Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tickets

Posted by BigRedFan 
NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tickets
Posted by: BigRedFan (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2011 12:57AM

I live in Florida but follow the Big Red teams closely. I'm planning a trip to Baltimore/New York for a long Memorial Day week-end with my family (wife and 2 boys). I would very much like to attend the Lacrosse Championship week-end games if Cornell is in them. I recall from watching TV for the 2009 championship it appeared that Cornell fans were together on one side and Syracuse on the other.
Does anyone know if blocks of Final 4 tickets are made available to the teams participating so fans rooting for particular teams are all together?
I'm certainly not trying to jinx the Big Red by talking about the Final 4 with so many games left to get there..but the team is playing wonderfully and I have a really good feeling about them. It's difficult for me to travel so far with my family so I'm trying to make it the most memorable that I can...so sitting amongst predominantely Big Red fans is where I want to be if I possibly can. Thanks

Re: NCAA Lacrosse Championship Tickets
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2011 01:38AM

This is my recall and others may want to amplify / correct. Each FF school gets a bloc. You can also order tickets in Cornell sections from the stadium. If Cornell goes, there will be LOTS of Cornell sections. In recent past years, even if the game was declared a sellout or near sellout, there are seats available at gametime, especially for the second game Saturday. And on Monday some losing team fans have already headed out. You could call the athletics ticket office for particulars on the Cornell bloc. Unlike the hockey FF where the event is sold out far in advance, I don't think the participant school bloc of tickets is your only way to see the game.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: April 29, 2011 08:05AM

My experience from Baltimore a few years ago was that all the Hopkins fans left after their game, leaving lots of open seats for the second game (us vs Duke). In Foxboro, I didn't even bother to sit in my own seat. I simply went over near the Cornell block and sat there.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: April 29, 2011 11:16AM

What Jeff said. I really wouldn't worry about it. Lacrosse crowds in football stadiums are... well, better than MLS crowds in football stadiums, but still not anywhere near capacity. Unless Baltimore gets their dream field of Hopkins, Maryland, Navy and UVA, there should be oodles of seats available.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 29, 2011 12:25PM

Yeah last year, I bought a ticket to just the Saturday games ~a few days to a week before the game, I was not in the Cornell section. Your best bet to get in the Cornell section is to get the tickets from the school although I think you have to buy tickets for Saturday and Monday.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 12:25PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: April 29, 2011 01:26PM

Josh '99
What Jeff said. I really wouldn't worry about it. Lacrosse crowds in football stadiums are... well, better than MLS crowds in football stadiums, but still not anywhere near capacity. Unless Baltimore gets their dream field of Hopkins, Maryland, Navy and UVA, there should be oodles of seats available.
Would Navy bring more than Syracuse? Obviously they're closer, but their students (and by extension, friends, family, and alumni) are from all over the country. Just curious.

Date: April 29, 2011 02:04PM

Robb
Josh '99
Would Navy bring more than Syracuse? Obviously they're closer, but their students (and by extension, friends, family, and alumni) are from all over the country. Just curious.
I think Navy gets a lot of local non-student/alumni support in much the same way Hopkins does, we just haven't really seen it because Navy hasn't been in the tournament lately as far as I'm aware. Plus in this case, having the local teams in the tournament would be a great draw for everyone in the area. Maybe you're right about Syracuse though; obviously they have a ton of fans as well.

Date: April 29, 2011 03:53PM

Josh '99
Robb
Josh '99
I think Navy gets a lot of local non-student/alumni support in much the same way Hopkins does, we just haven't really seen it because Navy hasn't been in the tournament lately as far as I'm aware. Plus in this case, having the local teams in the tournament would be a great draw for everyone in the area. Maybe you're right about Syracuse though; obviously they have a ton of fans as well.

Kind of a moot point. This year, the closest the Navy lax team is getting to the field in Baltimore is in the stands.

And without the Brattons, UVa is pretty damn unlikely, too.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 03:54PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:27PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Josh '99
Robb
Josh '99

Kind of a moot point. This year, the closest the Navy lax team is getting to the field in Baltimore is in the stands.

Well right, I was just speaking hypothetically.

Date: April 29, 2011 08:46PM

Josh '99
Jeff Hopkins '82
Josh '99
Robb
Josh '99

Well right, I was just speaking hypothetically.

I know. I was just being snarky.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 30, 2011 10:03PM

Josh '99
Robb
Josh '99
They claimed 14,751 fans watched Syracuse beat Notre Dame this evening. Fourth largest crowd in Carrier Dome history. [blog.syracuse.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login