Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

More corporate stadium names

Posted by nyc94 
More corporate stadium names
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 27, 2006 06:10PM

Early rumor that in 2009 the Met's may be playing in Citibank Stadium (or one of any number of combinations of Citi, Citibank, or Citigroup with Park, Stadium, Yard, Ballpark, etc.)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2006 04:35PM by nyc94.

Re: More corporate stadium names
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 27, 2006 06:58PM

The worst thing about new stadiums is that you don't have an existing name to stick to when the teams adopt these assinine corporate names. I can refer to Candlestick Park or Comiskey and everyone knows exactly what I'm referring to and it sounds right as well. Not much I can do about a place like Pacific Bell Park, or SBC or AT&T or whatever the hell it's called these days. (I briefly tried referring to it as Pacific Park.)

For all of his flaws Geroge Steinbrenner is a huge fan of the whole Yankee tradition thing so I can at least cling to the hope that the new ballpark in the Bronx will be named Yankee Stadium. That's what I'm going to call it, regardless. Or the House that George's Money Built.

Date: October 27, 2006 07:08PM

It took me a good five minutes to figure out where Chase Field was.
[www.bankoneballpark.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: October 27, 2006 07:26PM

I'm just pissed we didnt get the Pink Taco Stadium in Arizona.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 12:45AM

There are two things I still don't quite understand about the new Met's's Stadium.

1. Why are they cutting seating down from 55,000 to 45,000? It might not sell out consistently, but it seems odd to me to cut that drastically.
2. Why aren't they naming it after William Shea again? Just for the cash they'll get for naming rights? Seems pretty sad to me, though not hugely surprising I guess.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 03:35AM

Beeeej
There are two things I still don't quite understand about the new Met's's Stadium.

1. Why are they cutting seating down from 55,000 to 45,000? It might not sell out consistently, but it seems odd to me to cut that drastically.
2. Why aren't they naming it after William Shea again? Just for the cash they'll get for naming rights? Seems pretty sad to me, though not hugely surprising I guess.
Why would the Yankees cut their seating down from 57,000 to 50,000? Answer: economic. If you sell out every seat every game you can charge more on a daily basis than if there are walkup seats available. You end up making more than you could by selling the extra seats from time to time.

Also, the new ballparks tend to have wider seating rows and shorter upper decks so that probably means fewer seats.

To be honest I never knew who William Shea was until I just looked him up on Wiki. It may be sad, but I'd have been shocked if the new place were named after him. (Besides, old Shea is a dump!)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2006 03:51AM

What about the idea to name it after Jackie Robinson?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 07:30AM

It'll always be "that shithole Shea" to me.

I liked when the arena in Philly was the First Union Center. Everyone called it the F.U. Center. Now everyone simply calls it the Wacko, or even just The Center because the name has changed so much.

Date: October 28, 2006 11:44AM

I think it's a fine idea to name a stadium after Jackie Robinson, but why the Met's's's' new stadium in particular? I don't think anybody views the Mets as the Queens New Brooklyn Dodgers, or at least they haven't in a long, long time.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 28, 2006 02:31PM

Beeeej
I think it's a fine idea to name a stadium after Jackie Robinson, but why the Met's's's' new stadium in particular? I don't think anybody views the Mets as the Queens New Brooklyn Dodgers, or at least they haven't in a long, long time.
Agreed. It would make a lot more sense for the Dodgers to name a place after Robinson. Or the Brooklyn Cyclones even. But the Mets?

Date: October 28, 2006 06:14PM

KeithK
so I can at least cling to the hope that the new ballpark in the Bronx will be named Yankee Stadium. That's what I'm going to call it, regardless. Or the House that George's Money Built.

George's money? I don't watch much regular season baseball but I still contribute to the Yankees via my cable bill - ESPN, Fox, and most importantly YES all take a slice.

I'm not holding my breath that the Yankees won't go the corporate naming route. Citibank seems like a better fit with the Yankees than the Mets but maybe we'll get Merill Lynch Field at Yankee Stadium. No dumber than LA Angels of Anaheim.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 30, 2006 05:41PM

KeithK
Beeeej
Agreed. It would make a lot more sense for the Dodgers to name a place after Robinson. Or the Brooklyn Cyclones even. But the Mets?
Sure, it'd be nice, but even the Brooklyn Cyclones play in a place with a corporate name.

Date: October 30, 2006 07:23PM

Josh '99
Sure, it'd be nice, but even the Brooklyn Cyclones play in a place with a corporate name.
Yes, I know about the unfortunate "Keyspan Park". *sigh* We can dream.

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: October 30, 2006 10:16PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

I liked when the arena in Philly was the First Union Center. Everyone called it the F.U. Center. Now everyone simply calls it the Wacko, or even just The Center because the name has changed so much.

Plenty of "wackos" in the Wacko (or FU Center), most of them wearing orange wigs in the Flyers attempt to break the world record for number of people wearing wigs.

Flyers get the shut-out win... they played the Blackhawks who have not scored in over 13 periods.

Date: October 31, 2006 08:11AM

Rita
Jeff Hopkins '82

Plenty of "wackos" in the Wacko (or FU Center), most of them wearing orange wigs in the Flyers attempt to break the world record for number of people wearing wigs.

Flyers get the shut-out win... they played the Blackhawks who have not scored in over 13 periods.

Costumes are an annual Halloween thing there, but the wig business was new. According to VS, they had over 9000 people wearing the wigs.

I had tix, but couldn't go (sick). Glad the team didn't aggravate the illness.

Date: November 10, 2006 05:42PM

Some further confirmation beyond my rumor mongering.

[www.newsday.com]

Date: November 13, 2006 11:32AM

nyc94

[www.newsday.com]
I'm not terribly surprised by this, but I have to say that "CitiField" is an abysmal name.

Date: November 13, 2006 11:43AM

Josh '99
nyc94

[www.newsday.com]
I'm not terribly surprised by this, but I have to say that "CitiField" is an abysmal name.
Let's show some perspective here. We currently have US Cellular Field, PETCO Park, Network Associates Coliseum, the BOB (well that's changing, but still). Compared to these CitiField isn't egregiously bad, IMO. (It's still horrible, of course.)

Date: November 13, 2006 11:49AM

KeithK
Josh '99
nyc94

[www.newsday.com]
Let's show some perspective here. We currently have US Cellular Field, PETCO Park, Network Associates Coliseum, the BOB (well that's changing, but still). Compared to these CitiField isn't egregiously bad, IMO. (It's still horrible, of course.)

When I first heard about this I thought it was City Field. I suspect a good portion of people outside the New York area will think the same thing if they are watching a game and only hear the name. I think they should have at least used Citibank.

Date: November 13, 2006 12:04PM

nyc94
KeithK
Josh '99
nyc94

[www.newsday.com]

When I first heard about this I thought it was City Field. I suspect a good portion of people outside the New York area will think the same thing if they are watching a game and only hear the name. I think they should have at least used Citibank.
It could be worse. The official moniker of Candlestick Park is now Monster Park. When I've asked friends what that referred to, I have never once had someone correctly say "Monster Cables". Usually they think it's Monster,.com or something.

Date: November 13, 2006 12:19PM

KeithK
nyc94
KeithK
Josh '99
nyc94

[www.newsday.com]

It could be worse. The official moniker of Candlestick Park is now Monster Park. When I've asked friends what that referred to, I have never once had someone correctly say "Monster Cables". Usually they think it's Monster,.com or something.

Some consulting firm probably got paid a high six figure amount to conduct "research" and completely missed this.

Date: November 13, 2006 06:34PM

Groundbreaking was today

From left, Mets players Jose Reyes and David Wright, Mayor Mike Bloomberg and Jeff Wilpon, the Mets' senior executive vice president.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 08:05PM

nyc94
Groundbreaking was today

From left, Mets players Jose Reyes and David Wright, Mayor Mike Bloomberg and Jeff Wilpon, the Mets' senior executive vice president.

Shouldn't this be an old-school eLF "caption contest?"

Posted by: cth95 (---.burl.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 09:52PM

Mayor Bloomberg, one of the last hold-outs, shows his age as he was grandfathered in when the City Development League established a mandatory helmet rule in 1999.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 10:34PM

cth95
Mayor Bloomberg, one of the last hold-outs, shows his age as he was grandfathered in when the CitiDevelopment League established a mandatory helmet rule in 1999.

Fixed your post.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2006 11:36PM

KeithK
nyc94
KeithK
Josh '99
nyc94

[www.newsday.com]

I thought that was the case the whole time. Wow, Monster.com must be happy about that.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 14, 2006 01:55PM

Beeeej

1) "Not sell out consistently", up until this year, is a gross understatement. I think they may have been slightly hurt by doing much of the stadium planning during some dark years where 4 games per year sold out. I will miss the days of being able to walk up to prett much any game and snag a $12 upper decker.

If this year's success keeps up, it'll become a damn tough ticket for the first few years of the park. I would have built it bigger, simply because if the success continues, we can easily get the 45-50K per night that the Yanks are getting now. The Mets drew more this year than the Yanks did in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and just about matched their 2002 and 2003 totals.

2) IMO, if an extra $20 million/year brings an ace pitcher or an extra bat to the lineup that's the difference between a Game 7 NLCS loss and a championship, Freddie can put whatever damn name he wants on the building. I'm sure I won't be the only one calling the place "Shea" anyway.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 14, 2006 03:12PM

Beeeej
1. Why are they cutting seating down from 55,000 to 45,000? It might not sell out consistently, but it seems odd to me to cut that drastically.[/q]

The drop in seats is probably offset by an increase in luxury boxes and in ticket prices. A new stadium always leads to a pretty steep jump in the price of tickets and with a more "intimate" stadium expect the same here. Trust that the Mets were acting in their own economic interest.

[q]2. Why aren't they naming it after William Shea again? Just for the cash they'll get for naming rights? Seems pretty sad to me, though not hugely surprising I guess.

Of all the corporate names, this is my second favorite (I couldn't care less about Bank One but love that the stadium is called The BOB). CitiField, spelling and the fact that it is a brand at all aside, isn't a bad name for a stadium in the greatest city in the world.

Date: November 14, 2006 03:44PM

Jordan 04
2) IMO, if an extra $20 million/year brings an ace pitcher or an extra bat to the lineup that's the difference between a Game 7 NLCS loss and a championship, Freddie can put whatever damn name he wants on the building. I'm sure I won't be the only one calling the place "Shea" anyway.
More likely the $20 million naming rights are factored into the costs of the stadium construction. The team will have much more than $20 million/year in debt service.

Date: November 14, 2006 03:56PM

ugarte
for a stadium in the greatest city in the world.

The Mets are moving to London?

Date: November 14, 2006 04:27PM

nyc94
ugarte
for a stadium in the greatest city in the world.

The Mets are moving to London?

You bring shame to your moniker.

Date: November 14, 2006 05:01PM

How about Cisco Field?

[news.com.com]

Isn't Bank One Ballpark now Chase Field?

Posted by: cth95 (---.burl.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2006 05:25PM

Good one. I was just making something up and didn't even think about the real name.

Date: November 14, 2006 05:44PM

nyc94
Isn't Bank One Ballpark now Chase Field?
Maybe, but whatever the corporate name is, I still call the stadium that the 49ers lose in "Candlestick Park". BOB will live forever.

Date: November 14, 2006 07:07PM

RichH

How about, "Which of us will still be in our current job when this stadium actually opens?"

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2006 09:21PM

nyc94
RichH

How about, "Which of us will still be in our current job when this stadium actually opens?"

Heh. Well, Wright and Reyes are guaranteed. Unless they're traded, but... yeah right.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2006 09:44PM

KeithK
Jordan 04
More likely the $20 million naming rights are factored into the costs of the stadium construction. The team will have much more than $20 million/year in debt service.

Allocate it wherever you wish, $20 million in extra revenue is still $20 in extra revenue.

Bottom line is that it can only help to expand the player personnel budget.

Posted by: gtsully (---.236.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: November 17, 2006 10:19PM

ugarte
Of all the corporate names, this is my second favorite (I couldn't care less about Bank One but love that the stadium is called The BOB). CitiField, spelling and the fact that it is a brand at all aside, isn't a bad name for a stadium in the greatest city in the world.

The BOB is, in fact, now called Chase Field. And my favorite of the corporate names is Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati (and it's a sweet park, to boot), even if it is named after an insurance company.

Date: November 18, 2006 12:56AM

gtsully
And my favorite of the corporate names is Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati (and it's a sweet park, to boot), even if it is named after an insurance company.
Agreed on the Great American Ballpark. I never realized that it was a corporate name until I set foot in the place and saw some sort of insurance company ad. That's the kind of corporate name that I can live with - one that doesn't sound blatantly commercial.

Date: November 18, 2006 01:16AM

KeithK
gtsully
And my favorite of the corporate names is Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati (and it's a sweet park, to boot), even if it is named after an insurance company.
Agreed on the Great American Ballpark. I never realized that it was a corporate name until I set foot in the place and saw some sort of insurance company ad. That's the kind of corporate name that I can live with - one that doesn't sound blatantly commercial.

That's probably a good sign that your company is wasting millions of dollars a year on a naming deal, at least at the major league level. I wonder what percentage of NFL fans outside of Tampa know that Raymond James is a brokerage company and not the team owner or founder.

Date: November 18, 2006 05:00AM

nyc94
KeithK
gtsully

That's probably a good sign that your company is wasting millions of dollars a year on a naming deal, at least at the major league level. I wonder what percentage of NFL fans outside of Tampa know that Raymond James is a brokerage company and not the team owner or founder.

How many NFL fans listen to NPR's Marketplace, which is underwritten by RJ?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 18, 2006 12:52PM

KeithK

I feel the same way with Frontier Field in Rochester (named after the telecommunications company). Buffalo, however, had their corporately named ballpark go from one of the best names, "Pilot Field," named after Pilot Air Freight, to one of the worst, "Dunn Tire Park."

Date: November 18, 2006 07:32PM

gtsully
ugarte

The BOB is, in fact, now called Chase Field. And my favorite of the corporate names is Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati (and it's a sweet park, to boot), even if it is named after an insurance company.

In the same category is the old Great Western Forum in LA. And I heard the name "Franklin Quest Field" (home of the AAA Salt Lake Buzz) a bunch of times before I learned it was a department store.

Posted by: Lowell '99 (---.c3-0.nmex-ubr1.lnh-nmex.md.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 19, 2006 07:55AM

If you accept that corporate names are a given these days, speaking as a diehard Mets fan, I sort of don't mind "CitiField." Short of a MetLife sponsored "Met [field/stadium/park]," it's a reasonable option.

As Jordan said, the park is whatever you want to call it.

I remember when the Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls built their arenas in the mid 90's. Respectively, they were named "The Delta Center," and "The United Center." And until I saw a blimp fly-by of the roofs, I had no idea they were named after the airlines. Some names work okay. The Verizon Center, on the other hand, leaves little to the imagination.

Date: November 20, 2006 04:35PM

Lowell '99
If you accept that corporate names are a given these days, speaking as a diehard Mets fan, I sort of don't mind "CitiField." Short of a MetLife sponsored "Met [field/stadium/park]," it's a reasonable option.
I mean, it could be worse, yeah, but I just think it sounds like "CitiField, a subsidiary of CitiBank" rather than "CitiBank Field, a stadium sponsored by CitiBank." I know that isn't clear, really, but that's the best I can do, I think.

Posted by: Willy '06 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 21, 2006 09:25PM

What about Wrigley Field? What sell outs.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2006 01:41AM

Willy '06
What about Wrigley Field? What sell outs.

Technically, Wrigley Field is named for William Wrigley, Jr. who was the team owner when the stadium was renamed in 1926 from Cubs Field.

[chicago.cubs.mlb.com]

Date: November 22, 2006 07:25AM

I think he was joking.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 22, 2006 07:07PM

Beeeej
I think he was joking.

I considered that but you never know. If my trivia is correct, Anheuser Busch wanted to rename Sportsman's Park as Budweiser Park (or Stadium) in 1953 and the league said no. They settled on Busch Stadium.

Date: November 22, 2006 07:12PM

nyc94
Beeeej
I think he was joking.

I considered that but you never know. If my trivia is correct, Anheuser Busch wanted to rename Sportsman's Park as Budweiser Park (or Stadium) in 1953 and the league said no. They settled on Busch Stadium.
...and then promptly introduced Busch beer in order to get the brand name tie in. Still, Busch Stadium sounds better than Budwieser Stadium/Park and you can plausibly forget that it's a product name.

Date: November 22, 2006 10:30PM

KeithK
nyc94
Beeeej
I think he was joking.

...and then promptly introduced Busch beer in order to get the brand name tie in. Still, Busch Stadium sounds better than Budwieser Stadium/Park and you can plausibly forget that it's a product name.

And I'm less bothered by the Busch Beer tie in because the company owned the team. If Citibank wants to buy the Mets I wouldn't care what they called the stadium - or the team. We could move towards the Japanese practice of naming the teams for the owners rather than the cities.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 23, 2006 04:59AM

Like the Red Bulls?

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2006 01:23PM

Japanese ball parks have kneepad-wearing beer girls (their term) from competing breweries who strap mini-kegs to their backs and come right to your aisle. It's not exactly a tea ceremony they perform, but it's more than just some guy flippig the lid off a platic bottle of Bud and dumping the contents into a plastic cup.

Date: November 28, 2006 08:08AM

billhoward
Japanese ball parks have kneepad-wearing beer girls (their term) from competing breweries who strap mini-kegs to their backs and come right to your aisle. It's not exactly a tea ceremony they perform, but it's more than just some guy flippig the lid off a platic bottle of Bud and dumping the contents into a plastic cup.

They also hand out stuffed animals to any player who hits a home run and don't cheer at all except in designated fan sections. Not sure we want to go the way of Nihon-no beisubaru. innocent

Posted by: jnachod (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 30, 2006 06:38PM

This year's ECAC finals will take place at the Times Union Arena, not the Pepsi Arena as in recent years.

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/your_news/capital_region/default.asp?ArID=200726

Date: December 30, 2006 08:34PM

[elf.elynah.com]

- Steve Worona

Date: December 30, 2006 10:11PM

jnachod
This year's ECAC finals will take place at the Times Union Arena, not the Pepsi Arena as in recent years.
This year's tourney will take place at the Knickerbocker arena, same it has for several years now.

Date: January 02, 2007 12:50PM

KeithK
jnachod
This year's tourney will take place at the Knickerbocker arena, same it has for several years now.

Agree completely.

Re: More corporate stadium names - and bowl games
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2007 03:56PM

The bowls this year include these sponsors:

(Presented by) Citi
Allstate ex-Nokia
AT&T
Capital One
FedEx
Outback
Tostitos
Tostitos
Toyota

Rose Bowl presented by Citi
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
FedEx Orange Bowl
Allstate ex-Nokia Sugar Bowl
Capital One Bowl
Toyota Gator Bowl
AT&T Cotton Bowl
Outback Bowl
Tostitos BCS Championship

I believe that's the list of the majors. It's hard to see a national championship built around Tostitos.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2007 11:25PM

Same place I saw a Rush concert in '91 when it was almost brand new.

As a side note, I went with a hometown friend who was going to RPI. It was the only time I ever visited him. He visited me a bunch of times and eventually transferred to Cornell. I think the 5:1 guy:girl ratio at RPI outweighed the fact that the bars in Troy were open until 4:00 AM.
drunk

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 03, 2007 01:20AM

cth95
I think the 5:1 guy:girl ratio at RPI
drunk

the fact that it was in troy wasn;t enough? Potsdam aint much... but it beats troy hands down. and our ratio is 3:1

Date: January 03, 2007 07:06AM

Dpperk29
cth95
drunk

the fact that it was in troy wasn;t enough? Potsdam aint much... but it beats troy hands down. and our ratio is 3:1

I am sure that Troy vs. Ithaca was one of a few key factors. I was half-kidding (but not totally ;-) )with that last post.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: January 03, 2007 11:35AM

Dpperk29
cth95
drunk

It is about 3:1 at RPI now also. FWIW, it was about 43:1 in my entering class. :-/

Date: January 03, 2007 07:59PM

ursusminor
Dpperk29
cth95
drunk

It is about 3:1 at RPI now also. FWIW, it was about 43:1 in my entering class. :-/

I should have stuck with my plan to go to vet school. Ten years ago most vet schools were up to 70% female and that has only grown from what I have heard. :-)

Date: January 18, 2007 09:56AM

I didn't see it mentioned here but it seems the deals are getting less impressive in the smaller markets. Salt Lake City's Delta Center is now the EnergySolutions Arena as of November 20, 2006. That might be cool if they were in the wind farm business but EnergySolutions processes low level nuclear waste. Proposed nicknames include the ChernoBowl, JazzMat, the Fallout Shelter, the Melta Center, and Radium Stadium.

[www.nytimes.com]

And I also missed the December 7, 2006 renaming of the Orlando Arena as the Amway Arena. Amway founder Richard DeVos owns the Orlando Magic. The arena had been the TD Waterhouse Centre.

And in case you missed it, Yankee Stadium is getting the 2008 All Star Game. No grand send offs planed for Shea as of yet.

Date: January 18, 2007 10:45AM

nyc94
And I also missed the December 7, 2006 renaming of the Orlando Arena as the Amway Arena. Amway founder Richard DeVos owns the Orlando Magic. The arena had been the TD Waterhouse Centre.

"Here's the great part -- you don't have to actually buy a ticket. All you have to do is get five friends to agree to buy tickets."
- Florida Sports Broacasting Professional Who Shall Remain Nameless

- Steve Worona

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: January 18, 2007 12:00PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
KeithK
jnachod

Agree completely.
Actually, it's the Times Union Center, not Arena. I just listened to Ken Schott of the Schenectady Gazette (a competitor of the Albany Times Union) discussing "Puck at the TUC". looking

Date: January 18, 2007 04:54PM

ursusminor
Jeff Hopkins '82
KeithK
jnachod

Agree completely.
Actually, it's the Times Union Center, not Arena. I just listened to Ken Schott of the Schenectady Gazette (a competitor of the Albany Times Union) discussing "Puck at the TUC". looking

Puck the TUC. It's the Knick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login