Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Men's Basketball 71 (screw) BU 66

Posted by mountainred 
Men's Basketball 71 (screw) BU 66
Posted by: mountainred (---.dr01.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 20, 2011 04:07PM

Nice home win and we have two freshman starters. Cancer played 32 minutes (7 pts, 5 Reb, 4 Asts, and 4 rookie TO's). Miller had 10 points and 6 boards over 28 minutes. In the last minute of a one point game, Miller pulled down a huge rebound and Cornell set up a play for Cancer to post-up his man. He hit the finger roll and the Big Red hit 7 of 8 from the line to secure the win. Eitan and Figini combined for 21 points and 8 rebounds.

Re: Men's Basketball 71 (screw) BU 66
Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2011 12:31AM

This was probably a game we lose in the final minutes last year but this year we were able to hold onto the lead. We also would not have won this game last year as we only shot 30% from 3. Hopefully Wrobo will be able to break this shooting slump soon as he has not shot well all year. He is still contributing through assists (he is on pace to break Cornell's all time assist record held by Dale) and clutch free throw shooting but it would be nice to see him start hitting his 3's again.

Next 4 games are very winnable, would be great to go 4-0 before tough 5 straight road games against Bucknell, Illinois, etc

Date: November 21, 2011 08:25AM

I had same thought Philly. Of course, last year's team didn't have Miller or Cancer, and both made plays down the stretch of the "we're not losing this game" variety. A nice attitude to see. And we should mention Eitan's late rebound of Ferry's FT miss which was a very nice job of getting smart position at a critical moment.

Lehigh and Delaware are toss-ups and the first game back after exams is always weird as the guys knock off the rust, so I would take 3-1 before a brutal stretch. Delaware's roster reminds me a little of BU's, some decent post players but the team revolves around one high scoring guard, so we should match-up reasonably well with them.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2011 03:37AM

Unfortunately it sounds like Peck may be done for the season based on some recent Delaney tweets:
"Peck will have another follow-up, but if situation doesn't improve you won't see him back this year."
"Peck had offseason surgery. Apparently there are lingering cartilage issues, and it's not regenerating like surgeon expected."
"Notable from post-game: Courtney says Peck's season is in jeopardy. "Doesn't look too good" for him to come back this year."

At this point I would rather see Peck red shirt this year, come back next year fully healthy with a seasoned Cancer, Miller and Eitan plus some of the big men recruits, Bunce and Harmon.

Posted by: mountainred (---.unassigned.ntelos.net)
Date: November 23, 2011 10:10AM

Disappointing result in Delaware. I couldn't watch the game, but from the box Coach C seems to have established a 7 man rotation: 4 guards, Eitan/Josh in the post and Miller. Unfortunately, the Big Red couldn't shoot (37.5% from the field) and couldn't rebound the missed shots (7 offensive rebounds on 40 missed shots). Not a good combination.

Did anyone watch the game and see how Giddens played? If he could just be a rotation guy by the league games, that would be ahead of schedule and should free up Eitan and Josh.

Posted by: semsox (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2011 11:01AM

mountainred
Disappointing result in Delaware. I couldn't watch the game, but from the box Coach C seems to have established a 7 man rotation: 4 guards, Eitan/Josh in the post and Miller. Unfortunately, the Big Red couldn't shoot (37.5% from the field) and couldn't rebound the missed shots (7 offensive rebounds on 40 missed shots). Not a good combination.

Did anyone watch the game and see how Giddens played? If he could just be a rotation guy by the league games, that would be ahead of schedule and should free up Eitan and Josh.

Giddens got limited time, and the only thing I really remember him doing was having a putback two pointer on an offensive board. He just doesn't have the weight to be a viable option down low though, in my opinion. The roster lists him at 6'9, 192. Eitan looks great when he's out there on the offensive front, but he just can't stay out of foul trouble, which is a problem since Figini refuses to play down low.

The true problem with the team so far, and I feel bad saying it, is Wroblewski's continued horrendous shooting. I'm confident he'll come around eventually, but it's going to be difficult to win any games when your best player is shooting 1-10 from the field. From watching the last two games, I have little doubt that our best line-up right now is Wrobo/Ferry/Cancer/Miller/Eitan. How Coach C chooses to best utilize his bench will be one of the more interesting things to watch as the season progresses.

Date: November 24, 2011 11:04AM

semsox
mountainred

Giddens got limited time, and the only thing I really remember him doing was having a putback two pointer on an offensive board. He just doesn't have the weight to be a viable option down low though, in my opinion. The roster lists him at 6'9, 192. Eitan looks great when he's out there on the offensive front, but he just can't stay out of foul trouble, which is a problem since Figini refuses to play down low.

The true problem with the team so far, and I feel bad saying it, is Wroblewski's continued horrendous shooting. I'm confident he'll come around eventually, but it's going to be difficult to win any games when your best player is shooting 1-10 from the field. From watching the last two games, I have little doubt that our best line-up right now is Wrobo/Ferry/Cancer/Miller/Eitan. How Coach C chooses to best utilize his bench will be one of the more interesting things to watch as the season progresses.

Thanks. I saw Giddens got 6 minutes and had some positive stats. I didn't expect him to play much this season at all for the reason you mentioned, so the minutes suprised me.

Wrobo's shooting is a huge problem. He's at 17% for the season, which I wouldn't have thought possible even if he were trying to miss. That can't keep up, can it?

I think your line-up is the right one, though I'd like to see less of the three guard look. I can't fault Coach C for using it, those are the guys who are earning playing time, but it makes reboudning hard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login