Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

How I Met Your Mother

Posted by Jeff Hopkins '82 
How I Met Your Mother
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 08:19AM

In one scene on last night's (12/11) show , Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) was sick in bed wearing a gray t-shirt with the Cornell Huggy Bear logo on it!

Anybody know what the connection is?

Re: How I Met Your Mother
Posted by: Bio '04 (128.118.170.---)
Date: December 12, 2006 08:28AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
In one scene on last night's (12/11) show , Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) was sick in bed wearing a gray t-shirt with the Cornell Huggy Bear logo on it!

Anybody know what the connection is?

I wasn't sure if I was imagining that but I guess not :)
I was trying to figure out the connection, but so far no luck.

Posted by: 2 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 10:56AM

I wondered about it, because it seemed it would have been Doogie Howser's friend's t-shirt. He was at his friend's apartment. So perhaps the three college friends (Ted, Marshall and Lilly, I think) went to Cornell together. But I thought I remembered some mention of them having gone to school in NYC.

Posted by: Robb (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 12:31PM

But I thought I remembered some mention of them having gone to school in NYC.
Well, Doogie's a doctor, right? :-)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 01:15PM

FWIW, the Wiki page has no mention of where the three went to college.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 12, 2006 05:05PM

I wondered about it, because it seemed it would have been Doogie Howser's friend's t-shirt. He was at his friend's apartment. So perhaps the three college friends (Ted, Marshall and Lilly, I think) went to Cornell together. But I thought I remembered some mention of them having gone to school in NYC.

Marshall is going to Law School at Columbia, but I think there was some hint of someone having gone to Yale (the a capella reunion in "The Slutty Pumpkin";).

ETA: also, I don't think Robin was "mothering" Barney in Marshall and Ted's apartment, although I don't remember it looking like Robin's apartment (no dogs) or the Fortress of Barnitude.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2006 05:07PM by jtwcornell91.

Date: December 13, 2006 08:00AM

jtwcornell91

Marshall is going to Law School at Columbia, but I think there was some hint of someone having gone to Yale (the a capella reunion in "The Slutty Pumpkin";).

ETA: also, I don't think Robin was "mothering" Barney in Marshall and Ted's apartment, although I don't remember it looking like Robin's apartment (no dogs) or the Fortress of Barnitude.

I think it was at Marshall and Ted's. He came over and passed out on the couch (legen.......dary).

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 21, 2006 10:10AM

I got another look at the shirt last night as CBS ran that episode again at 8:30. It almost looked hand drawn. Does anyone know if "huggy bear" is a unique logo? I only ask because I swear I have seen the "leaning bear" elsewhere.

Posted by: cth95 (---.burl.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2006 05:26PM

Maybe it was a Grateful Dead bear :-)

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.rh.psu.edu)
Date: January 08, 2007 08:20PM

In tonight's episode (Jan 8), Ted was wearing the huggy bear shirt again. Definitely has to be more than a coincidence now...

Date: January 09, 2007 12:23PM

Bio '04
In tonight's episode (Jan 8), Ted was wearing the huggy bear shirt again. Definitely has to be more than a coincidence now...

I missed that. Too busy watching Robin, I guess. dribble

I sent an email to CBS/Barney's blog asking what the connection is. No reply yet.

Posted by: Bio '04 (128.118.170.---)
Date: January 12, 2007 12:55PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Bio '04

I missed that. Too busy watching Robin, I guess. dribble

I sent an email to CBS/Barney's blog asking what the connection is. No reply yet.

It was right at the beginning of the episode (Ted was killing a spider).

Date: January 18, 2007 11:53AM

Nice bit of continuity for someone in TV land to have a non-endless wardrobe.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: January 19, 2007 09:30PM

jtwcornell91
Nice bit of continuity for someone in TV land to have a non-endless wardrobe.

Meredith Grey of Grey's Anatomy wears her Dartmouth t-shirt a lot, and carries the same tote bag.

Posted by: 2 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2007 01:14PM

Apparently Ted, Lilly and Marshall did not go to Cornell. They went to Wesleyan. Perhaps a writer had a CU connection or the Cornell PR department did something right.
Someone sent me this myspace page:
[profile.myspace.com]

Date: June 19, 2007 05:17PM

Apparently Ted, Lilly and Marshall did not go to Cornell. They went to Wesleyan. Perhaps a writer had a CU connection or the Cornell PR department did something right.
Someone sent me this myspace page:
[profile.myspace.com]

Damn you, you made me click the Robin Sparkles page. :-(

Posted by: stc32 (---.c3-0.ded-ubr1.sbo-ded.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: August 14, 2007 03:25PM

anyone know where you can get that shirt? its pretty cool.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 27, 2007 12:09PM

On Monday's season premiere Ted was wearing a 1987 Harvard heavyweight crew national champions t-shirt. It says "Heavyweight Crew" above crossed oars with "19" and "87" split on the sides and the word "Champion" below. On the back it says "Harvard" in large letters across the shoulders - best seen when Ted is showing off his tattoo.

Date: September 27, 2007 02:16PM

Yet another example of how the producers of the show are about 10 years older than the characters...

Also, Harvard sucks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login