Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell school schedule / comedy venues in Ithaca?

Posted by ugarte 
Cornell school schedule / comedy venues in Ithaca?
Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 01:01PM

I am probably going to be in Ithaca the week after Labor Day, but one of the factors is whether it is going to be a madhouse. Do upperclassmen report that week? (I don't want to spend my honeymoon (of sorts) amidst the craziness of thousands of students returning to campus.)

Also, if I am going up, I am going to try to schedule a set or two but I am so old I have no idea what places would be receptive to that sort of thing. Ideally, I'd like to do a set at a live music night. I'm going to call the Rongo in T'burg but I'd also like to call someplace in Ithaca proper.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Re: Cornell school schedule / comedy venues in Ithaca?
Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: August 14, 2006 03:02PM

ugarte
I am probably going to be in Ithaca the week after Labor Day, but one of the factors is whether it is going to be a madhouse.

Funny, I'll be there for several days right up until (and including a little bit of) Labor Day.

Anyway, it looks like classes start (for everyone) on Thursday, August 24, so it'll have been a while since the mad rush of families.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 08:43PM

Aafter Labor Day should be fine. This coming weekend is the madhouse. New students arrive Friday.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 14, 2006 11:10PM

Labor Day weekend...popular time to be in Ithaca, I see. I'll be there to help one of the incoming crop of freshman get settled and fed.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 14, 2006 11:43PM

Thanks everyone. So, one question remains. Where, in C'town preferably, do they have live music and/or comedy?

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 15, 2006 12:21AM

I don't know about comedy, but here is information for bands interested in playing at The Nines. [www.theninesithacany.com]

Posted by: L-J (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2006 09:19PM

Well, there aren't any proper comedy venues here. There is an occasional visiting comic at some random place, but not really a part of the popular culture around here, so I hope you can find somewhere that works out for you.

For bands:
In Collegetown- The Nines, as previously mentioned. Don't forget to order the corn nuggets while you're there.
The Chapter House (grad student hangout at the bottom of Williams St. on Seneca St.
Downtown- occasional bands at the Ithaca Ale House, happy hour bands on Friday at Micawbers.

West End- possible happy hour Friday at Boatyard Grill, Sunday nights at Maxies, and most nights at Castaways.

The Haunt also has a lot of live music.

Honeymoon, right? Hope you have a great time! Let us know if you are looking for more suggestions.

L-J
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 09:23PM by L-J.

Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: August 16, 2006 10:50AM

Thanks everyone. If anyone else has ideas, I'm still reading but I hope to set something up.

Posted by: Robb (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: August 24, 2006 12:17PM

Beeeej
ugarte
I am probably going to be in Ithaca the week after Labor Day, but one of the factors is whether it is going to be a madhouse.

Funny, I'll be there for several days right up until (and including a little bit of) Labor Day.

What a coincidence - I'm going to be there, too! What are the odds? :-P

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: August 24, 2006 12:53PM

Robb
Beeeej

What a coincidence - I'm going to be there, too! What are the odds? :-P

Do I know you?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: August 28, 2006 10:10AM

The Gender Studies classes are hilarious... (ducking)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 09:55PM

All set to do the Wednesday open mic at the Rongo - but I crashed my car on Rte. 79 just west of Pine Tree Road (no injuries) earlier that day. *sigh* I was looking forward to it, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login