Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Men's Basketball Schedule 2007-08

Posted by mjnets524 
Cornell Men's Basketball Schedule 2007-08
Posted by: mjnets524 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2007 03:09PM

Does anybody know when the schedule will be released or at least the schools who Cornell will be playing out of conference next season? Thanks!

Re: Cornell Men's Basketball Schedule 2007-08
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2007 03:02PM

Maybe Princeton will drop to D-III while it gets its act together?

Still hard to believe a coach goes like 2-12 in the league and gets hired into a better job. Either he's pulled the wool over Princeton's eyes, or the rest of the hoops world thinks 2-12 is better than expected given the talent.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 08:40AM

The schedule is usually not released until the summer. It all depends on how quickly the program can fill its 28 game slate.

Last year, Cornell announced the schedule on August 9th. See last year's release:

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

However, I do recall releases as early as June and July.

Among Ivies, Yale has already announced its schedule, which will include impressive away games at Stanford, UCLA, Kansas, UMass, Holy Cross, Fairfield, Hartford and Longwood. Home games for the Bulldogs are Penn State, Boston University, Vermont, Sacred Heart and Wagner.

Cornell should try to schedule a similarly difficult schedule. Yale is visiting Kansas as a return home for the Holmes brothers (a pair of seniors) and UCLA for senior star Eric Flato- who hails from Southern California.

I'd love to see Cornell get 4-5 teams on the schedule from major BCS conferences.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: April 02, 2007 10:09AM

CornellFan
Cornell should try to schedule a similarly difficult schedule. Yale is visiting Kansas as a return home for the Holmes brothers (a pair of seniors) and UCLA for senior star Eric Flato- who hails from Southern California.
I think this is a great tradition. When I was at Cornell, UNC came to Ithaca when King Rice, from Binghamton, was a senior. (I remain annoyed that the game was over Christmas break.) At the time Binghamton wasn't D-I. I can't say I'm surprised that Dean Smith chose Cornell over Syracuse for that game.

Date: April 02, 2007 12:07PM

Steve Donahue has been great getting the seniors to their hometowns as graduation gifts.

For example, two years ago, Cornell made the trip to Long Beach State so Lenny Collins could play near his home in Orange County. The Big Red also made the trip up to Seattle that same year for Ryan Rourke so he could play in his hometown against the Washington Huskies.

Last year, Cornell went to Iowa for Andrew Naeve.

Next year, the lone senior is Jason Hartford from Tillamook, Oregon. Hopefully Coach Donahue can make the trip either to Eugene (Univ of Oregon) or Corvallis (Oregon State) so J-Hart can play for his family and friends.

If we were to get one of the Oregons, Syracuse and maybe 2 other BCS schools on the schedule-- it would be a nice non-conference slate in prep for the Ivies.

The game I really want is St. John's v. Cornell in MSG. Columbia played that game very recently. That would be a fun game for NYC Cornell alumni. And a game we could win.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 12:45PM

CornellFan
The game I really want is St. John's v. Cornell in MSG. Columbia played that game very recently. That would be a fun game for NYC Cornell alumni. And a game we could win.

How about a Nov. 24th doubleheader?

Date: April 02, 2007 01:00PM

CornellFan
Next year, the lone senior is Jason Hartford from Tillamook, Oregon. Hopefully Coach Donahue can make the trip either to Eugene (Univ of Oregon) or Corvallis (Oregon State) so J-Hart can play for his family and friends.
Portland (WCC) or Portland State (Big Sky) would also presumably be in the mix. Eyeballing googlemaps puts Portland closer to Tillamook than Corvallis (which is itself an hour closer than Eugene).

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 01:01PM

CornellFan
They can also visit one of the world's greatest cheese factories.

Mmmmm... cheese.

Date: April 02, 2007 02:02PM

Jason Hartford's high school team was called "The Cheesemakers"

NO. I am not kidding.

Date: April 02, 2007 02:13PM

I have no problem playing teams like Portland and Portland State. But if Cornell is going to send these kids across the country-- I want to see them playing Pac 10 schools.

One of the reasons why Penn is always better than the rest of the league is their nonconference prep.

Playing 4-5 tough games really gets you ready for the Ivy teams.

Date: April 02, 2007 02:46PM

Thanksgiving weekend? That would work for me.

I remember Penn played St. Johns's during thanksgiving weekend in 1994 at MSG. Penn won the game over a ranked St. John's team which had Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton. Of course, Penn had Matt Maloney and Jerome Allen.

While the schedule release appears to be months away-- I am hopeful the Cornell SID will get his act together and issue a press release on the upcoming team tour of France during May. I want to know which players are going and the health condition of Adam Gore and Jason Hartford.

If Cornell breaks the P curse and wins an Ivy title this year-- Cornell is going to get more media exposure for basketball than it has for every other sport combined for all years combined since 1988.

I remember five years ago SI did a feature story on Yale just because they "threatened" Penn for the NCAA bid. Imagine what they would do if a non-P actually pulled it off and earned a bid.

Date: April 02, 2007 03:33PM

CornellFan
I remember Penn played St. Johns's during thanksgiving weekend in 1994 at MSG. Penn won the game over a ranked St. John's team which had Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton. Of course, Penn had Matt Maloney and Jerome Allen.
I'm pretty sure that was the Christmastime ECAC Holiday Festival. I think Penn won in 1994 and then again in 2003.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 05:20PM

Chris '03
CornellFan

How about a Nov. 24th doubleheader?
Great idea but probably impractical. :-}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login