Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Pannell eligibility approved

Posted by Al DeFlorio 
Pannell eligibility approved
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 04:24PM

[laxmagazine.com]

Re: Pannell eligibility approved
Posted by: Weder (---.americas.hp.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 04:30PM

How Cornell announced the news:

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: August 02, 2012 04:57PM

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 05:06PM

And here: [cornellbigred.com]

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 02, 2012 05:16PM

I think they meant "Rob Pannell's back."

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2012 11:09PM

Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]
They have the link to his one-handed goal at Vail wrong. Should be [laxallstars.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 11:10PM by David Harding.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: August 03, 2012 07:33AM

[exhales]

Excellent!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 03, 2012 08:57AM

Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]

Pannell took an incomplete in his "Introduction to Philosophy" course, since he wasn't able to complete the necessary schoolwork while meeting with doctors and rehabbing. He also would have missed the final exam.

Give me a break.whistle Pants on fire.

Posted by: Redscore (---.mycingular.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 05:49PM

Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]

Pannell took an incomplete in his "Introduction to Philosophy" course, since he wasn't able to complete the necessary schoolwork while meeting with doctors and rehabbing. He also would have missed the final exam.

Oh let's let it go, would we rather have the alternative? But, I agree......

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 05, 2012 12:44PM

The fig leaf is on the on the small side but it seems to cover. If Rob Pannell is happy with this decision then I am happy.

Wooo Hooo

LGR

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 05, 2012 05:20PM

wank
Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]

Oh, c'mon Jim. All those doctor visits and the rehab must have been much more time-consuming than actually playing in games, attending national awards banquets, playing Memorial Day weekend, etc. By comparison, the things Rob would likely have done had he not been injured would have taken a mere fraction of the time he spent dealing with his injury. :-D

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 06, 2012 07:52PM

Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]

I kind of have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, I'm glad he's back. But on the other, I take pride in the fact that Cornell puts academics above athletics unlike many schools. This is clearly a case of athletics above academics.

Posted by: Robb (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: August 06, 2012 08:25PM

jtn27
Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
[laxmagazine.com]

I kind of have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, I'm glad he's back. But on the other, I take pride in the fact that Cornell puts academics above athletics unlike many schools. This is clearly a case of athletics above academics.
I don't see it that way. He'll still take the same courses, do the same amount of work - maybe even more, since it sounds like he's picking up another concentration. His commitment to academics hasn't changed one iota. He's not trading away his academic career in order to play lacrosse - he's trading away one year of his ACTUAL career (assuming he still retires at the same age) in order to play lacrosse.

Posted by: CAS (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2012 09:10PM

I agree with Robb above. Pannell is to be commended. In an era when athletes leave college early to play professionally, Rob is choosing to stay at Cornell, where he'll be taking additional courses as well as playing lacrosse. I'm looking forward to watching #3 this spring.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 06, 2012 11:12PM

CAS
I agree with Robb above. Pannell is to be commended. In an era when athletes leave college early to play professionally, Rob is choosing to stay at Cornell, where he'll be taking additional courses as well as playing lacrosse. I'm looking forward to watching #3 this spring.

Not in lacrosse where pros make peanuts.

I'm mixed on this too. I know we'd all be piling on Princeton if they pulled this with a prize lax star.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: August 07, 2012 07:45AM

Chris '03
CAS

I'm mixed on this too. I know we'd all be piling on Princeton if they pulled this with a prize lax star.

We would. And they'd deserve it. smashfreak

We don't. rolleyes

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 07, 2012 08:10AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Chris '03
CAS

We would. And they'd deserve it. smashfreak

We don't. rolleyes

Of course it would never happen at Haaarrrvard where an A is automatic so not finishing a course is impossible.bang
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 08:10AM by Towerroad.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2012 10:06AM

Chris '03
CAS

Eh. I mean, it's a medical redshirt after a serious injury, that just happenns to be more newsworthy because it was the senior year of the reigning Enners Award winner. It's not like he's being held back strategically to gain a competitive advantage. It's only because the Ivy League's silly redshirt rules don't allow him to play a year as a grad student (nobody would object to Pannell's academic progress if he were getting a masters degree) that they had to do the thing with the incomplete.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2012 01:50PM

Thank you, Al, for a subject line that provides all the info we needed. Everytime there was a burst of traffic on Rob Pannell Status I held my breath thinking it would be that he's transferring or the appeal was shot down. Now, please, let's take care of the unfinished business of the past half decade. It's small comfort to know that Maryland has had a dryer spell than Cornell.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 18, 2012 08:00AM

billhoward
Thank you, Al, for a subject line that provides all the info we needed. Everytime there was a burst of traffic on Rob Pannell Status I held my breath thinking it would be that he's transferring or the appeal was shot down. Now, please, let's take care of the unfinished business of the past half decade. It's small comfort to know that Maryland has had a dryer spell than Cornell.

Yes, the last 30 seconds of the catastrophic SU-CU NCAA championship game will be seared upon my cortex until I go to meet my ancestors.
That incredible debacle might only have been surpassed by a Pannell denial or transfer. Might have been.

Now I can exhale.

drunk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login