Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Big Red VIP Tickets database

Posted by David Harding 
Big Red VIP Tickets database
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2008 10:51PM

Got the following e-mail from Athletics today...
Cornell Athletics Ticket Office
Cornell friends and family,

If you were able to join us for the Cornell vs. BU hockey game at Madison Square Garden on November 24th, you know that Cornellians rocked the house! This game was a highly anticipated event, played before a sold-out crowd of 18,200. The pre-game reception itself was sold-out, as well, with over 1,500 Cornell Alumni, students, families and friends in attendance. Your support surely helped make this night a great success. Despite the outcome of the game, it's clear that Big Red spirit is stronger than ever. If you were not able to join us, please check out the pictures on our web site at [www.alumni.cornell.edu]

We are planning to do another event like this in the future. Because of the over-whelming demand for tickets (some being scalped for as much as ten times the face value), we want to make sure you have the opportunity to attend when the next event is announced. We are creating a priority mailing list that will give you upcoming ticket information on other upcoming exciting athletic events including the NCAA Lacrosse, Hockey (Frozen Four) and Basketball Championship tickets. Please provide your contact information on [bigred2.athletics.cornell.edu] if you are interested in being contacted.

We have also included a web link for official Cornell Athletic apparel including the "Red Hot Hockey" logo. You can order any item with your favorite team logo and also receive a free gift with each order at [www.wearyourcolors.com]

Thank you for your support of Cornell University, and we hope to see you again soon!

Go Big Red!

Re: Big Red VIP Tickets database
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: January 11, 2008 01:27PM

Am I the only one that keeps getting a timeout error on submission?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: January 11, 2008 01:36PM

DeltaOne81
Worked for me.

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: January 11, 2008 02:03PM

DeltaOne81

Nope. I had the same problem.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 02:34PM

Does the VIP database secure us guaranteed tickets for future Alvernia basketball games? If so, I want in, even if next year's game is on FoxSports.

; )

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 02:59PM

CornellFan
Does the VIP database secure us guaranteed tickets for future Alvernia basketball games? If so, I want in, even if next year's game is on FoxSports.
Next year we play Elbonia.

Re: Big Red VIP Tickets database - 10X scalping?
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 05:27PM

Am I the only one wondering which events are scalped for "as much as ten times the face value"?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 09:16PM

billhoward
Am I the only one wondering which events are scalped for "as much as ten times the face value"?

They must be referring to prices on Stub Hub, et al, for the MSG game, right? Could they mean just about anything else?

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 09:41PM

DeltaOne81
billhoward

They must be referring to prices on Stub Hub, et al, for the MSG game, right? Could they mean just about anything else?
That's the way I read it. The only antecedent to "this" in

We are planning to do another event like this in the future. Because of the over-whelming demand for tickets (some being scalped for as much as ten times the face value),...
is the the MSG game. And we have documented the high prices asked on Stub Hub. [elf.elynah.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2008 10:28PM

Wonder if anyone really paid those "high prices."

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 12, 2008 11:28AM

10X asked isn't 10X paid. It's possible MSG was a declared sellout and a couple thousand fans came dressed as empty seats. If somebody paid $100-$150 for a Harvard game ticket at Lynah in the last couple years, then you'd have your order of magnitude multiplier.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2008 12:10PM

billhoward
10X asked isn't 10X paid. It's possible MSG was a declared sellout and a couple thousand fans came dressed as empty seats. If somebody paid $100-$150 for a Harvard game ticket at Lynah in the last couple years, then you'd have your order of magnitude multiplier.

Yes, but you asked which events, not if it was really true. I don't disagree with you, but if I were writing a promo email trying to get people to sign up for an advertising list, I'd quote some stat like that too.

Reminds me of the talk on sports radio around here for the Giants/Pats game. They were debating whether Giants fans should go see a historic even (historic no matter who won really) or sell their tickets to plenty of people who were paying pretty high amounts.

They kept quoting an example that some ticket had sold for $1600, and that that was more than most people pay for their whole season tickets. Sure, but the ticket that sold for $1600 was probably a 2nd row, 50 yard line, special-in-seat-food-delivery seat that has a face price of a few hundred bucks, not a $30 nose-bleed. But its a lot more interesting of a discussion to pretend you don't notice the distinction.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 15, 2008 11:05PM

DeltaOne81
billhoward

Yes, but you asked which events, not if it was really true. I don't disagree with you, but if I were writing a promo email trying to get people to sign up for an advertising list, I'd quote some stat like that too.

Reminds me of the talk on sports radio around here for the Giants/Pats game. They were debating whether Giants fans should go see a historic even (historic no matter who won really) or sell their tickets to plenty of people who were paying pretty high amounts.

They kept quoting an example that some ticket had sold for $1600, and that that was more than most people pay for their whole season tickets. Sure, but the ticket that sold for $1600 was probably a 2nd row, 50 yard line, special-in-seat-food-delivery seat that has a face price of a few hundred bucks, not a $30 $75 nose-bleed. But its a lot more interesting of a discussion to pretend you don't notice the distinction.

FYP. I went, and it was a great game to be at, even if the G-men lost. Let's see if we can get to play them again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login