Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Stupid human jokes

Posted by Rita 
Stupid human jokes
Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: October 16, 2012 12:01PM

ECAC isn't the only league with bone-headed refs.

What type of person mentions "bomb" at an airport? What an idiot.

Re: Stupid human jokes
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 16, 2012 04:35PM

Rita

What type of idoit puts a person in jail for making a joke?

Security theater.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: October 16, 2012 08:49PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita

Security theater.

The kind that does not want to lose his/her job.

Pre 9-11, I was traveling with my brother who jokingly informed the counter angent that he was given a package by a person named Ted Kaczynski, The agent gave a wry smile and I immediately informed her to disregard the comment and berated my brother for the rest of the evening. Times have changed.

P.S. "idoit" is a great typo! It works on several different levels. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was intentional. :-D:)

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 16, 2012 11:53PM

Roy 82
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita

Security theater.

Pre 9-11, I was traveling with my brother who jokingly informed the counter agent that he was given a package by a person named Ted Kaczynski, The agent gave a wry smile and I immediately informed her to disregard the comment and berated my brother for the rest of the evening. Times have changed.

P.S. "idoit" is a great typo! It works on several different levels. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was intentional. :-D:)
In the mid 1990's I was returning from a business with a colleague and we were bringing back a solid piece of steel, about 8"x6"x3/4". My colleague was carrying it in one hand and his briefcase in the other. I offered to put it into my little knapsack. He chuckled and gave it to me, perhaps anticipating additional scrutiny. Eventually we wended our way to security, where this chunk of steel showed up clearly on the x-ray scanner. The security agent, however pulled out my colleague's briefcase, not my bag, for further inspection. He protested that there wasn't anything in it, but quickly realized that it was pointless. All he had was a handful of papers, his toilet kit, and a change of underwear, but the search for the elusive object took several minutes. There didn't seem to be any danger of a crisis, so I waited quietly for the puzzled agents to release. If that were to happen today, which I doubt, I would speak up promptly to avoid the lock-down.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 07:48AM

Roy 82
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita

Security theater.

Pre 9-11, I was traveling with my brother who jokingly informed the counter angent that he was given a package by a person named Ted Kaczynski, The agent gave a wry smile and I immediately informed her to disregard the comment and berated my brother for the rest of the evening. Times have changed.

Nope, Just a typo. I wish I were that clever.

And if the idiot is "just doing his job" then the person telling him how to do is job is the idiot. Or worse.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 04:25PM

The best part about this is that a lawyer called the bomb joke "flirtatious."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login