Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Kevin Boothe

Posted by Ronald '09 
Kevin Boothe
Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 02, 2007 06:13PM

According to the NFL Network, Kevin Boothe is now a member of the New York Football Giants.

That brings a smile to my face.

Re: Kevin Boothe
Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 11:48AM

Nice!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 04, 2007 02:25PM

Listed on the Giants' website too. Couldn't be much worse than the crap we're already putting out there.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 02:29PM

Josh '99
Listed on the Giants' website too. Couldn't be much worse than the crap we're already putting out there.
That's the spirit!

Date: September 04, 2007 02:32PM

ugarte
Josh '99
That's the spirit!
Dude, the Giants are gonna blow. I'm just trying to be realistic. worry

Posted by: vespalove (---.lightlink.com)
Date: September 05, 2007 12:02AM

There's an interview with Kevin Boothe on the Sun's website -- cornellsun.com/redlight.

Posted by: 2 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2007 10:27AM

[/quote]Dude, the Giants are gonna blow. I'm just trying to be realistic. worry[/quote]

There's no way to predict the NFL season anymore. So much depends on schedule, injuries and luck. Last year Giants had toughest schedule, several major injuries, and bad luck (not to mention Tiki's big selfishness).

And for those who think the team is nothing without Tiki, remember that Droughns once rushed for over 1,000 yards on the Browns, and he's our second running back. Brandon Jacobs won't have 2,000 combined yards, but he could be pretty productive.

Posted by: BCrespi (209.191.175.---)
Date: September 05, 2007 10:53AM

Josh '99

Can he start at left tackle? goo... I like Diehl, but as a guard. Should be interesting either way.

Date: September 02, 2008 02:31PM

Reviving an old thread: Kevin Boothe is on the 53-man roster for the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. He's listed on the club's Depth Chart as second string at both left tackle and right guard.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 05, 2008 04:09PM

Josh '99
Reviving an old thread: Kevin Boothe is on the 53-man roster for the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. He's listed on the club's Depth Chart as second string at both left tackle and right guard.

Right tackle Kareem MacKenzie suffered a concussion in the second quarter, and Boothe came in and finished the game at right tackle. His first play in there, he was responsible for a sack and forced fumble but made a great play to recover the fumble.

After that, he seemed to settle in and played pretty well. But this was the Seattle defense he was playing against.

I also found it funny reading the posts made in this thread regarding how people expected the Giants' offensive line to be last season.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 05, 2008 05:23PM

Ronald '09
Josh '99

Right tackle Kareem MacKenzie suffered a concussion in the second quarter, and Boothe came in and finished the game at right tackle. His first play in there, he was responsible for a sack and forced fumble but made a great play to recover the fumble.

After that, he seemed to settle in and played pretty well. But this was the Seattle defense he was playing against.

I also found it funny reading the posts made in this thread regarding how people expected the Giants' offensive line to be last season.
I was at the game today, it was pretty cool seeing Boothe playing in the NFL. Didn't realize until just now that he was the one who recovered that fumble. He took a holding penalty as well but did some good blocking I thought, once I started to focus on him anyway.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2008 08:08PM

So is Boothe still a starter tonight?

If so, O/U on Cornell references from Tony? 2.5?

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: October 13, 2008 09:32PM

Jordan 04
If so, O/U on Cornell references from Tony? 2.5?

I dunno...that turncoat was wearing and bragging about his Penn hat on PTI today.

Date: October 28, 2008 03:29PM

Nice mention of Boothe and Cornell in today's TMQ:
[sports.espn.go.com]

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: October 28, 2008 05:04PM

[sports.espn.go.com]

Interesting, no mention of Brown among the "smart" schools (Giants LB Zach DeOssie is a Brown alum) :-}

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2008 05:08PM

scoop85
[sports.espn.go.com]

Interesting, no mention of Brown among the "smart" schools (Giants LB Zach DeOssie is a Brown alum) :-}
And no mention of George Seifert "failing" at Cornell as well as at Carolina.whistle

Date: October 30, 2008 04:29PM

Both good points.
Should tell the pompous Easterbrook that Seifert was a head coach before SF.

Posted by: ansky629 (---.wireless.umnet.umich.edu)
Date: November 01, 2008 06:29AM

Not to mention that he also miscounted the number of players on the roster from Michigan. Amani Toomer and Mario Manningham both Michigan alum.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2008 01:53PM

Kevin Boothe seems to be taking all the snaps at RT this afternoon, and is helping Big Blue run wild against the #1 rushing D in the league.

Not sure the reason for his presence. Despite his DWI last week, McKenzee was expected to play today, and I haven't heard about an injury.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2008 02:13PM

McKenzie temporarily left the game to have a wrist injury evaluated. As I type this, Giants have the ball after a Raven FG, and McKenzie is back in. Manning sacked. Put Boothe back in!

Date: December 15, 2008 11:10AM

Boothe got a lot of playing time in last night's [omitted because I don't want to talk about it] after Kareem McKenzie was injured. His play was [omitted for the same reason]. I guess he'll start at right tackle next week if McKenzie isn't recovered.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: December 15, 2008 05:28PM

Josh '99
Boothe got a lot of playing time in last night's [omitted because I don't want to talk about it] after Kareem McKenzie was injured. His play was [omitted for the same reason]. I guess he'll start at right tackle next week if McKenzie isn't recovered.

I hear ya :-(

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: December 15, 2008 06:01PM

scoop85
Josh '99

I hear ya :-(

Yeah... My TV set heard some new words last night. cuss

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2008 06:04PM

omitted because I don't want to talk about it]

It could be worse. You could be a Bills fan.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 15, 2008 07:00PM

mnagowski

Oh, I'll happily talk about yesterday's Bills game!

Even if Gang Green badly deserved to lose that one...

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyls.edu)
Date: December 16, 2008 11:21AM

TimV
McKenzie temporarily left the game to have a wrist injury evaluated. As I type this, Giants have the ball after a Raven FG, and McKenzie is back in. Manning sacked. Put Boothe back in!

Boothe was atrocious Sunday night. (There I said it). Since he's already a backup in the league, that does not bode well when you fill in and show you can't hold the fort.

NOTE: The rest of the line had some trouble that night as well, but KB seemed to stand out. Hopefully Coughlin doesn't see it that way.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.crh.noaa.gov)
Date: December 16, 2008 12:53PM

KeithK
mnagowski

Yale alum Dick Jauron needs to can that offensive coordinator for calling a JP Losman rollout on 2nd and 5, when the Jets had yet to prove they could stop Lynch. thud

In other news, Losman does do a great Sage Rosenfels impression.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 16, 2008 01:06PM

oceanst41
KeithK
mnagowski

Yale alum Dick Jauron needs to can that offensive coordinator for calling a JP Losman rollout on 2nd and 5, when the Jets had yet to prove they could stop Lynch. thud
According to news reports, Jauron took "credit" for that play call, saying that he had over ruled his offensive coordinator. Whether that's true or just a head coach protecting his underling I don't know. Either way I am grateful. :-)

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2009 10:49PM

Kevin started and played at least a half for the Jints at right guard tonight aginst Da Bears. Although the O-line had their problems tonight, I thought Kevin had a good game.

He is huuuuuuuuuuuge.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 20, 2009 06:47PM

Here's a fairly long interview with Kevin Boothe in Mouthpiece Sports "New York Giants G Kevin Boothe On Plaxico, Eli, Favre & Making it Big Out of the Ivy League"

Posted by: djk26 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 26, 2009 08:48AM

Here's an article about Giants players razzing each other re: college football. Kevin Boothe is quoted, talking about Cornell and tbe Ivy League,

New York Times article

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login