Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Name of the Year Bracketology

Posted by TimV 
Name of the Year Bracketology
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 04:27PM

I think I have the right Forum this time...smashfreak

Check the 14th seed in the Bulltron Regional.

2009 Name of the Year

Re: Name of the Year Bracketology
Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 04:29PM

But "Glorious Johnson" is a tough draw...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 05:03PM

With all due respect to "Taco Vandervelde", my money is on "Chew Kok" upsetting everybody and making it out of that regional.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 05:15PM

Go Parris Duffus!!! Cornell Hockey representative! Very tough draw against Glorious Johnson. If he survives that, I like him to get to the round of 16 and would probably lose to Crystal Methany.

Normally, I'd give Katie Cumalat a pretty decent shot at an upset from a 13 seed, but she's up against Uranus Golden. Brutal draw.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 05:18PM by RichH.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 05:37PM

I think you're all underestimating Nemesis Vega.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 08:40PM

How did Parris Duffus last until 2009? These guys have been running this tourney for ~20 years and have picked names much more obscure than a goalie who was a college All-American and had a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Is he coaching somewhere now?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 19, 2009 08:11AM

My money is on Moonlit Wang.

Moonlit Wang always comes first.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 08:43AM

Jeff Hopkins '82

Moonlit Wang's dream?

Moonlit Wang
To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag.

Date: March 19, 2009 12:27PM

ugarte
Jeff Hopkins '82

Moonlit Wang's dream?

Moonlit Wang
To run the bases - stretch a double into a triple, and flop face-first into third, wrap your arms around the bag.

If you build it, he will come. banana

Date: March 19, 2009 04:06PM

But will the bag wrap her arms around him?B-]

Bracket of Evil
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 08:48PM

More JISD brackets: Bracket of evil

Re: Bracket of Evil
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 09:55PM

Government is a toss-up bracket and the outcome will totally depend on each candidate's swingmen.

The media bracket is the toughest of the four. Tar, feathering, hyperbole, and elephants. Who/whatever comes out of that regional should have a very good chance of making the finals. It is a shame that one one team can come out of this bracket.

AIG WILL DOMINATE all the others in the corporate bracket. Even a meeting with that court terror/maverick "Sarah the Barracuda" in the semis won't keep them out of the finals.

The only question with AIG is whether they can remaining solvent and avoid the bankruptcy bug that has been affecting teams like them. If they can't, it may be a media free-for-all.

/off with outrageous ESPN-pundit like analysis. nut

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 12:55PM

How is it that Dick Cheney isn't among the candidates? Or is he just the de facto Grand Pubah of All Things Evil?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 01:20PM

Evil. Riiiiight.

I would never consider Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, Obama, Murtha, etc. to be evil. Just stupid and/or foolish.

Well, some of the folks are corrupt as hell. But greedy and power hungry isn't quite the same as evil.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 01:34PM

Killer
How is it that Dick Cheney isn't among the candidates? Or is he just the de facto Grand Pubah of All Things Evil?
You could fill a bracket with people who go by the name "Dick". It isn't enough.

Dick Trickle (NOY Hall of Famer, IIRC), now that's a name.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.243.---)
Date: March 26, 2009 01:37PM

ugarte
Killer
You could fill a bracket with people who go by the name "Dick". It isn't enough.

I believe Killer was referring to the Bracket of Evil, but while we're on the subject, wasn't there somebody affiliated with the women's lacrosse team named Dick Blood?

Posted by: BCrespi (---.njit.edu)
Date: March 26, 2009 03:29PM

Lauren '06
ugarte
Killer

I believe Killer was referring to the Bracket of Evil, but while we're on the subject, wasn't there somebody affiliated with the women's lacrosse team named Dick Blood?

I think it is/was the softball coach, but I'm too scared to Google that at work.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 03:59PM

[Drift] When I was a police reporter, Springfield police arrested, for soliciting, a woman the arrest blotter said was Anita Mann. I figured it was a setup to see how gullible a new reporter was. Turns out it was her name. Talk about destiny.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 04:44PM

KeithK
I would never consider Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, Obama, Murtha, etc. to be evil. Just stupid and/or foolish.
Not sure I would agree. I simply can't believe that those in the highest positions of our government don't grok at least a partial view of the consequences of their policies.

That said, the people get the government they deserve: Bush, Hastert, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. are only giving the people what they've asked for. You want entitlements? Here you go! Sorry for the big helping of inflation and taxes to go along with that, but we're putting it off for as long as we can; trust us!

The people at whom your ire should be directed are those who continue to support this foolish system. Democracy, at least at the federal level and with the power de facto vested in the central government, is an utter failure. Bush, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. are only symptoms of the real problems, which are (a) that the government has the power to create arbitrary rules and enforce them at the point of a gun and (b) that it can take from one person and give to another, and make this all seem legitimate because the majority is ultimately making the rules by electing these clowns.

Tyranny of the majority is still tyranny, yet few people seem to grasp this concept. Ask me how aggravated I get when people equate "democracy" and "freedom". The two concepts aren't even orthogonal: they are in direct opposition. One can argue that some government is necessary in order to maximize freedom, but how many people think Americans' freedoms would actually be in danger if we were to eliminate (say) half of the US Code? I'm guessing "not too many", which means that people want big government for reasons other than promoting freedom. This is the point at which the thought experiment starts lighting brushfires in the minds of men.

Apologies for the threadjack. ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 04:54PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2009 05:06PM

Kyle Rose

For the what, now? Hadn't noticed.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 26, 2009 05:25PM

Kyle Rose
KeithK
Not sure I would agree. I simply can't believe that those in the highest positions of our government don't grok at least a partial view of the consequences of their policies.

That said, the people get the government they deserve: Bush, Hastert, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. are only giving the people what they've asked for. You want entitlements? Here you go! Sorry for the big helping of inflation and taxes to go along with that, but we're putting it off for as long as we can; trust us!

The people at whom your ire should be directed are those who continue to support this foolish system. Democracy, at least at the federal level and with the power de facto vested in the central government, is an utter failure. Bush, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. are only symptoms of the real problems, which are (a) that the government has the power to create arbitrary rules and enforce them at the point of a gun and (b) that it can take from one person and give to another, and make this all seem legitimate because the majority is ultimately making the rules by electing these clowns.

Tyranny of the majority is still tyranny, yet few people seem to grasp this concept. Ask me how aggravated I get when people equate "democracy" and "freedom". The two concepts aren't even orthogonal: they are in direct opposition. One can argue that some government is necessary in order to maximize freedom, but how many people think Americans' freedoms would actually be in danger if we were to eliminate (say) half of the US Code? I'm guessing "not too many", which means that people want big government for reasons other than promoting freedom. This is the point at which the thought experiment starts lighting brushfires in the minds of men.

Wow! Howard Beale, the mad prophet of the airwaves strikes again! wow

Posted by: CKinsland (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 06:29PM

Similarly, years ago when I was serving on a grand jury, we a case in which the accused had the last name of "Badman". The poor cops couldn't stop chuckling every time they had to say "Mr. Badman".

CK

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 06:34PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Wow! Howard Beale, the mad prophet of the airwaves strikes again! wow
I'm not usually mad as hell: usually, I'm mostly resigned to the foolishness of man. But certain things do set me off... :-)

Date: March 27, 2009 04:43PM

Kyle Rose

S'OK Kyle. It got jacked as soon as it went from "Name" to "Evil" Bracketology.

David Harding: It's All Your Fault!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login