Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Men's Basketball 85 Albany 82 OT

Posted by Ben 
Men's Basketball 85 Albany 82 OT
Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: December 17, 2011 01:53PM

The student section is almost empty. I guess everyone has gone home. I'm in the chatroom if anyone else is watching.

Starting: Ferry, Figini, Miller, Wroblewski, Asafo-Adjei
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 08:56AM by Ben.

Re: Men's Basketball vs. Albany
Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2011 04:03PM

OT victory. They made that much harder than necessary considering we had a 5+ lead late.

Posted by: mountainred (---.dr01.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 18, 2011 08:10AM

Considering Cornell only played about 15 minutes of good basketball, I will take the win.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 10:12AM by mountainred.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: December 18, 2011 09:42AM

mountainred
Considering, Cornell only played about 15 minutes of good basketball, I will take the win.
Like I said in the chat, if we play 40 minutes a game like our good stretches last night, then we could win at least one of the tough games on the upcoming road trip. But I'm not confident we'll see that level of consistency.

Not sure whether it will help us (it probably won't), but Illinois lost to UNLV last night in Chicago.

Posted by: mountainred (---.dr01.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 18, 2011 10:39AM

I don't think that's good news from Illinois. Cornell's best chance for the upset was that the game was three days before a rivalry game with Missouri. Webber will most likely have his guys' attention now that they are coming off their first loss. We will pay for any bad stretches like the bad ones versus Albany.

On the bright side, that was the Big Red's 3rd win by 5 points or less. Last year's record in those games: 2-10. I'd like to say that's because the team is maturing and getting mentally tougher, but it may just be luck evening out.

Word is Devin Cherry is set to join the rotation aa soon as he is healthy. Even with the four guard sets Coach C used yesterday, you would have to think that's bad news for John Gray and Max Groebe.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2011 01:18PM

mountainred
I don't think that's good news from Illinois. Cornell's best chance for the upset was that the game was three days before a rivalry game with Missouri. Webber will most likely have his guys' attention now that they are coming off their first loss. We will pay for any bad stretches like the bad ones versus Albany.

On the bright side, that was the Big Red's 3rd win by 5 points or less. Last year's record in those games: 2-10. I'd like to say that's because the team is maturing and getting mentally tougher, but it may just be luck evening out.

Word is Devin Cherry is set to join the rotation aa soon as he is healthy. Even with the four guard sets Coach C used yesterday, you would have to think that's bad news for John Gray and Max Groebe.
Probably luck evening out as over time records in those kind of games end up around .500, but given that we were 2-10 last year, we can keep regressing to the mean for a while.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2011 06:39AM

mountainred

Do you mean Cherry is healthy? Any idea about Groebe and Scelfo, did they get hurt again, though I saw both in street clothes?

I will take the win but we probably should have lost this game after a terrible sloppy first half with lots of bad passes and poor rebounding. Then got lucky that Suero didnt hit that shot at the buzzer, although it never should have gotten to that point when you are up 6pts, 30s left. Would have liked to see Ferry take the 3 at the end given his hot shooting but Wrobo had the open look and despite a rough shooting year hit the game winner. At least this team doesnt quit.

Yes tough to see UNLV beat down Illinois, would have had a small chance that Illinois could overlook us for the Mizzou game. Now I am not expecting too much but still think the team should win at least one of Stony Brook, Penn St, Maryland and possibly 2 if they play well. Illinois and Bucknell will be tough.

Posted by: mountainred (---.unassigned.ntelos.net)
Date: December 19, 2011 11:05AM

phillysportsfan
mountainred

Do you mean Cherry is healthy? Any idea about Groebe and Scelfo, did they get hurt again, though I saw both in street clothes?

I will take the win but we probably should have lost this game after a terrible sloppy first half with lots of bad passes and poor rebounding. Then got lucky that Suero didnt hit that shot at the buzzer, although it never should have gotten to that point when you are up 6pts, 30s left. Would have liked to see Ferry take the 3 at the end given his hot shooting but Wrobo had the open look and despite a rough shooting year hit the game winner. At least this team doesnt quit.

Yes tough to see UNLV beat down Illinois, would have had a small chance that Illinois could overlook us for the Mizzou game. Now I am not expecting too much but still think the team should win at least one of Stony Brook, Penn St, Maryland and possibly 2 if they play well. Illinois and Bucknell will be tough.

I thought I read something, maybe a tweet from Brian D, that Cherry was just about ready to play. Maybe it was wishful thinking. I also think I heard Max was injured in practice last last week during Saturday's broadcast.

I would be elated for the team to go 2-3 over their next five games. I'm setting 1 win as my standard for the road trip and hope they make me look stupdidly pessimistic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login