Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell v. Duke Basketball on TV

Posted by mnagowski 
Cornell v. Duke Basketball on TV
Posted by: mnagowski (---.allfirst.com)
Date: December 06, 2007 01:19PM

The Cornell Club of Buffalo is thinking of hosting a viewing party for the Cornell-Duke basketball game in early January. But before we secure a locale to watch the game, I was hoping to get a sense of whether or not the game will actually be shown in our area and what to ask of the bar/restaurant to determine whether viewing the game will actually be possible. Cornellbigred.com claims that the game will be shown on Fox Sports Net, but will it vary by region?

Re: Cornell v. Duke Basketball on TV
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 01:50PM

I do believe it varies by region.

You will have to contact your local cable provider to find out which game FSN is broadcasting that night.

The Cornell-Duke game is the "ACC Game of the Week"

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 08:48PM

CornellFan

You will have to contact your local cable provider to find out which game FSN is broadcasting that night.

I don't think your local cable operator will know or care which FSNs are picking up the game.

I do know that most sports bars, and some non-sports themed bars, have DTV and access to all FSNs.

Date: December 07, 2007 07:59AM

I don't know any other way to find out if a game is on other than (1) contacting the local cable provider or (2) obtaining some type of upcoming programming guide.

FYI--- the Syracuse-Cornell game is televised on ESPN Regional and will be available on Time Warner Central New York Sports (Channel 26).

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 07, 2007 10:21AM

Chris '03
CornellFan

I don't think your local cable operator will know or care which FSNs are picking up the game.

I do know that most sports bars, and some non-sports themed bars, have DTV and access to all FSNs.
And given that we're talking about a Duke game, it probably won't be hard to find one that's showing it/will show it.

Date: December 07, 2007 11:27AM

I think the game will probably be televised in most markets, but just not certain.

Posted by: MOBalum (---.gti.net)
Date: December 07, 2007 01:08PM

About a week before the game, go to tvguide.com or tv.yahoo.com, tell it you have DirecTV, and look in the guide. You can search for sports and the game will show up on all the regional channels that show it. There are some regional networks that are not on DTV, but if they're not on DTV and not on local cable, your sports bar won't get them.

In my experience, this is much more reliable than talking to a person.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2007 08:34PM

Duke-Albany is on ESPN2 now (Monday, 7-9pm EST). Won't be pretty if we play like Albany.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2007 09:33PM

Thanks for all of the help. Now the problem is that the bar of choice doesn't seem to get FoxSports Net...

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 07:50PM

NESN's schedule shows the Cornell-Duke game at 5:30pm on Sunday, January 6.

Posted by: MOBalum (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 30, 2007 01:22PM

DirecTV shows the game will be on FSNY (or maybe it was SNY) and a whole bunch of other regional cable stations. Clearly the Red are a national draw.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.allfirst.com)
Date: January 02, 2008 02:11PM

Yeah. It looks like it will be on FSNY and NESN, but not on any Time Warner package in Upstate New York. And a lot of the bars around here don't seem to get satellite.

This is actually a hockey topic, but since this thread already exists: Oddly, Time Warner cable is saying that Sunday afternoon will feature Cornell v. Clarkson. Do you think this is a tape delay? It doesn't say so...

[www.timewarnercable.com]

I'll give them a call.

Re: Cornell v. Duke Basketball on TV - alternate networks
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2008 02:27PM

If you live in Cambridge, Berkeley, Seattle, or parts of Oregon, also check for the game on the Amnesty International Channel. Me, I'm going to be in Las Vegas for CES and could show my pride in the Big Red by taking Cornell and the points.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 02, 2008 05:09PM

metaezra
Yeah. It looks like it will be on FSNY and NESN, but not on any Time Warner package in Upstate New York. And a lot of the bars around here don't seem to get satellite.

This is actually a hockey topic, but since this thread already exists: Oddly, Time Warner cable is saying that Sunday afternoon will feature Cornell v. Clarkson. Do you think this is a tape delay? It doesn't say so...

[www.timewarnercable.com]

I'll give them a call.
When I checked that link it says Niagara at CU. That's a replay as they are doing Sat's game. ESPNU is showing Clarkson Sun 1/20.

Date: January 02, 2008 05:38PM

You should inquire about Time Warner's "Sports Tier" package, which includes Fox College Sports Atlantic. FCSA is also showing the Cornell-Duke game.

BUFFALO & ITHACA
Date: January 02, 2008 05:45PM

The Cornell-Duke game should be televised in Buffalo, New York on Time Warner on Channel 149 (Fox College Sports Atlantic). If your local cable Time Warner package does not include Channel 149, you can probably purchase it for one month, then cancel.

In Ithaca, the game should be available on Time Warner on Channel 69 (Fox Sports New York) and on channel 235 (Fox College Sports Atlantic).

In NYC the game is also televised on two different channels.

There are very few markets that will not carry this game. This is literally a coast to coast game.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2008 07:45PM

Jim Hyla
When I checked that link it says Niagara at CU. That's a replay as they are doing Sat's game. ESPNU is showing Clarkson Sun 1/20.

Yeah. My bad. I meant Niagara.

CornellFan
The Cornell-Duke game should be televised in Buffalo, New York on Time Warner on Channel 149 (Fox College Sports Atlantic). If your local cable Time Warner package does not include Channel 149, you can probably purchase it for one month, then cancel.

Yeah. That would require an investment in digital cable. Oh well.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 02, 2008 08:00PM

FSN Bay Area is showing the game according to their web site. Not sure whether I want to tune in for the carnage though :-).

Re: Cornell v. Duke Basketball on TV- Lancaster, PA
Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: January 04, 2008 02:08PM

I'll be in Lancaster, PA and it doesn't look like it's on there... anyone know a good bar around there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login