Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Sarah Palin Speaks at Germain (nee TECO) Arena

Posted by ebilmes 
Sarah Palin Speaks at Germain (nee TECO) Arena
Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2008 05:55PM

[www.news-press.com]

Live blog
Finding a parking spot at Germain Arena for today's appearance by vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin are about as hard to find as a liberal in Southwest Florida.

Not sure where to put this, but people who have been to the Everblades Tournament might find it interesting.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 06:02PM by ebilmes.

Re: Sarah Palin Speaks at Germain (nee TECO) Arena
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 06, 2008 09:27PM

ebilmes
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081006/NEWS0107/81006002/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Live blog
Finding a parking spot at Germain Arena for today's appearance by vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin are about as hard to find as a liberal in Southwest Florida.

Not sure where to put this, but people who have been to the Everblades Tournament might find it interesting.

That sentence makes me all frowny with pure, nougat-filled grammatical hatred.

(ETA: The sentence from the blog, just to be clear.)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 09:38PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 07, 2008 02:23PM

Here's hatred of another kind from the on-line version of the Naples News Press.

"Palin's rally got off to a headline-making start - and not of her making. Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott took the podium as one of the GOP speechmakers to warm up the crowd.

In his brief remarks, he referred to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama by his full name, "Barack Hussein Obama," drawing cheers from the crowd but condemnation from the McCain/Palin campaign, which called Scott's decision inappropriate."

It is not known whether she wore her red shoes. I am still waiting for my mother's commentary on what Sarah wore and how much the outfit probably cost. Yes, there does indeed seem to be a severe lack of liberals in SW FL. uhoh

Live blog

Not sure where to put this, but people who have been to the Everblades Tournament might find it interesting.[/quote]

That sentence makes me all frowny with pure, nougat-filled grammatical hatred.

(ETA: The sentence from the blog, just to be clear.)[/quote]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 02:39PM by Rita.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 08, 2008 03:06PM

Biden is speaking a half mile up the road today at the Alico Arena on the FGCU campus. 5:30 start time

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2008 06:43PM

I think the real question is whether the sports bar in the arena was open for the speech. Because drunk is the only way to handle one of those. You're darn tootin'!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: October 09, 2008 09:48PM

Sarah "hockey mom" Palin will get to put another notch in her lipstick case when she drops the puck at the Flyers home opener. The winner of the Flyers "ultimate hockey mom" contest will be announced at that game and get to drop the puck with Palin.

Check out the prize package for the winner (besides dropping the puck with Sarah) :-O! The $500 gas card will help her get the kids from rink to rink. drive The spa day should help to get the "you betchas" out of her mind.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 10, 2008 11:46AM

Rita
Sarah "hockey mom" Palin will get to put another notch in her lipstick case
Excellent reference B-]

Date: October 10, 2008 02:12PM

Booking Sarah Palin for the Flyers season opener earned Chairman Ed Snider the #2 worst person on the 10/9/08 edition of
MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 10, 2008 02:44PM

Rita
Booking Sarah Palin for the Flyers season opener earned Chairman Ed Snider the #2 worst person on the 10/9/08 edition of
MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann.
I know WPitW is somewhat tongue in cheek hyperbole but it's amazing how ridiculously over the top Olbermann has become. The man was (is?) a great sports guy and gave a really good convocation speech in '98. But since then... wow!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.wireless.ubc.ca)
Date: October 10, 2008 03:26PM

I agree. His "special comments" make me cringe, and WPITW is just way too petty for the serious, incisive newsman I think he wants to be.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 10, 2008 06:40PM

A good artist knows when to stop. The economy seems to be putting the Palin-McCain mavericks further behind. OTOH Olberman figures he needs to do his part in case Florida ballots get messed up again.

I think the election is over now. I could be mistaken.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: October 14, 2008 08:12PM

More news from our pals down in Estero.

[highschool.rivals.com]

Re: Sarah Palin, a very well dressed American
Date: October 22, 2008 11:10AM

Somehow I do not think spending $150,000 for clothes and other accessories makes the Palin family look like they are "in touch" with the "real Americans". wtf

I am now curious to know what charity will be the beneficiary of the Palin family shopping spree.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 12:08PM

Because remember, when Republicans spend money they are "out of touch". When Democrats do it we should all look the other way.

Do ordinary Americans get help buying property like Obama did? No. Is he out of touch?

Diane Feinstein's San Francisco mansion is worth more than all of the McCain property combined. And she has another one in DC. I wonder which of John Edwards' two Americas she lives in. Has anyone said she's out of touch?

And before the replies come, I am not a registered Republican, I don't plan on voting for McCain, I haven't voted Republican since McCain in the 2000 primary - with the exception of voting for Bloomberg for mayor. I just think these arguments are ridiculous.

Posted by: RichH (155.104.37.---)
Date: October 22, 2008 03:42PM

nyc94
Because remember, when Republicans spend money they are "out of touch". When Democrats do it we should all look the other way.

Yeah, but what's funny is that Rita's "quotation marked" words was only pointing out the hypocrisy because it generally the R's who use the "out of touch" mudsling (you know...the whole 'east coast elitist' angle), not the D's. She was doing a reversal, and you just reversed the reversal.

I just think these arguments are ridiculous.

Now that's something we can agree upon.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2008 03:42PM by RichH.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 04:53PM

Oh, I got that it was a reversal. But the Democrats whined about the treatment Kerry and Edwards got in 2004 so "doing a reversal" makes them just as hypocritical. And here I was hoping "the One" would stay above this.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 05:17PM

nyc94
Oh, I got that it was a reversal. But the Democrats whined about the treatment Kerry and Edwards got in 2004 so "doing a reversal" makes them just as hypocritical. And here I was hoping "the One" would stay above this.

Eh. Both major party candidates promised to run a clean and honorable campaign, and they both lied. It's always going to be politics as usual as long as those are the only major parties.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 05:22PM

RichH
nyc94

Eh. Both major party candidates promised to run a clean and honorable campaign, and they both lied. It's always going to be politics as usual as long as those are the only major parties.
FYP.

It's just human nature.

Re: Sarah Palin Speaks at Germain (Yo Mama jokes meet Election '08)
Posted by: billhoward (---.sub-75-215-35.myvzw.com)
Date: October 23, 2008 01:38AM

Yo Mama jokes are back and referencing the election

[search.twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

For example:

Yo moma so fat Russia can see her from their house.

Yo mama's so fat, John McCain looked into her eyes and saw three letters: K, F, and C

yo mama so fat, every year there's a new study that shows French kids can find her on a map but American kids can't

Yo mama so fat, polls are weighted 1% Democrat, 1% Republican, and 98% yo mama.

Yo mama so ugly, Sarah Palin has gone on record: "pro-life, but only because yo mama already been born."

Sophomoric but a little bit funny ...

These are the clean ones.

Re: Sarah Palin Speaks at Germain (Yo Mama jokes meet Election '08)
Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 23, 2008 09:52AM

billhoward
Yo Mama jokes are back

You mean they were out at some point? I disagree.

Re: Sarah Palin- Another notch
Date: October 24, 2008 10:22AM

Sarah will try to win over undecided Blues fans in the toss-up state of Missouri.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login