge next year.
True - but Ruth would be a legit 3x champ, an injury in the semis his freshman year from going for 4. Steiber will be a less legit 3x champ, but a 3x champ nonetheless. Taylor would be on his second championship. THANKS TO KYLE DAKE! (And Bubba Jenkins.)

Date: March 29, 2013 05:35PM

mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

WIN has revised the article; Ed Ruth got 4 votes, including the two fan votes.

WIN Magazine
(Publisher’s Note: The original March 29 Hodge Trophy release had an error in recording the number of first-place Hodge votes for Penn State’s Ed Ruth. Kyle Dake got 39 of 43 first-place votes. Ruth got the other four, not two as originally released. Of these four first-place votes, two of them were the composite fan votes. Dake’s first-place total of 41 was tabulated before the official fan voting was closed late on Thursday, March 28.)

Date: March 29, 2013 08:05PM

ugarte
mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

WIN Magazine
(Publisher’s Note: The original March 29 Hodge Trophy release had an error in recording the number of first-place Hodge votes for Penn State’s Ed Ruth. Kyle Dake got 39 of 43 first-place votes. Ruth got the other four, not two as originally released. Of these four first-place votes, two of them were the composite fan votes. Dake’s first-place total of 41 was tabulated before the official fan voting was closed late on Thursday, March 28.)
So there WERE two assholes who voted for Ruth.moon

Date: March 29, 2013 08:27PM

Al DeFlorio
ugarte
mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

WIN Magazine
Seton Hall Pirate had said that he was voting for Steiber (apparently bears a grudge against Dake?) but who knows what he did in the end.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 29, 2013 08:57PM

Al DeFlorio
ugarte
mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

WIN Magazine
Relax. The "right" guy one. Don't stress about it.

Date: March 29, 2013 09:05PM

KeithK
Al DeFlorio
ugarte
mountainred
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Dake wins.

[www.cornellbigred.com]

WIN Magazine
Relax. The "right" guy one. Don't stress about it.
I'm not stressed and I don't need to relax. I can't imagine someone allegedly knowledgeable about college wrestling who wouldn't vote for Dake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login