Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Online Risk v. other Ivies

Posted by jaywbigred 
Online Risk v. other Ivies
Posted by: jaywbigred (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 30, 2007 03:55PM

Guys there is an online version of the game Risk taking place at

[www.gocrosscampus.com]

that has all the Ivies playing for control of the Northeast. Yale is killing everyone, but we are "in second place," so new recruits are needed! If you have a valid Cornell.edu email you can join up. There is not a lot of work involved, just sign up, get your armies, and deploy them according to the current Battle Plans which are posted on the main page. You get additional armies each day (turn).

Lets Go Red!

Re: Online Risk v. other Ivies
Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 09:40AM

Nerd alert! whistle

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: December 12, 2007 02:30PM

Bump...

The game was suspended for a while due to server capacity issues, but its back on now that they've upgraded. We're doing alright, since we're allied (for now) with an ever growing Princeton army - but we need more players if we're looking at better than 2nd or 3rd place finish.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: December 12, 2007 04:11PM

There's nothing like another competition between the ivies :-D

The game is surprisingly fun, and your level of involvement can really vary. I see tons of people posting strategy advice and trying to get people to cooperate or you can be like me and update my armies based on what everyone else is doing (unless it's a really bonehead move then I let my armies have some fun).

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2007 09:31PM

Or you can sign up and turn control over your troops to the generals. Our leaders are desperate for more participation, since the number of new troops allocated each turn depends on the number of players.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: December 13, 2007 10:51AM

David Harding
Or you can sign up and turn control over your troops to the generals. Our leaders are desperate for more participation, since the number of new troops allocated each turn depends on the number of players.

Also, there are factors to adjust for different size schools. We have 1600 players, Yale has 1800 and Princeton has 1400. After those adjustments, we're currently at a huge disadvantage.

If any of you would let me sign up with your email addresses, PM me :)

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2007 01:27PM

What the hell is with this map? They have BC north of Harvard, and Brandeis north of both of them and on the shore. BC is south-west of Harvard, and Brandeis is in Waltham, west of them both -- not north of Harvard, and certainly not on the coast.

Google maps

I haven't looked at the other parts of the map to see what else is wrong, but come on, those three aren't even close to right. That's like an actual Risk board switching France and Italy and putting Spain somewhere near Germany.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 01:31PM by ftyuv.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 15, 2007 06:18PM

Eastern Mass is the worst - and really only - offender. Brandeis is certainly way off, but BC is north-west of Harvard on the map - which is half right. With those spaces, I don't blame them entirely blame them.

Worcester & HC are also two separate blocks, which makes little sense because HC is in Worcester - but, eh, what are are you gonna call those?

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2007 08:40PM

the "BC" spot should have been Tufts, and The Harvard Yard spot is probably closer to UMass Boston, but that's ok. And I'm not sure what I'd do for the north shore spot... Andover maybe? ;)

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 08:38PM

min
Nerd alert! whistle

Opposite needed: alert nerds.

Cornell "Risk"
Date: April 06, 2008 09:46PM

Now there is an intramural version of the Risk-like Go Cross Campus game
[gocrosscampus.com]

Date: September 21, 2008 06:36PM

Received this e-mail from The GXC Cornell War Council

Friends, Romans, Countrymen --

Throughout history, presidents and generals have used rhetoric to motivate and unify their countrymen and women. The outcomes of entire wars have been decided by a crucial moment when a leader found the right words to inspire a group of people to action. Tonight, I hope to find those very words. As I write this, we are in a very real battle to preserve the pride and glory of Cornell and gain the respect of thousands of other Ivy League students around the country.

Don't believe me? Last March, I had to sit and read an article on the front page of the Business section of the New York Times that explained to all its readers how Princeton students had proven their merit and out-strategized all the other Ivy League students. That should have been Cornell heralded in the paper. The 2008 Ivy League Championship is about to really commence when teams start attacking on Tuesday, and we will lose unless we wake up and start fighting like crazy.

Sign up, recruit your friends, join us in crafting the plan that will ultimately destroy our damned rivals from Connecticut and Jersey. We are running out of time, but the time to make our stand is NOW.

Please, for your classmates... for the alumni... for Cornell... and for yourself: don't let Cornell go down without a fight. We. Will. Prevail.

I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. Join us here.

Yours Forever,

The GXC Cornell War Council

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login