Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

MLax @ Brown roll call

Posted by DeltaOne81 
MLax @ Brown roll call
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 24, 2007 01:42PM

We've had modest discussion of this on game threads, but... Em and I will be there, who else?

On another topic, I emailed Brown about parking and was told the visitor lot is closed on the weekends, and parking in the athletics lot is only allowed with a $7/day visitors pass.

So the only remaining official choice seems to be street parking... but I know I've parked in the athletics lot by Meehan for hockey games before. Is this just an unenforced rule, or was I told incorrectly? Anyone been to a lax game at Brown before and can comment?

Re: MLax @ Brown roll call
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2007 03:35PM

DeltaOne81
We've had modest discussion of this on game threads, but... Em and I will be there, who else?
Donna and I, too.

We've usually parked in the lot by Meehan or on the street. Two years ago, in the rain, we drove into the area beside the lacrosse field from the street just north of Meehan and parked there. Not sure I understand from what you've posted above just which lots will be closed, but street parking is not a bad option. We're planning to get there before noon.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: April 24, 2007 03:59PM

Alas, I will not be at the game as I will be in FL presenting research at a conference.

It's especially annoying since the stadium is a ten minute walk from my house as we moved to Providence last summer.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 24, 2007 04:11PM

Al DeFlorio
Not sure I understand from what you've posted above just which lots will be closed, but street parking is not a bad option. We're planning to get there before noon.

There's only one official visitors lot on the Brown campus, highlighted here:
[brown.edu]

I was told that's closed on the weekend and that all others require a visitor pass. I guess I'll look for street parking, and if its not available, just park in an athletic lot and hope I don't get a ticket, as I never have for Meehan.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2007 06:05PM

DeltaOne81
I was told that's closed on the weekend and that all others require a visitor pass. I guess I'll look for street parking, and if its not available, just park in an athletic lot and hope I don't get a ticket, as I never have for Meehan.
Interesting. I've been parking in the Meehan for hockey, lacrosse, and wrestling for more than 35 years and never gave a second thought to getting a ticket--and have never gotten one.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 24, 2007 06:55PM

Al DeFlorio
DeltaOne81
Interesting. I've been parking in the Meehan for hockey, lacrosse, and wrestling for more than 35 years and never gave a second thought to getting a ticket--and have never gotten one.

Excellent - exactly the kind of testimonial I was looking for. Al, your wisdom and experience comes through again (that's the polite way of saying it, right? ;) )

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! LGR!

Date: April 24, 2007 07:25PM

DeltaOne81
Excellent - exactly the kind of testimonial I was looking for. Al, your wisdom and experience comes through again (that's the polite way of saying it, right? ;) )

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! LGR!
I suppose I should add the following disclaimer: There's always a first time.:-}

One wonders if Brown sees an opportunity here to rake in a few extra $$$ given the presence of a #1-ranked team. Probably wise to get there early.

Latest weather.com outlook says "few showers" and high of 61F.

Date: April 24, 2007 09:07PM

Baltimore Sun article about Cornell's team here: [www.baltimoresun.com]

Interestingly, there are no quotes from anyone at Cornell.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 24, 2007 09:43PM

Al DeFlorio

Tierney
"This year there hasn't been a really dominating team like a Virginia or Hopkins"

Riight.

Posted by: Robb (65.203.56.---)
Date: April 24, 2007 10:01PM

redhair34
Al DeFlorio

Tierney
"This year there hasn't been a really dominating team like a Virginia or Hopkins"

Riight.

Ego, ego... But for a hit post or two, that article might be about how the #1 Duke team has not been all that dominant this year.

Cornell will probably go undefeated for the regular season, but I wouldn't hang that championship banner just yet.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 24, 2007 10:37PM

Robb
redhair34
Al DeFlorio

Tierney

Riight.

Ego, ego... But for a hit post or two, that article might be about how the #1 Duke team has not been all that dominant this year.

Cornell will probably go undefeated for the regular season, but I wouldn't hang that championship banner just yet.

The Virginia and Hopkins teams that went undefeated suffered close calls just like Cornell has so far this year. I'm suggesting that the fact that Tierney doesn't view Cornell as "dominating" is silly. Cornell is dominating when you consider his examples. I never said the team is invincible.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2007 10:38PM by redhair34.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2007 10:46PM

Can't make it, alas; I'll be in DC for my cousin's bat mitzvah.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2007 11:03PM

Made it to Yale, Dartmouth, and I'll be at Brown, too.

I've always used street parking for athletic events at Brown. Never had a problem finding a spot somewhere in the neighborhood.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: April 25, 2007 08:31AM

I'll be there. But no Little Killer - she can't get off work (bummer).

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: April 25, 2007 12:08PM

I'll probably be there. I'll be up in MA visiting my sister and her family for the weekend, but will probably sneak out for the game (weather permitting).

Never been to an event at Brown before. First time for everything.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2007 07:33PM

Is anybody driving down from the Boston area? I might be in search of a ride...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 25, 2007 09:38PM

Does anyone know of any good breakfast places on the way down to Providence (local diners, chains, etc)? I'm coming from metrowest so I'll head down 495 to 95. Breakfast out would be nice, but there are no IHOPs on the way, so I was thinking some place local would be nice, but I dunno how to find a list of excellent local breakfast places :)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 26, 2007 09:01AM

If you get no response here, post a question on Chowhound.com.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 26, 2007 09:22PM

I'll admit I haven't eaten at a lot of places off 495 but I did eat at this place and they did serve breakfast (during the afternoon too, which is always a good thing).

It's called the Golden Spoon in Hopkinton. It's right off 495 as well (Exit 21 towards Hopkinton center). I think you'll be on Main St. and the Golden Spoon should be located on that.

Date: April 27, 2007 07:20PM

Brown Athletics web site says audio available at brownbears.com

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: April 28, 2007 01:34PM

Al DeFlorio

Or not, at least from a Mac. They are a CSTV school, but IIRC, the hockey broadcasts were streamed for free. There is a note that if they are playing on the "turf field", there will not be any audio.

Oh well. At least there are some sure bets in the world like the Detroit Lions being pathetic. Yes, they drafted yet another WR.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2007 01:48PM

Rita
Al DeFlorio

Or not, at least from a Mac. They are a CSTV school, but IIRC, the hockey broadcasts were streamed for free. There is a note that if they are playing on the "turf field", there will not be any audio.

Oh well. At least there are some sure bets in the world like the Detroit Lions being pathetic. Yes, they drafted yet another WR.
Brown Radio:
[broadcastmonsters.com]

I'm listening on a mac.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login