Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[OT?] Bubble at Harvard

Posted by Chris '03 
[OT?] Bubble at Harvard
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 02:26PM

Anyone else notice the new bubble installed over the new field turf at Harvard stadium? Seems like a brilliant way to create an indoor practice facility for the winter months. Of course, this wouldn't be as practical at Cornell because the bubble would have to come down by late Feb. for lax games so a Dec. 1 through Feb 20 bubble wouldn't be worth the investment, especially when half that time is exams/break. Harvard Stadium is football only as far as I know. I was disappointed to see that Harvard went away from the grass field, but this seems like a great second use that wouldn't be possible on a grass field.

Re: [OT?] Bubble at Harvard
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 05:17PM

Chris '03
Anyone else notice the new bubble installed over the new field turf at Harvard stadium? Seems like a brilliant way to create an indoor practice facility for the winter months. Of course, this wouldn't be as practical at Cornell because the bubble would have to come down by late Feb. for lax games so a Dec. 1 through Feb 20 bubble wouldn't be worth the investment, especially when half that time is exams/break. Harvard Stadium is football only as far as I know. I was disappointed to see that Harvard went away from the grass field, but this seems like a great second use that wouldn't be possible on a grass field.

I saw that. I wonder where Harvard found the money ;)

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 07:45PM

I stepped in before the hockey game to check it out, and the H soccer team was practicing. Very nice. There's a sign by one of the doors that says "maximum capacity: 150" which made me chuckle because of the vast amount of space in there. Probably for fire codes and safety stuff, but still.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: February 25, 2007 09:15PM

what kind of bubble? I think I am failing to comprehend this concept.

Posted by: MINIteam8s (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2007 09:59PM

[www.varsityclub.harvard.edu]

Photos of the new 'bubble' at Harvard Stadium

Posted by: Tugger (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2007 12:36AM

Once the bubble comes down, it looks like lacrosse will be using Harvard Stadium. The men's team has 2 games scheduled at Jordan Field, and the remaining 3 at the stadium.

Also of interest, the MLL Boston Cannons have moved from BU's field to the stadium for the season, beginning in May.

[www.bostoncannons.com]

"We're excited that the Cannons will be making Harvard Stadium their new home," said Bob Scalise, Harvard's Nichols Family Director of Athletics and an All-America lacrosse player as an undergraduate at Brown. "Harvard played a key role in the development of lacrosse in the United States, and we're thrilled to be a part of the continued growth of the sport. We feel that Harvard Stadium is an ideal place to watch top-caliber lacrosse, both at the professional and collegiate level."

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2007 07:54AM

Tugger
Once the bubble comes down, it looks like lacrosse will be using Harvard Stadium. The men's team has 2 games scheduled at Jordan Field, and the remaining 3 at the stadium.

Also of interest, the MLL Boston Cannons have moved from BU's field to the stadium for the season, beginning in May.

[www.bostoncannons.com]

"We're excited that the Cannons will be making Harvard Stadium their new home," said Bob Scalise, Harvard's Nichols Family Director of Athletics and an All-America lacrosse player as an undergraduate at Brown. "Harvard played a key role in the development of lacrosse in the United States, and we're thrilled to be a part of the continued growth of the sport. We feel that Harvard Stadium is an ideal place to watch top-caliber lacrosse, both at the professional and collegiate level."

That's good news. Harvard stadium has fantastic sightlines. Glad they'll be hosting lacrosse there. It'd be a nice site for a lax regional.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2007 09:30AM

Chris '03
That's good news. Harvard stadium has fantastic sightlines. Glad they'll be hosting lacrosse there. It'd be a nice site for a lax regional.

I did rather like the view across the Charles from the lacross field, though...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login