Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

picture needed - hahvahd fish toss

Posted by Rita 
picture needed - hahvahd fish toss
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: January 26, 2006 03:26PM

not quite [OT], but not quite right for the main forum either. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of lynah rink cornell-hahvahd game after the traditional fish toss that they would be willing to share with me? I have to give a lab meeting presentation on 2/17 and i like to put something fun in my presentations.. i figure after a short 5 minute cornell hockey history lesson (i'll even mention love story), anything i say science-wise will sound great! :-D

thanks!!
rita

Re: picture needed - hahvahd fish toss
Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2006 06:56PM

elynah.com's photography section usually have some really nice pictures of the harvard game.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2006 01:42AM

this is from the 2003-2004 season...pictures taken from our seats in section B.
how we got the fish in....

all the fishes on the ice...

cleanup...

more cleanup...sorry guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2006 01:47AM by Jason L.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: January 27, 2006 05:22PM

Not a picture, but probably a good time to bring this out again:

[amurgsval.org]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 28, 2006 12:52AM

Thank you everyone!!

I'm sure one question I will be asked is how people get the fish in. i recall a thread a few years back about creative ways to smuggle in fish... i believe there was one women who stuck it in her bra..... ah, yes here it is:
[elf.elynah.com]

Becca
My experience has been that they'll search your bag and maybe pat down the sides of your body, but they'll never go anywhere that might get them sued. Last year I snuck in a whole fish, and this year a smallish octopus, both times in my bra, with no problems at all.

and with JasonL's picture, they will now be convinced that the winters in ithaca bring on insanity :-P

Rita

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.19.224.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 09:24PM

Was it Welch who got hit by a fish a few years back? Anyone have a picture of that?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 10:18PM

ebilmes
Was it Welch who got hit by a fish a few years back? Anyone have a picture of that?

I'd rather have a picture of Welch tripping over the blue line, which led to a Cornell goal. Anyone remember the details of that? Who undressed him, and was it a SHG?

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.carlsl01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 10:29PM

RichH
ebilmes

I'd rather have a picture of Welch tripping over the blue line, which led to a Cornell goal. Anyone remember the details of that? Who undressed him, and was it a SHG?

i remembered watching hornby score it after welch fell down, which means it happened on section h's end. so it must've been second period. seems to be this game, rich:
[www.uscho.com]

so yeah, not a shg, but still very amusing for us.

Date: January 31, 2006 01:44AM

well since this is the ot forum ...
The "hahvahd" spelling came in handy with a crossword puzzle I am working on. The theme is a quote with a Boston reference. The end of the quote is "... hahd to pahk my cah in hahvahd yahd". Yes, the "R's" are indeed replaced with "H's" in the puzzle. It is slow going, I usually can only get 5-10 clues done before I fall asleep.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 03:06AM

Jacob 03
RichH
ebilmes

i remembered watching hornby score it after welch fell down, which means it happened on section h's end. so it must've been second period. seems to be this game, rich:
[www.uscho.com]

so yeah, not a shg, but still very amusing for us.

It was amusing for Hornby, too...I remember interviewing him after the game, and he was trying to be as diplomatic as possible about the play:

[Q]Hornby's gamewinner, which was scored at 12:06 of the second, came in unusual fashion, as Welch, a second-round draft pick in the 2001 NHL draft, stumbled and fell backward at his own blue line. Sophomore Mike Iggulden swooped in and picked up the loose puck as Hornby joined him on a 2-on-0. Iggulden fed Hornby with a backhand pass, and Hornby deked past Grumet-Morris with a backhander for the third Red goal of the night.

"The Harvard D-man made an unfortunate mistake there by falling down," chuckled Hornby. "Any time you get a 2-on-0, you try to take advantage of those opportunities."[/Q]
[www.cornellsun.com]

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:48AM

Whoa there. I think you just crossed the line - that's way too much Cornell Hockey talk for JSID. Take it to the main forum!!!

:-}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login