Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

OT: John Spencer :-(

Posted by DeltaOne81 
OT: John Spencer :-(
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 06:50PM

Oh my lord...

[www.cnn.com]

:-/ :`(

Re: OT: John Spencer :-(
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 16, 2005 06:53PM

I'm really going to miss him. The West Wing episode "Bartlet for America", which focused on Leo's alcoholism, is one of my favorites of the series.

Re: OOT: John Spencer :-(
Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 08:27PM

So the place you felt this needed to go was eLF? Really? The eLynah Forum. Usually the [OT] tag means something not related to Cornell Hockey, but they usually can be somewhat germane to Cornell, hockey, Ivy League sports, or maybe Ithaca. But you heard this news about some TV actor dying, and decided the place for this was a thread on the CU hockey board.

Cool. How about some movie reviews? Or what you ate for breakfast? How about the year of a dime you found on the ground yesterday? The last thing I want on this board is the USCHO Cafe.

Sorry, I don't want to be mean about it, but c'mon.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 09:00PM

However indelicately he may have presented his viewpoint, Rich is right. I'm a big West Wing fan, but one can't assume that the eLF is populated with West Wing fans. Basically, you should run your topic by a checklist of sorts before you post:

Does your topic regard:

1) Cornell hockey? Fire away.

2) ECAC hockey? Normally appropriate for this forum, but maybe try USCHO.

3) College hockey in general? More likely appropriate for USCHO.

3) Some other facet of Cornell? Better be important. (Use [OT].)

4) Other hockey, e.g., the NHL, juniors, or world cup? Better be important. (Use [OT].)

5) Something other than hockey or Cornell? Go somewhere else.

I suggest you head over to [forums.televisionwithoutpity.com] where John Spencer's death is being discussed and mourned at length.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2005 09:05PM by Scersk '97.

Date: December 16, 2005 09:14PM

Hey, we've discussed all sorts of things on here. This is a community. If you don't care, don't read or don't respond. I'm a big fan, I was shocked by it, and I thought some people might want to know and share their thoughts.

We're discussed all sorts of incredibly OT things on here. I page back there's a discussion on satellite radio. VoIP questions have been asked without rebuke. There was an "extremely OT: chuck norris facts". Sometimes we share things that are funny, or things that effect us. Or whatever went. I marked it appropriately and I don't think you could be more wrong. At the very least I think I deserve an apology for the incredibly uncalled for rude, nasty response.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 11:03PM

He marked it OT. If you don't like the topic line, don't read the thread. It's not that difficult, folks.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 01:37AM

A great actor, I am sad to see him pass. :-/

As for Scersk '97 and RichH: this is not your personal forum.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 01:54AM

How about cricket? :-P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 05:15AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
At the very least I think I deserve an apology for the incredibly uncalled for rude, nasty response.[/q]
The apology is included in my original post.

[Q]We're discussed all sorts of incredibly OT things on here. I page back there's a discussion on satellite radio. VoIP questions have been asked without rebuke. There was an "extremely OT: chuck norris facts". Sometimes we share things that are funny, or things that effect us. Or whatever went. I marked it appropriately and I don't think you could be more wrong. [/Q]
Well, I think I'm right. I have the right to my opinion, and I've expressed it. Yes, I was snarky about it, and that's what my prior apology covered. The other topics you've mentioned have bothered me as well, but your thread just happened to push me over the edge to finally say something...unlucky for you. What I have said is just that: an opinion. If my opinion really hurts you that much personally, I suggest you grow some thicker skin.

For the record: I am ridiculously against having any kind of eLynah Forum censor or "topic police." The only time I ever would like Age to delete posts/threads or have any kind of censorship is when this site is spammed or harassed to the detriment of the forum itself. DeltaOne81, you have certainly added many many MANY positive opinions relating to Cornell hockey to this forum, and I hope you continue to do so. Heck, I know I've met you personally, and have enjoyed chatting with you on the IRC channel. I just happen to disagree that discussions SO "off-topic" really belong here. There have been hundreds/thousands of "off-topic" asides within topical threads...lord knows I've contributed mightily to "thread drift." But I just couldn't see the point of starting this particular thread in this forum. If this is an unpopular opinion, so be it. I'll just lose an argument, and I'm mentally sturdy enough for that.

[Q]Hey, we've discussed all sorts of things on here. This is a community. If you don't care, don't read or don't respond. I'm a big fan, I was shocked by it, and I thought some people might want to know and share their thoughts.[/Q]
First, you're absolutely correct that I don't have to read or respond to anything I happen to think is irrelevant. I can't possibly argue that point successfully. This is an open forum, and people can and will post anything anonymously, and I support that right 100%.

But my point is that I come here for discussion about Cornell Hockey. I can get other news/discussion in countless other places on the web. If you want to conduct commentary and discussion about other things, you could create a blog. You could direct your friends here to that blog using your signature. There's a reason I don't go to the USCHO Cafe, and I don't care about what's in the HG-YBI areas. I go to the D-I USCHO Forum every so often, and I know what to expect there. Yet I've always preferred Kyle's old CHDF and now Age's eLF because the talk here stayed topical, intelligent, and there hasn't been this exclusive-community feel where "newbies" were insulted constantly and inside jokes were thrown about all the time. That's the danger of valuing the "community" over the content: the exclusivity. It's what has been hinted at by Sun writers, Tulane externs, and posters with the handle "Facetimer."

For all I care, someone could populate this forum with threads discussing Winnie the Pooh's favorite digital camera brand, or Tony Blair's preferred scone recipe. And they could label them all OT. That's great. I'll just lose interest in coming here and find some other means of tickling my CU hockey obsession. Heck...I'll say it: Age could create a "Cafe" forum here for such things. I'd even participate in it, most likely. But when the reality happened to deviate from the expectation, I decided to say something. Vilify me for it if you will, but that's how I feel. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Minority, maybe. But alone, no.

Heck, I'll reveal that I'm a "West Wing" fan myself. I liked John Spencer and his work a great deal. I was effected even more by the deaths of Ray Charles and Richard Pryor. But did I come to say that to my friends on eLF?

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
RichH: this is not your personal forum.[/Q]
Fair enough. I don't think I'm demanding or even suggesting it to be. But nor is it anyone's personal blog space.

I'll finish this much-too-long billhoward-esque post defending my position with the following parallel: How many times here on this very forum have people complained about the hated "facetimers" in Lynah turning around from the action and talking about upcoming parties, who is hooking up with whom, and what he/she said to her/him? Well, if this is e-Lynah, then I'm complaining about that exact same thing e-happening. That's all.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 06:18PM

Firstly, Spencer played the running mate of Cornellian Jimmy Smits.

Secondly....

But my point is that I come here for discussion about Cornell Hockey.

that must explain the posts on bases-loaded walks and Fernando Tatis, Conan O'Brien's commencement speech, New York State alcohol laws, the Yankees/Red Sox baseball rivalry, the chances of the Eagles beating the Patriots, the trade of Eric Lindros, etc.

Many of us, Rich included, occasionally post on things here that are completely unrelated to the normal fare of eLF. We all concurrently understand the board's main purpose: to talk about Cornell hockey, and on the fringes, to discuss other Cornell sports, etc., as Rich outlined in his original post. But lastly, we realize that OT talk should be kept to a minimum, and that occasional interjections -- whether it's Rich wishing to do so re: Red Sox/Yanks or Fred re: John Spencer -- won't ruin the eLF.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2005 06:20PM by Jordan 04.

Date: December 17, 2005 09:00PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:
that must explain the posts on bases-loaded walks and Fernando Tatis, Conan O'Brien's commencement speech, New York State alcohol laws, the Yankees/Red Sox baseball rivalry, the chances of the Eagles beating the Patriots, the trade of Eric Lindros, etc.[/Q]
[Q]RichH Wrote:
There have been hundreds/thousands of "off-topic" asides within topical threads...lord knows I've contributed mightily to "thread drift." But I just couldn't see the point of starting this particular thread in this forum.[/Q]
Off-topic threads, not individual posts, are under scrutiny here. Rich isn't arguing against inevitable thread drift, but against discussions that are completely, from beginning to end, off-topic.

And, Ben Rocky 04, pardon me for trying to give the discussion a more rational edge. Call the ACLU and rat on me for trying to curtail your unfettered discourse.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 09:12PM

The posts were on threads that were dedicated OT threads. Seems to me like responding would be an endorsement of said threads.

Anyway, this is stupid. Going to watch football. Tiki for President.

Date: December 17, 2005 09:15PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:
The posts were on threads that were dedicated OT threads.
[/Q]
I'm not willing to do that much research into Rich's posting history, so you may be right.
[Q]
Anyway, this is stupid.
[/q]
Perhaps, but that's a little off-topic... :)

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 10:25PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

Tiki for President.[/q]

I'm just getting back from the game, and Amen to that! Hey, you think Tiki could be elected President on West Wing? (full circle)

Date: December 17, 2005 10:46PM

While it must be delightfully fun to call me a ACLU-hugging liberal, I have a better idea: why don't you not read threads you're not interested in, instead of telling people to be silent or take their thoughts elsewhere?

Date: December 18, 2005 01:54AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
Why don't you not read threads you're not interested in, instead of telling people to be silent or take their thoughts elsewhere?[/q]

But I am interested in this thread. I said that already, above. In fact, it was through this thread that I first heard the news about Spencer's death. I'm a fan.

I'm also a fan of the the separation of information sources. When I come to eLynah, I expect to read specifically about Cornell hockey and, through reasonable off-topic extension and thread drift, about Cornell and hockey in general. I don't expect to come across news of a famous actor's death, a scree regarding national politics, or a study of urban land-use issues. I have other sources for those types of information. If I want the unmediated firehose, I go to Google news.

My friends will tell you that I'm a bit too easily distracted. This post on Spencer's death led me to obituaries, which got me thinking about the IMDB, etc., etc. A simple urge to see what was going on in hockey land led to a colossal waste of time. I may not be alone in this.

So, to sum up, I'm going to continue to tell people to "take their thoughts elsewhere," but I have never told people to "be silent." There are appropriate places to discuss The West Wing. I directed people towards a good place to discuss the show and Spencer's death. There, fans of the show can interact with a group of other people that are fans of the show; here, you interact with a group of people who are fans of Cornell hockey. This forum is one of the few appropriate places to discuss Cornell hockey without distraction. Let's keep it that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2005 02:57AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 01:55AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
While it must be delightfully fun to call me a ACLU-hugging liberal...[/q]Well, but... you ARE an ACLU-hugging liberal.

Date: December 18, 2005 09:30AM

Well.... yes..... but..... but.....:-P

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 10:55AM

[Q]Scersk '97 Wrote:

My friends will tell you that I'm a bit too easily distracted. This post on Spencer's death led me to obituaries, which got me thinking about the IMDB, etc., etc. A simple urge to see what was going on in hockey land led to a colossal waste of time. I may not be alone in this.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/18/05 02:57AM by Scersk '97.[/q]

So we're supposed to take your "attention issues" into account when choosing what we post? Geesh. How about some simple impusle control...if you can't afford "a colossal waste of time" STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2005 10:56AM by DisplacedCornellian.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 11:36AM

[Q]DisplacedCornellian Wrote:

Scersk '97 Wrote:

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/18/05 02:57AM by Scersk '97.[/Q]
So we're supposed to take your "attention issues" into account when choosing what we post? Geesh. How about some simple impusle control...if you can't afford "a colossal waste of time" STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.
[/q]
No, all you need to consider is the point of the community. There are thousands of general interest websites and West Wing specific websites where a post about the death of Leo McGarry is appropriate (NB: He'll always be Mullaney to me). This isn't that place.

In all seriousness, how many people do you need to share this with, how many fora do you have to discuss this in, how badly do you need to get this out of you that the place you elect to do it is eLynah? Isn't there maybe a phone call you could make*? The ultimate question to ask about OOOOT postings is "Who is really the person with impulse control issues?"

* Special to Fred: I don't want you to feel that I am attacking you personally. This one post doesn't bother me all that much. I think that Rich, Scersk and I are more concerned with getting a policy established while it is a minor annoyance to some of us before it becomes a really big problem. If this becomes a general interest forum that also happens to discuss Cornell hockey, I'll walk away and wait until one of the many folks here with the web-savvy to do it starts a new, dedicated forum. Save the "no great loss" reply. I have no illusions that it would be.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: December 18, 2005 11:58AM

You know, I have no objection to the fact that some people didn't like this being posted here. While I continue to disagree, it's a comment that can be made and a discussion that can be had. What I take outright offense to, is the pure vitriolic, hateful, and downright insulting way that it was brought up. Treating me like a child that needs a list of topic descriptions or mocking me by suggesting that I may as well post my breakfast or the year of the dime I found on the ground is insulting and entirely uncalled for. And I think the fact that Scersk admitted that he's a WW fan and found out about this here first, proves that it IS a topic that people are intersted in (therefore not even being in the same ballpark as my breakfast :-P).

In the, what now, 5 (?) years I've been on this board I've probably started less than that number of 'OT' threads. Listen, I appreciate Rich's comments that he generally enjoys talking with me - although I can't remember meeting you in person, I apologize if I'm just forgetting :-) - but if an aquaintance or co-worker of yours says something you feel is out of context, do you mock them, insult them, and rag in them in front of the crowd? Or do you politely mention aside later on that you didn't like it? I do not deserve being treated like a child and called out.

It's probably the anonymity of the internet and I understand that that makes it much easier to react strongly, but that was still entirely uncalled for and hurtful. If you made the comment politely on the thread, or PMed me to discuss it, or something, I may still disagree, but it wouldn't have been aimed at mocking me publically.

As far as comparing me to a facetimer, well, I know that wasn't meant as harshly as it could be taken - so I won't take it harshly. But I still think the analogy is wrong. The key phrase that you said was "during a game." You're not a facetimer for turning and talking to your friend about whatever before the game, or after the game, or in class, or while walking down College Ave. Not only was this not during a game, it wasn't on a game day, or even a game week. In fact, if Cornell hockey was actively doing on I probably wouldn't have posted this here at all, but this this several week break from game action, I felt that "truely OT" wasn't interferring with anything.

Listen, I read a few message boards which get way too OT way too often and I've made comments on those boards as to its effect. I agree with you that that can be a very bad thing. But eLF, well, besides our infamous thread drifts, is actually incredibly on topic most of the time. I think its anything but a problem here. If it became a problem I would be one of the first to speak up, but the very very occassional mention of something very OT doesn't hurt anyone.

Based on the fact that Jordan uncovered that Rich has actively participated in "truely OT" threads, and based on the fact that Scersk said he's a WW and first heard of this news here, I think the mentioning of it was not a problem and actually helpful. And had this bile not been flung at me, this thread would be off the first page by now and out of everyone's way.

Date: December 18, 2005 12:07PM

Is this forum eventually going to have a cabal for everything?

We already define good fans/bad fans, facetimers/lynah faithful, gooney/good hockey, good obyrne/ bad obyrne, appropriate cheers/inappropriate cheers, trolls/useful posters....

Now you all want to have us censor our own posts, and eliminate everything that Ugarte and Scersk (the newly forming suitable ELF topics cabal) define as off-topic. It seems to me that DeltaOne81 wanted to share entertainment news that he saw as important with his fellow hockey fans. Is that honestly making your viewing of the forum that difficult? Did having to see this thread appear bring you to tears, or cause you to give up on the 12-Steps program?

This forum works because we all have lapses of impulse control, and from those we post our independent ideas and opinions. This is literally the only internet forum I read, and I read it because I want to hear other Cornell hockey fan's thoughts on hockey, other cornell sports, and anything in general really; and if I don't want to hear those thoughts, I don't start suggesting that they shut up. Instead, I just don't come to this webpage. Try doing that yourselves.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2005 12:09PM by Ben Rocky 04.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: December 18, 2005 12:09PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:
* Special to Fred: I don't want you to feel that I am attacking you personally. This one post doesn't bother me all that much. I think that Rich, Scersk and I are more concerned with getting a policy established while it is a minor annoyance to some of us before it becomes a really big problem. If this becomes a general interest forum that also happens to discuss Cornell hockey, I'll walk away and wait until one of the many folks here with the web-savvy to do it starts a new, dedicated forum. Save the "no great loss" reply. I have no illusions that it would be.[/q]

Ugarte, thanks. In fact as you can see in my post right after you, I agree. If eLF had a problem with OT thread, of had it even been a game week, I wouldn't've posted it. And if eLF develops a problem with OT threads, I would absolutely speak out against it. But I think we've been going for long enough that I trust the people on this forum to keep things reasonably on topic with the occassional reasonable diversion that others may find interesting.

P.S. I actually did check around the couple other forums (which are actually collections of boards) that I post to to see if there was a TV related one. There wasn't, so I came here, because as long as it was going to be OT anywhere, people here might care. And whether some people like me posting it or not, it seems I was right that some people did care and want to discuss it a little.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 01:19PM

would a separate eLF page for all (or most) off-topic dicussions (a la Ticket Exchange) be a reasonable compromise here?

Date: December 18, 2005 01:49PM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
Is this forum eventually going to have a cabal for everything?
[/Q]
Cabals are fun! Do we have to be secretive, though? Indeed, I announce the formation of a new group: eLF Validity Evaluating (Rotarian Yelling Boosting) Off-topic Discussion Yodellers.

As one of the head spokesmen of the above organization, I, Scersk '97, do hereby declare this thread gratuitously off-topic. All persons who further post in this off-topic discussion will be subscribed to pornographic e-mail lists and forced to copy, at the blackboard, each of RichS's eLF posts 20 times in cursive. (Watch out, here comes RichS! Oh, the synergy!)

Seriously, I'm not going to set myself up as head huckleberry. (I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned this topic: [elf.elynah.com].) We all are guilty, at some point or another, of contributing to off-topic rambling. I'd just prefer to keep it out of the subject headings on the front page if it's not about Cornell hockey, Cornell, or hockey. Call me anal, or anti-American (but, if being American is about not questioning our government, does that mean I would be anti-anti-American?), or a big ol' hypocrite, but I prefer talking hockey here and other things elsewhere. The suggestion of café (another un-American word) space might work out, but that's up to the moderators/owners/enabling devils of this forum to decide.

Meanwhile, in confirmation of my last posting on the subject, I say: hockey, hockey, hockey! (Poof!)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 05:29PM

I think the most important thing is that we have several dozen more rounds of this scintillating off-topic discussion about how off-topic the original off-topic discussion was. rolleyes

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 05:32PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

I think the most important thing is that we have several dozen more rounds of this scintillating off-topic discussion about how off-topic the original off-topic discussion was. [/q]That's a little unfair. I think a consensus from the Forum about whehter the "hockey cabal" or the "inclusion cabal" is the more popular cabal wouldn't be a bad thing. If there was a general understanding then the losing side could decide what to do. Leaving it ambiguous means that the same fight will happen every time a cast member of the West Wing dies. And the guy who plays Toby has never looked particularly healthy to me.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 05:38PM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
Now you all want to have us censor our own posts, and eliminate everything that Ugarte and Scersk (the newly forming suitable ELF topics cabal) define as off-topic.[/q]So your point is that there is a conceivable definition that would make this on-topic, but we are unduly restrictive?

Oh, wait, you do have such a definition:

[q]I want to hear other Cornell hockey fan's thoughts on ... anything in general...[/q]Why? For the love of Dryden, why? There isn't any polite way to say this, so ... I really don't care about the opinions of everyone here about most things. I suspect that you feel the same about me. That is exactly what is GOOD about a narrowcast forum like eLynah.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 05:42PM

I would like to know Bill Howard's opinion on HDTV, can we get that in this thread?

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 05:45PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:
Beeeej Wrote:
I think the most important thing is that we have several dozen more rounds of this scintillating off-topic discussion about how off-topic the original off-topic discussion was. [/Q]
That's a little unfair. I think a consensus from the Forum about whehter the "hockey cabal" or the "inclusion cabal" is the more popular cabal wouldn't be a bad thing. If there was a general understanding then the losing side could decide what to do. Leaving it ambiguous means that the same fight will happen every time a cast member of the West Wing dies. And the guy who plays Toby has never looked particularly healthy to me.[/q]

Unfair? It was sarcasm, O Cranky One. :-P

I think what's really needed at this point is a thread prefix like "META" so you know before you click on the thread that it's a discussion of eLF. Otherwise, how are the people who make a careful practice of avoiding OT threads ever going to know that the rest of y'all are using an OT thread to make a decision about OT threads?! Your "consensus" will have a pretty big gap in it.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2005 05:47PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: December 18, 2005 06:02PM

MAKE IT STOP

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 18, 2005 08:47PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

MAKE IT STOP[/q]

Jeez, you didn't have to read it if you didn't want to! Didn't you see the OT?!?! :-P

Date: December 18, 2005 10:47PM

That is exactly what is GOOD about a narrowcast forum like eLynah.[/q]

What is good about a forum like this is that I don't have to read what you write, whereas you seem to feel obligated to read what I write, and then complain about it.

On that note, I agree with poor Josh, who for some very disturbing, self-loathing, masochistic reasons, seems to have read this entire posting war. I promise, I'm done with this.

May John Spencer rest in peace, and may this thread just swiftly sink off the page.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 10:50PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

jmh30 Wrote:

MAKE IT STOP[/Q]
Jeez, you didn't have to read it if you didn't want to! Didn't you see the OT?!?![/q]

It was like a car accident. I couldn't look away.

Date: December 19, 2005 01:57AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:Unfair? It was sarcasm, O Cranky One. [/q]Yer fired.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 05:39PM

Well, it seems like Age has made his opinion on this subject pretty clear...

Date: December 22, 2005 10:45PM

I wouldn't go that far. If he wasn't redesigning the forum anyway, it never would have happened ;-)

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 23, 2005 10:29AM

Actually, I made the change before the upgrade. :-P

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: January 04, 2006 04:06PM

KeithK

I found an even better name for an off-topic forum at [www.scbern.ch] : "Postings, die die Welt nicht braucht" ("postings the world doesn't need";).

Date: January 06, 2006 09:14PM

jtwcornell91
KeithK

I found an even better name for an off-topic forum at [www.scbern.ch] : "Postings, die die Welt nicht braucht" ("postings the world doesn't need";).
And since you mentioned SC Bern (again) on eLynah, let me thank you for doing it in JSiD.

The West Wing Is Dead
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 22, 2006 05:57PM

On a somewhat related note, NBC gave the axe to The West Wing today. I'm not really surprised, but it's still sad to see what was once the best show on television leave the airwaves.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Re: The West Wing Is Dead
Posted by: Chris '03 (69.37.11.---)
Date: January 22, 2006 06:40PM

Will
On a somewhat related note, NBC gave the axe to The West Wing today. I'm not really surprised, but it's still sad to see what was once the best show on television leave the airwaves.

[www.cbsnews.com]

It's funny that you cite CBS with this news. Now far NBC has fallen...

Date: January 23, 2006 12:02PM

Just as well that they put it out of its misery. It's a far cry from what it once was and it was stuck in a horrible time slot. Kinda had to see it coming.

Re: OT: Time for the simpsons to die too
Date: January 24, 2006 09:17AM

That show has gone way downhill from its glory years. Time for it to go too.

Re: OT: Time for the simpsons to die too
Date: January 24, 2006 10:34AM

While The Simpsons is clearly not what it once was, it's still quite entertaining and I'd hate to see it go. WW, however, is simply painful and needs to be shot.

Posted by: Ken '70 (---.254.51.209.conversent.net)
Date: January 26, 2006 10:56AM

It's still a good show compared to the rest of the dreck, but they lost their way when trashing Bush and Republicans became more important than entertainment and art. For example, the likes of the first season's "In Excelsis Deo" were not in evidence after that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login