Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Bucky hunt - no, not Wisc.

Posted by Ben Rocky '04 
Bucky hunt - no, not Wisc.
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: September 03, 2006 09:31PM

[www.cnn.com]
[www.nytimes.com]

One local resident, who gave only his first name, Ben, said the troopers will never find Mr. Phillips by relying on road blocks and family arm-twisting. “I could take you down here and show you paths the state police don’t know about,” Ben said. “I’ve got eight empty places near my house. I guarantee you he’s been in three of them.”

Who would actually harbor this ass hole? I am so confused by these flag-waving GOP-voting rural citizens that actually give aid to violent murderers like him or Eric Rudolph, or even sympathize with them. This guy belong in Attica.

Re: Bucky hunt - no, not Wisc.
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2006 01:16AM

Ben Rocky 04
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/03/manhunt.shootings/index.html
[www.nytimes.com]

One local resident, who gave only his first name, Ben, said the troopers will never find Mr. Phillips by relying on road blocks and family arm-twisting. “I could take you down here and show you paths the state police don’t know about,” Ben said. “I’ve got eight empty places near my house. I guarantee you he’s been in three of them.”

Who would actually harbor this ass hole? I am so confused by these flag-waving GOP-voting rural citizens that actually give aid to violent murderers like him or Eric Rudolph, or even sympathize with them. This guy belong in Attica.

Having lived in the rural reaches of good-ol' boy western NY for much of my life, I can tell you that this is a case of "little guy stickin' it to The Man" to these people. The Man who told them they ain't allowed t' smoke in their roadside bars no more. Or drive home after having a couple of belts after the deer hunt. This is The Dukes of Hazzard beatin' that mean ol' Boss Hogg and his incompetent sheriffs.

For you South Park aficionados, this is a real-life version of "Free Hat," where the locals rallied for Hat McCullough, a convicted serial killer of 23 babies. ("He killed them in self defense!";)

Free Hat! Free Hat! Free Hat!

Date: September 04, 2006 01:17AM

multiple post baleeted.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2006 01:20AM by RichH.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2006 04:23PM

RichH
Ben Rocky 04
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/03/manhunt.shootings/index.html
[www.nytimes.com]

Having lived in the rural reaches of good-ol' boy western NY for much of my life, I can tell you that this is a case of "little guy stickin' it to The Man" to these people. The Man who told them they ain't allowed t' smoke in their roadside bars no more. Or drive home after having a couple of belts after the deer hunt. This is The Dukes of Hazzard beatin' that mean ol' Boss Hogg and his incompetent sheriffs.

For you South Park aficionados, this is a real-life version of "Free Hat," where the locals rallied for Hat McCullough, a convicted serial killer of 23 babies. ("He killed them in self defense!";)

Free Hat! Free Hat! Free Hat!

Yeah, that is a lot of it. Although I have to say as the only (?) Chautauqua County representative here that most people at this point have gone past rooting for him for those reasons and are now scared. My mom tells me that there are roadblocks everywhere and it is pretty tense.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 07, 2006 10:53AM

Date: September 09, 2006 01:58AM

It's over.

[news.yahoo.com]

Looks like he'll be transported to Chemung County (Elmira's county, and adjacent to Tompkins) on Saturday for arraignment on an attempted murder charge.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2006 02:01AM by RichH.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2006 02:09PM

[board.uscho.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 10, 2006 04:27PM

Wasn't it James Carville who said that Pennsylvania is "Philadelphia on one end, Pittsburgh on the other, with Alabama in the middle?" Just extend that Alabama north a bit. I blame NASCAR and God.

There are a whole bunch of GOP voters in Central and Western New York that don't run with the hillbilly crowd, though. In fact, growing up in that area gave one a close-up view of the Religious Right's slow-but-sure take over of the Republican party.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2006 04:34PM by Scersk '97.

Date: September 12, 2006 03:08PM

Scersk '97
Wasn't it James Carville who said that Pennsylvania is "Philadelphia on one end, Pittsburgh on the oyher, with Alabama in the middle?" Just extend that Alabama north a bit.

And south. My county in rural Maryland, just south of Gettysburg, makes Tuscaloosa look like Ithaca. Nicest neighbors on the planet, but don't mention the war, Jesus, or football (in ascending order of importance) unless you want a two hour sermon.

I'm the only male within fifty miles who doesn't own a gun. But on the other hand, my wife and I are the only adults within fifty miles who can't rebuild a transmission, blindfolded, using only baling wire and a tire iron.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: September 12, 2006 04:11PM

Trotsky
Scersk '97
Wasn't it James Carville who said that Pennsylvania is "Philadelphia on one end, Pittsburgh on the oyher, with Alabama in the middle?" Just extend that Alabama north a bit.

And south. My county in rural Maryland, just south of Gettysburg, makes Tuscaloosa look like Ithaca. Nicest neighbors on the planet, but don't mention the war, Jesus, or football (in ascending order of importance) unless you want a two hour sermon.

I'm the only male within fifty miles who doesn't own a gun. But on the other hand, my wife and I are the only adults within fifty miles who can't rebuild a transmission, blindfolded, using only baling wire and a tire iron.

Emmittsville? (From someone who made the NoVa to Ithaca commute many a time.)

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: September 13, 2006 12:18PM

French Rage
Emmittsville? (From someone who made the NoVa to Ithaca commute many a time.)

Never heard of Emmittsville, but Emmitsburg is on 15 North about 13 miles from the stop sign which hints at the shadowy existence of my town.

Our days as hicks are numbered, sadly. There is a development going up which is tripling the town population, to about 1200. We got a post office, which is the beginning of the depressing march of government encroachment. The day the first coffee shop opens, we'll sell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login