Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lax All-Americans

Posted by scoop85 
Lax All-Americans
Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: May 26, 2011 11:11AM

Pannell, Lang and Feeley all make first team and Jason Noble makes HM -- congratulations to them!

Re: Lax All-Americans
Posted by: peterg (---.bgdmlaw.com)
Date: May 27, 2011 09:38AM

Add that Jack Duydley and David Lau have been invited to participate in the 2011 USILA North/South Game.

And add that Rob Pannell has been named USILA Player of the Year and, for the second year in a row, Attackman of the Year.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2011 12:23PM

peterg
Add that Jack Duydley and David Lau have been invited to participate in the 2011 USILA North/South Game.

And add that Rob Pannell has been named USILA Player of the Year and, for the second year in a row, Attackman of the Year.

... so we wait and see how he can get shafted on the Tewaaraton.

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: May 27, 2011 02:05PM

peterg

Anyone know why Feeley isn't playing in the North/South game? I assume he was invited to play.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 02, 2011 09:45PM

billhoward
... so we wait and see how he can get shafted on the Tewaaraton.
He was: [insidelacrosse.com]

Posted by: Ben (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 02, 2011 10:05PM

I'm not too surprised. Hopefully this adds a little more to the fire under Pannell and the team next year.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 04, 2011 05:06PM

Ben
I'm not too surprised. Hopefully this adds a little more to the fire under Pannell and the team next year.
If he doubles his point title will be win? ;)

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 04, 2011 07:46PM

Trotsky
Ben
If he doubles his point title will be win? ;)

If we win the NC, yes. If UVa wins and SS plays an important role, probably not. If neither Cornell nor UVa win the NC, it's a crap shoot between the two of them on one side and the top player on the NC on the other.

Posted by: ben03 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 05, 2011 01:46AM

the right player won the Tewaaraton ... it's awarded for the entirety of the season. Stanwick ended our season and won a NC ... pretty simple - he wins.

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: June 05, 2011 04:18AM

ben03
the right player won the Tewaaraton ... it's awarded for the entirety of the season. Stanwick ended our season and won a NC ... pretty simple - he wins.
This seems like a contradiction - it sounds like you're actually basing your position on a single game (the UVa-Cornell playoff game) rather than the entire season. Over the entire season, it's very clear that Panell had a better year than Stanwick.

Posted by: semsox (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 05, 2011 09:07AM

ben03

Based on past Tewaaraton winners, it's no surprise Stanwick won. The player of the year award that's awarded based on the whole season is the Ray Enners award, Which Pannell won. The Tewaaraton might as well be retitled and given to the NCAA Tournament MVP, which there is no denying Stanwick was.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 05, 2011 10:27AM

Robb
ben03
This seems like a contradiction - it sounds like you're actually basing your position on a single game (the UVa-Cornell playoff game) rather than the entire season. Over the entire season, it's very clear that Panell had a better year than Stanwick.
I think Ben is basing it on Stanwick's play throughout the NCAA tournament, including the head's up matchup against Pannell in the QF. If Stanwick laid an egg in the finals and Maryland took the championship, Pannell may still have won the Tewaaraton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 10:29AM by ugarte.

Posted by: mountainred (---.dr01.chtn.wv.frontiernet.net)
Date: June 05, 2011 10:28AM

ben03

I'm not sure the right person won so much as the predictable person won. Other than the first year, the rule is a Tewaarton finalist on the national champ is going to win the award unless there is a more appealing choice on the national runner-up who loses a very close title game (call it the Seibald exception).

It does render all of the in-season "who is going to win the Tewaaraton" articles/podcasts/debates rather silly and pointless.

Date: June 05, 2011 10:55AM

mountainred
I'm not sure the right person won so much as the predictable person won. Other than the first year, the rule is a Tewaarton finalist on the national champ is going to win the award unless there is a more appealing choice on the national runner-up who loses a very close title game (call it the Seibald exception).

It does render all of the in-season "who is going to win the Tewaaraton" articles/podcasts/debates rather silly and pointless.
Very well put.

I don't think anyone has said Stanwick isn't a deserving winner, but many of us feel Pannell was more deserving based on the entire season's play. The Award is intended to "honor the most outstanding male and female collegiate players" according to their propaganda, not just the NCAA tournament MVP.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2011 02:03PM

ugarte
Robb
ben03
I think Ben is basing it on Stanwick's play throughout the NCAA tournament, including the head's up matchup against Pannell in the QF. If Stanwick laid an egg in the finals and Maryland took the championship, Pannell may still have won the Tewaaraton.
Stanwick's lone point of the title game came on an assist with 5:29 to play. So Stanwick, too, was a non-factor statistically in his final game of the season.

Boxscore: [www.virginiasports.com]

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.72.---)
Date: June 06, 2011 05:04PM

Robb
ben03

Actually, it boils down to a single quarter: the disastrous (for us) second. We outscored UVa the rest of the game.

Posted by: ben03 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 14, 2011 10:33PM

Look .. I wanted Pannell to win as much as the rest of us, trust me.

But Stanwick almost single-handedly put UVA on his back and brought them back against Bucknell (3G/5A), destroyed us head-to-head (3G/4A), had a solid game vs. Denver (3G/2A) and one could say he laid a pretty big egg with (0G/1A) in the Final. On balance it was a two horse race coming into the NCAA and it would be tough to argue UVA didn't play a tougher schedule with Stanwick injured for some of the season plus all the drama et al. Pannell OTOH, was pretty red hot most of the year but couldn't finish out strong. I think if we played another game he wins ... but we didn't.

Date: June 14, 2011 11:15PM

ben03
On balance it was a two horse race coming into the NCAA...
I'd say it was pretty much a given it was a one-horse race coming into the NCAA. Stanwick's NCAA performance--and it was terrific--is what made it a two horse race. Note that three of the four voters in the Inside Lacrosse staff debate chose Pannell as attackman of the year, as did the USILA, and the latter gave Pannell player of the year.

[insidelacrosse.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login