Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Harvard in football

Posted by Ken711 
Cornell at Harvard in football
Posted by: Ken711 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 04, 2012 06:30PM

Going to be a very tough game to win against a talented Harvard team given the injuries Cornell still has. Shane Savage still out, starting safety Laird out, and Bullington the center still questionable for the game, meaning the center snaps could again be a problem as was the case in the Bucknell game.

Re: Cornell at Harvard in football
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 05, 2012 08:52PM

[cornellbigred.com]

The Crimson have won 10 of the last 11 meetings between the teams, with the Big Red's last win coming in 2005. Cornell last won at Harvard Stadium in 2000.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 12:51PM

10 minutes to go and no RedCast audio yet. SSDD.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:20PM

Audio available free from WHRB.

Rough start for Cornell.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:49PM

Jordan 04

Rough start for Cornell.

Thanks.
Down 21-0 in 2nd quarter.
Highlight so far, Harvard student announcer trying to figure out how many yards to go on third down, says "I can't do math."

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:51PM

jkahn
Jordan 04

Rough start for Cornell.

Thanks.
Highlight so far, Harvard student announcer trying to figure out how many yards to go on third down, says "I can't do math."

Bet he still got an A in math class, though.

Nice little turnaround, with a missed Harvard FG and a quick TD drive for the Red. 21-7. Defense is going to need some more holds.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 01:51PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 02:37PM

jkahn
Jordan 04

Rough start for Cornell.

Thanks.

That's new pet peeve of mine. Why is this acceptable? You never hear anybody get a free pass in using poor grammar by saying "Sorry, I can't do English. Ha, ha."

To stay on topic, Redcast has a note up alerting people like me that the football feed for today has been removed due to technical difficulties. One could purchase Harvard video for $10. Thanks, Jordan 04 for the tip about WHRB.

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 04:45PM

Yeh... I paid ten bucks for that and it was awful. Lots of dropouts, silly graphics, repeated buffering pauses, and they never showed anything but successful Harvard offensive plays.:-(

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 04:50PM

TimV
Yeh... I paid ten bucks for that and it was awful. Lots of dropouts, silly graphics, repeated buffering pauses, and they never showed anything but successful Harvard offensive plays.:-(
Ditto, hate to think of the comments if it was Redcast.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 10:51PM

TimV

And worst of all you gave Harvard money.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2012 08:34AM

jtn27
TimV

And worst of all you gave Harvard money.

I doubt Harvard got much of it.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 07, 2012 11:26AM

RichH
jkahn
Jordan 04

Rough start for Cornell.

Thanks.

That's new pet peeve of mine. Why is this acceptable? You never hear anybody get a free pass in using poor grammar by saying "Sorry, I can't do English. Ha, ha."
Really? My pet peeve is pet peeves based on flimsy premises.

I get a pass all the time by saying something like that when I stumble over a phrase. I'm going to guess that the Harvard announcer can do simple arithmetic and was making fun of himself for a temporary brain freeze while he had a million things on his mind from radio production to the uniform numbers of everyone on the Cornell roster.

My other pet peeve is posters on message boards who overreact to friend's postings because maybe he had an extra cup of coffee and a bit more jittery energy than usual.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2012 03:17PM

When the wind is blowing strong in Harvard Stadium (and that's most of the time) there are really two games within the game: the two periods you play with the wind at your back and the two periods Harvard plays with the wind. Game tactics are very different depending on which way you are going. Yesterday Cornell "won" the first game, 13-10, but lost the second, 35-0. In addition to Harvard having more talented players (especially in the offensive and defensive lines), their coaching staff has the wind situation mastered, so it's very difficult to beat them on their turf. Note that 48 of the 58 points scored were at the open--or downwind--end of the Stadium.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 08, 2012 09:59AM

Sarp observation Al.

Considering your Pepe's Pizza delivery from the previous night, were you upwind from the rest of the stadium?nut

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 08, 2012 02:22PM

Seeing Jeff Matthews when he was on - most but not all afternoon - was almost worth the price of admission (for which Harvard charges $25). Matthews is the best player in the league but Harvard looks the best offense. Harvard's bionic-man offensive line (all wear matching knee braces) gave QB Colton Chapple incredible protection on the order of a mid-semester reading period.

For a bit in the second quarter and when it got down to 24-13 in the third, it looked as if Harvard had a chance. But by the fourth quarter all you could do is look over to Bright Center and think about sweeter outcomes there.

Nice weather. Nice turnout by eLynah faithful. Nice sight lines at Harvard stadium with no running track around the field.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login