Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lax: NC$$ Championship Weekend

Posted by Rita 
Lax: NC$$ Championship Weekend
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2010 02:39PM

This announcement Just showed up in my email box.
LGR!

Let's Go Red - Final Four
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE
CORNELL MEN'S LACROSSE TEAM!

The Cornell Men's Lacrosse team has advanced to the NCAA Final Four with their win over Army on Sunday at the NCAA Quarterfinals in Stony Brook, NY. This year's Final Four takes place at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Md., May 29-31, 2010.

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

The Athletic Ticket Office will begin accepting online orders from Cornell fans beginning at 4pm ET - Sunday, May 23. Phone and in-person orders (Athletic Ticket Office in Bartels Hall) will be accepted beginning at 10am on Monday, May 24.

ATHLETIC TICKET OFFICE:
607-255-4247 (M-F/10a-5p)

All tickets are lower-level and include all sessions.
Individual sessions tickets are NOT available.

Re: Lax: NC$$ Championship Weekend
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 23, 2010 05:00PM

Rita
This announcement Just showed up in my email box.
LGR!

Let's Go Red - Final Four
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE
CORNELL MEN'S LACROSSE TEAM!

The Cornell Men's Lacrosse team has advanced to the NCAA Final Four with their win over Army on Sunday at the NCAA Quarterfinals in Stony Brook, NY. This year's Final Four takes place at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, Md., May 29-31, 2010.

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

The Athletic Ticket Office will begin accepting online orders from Cornell fans beginning at 4pm ET - Sunday, May 23. Phone and in-person orders (Athletic Ticket Office in Bartels Hall) will be accepted beginning at 10am on Monday, May 24.

ATHLETIC TICKET OFFICE:
607-255-4247 (M-F/10a-5p)

All tickets are lower-level and include all sessions.
Individual sessions tickets are NOT available.

What's the price? It looks as though price can only be viewed if one is logged in.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2010 10:19PM

I want to sit with Cornell people. But sometimes calling the stadium and asking for a Cornell section gets you better seats.

I got a cold call from M&T Stadium 2 weeks ago asking if I wanted to buy tickets.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2010 11:21PM

Jordan 04

What's the price? It looks as though price can only be viewed if one is logged in.
$94/person for semifinals and final.

Posted by: CornellCommodore (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2010 11:37PM

I'm planning to just rely on getting tickets outside the gate prior to the game(s).

Has anyone had any past bad results with this strategy?

Posted by: Weder (144.142.13.---)
Date: May 24, 2010 02:01AM

The last time the championship weekend was in Baltimore, there were plenty of tickets available through the stadium ticket office for the upper deck. Can't remember if you could get tickets in a particular school's section, though.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 02:32AM

Just tried the latest-n-greatest ticket ordering system Athletics has contracted out. Logged in as alumni in order to get the following message: "Tickets not on sale for your user type."

Awesome.

Date: May 24, 2010 02:45AM

LaxPower's bracket has the Cornell-ND game as being the late (6:30 pm) game. Might be a place-holder as every other source still has some form of TBA.

Date: May 24, 2010 05:41AM

RichH
LaxPower's bracket has the Cornell-ND game as being the late (6:30 pm) game. Might be a place-holder as every other source still has some form of TBA.
After the Virginia win yesterday, ESPNU had the Cornell-Notre Dame game slotted for 4pm with the Virginia-Duke game at 6:30. Looking at seedings, the latter would certainly be the 'marquee' game.

Date: May 24, 2010 06:11AM

CornellCommodore
I'm planning to just rely on getting tickets outside the gate prior to the game(s).
We're planning on getting tickets at the gate.

weather.gov says partly cloudy with high of 81 next Saturday in Baltimore.

Posted by: FaithfulForever (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 06:50AM

Which sections are for Cornell? One of my kids and I will be there on Saturday (and hopefully Monday!).

Date: May 24, 2010 10:48AM

RichH
Just tried the latest-n-greatest ticket ordering system Athletics has contracted out. Logged in as alumni in order to get the following message: "Tickets not on sale for your user type." Awesome.
Rich, you didn't do something smart like figure out as an alum how to make NetID work? Because I found if you are of the few alumni who have been able to create a NetID (which is useful) it seems to place you in a netherworld where you can't access student tickets but it somehow doens't want to let you buy general public tickets. By the time I figured out that mistake last week, all the the Cornell tickets were gone online for the Army game. At SB yesterday, 10 minutes asking people waiting to get in netted us three tickets in a sort of Cornell section, at face value.

Cornell is certainly trying to make the fan experience better by adding brand new, not-seen-elsewhere technology such as online ticket sales and webcasts. It remains humbling to see how a bunch of RPI kids who were obviously rejected as not smart enough for Cornell managed to do a webcast with multiple cameras, instant replay, and resolution as good as any IPTV I've seen in Europe.

Others in the Ivies and our league may have a better online experience. We had the team in the sweet sixteen and now have the team in the final four.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 10:51AM by billhoward.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: May 24, 2010 11:00AM

billhoward
RichH
Just tried the latest-n-greatest ticket ordering system Athletics has contracted out. Logged in as alumni in order to get the following message: "Tickets not on sale for your user type." Awesome.
Rich, you didn't do something smart like figure out as an alum how to make NetID work? Because I found if you are of the few alumni who have been able to create a NetID (which is useful) it seems to place you in a netherworld where you can't access student tickets but it somehow doens't want to let you buy general public tickets. By the time I figured out that mistake last week, all the the Cornell tickets were gone online for the Army game. At SB yesterday, 10 minutes asking people waiting to get in netted us three tickets in a sort of Cornell section, at face value.

Cornell is certainly trying to make the fan experience better by adding brand new, not-seen-elsewhere technology such as online ticket sales and webcasts. It remains humbling to see how a bunch of RPI kids who were obviously rejected as not smart enough for Cornell managed to do a webcast with multiple cameras, instant replay, and resolution as good as any IPTV I've seen in Europe.

Others in the Ivies and our league may have a better online experience. We had the team in the sweet sixteen and now have a second sports the team in the final four.

FYP. Like yesterday's ESPNU announcers, you forgot to give appropriate credit to our women's hockey team for making the final four/finals in their championship. twak

Posted by: FaithfulForever (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 11:01AM

I purchased tixx directly through the stadium, (410) 261-7283. I wanted better seats than what you can get from the Cornell tixx office (Cornell ticket office told me they're selling Section 107, which is in the corner). Ticketmaster doesn't have good seats left, and their surcharges are much higher than calling the stadium directly.

I got Section 101, Row 41 for $95/tixx and $10 fee (total of $200 for the two tixx). Apparently these seats are behind the Cornell bench, but up high enough that we'll be able to see well.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 12:48PM

RichH
Just tried the latest-n-greatest ticket ordering system Athletics has contracted out. Logged in as alumni in order to get the following message: "Tickets not on sale for your user type."

Awesome.

Probably has something to do with the Cornell allotment selling out yesterday evening:

[www.cornellbigred.com]

Date: May 24, 2010 12:54PM

Well, this morning, the situation was fixed, as in I could see an order button around 10:15. Unfortunately, I got yanked away for something something job related, so I wasn't able to actually place the order. Now, as of 12:50 ET, they are sold out. The CU athletics release says they sold out around 11 am.

Eh, it's a big stadium. Thanks for the phone # and info, FaithfulForever.

Date: May 24, 2010 12:55PM

mnagowski

Probably has something to do with the Cornell allotment selling out yesterday evening:

[www.cornellbigred.com]

No, quoting that link:

The Cornell University ticket allotment for the 2010 NCAA men’s lacrosse championship weekend is sold out as of Monday morning at 11 a.m.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 12:56PM by RichH.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 02:10PM

RichH
mnagowski

[www.cornellbigred.com]

No, quoting that link:

The Cornell University ticket allotment for the 2010 NCAA men’s lacrosse championship weekend is sold out as of Monday morning at 11 a.m.

Aha. I only got as far as the timestamp, which was 5/23 at 7:23PM

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 24, 2010 02:26PM

The last time we were in Baltimore, I sat in my assigned (upstairs) seat for the first game, then moved downstairs for our game against Duke.

Last year in Foxboro, I never sat in my assigned seat. I simply sat in the Cornell section. Nobody cared.

Date: May 24, 2010 04:50PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
The last time we were in Baltimore, I sat in my assigned (upstairs) seat for the first game, then moved downstairs for our game against Duke.

Last year in Foxboro, I never sat in my assigned seat. I simply sat in the Cornell section. Nobody cared.
Last time in Baltimore, we called for tix Friday and got the first row of the end zone, the perfect place to see that agonizing final Duke goal. You buy tix in the Cornell allotment from Cornell, you get to sit with Cornell people for sure, but you seem to get crappy seats. The same thing has happened for Quinnipiac and Harvard hockey.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (155.247.88.---)
Date: May 24, 2010 05:06PM

RichH
LaxPower's bracket has the Cornell-ND game as being the late (6:30 pm) game.

Looks like laxpower had it wrong. As of late this morning, the bracket at the NCAA's web site has Cornell-Notre Dame as the 4 p.m. game.

[www.ncaa.com]

In the past, we've purchased tickets by phone directly from the Ravens ticket office at M&T Bank Stadium (410-261-7283).

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2010 10:43PM

Was wondering if someone could help me out, I want to go to the game but dont have a ride there. I will pay for your tickets if you can give me a ride from Odenton, MD to the game. Odenton, MD is about a half hour drive from Baltimore, it is half way between Baltimore and Washington DC. PM if interested. Thanks
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2010 10:13PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: May 25, 2010 01:09PM

Along those same lines, if anybody is driving down to Baltimore from NYC, could you PM me? I am still considering between numerous transportation alternatives (renting a car, bus, getting a ride if possible, etc.), so if you have room for 2 in your car, I would very much be interested. My preference would be to go down there Saturday morning, but Friday night is doable as well.

Thanks!

Posted by: mnagowski (---.cluster-g.websense.net)
Date: May 26, 2010 02:15PM

phillysportsfan
Was wondering if someone could help me out, I want to go to the game but dont have a ride there. I will pay for your tickets if you can give me a ride from Odenton, MD to the game. Odenton, MD is about a half hour drive from Baltimore, it is half way between Baltimore and Washington DC. PM if interested. Thanks

If all else fails, why not just ride a bike to BWI and take the light rail?

Date: May 26, 2010 05:22PM

mnagowski
phillysportsfan

I would ride the light rail but it doesnt run on the weekends

Date: May 26, 2010 06:02PM

phillysportsfan
mnagowski
phillysportsfan

Not according to the light rail schedules. On Monday the light rail will run on the holiday schedule: [mta.maryland.gov]

Just called the Maryland Transit Authority to confirm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 06:04PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2010 06:10PM

Odds are between now and then they'll have an outage. Or somebody will jump on the tracks. Or my favorite, the rails will get "too hot." I love the MARC.

Date: May 26, 2010 06:50PM

Al DeFlorio
phillysportsfan
mnagowski
phillysportsfan

Not according to the light rail schedules. On Monday the light rail will run on the holiday schedule: [mta.maryland.gov]

Just called the Maryland Transit Authority to confirm.

Wow I really appreciate the help. Gotta love Cornell alumni. However, the train station in Odenton is for MARC not light rail. Light rail is running on the weekend but the MARC trains do not at least according to here [mta.maryland.gov]

Correct me though if I am wrong as I am not from MD
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 06:51PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: May 26, 2010 07:19PM

Just received an email about this year's Cornell tailgate. Starts at 11:30 and goes until 3:30, and will be held on a private lot a block from the stadium (map on web page below). $10/person this year. Register and pay with credit card here: [secure.www.alumniconnections.com]

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: May 26, 2010 07:42PM

phillysportsfan
mnagowski
phillysportsfan

I took the light rail in '07 and was very impressed. Made the trip much easier.

This year, I'm looking into transit options for getting from the Philly area down to Baltimore. Does anyone driving have room for one more? The public transit options are much bleaker than I expected.

Date: May 26, 2010 08:05PM

Al DeFlorio
Just received an email about this year's Cornell tailgate. Starts at 11:30 and goes until 3:30, and will be held on a private lot a block from the stadium (map on web page below). $10/person this year. Register and pay with credit card here: [secure.www.alumniconnections.com]

Do you have anymore details on what kind of food they will have?

Date: May 26, 2010 08:26PM

phillysportsfan
Al DeFlorio

Do you have anymore details on what kind of food they will have?
All I have is a link to that page. Last year they had really good sandwiches, salads, cookies, pies, soft drinks, water. and likely a lot more that I don't remember. One of the days there may even have been pulled pork. I also don't remember paying last year.

Bill Howard, do you recall more about the food?

Posted by: RichH (---.0051101.lodgenet.net)
Date: May 26, 2010 09:17PM

Al DeFlorio

The official lacrosse tailgates have been impressively done the past 2 years, and I expect the same quality in Baltimore. Usually I would scowl at a new registration & fee, but really, it's for the best. Last week at Stony Brook, it was clear that there were some people not affiliated with CU wandering in for some freebies, and even snagging some BYO stuff lax parents brought in. Some crowd controls are needed so we aren't getting a few hundred Hopkins fans running through the cache of sandwiches. Everyone respected the only rule for the post-game cookout at Stony Brook: Players Eat First.

Posted by: RichH (---.0051101.lodgenet.net)
Date: May 26, 2010 09:32PM

On the special Final Four lacrosse page they set up, Athletics has attempted to tap into the social media the kids are talking about by putting a twitter feed displaying tweets with the #letsgored hashtag. The results include fans chiming in about the University of Nebraska. D'oh.

Edit: went there to get the url, and noticed that the hashtag they specified is #gobigred. Double-D'oh.

[www.alumni.cornell.edu]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 09:39PM by RichH.

Date: May 27, 2010 11:38AM

Al, we went to the SB tailgate for about 45 mins then scooted back inside to watch Virgnia-Stony Brook. Plenty of food and drink including beer (hey, it's a lax tailgate). Nicely done. I think you'll get your $10/pp worth in Baltimore especially if it includes the parking fee (wasn't clear if it does). Except for one thing: Us old alumni, awash in money and trust funds, don't blink at paying $10 a person but I think it's still a barrier to entry for younger alums and students. Maybe it should have been $5 or free or even just a register-in-advance for classes back to '05. I don't believe $10 comes close to covering the cost of the tent and food, so what does it matter if it's $5 or $10?

Yes, I know you've already paid close to $100 for a weekend pass and parking plus tolls and gas and so forth, so it's either a marginal added expense or where you draw the line. I'm still greatful to a class-of-1940-something alum who sponsored me at some Cornell Club dinners when I was broke and just a year or two out of Cornell. Maybe some of us can do the same here or in future situations. I also found that sending your HS son to beg for tix outside Ingalls Rink usually nets tix at $0 if he's wearing a signed Cornell hockey jersey.

I'm getting psyched. I figured we'd put up a good fight agaisnt Syracuse last week and look good in losing by a goal or two. I don't want to look past Notre Dame; don't want it to be an easier-to-spell version of the hockey team's Bemidji State. If Tambroni gets the team into the finals, this should be his COTY year. His previous award should have come the month he signed on Max Seibald.

Date: May 27, 2010 12:00PM

Can tailgate admission be purchase on-site, or is registering in advance required?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 27, 2010 12:47PM

I'm so jealous. I have to go to Korea tomorrow, so I get to miss both our lax weekend but the FLyers first trip to the Cup Finals in 13 years.

Hopefully I can watch online Sunday AM, Korean time.

Re: Lax: NC$$ Championship Weekend - tailgate update
Date: May 27, 2010 01:24PM

Tailgate tix still available as of midday Friday. Cornell tells me the $10/pp buys you food but not parking. In fact you have to park elsewhere; this lot is just for the tailgate. But there are lots adjacent. It's southwest of the stadium by by 1-2 blocks on the other side of 295/129 (Baltimore Washington Parkway)

If you're navigating to the tailgate:

Address - W Ostend Street & Ridgly Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

[www.baltimoreravens.com] - Illustrated map of the site. Tailgate site appears to be near O or N on the map which I believe are parking lots. This is what Cornell is using is emails.

[maps.google.com] - Google map of the site

GPS of W Ostend / Ridgly St - 39.27713174365315, -76.62665605545044

Also, IIRC: The stadium is fine on kids bringing in lax sticks but not on adults bringing in "pro type cameras" which like obscenity they know when they see but can't otherwise define. One bag-checker at Gillette last year thought an 18-55mm looked threatening (to the NCAA's picture resales) b/c it had the lens hood attached. So I put the lens hood back in the bag and kept the 100-400mm on the bottom beneath some towels, sunblock, and a couple baseball caps. Actually, I also recall having no problem 2 years ago at M&T, but then we were behind the end zone mesh, so the photos were a little fuzzy.

Posted by: CHarrison (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 27, 2010 04:38PM

We are going and are thinking about doing the official tailgate. A couple of questions, though, for those of you who went last week: 1) Generally how much was the beer at the cash bar?, 2) Can you bring your own beer to the party?

Date: May 27, 2010 04:55PM

If anyone is seeking a ride from Manhattan or points between Manhattan and Stamford, I'll be renting a car and driving down. Would be happy to have company and provide a lift for those trying to get down to the game.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.att-inc.com)
Date: May 27, 2010 06:27PM

billhoward
Al, we went to the SB tailgate for about 45 mins then scooted back inside to watch Virgnia-Stony Brook. Plenty of food and drink including beer (hey, it's a lax tailgate). Nicely done. I think you'll get your $10/pp worth in Baltimore especially if it includes the parking fee (wasn't clear if it does).
That all sounds good, Bill, but the key question is: Did your son get a whole pie to take home at SB?:-P

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 12:15PM

CHarrison
We are going and are thinking about doing the official tailgate. A couple of questions, though, for those of you who went last week: 1) Generally how much was the beer at the cash bar?, 2) Can you bring your own beer to the party?
The beer I saw last week ... you just reached in an ice chest and grabbed one. This was a lax tailgate, not a WCTU meeting. Look, if it's a cash bar and this is the go/no go decision, I'll buy you your first beer. Look for me in the red shirt.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.att-inc.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 05:36PM

billhoward
CHarrison
The beer I saw last week ... you just reached in an ice chest and grabbed one. This was a lax tailgate, not a WCTU meeting. Look, if it's a cash bar and this is the go/no go decision, I'll buy you your first beer. Look for me in the red shirt.
For me, too?woot

Posted by: CHarrison (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 06:18PM

Thanks- I'll be looking for you. I'll be the one with the wife who looks like we are both tasting freedom for the first time in a long time (b/c my parents are watching the 5 and 4 yr old for the night). So yeah- the beer is kind of important.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 06:58PM

Interesting article in the WSJ about the lax team:

[online.wsj.com]

It talks about the significance of George Boiardi's #21. Inspiring stuff.

Date: May 28, 2010 09:17PM

Link not working for the tailgate registration, and here's why:

"Our Saturday tailgate lot is now filled to capacity. We can't take any new registrations—but we're sure to have a great Cornell crowd in Baltimore!"

[www.alumni.cornell.edu]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login