Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Men's Basketball at Columbia: Cornell Fan Section?

Posted by djk26 
Men's Basketball at Columbia: Cornell Fan Section?
Posted by: djk26 (65.91.169.---)
Date: January 23, 2008 10:35AM

I am going to order 6 tickets for the Cornell game at Columbia this Saturday night. Does anyone know where the visiting fans usually sit, so I can make sure to buy tickets in the correct section?

Thanks, and let's go Red!

Re: Men's Basketball at Columbia: Cornell Fan Section?
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 03:02PM

For all road games, Cornell is given an allotment of tickets by the host school. Usually most of these tickets go to the family members of the team, but there are always a few extra seats held for alumni, current students and others affiliated with Cornell to purchase from Cornell Ticketing. So, if you want to sit in a cluster of Red... purchase the tickets from the Cornell Athletics Ticket Office. Just keep in mind that you might be sitting next to a parent of one of the players!

Having attended every Cornell-Columbia game (in NYC) since the mid 90s, I have noticed that Cornellians can be spotted throughout the Levien Gym. In short, Cornell travels well for this game, lots of Big Red supporters. In the last few (2-3) years, the game was essentially a sell-out, with very few empty seats.

I expect an even higher demand for tix this year.

(If you show up 1 hour before the game, you should be ok purchasing a ticket at the window)

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 03:04PM by CornellFan.

Date: January 23, 2008 05:26PM

Thanks, CornellFan. I was going to go through the Columbia website, but your suggestion is probably better.

I love your blog by the way...I read it often. Too bad about Colin Robinson.

Cornell ticket office does not have tickets for this game
Date: January 24, 2008 11:29AM

FYI, everyone...the Cornell ticket office was not given tickets for this game. You can still order directly from Columbia.

Re: Cornell ticket office does not have tickets for this game
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: January 24, 2008 12:07PM

That is very unusual and will probably make it tougher for Cornellians to cluster together.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2008 12:33PM

Well, I was so busy at my new job this week that I forgot until this morning to try to buy tickets online - and now they're not available. I assume that's only because it's already gameday, and that the game isn't yet sold out... but I'm reluctant to head all the way up there just hoping to buy tickets, and nobody is picking up the phone at the Ticket Office (and there's nothing helpful on the outgoing message like operating hours on game day - hello?!). Anybody either know what's going on, or have two tickets to spare? :-)

ETA: Never mind; the ticket office called me back and assured me the game won't sell out. While I'm not 100% confident in that prediction, I'm okay risking it and showing up right before the game. See y'all there.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2008 12:59PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 01:57PM

Beeeej
Well, I was so busy at my new job this week that I forgot until this morning to try to buy tickets online - and now they're not available. I assume that's only because it's already gameday, and that the game isn't yet sold out... but I'm reluctant to head all the way up there just hoping to buy tickets, and nobody is picking up the phone at the Ticket Office (and there's nothing helpful on the outgoing message like operating hours on game day - hello?!). Anybody either know what's going on, or have two tickets to spare? :-)

ETA: Never mind; the ticket office called me back and assured me the game won't sell out. While I'm not 100% confident in that prediction, I'm okay risking it and showing up right before the game. See y'all there.

The game got a little bit of air time on Mike and the Mad Dog yesterday, as update man Jerry Recco is the Columbia play by play announcer. I believe I heard Chris mention (lord knows how or why he would know) that the game was "sold out...big game for Columbia", but I guess that was wrong. A "must win" game for Columbia, in Russo's opinion.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.c3-0.nwt-ubr2.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 02:07PM

Jordan 04
I believe I heard Chris mention (lord knows how or why he would know) that the game was "sold out...big game for Columbia", but I guess that was wrong.

You heard correctly. Chris also mentioned the game in Ithaca when Recco was doing updates last week.

Date: January 26, 2008 02:52PM

redhair34
Jordan 04
I believe I heard Chris mention (lord knows how or why he would know) that the game was "sold out...big game for Columbia", but I guess that was wrong.

You heard correctly. Chris also mentioned the game in Ithaca when Recco was doing updates last week.

I think I'm going to believe the Ticket Office guy over a sportscaster. He even suggested there was a stash of extra tickets (standing room, I presume) they would release "if by some fluke" it does sell out.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 03:44PM

Guys, while I am not sure, I think they are referring to "chairbacks" reserved seating sections.

Date: January 27, 2008 02:45AM

CornellFan
Guys, while I am not sure, I think they are referring to "chairbacks" reserved seating sections.

That's such a tiny portion of the seating there. Why would anybody ever refer to that as "sold out"?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2008 10:07AM

I went to the game, it was about 95% filled-- maybe room for another 100 or so. Pretty crowded. Good Cornell contingent. I'd say the place was about 25% Cornellians, and the Big Red fans were much louder than the Columbia supporters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login