Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell is a featured segment on MSNBC Countdown tonight

Posted by Trotsky 
Cornell is a featured segment on MSNBC Countdown tonight
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:03PM

Keith from Cornell, etc.

Re: Cornell is a featured segment on MSNBC Countdown tonight
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:07PM

Trotsky
Keith from Cornell, etc.

Thanks. How far into the show? The 10 pm Countdown replay is now airing.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:14PM

And is someone capturing it for YouTube porpoises?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:47PM

"WE OWN THIS TOURNAMENT" upto - Keith

Edit: "Until this weekend" :-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 10:48PM by ajh258.

Date: March 22, 2010 10:47PM

10:45 pm. Oddly enough. :-)

It's a keeper. Very funny and genuinely affectionate.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 11:01PM

Did anyone else catch that Keith suggested that T-shirts be made with Louis Dale's “We’ve got eight seniors on this team, and we want to take this ride as long as we can because after this it’s just nothing but babies and memories, so we’ll just keep going” quote?

Should we send him the link to [www.customink.com]?

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 11:29PM

"Just nothing but babies and memories" is a great 6-word Memoir:
[www.npr.org]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.179.103.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:09AM

Roy 82
[www.npr.org]

It's a quote from the movie "Friday Night Lights" that the team told Dale he had to work into his press conference. Much like Jeff Foote had to deliberately answer a question incorrectly a few days ago. When Dale said it, both Wittman and Wroblewski started cracking up on the podium.

[espn.go.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 07:10AM by pfibiger.

Posted by: finchphil (---.fenwayhealth.org)
Date: March 23, 2010 08:38AM

Countdown video here.

We own this tournament

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 12:42PM

Waiting for a Kentucky counterpoint from Ann Coulter. Or maybe she'll just do a pro-Cornell counterpoint from the real Cornell (A&S) perspective? Couldn't they just get along this week?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 12:46PM by billhoward.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:37PM

billhoward
Waiting for a Kentucky counterpoint from Ann Coulter. Or maybe she'll just do a pro-Cornell counterpoint from the real Cornell (A&S) perspective? Couldn't they just get along this week?
Like I often say: when Keith Olbermann sticks to sports he's great. When he talks Cornell sports I love him.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:43PM

billhoward

She'll root for Kentucky because Kentucky is in a real American God loving part of the country, whereas New York is full of anti-American welfare Muslims.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 23, 2010 01:47PM

pfibiger
Roy 82
[www.npr.org]

It's a quote from the movie "Friday Night Lights" that the team told Dale he had to work into his press conference. Much like Jeff Foote had to deliberately answer a question incorrectly a few days ago. When Dale said it, both Wittman and Wroblewski started cracking up on the podium.

[espn.go.com]

It was a good quote but I am a bit disappointed that it was not an original comment from Dale.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2012 05:41PM

Olbermann fired from CurrentTV. Apparently, he can't play well with others there, either. When someone gets fired from CurrentTV, is there anywhere else to fall? He falls more into the category of embarrassment than distinguished alumnus.

"Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it."

[mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com]

Remarkably, he's being replaced by someone with even better character, Eliot Spitzer.

I think this pretty much sums it up:
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 08:21PM by Ronald '09.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 30, 2012 06:01PM

Ronald '09
Olbermann fired from CurrentTV. Apparently, he can't play well with others there, either. When someone gets fired from CurrentTV, is there anywhere else to fall? He falls more into the category of embarrassment than distinguished alumnus.
For his sake I hope he saved/invested a lot of the millions he's made through the years. Getting another job after this is going to be tough but if he was smart with his money he ought to be financially secure for life.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2012 06:33PM

KeithK
Ronald '09
For his sake I hope he saved/invested a lot of the millions he's made through the years. Getting another job after this is going to be tough but if he was smart with his money he ought to be financially secure for life.

Most could care less whether this boob becomes a bag lady.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 12:12PM

marty
KeithK
Ronald '09

If you actually mean that, just because you disagree with him politically or feel that he has conducted himself in a less than exemplary manner, I feel sorry for you.

My impression is that most people here aren't assholes. I think Anne Coulter is an opportunistic idiot, but I wouldn't wish misfortune on her.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 01:35PM

Beeeej
My impression is that most people here aren't assholes. I think Anne Coulter is an opportunistic idiot, but I wouldn't wish misfortune on her.
If there were any justice in this world, both of them would be flipping burgers for a living.

Date: April 01, 2012 02:44PM

I wouldn't think it needs to be said, but...

please

no

politics.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 11:30PM

Trotsky

please

no

politics.

Trotsky, you speak from experience. smashfreak

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2012 02:16AM

marty
KeithK
Ronald '09

I know that I could. :-D

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2012 10:00AM

Swampy
Trotsky

please

no

politics.

Trotsky, you speak from experience. smashfreak
There is a time and a place for political discussion. The time is when you're supposed to be working, and the place is USCHO Cafe. :)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2012 02:30PM

marty
KeithK
Ronald '09

"Boob Becomes Bag Lady" could be a Weird Al parody of

this.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: April 10, 2012 02:29PM

Beeeej
marty
KeithK
Ronald '09

If you actually mean that, just because you disagree with him politically or feel that he has conducted himself in a less than exemplary manner, I feel sorry for you.

I'd gladly wish for the failure of Mr. Olbermann's preferred policies and for him to lose any chance of influencing the public toward those outcomes. But I don't wish any ill will toward the man himself. He may be a first class jerk (politics aside) but he's never done anything wrong by me personally. (I would hope that I wouldn't wish him misfortune even if he had done something to me personally.)

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: April 18, 2012 05:30PM

Olbermann may have been fired from CurrentTV, but at least he has a fallback: a blog loosely affiliated with MLB.com.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.sub-166-248-29.myvzw.com)
Date: May 03, 2012 11:12AM

It appears Olbermann did have one fan, but he's dead now.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: May 05, 2012 10:27AM

Ronald '09
It appears Olbermann did have one fan, but he's dead now.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Olberman was "fair and neutral" and Fox News was in cooperation with the government? Just goes to show you how little Al Qaeda knows about the American media.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login