Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Broadcast info: for those Unable to go to Albany

Posted by Rita 
Broadcast info: for those Unable to go to Albany
Posted by: Rita (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 11:58AM

from the ECACHL website [www.ecachockeyleague.com] :

Broadcast Information
Can't make it to the game? The two semifinals and championship final will be televised nationally by CSTV. CSTV is available on various cable outlets and with extended packages on select satellite systems. CSTV is on DirecTV (channel 610) and The Dish (channel 152). Check with your local cable or satellite providers for more information and to see if you get CSTV.
You can also listen to all four games online, courtesy of WEOS Radio. Go to www.WEOS.org and click on the listen link on game day. Special thanks to WEOS for once again providing us with an online home for our broadcasts! WEOS is a non-commercial, public radio station licensed to Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, N.Y.

=========
I thought last year they did a live webcast of the semi-finals. According to this release, that isn't happening, presumbably because CSTV is also carrying the semi-finals.

Thanks to everyone who provided detailed posts of the Clarkson games. I was at Asilomar-Pacific Grove for a conference and knew something was up when, by 6:30 (PST)/dinner I didn't have a phone message with the game score. The evening sessions were tough wondering what was going on in the OT session.

LGR

Re: Broadcast info: for those Unable to go to Albany
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 01:20PM

Rita
I thought last year they did a live webcast of the semi-finals. According to this release, that isn't happening, presumbably because CSTV is also carrying the semi-finals.
I thought I read somewhere that if CSTV were telecasting a game it would also be available through All-Access. Wasn't the Harvard game at Lynah on the web?

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 01:22PM

The Harvard game at Lynah was already on the web through All-Access because it was a home game.

Date: March 13, 2006 01:44PM

Liz '05
The Harvard game at Lynah was already on the web through All-Access because it was a home game.
Well, here's what the PR blurb encouraging us to subscribe to All-Access had to say:

"For the first time, the All-Access pass will include live streaming video that will include dozens of home events as well as contests televised by College Sports Television (CSTV)."

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 01:53PM

Meanwhile, basketball fans get the entire NCAA tournament streamed. Free. CBS thinks it can make money. Bet it streams better than All-Access.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:38PM

billhoward
Meanwhile, basketball fans get the entire NCAA tournament streamed. Free. CBS thinks it can make money. Bet it streams better than All-Access.

Economy of scale. More people will connect to the stream of the worst rated squeak game than the combined number of all of those that will attend, watch, or listen to any psrt of any game in the NCAA hockey tourny.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:42PM

Trotsky
Economy of scale. More people will connect to the stream of the worst rated squeak game than the combined number of all of those that will attend, watch, or listen to any psrt of any game in the NCAA hockey tourny.
While it may suck that the misplaced priorities of American sports fans mean that I can't get free tournament streaming or broadcast TV coverage, it also means that I can get tickets for the regionals and FF at reasonable prices on short notice. Seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:50PM

billhoward
I'll bet the strategy is to get people hooked on the product, and in '07 or '08 they'll be charging for it. That's the strategy they used with their fantasy sports game.

Posted by: HeafDog (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:31AM

KeithK
Trotsky
While it may suck that the misplaced priorities of American sports fans mean that I can't get free tournament streaming or broadcast TV coverage, it also means that I can get tickets for the regionals and FF at reasonable prices on short notice. Seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

I totally hear ya, Keith, but it still isn't a lot of fun getting blank stares when you explain to people that you're going through some great effort to catch a college hockey game. Also, watching the ECACs or NCAAs in half-empty (half-full, whatever) arenas isn't that great, either. I think I'd rather pay, what, twice as much for the ticket, in exchange for the Pepsi Center being sold out this weekend. It would make for a more exciting atmosphere.

Posted by: Rita (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 11:18AM

HeafDog
KeithK
Trotsky

I totally hear ya, Keith, but it still isn't a lot of fun getting blank stares when you explain to people that you're going through some great effort to catch a college hockey game. Also, watching the ECACs or NCAAs in half-empty (half-full, whatever) arenas isn't that great, either. I think I'd rather pay, what, twice as much for the ticket, in exchange for the Pepsi Center being sold out this weekend. It would make for a more exciting atmosphere.

Or the stares you get when you tell people you were up to 2 am listening to a 5 OT hockey game between Yale and Union (who?). I think they are looking for a straight jacket for me ;-)

Date: March 14, 2006 11:47AM

Rita
HeafDog
KeithK
Trotsky

Or the stares you get when you tell people you were up to 2 am listening to a 5 OT hockey game between Yale and Union (who?). I think they are looking for a straight jacket for me ;-)
No, that just adds to the fun. It's our little secret. Who cares if te world thinks I'm insane? I know I'm not (well, sort of).

I'd rather have a mostly full rink and available tickets for dedicated fans than a full rink with tickets difficult to come by (like it is in squeakball).

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 06:20PM

Sunnyvale's got big antennas, surely they could pick up some CSTV this weekend....

Date: March 14, 2006 07:02PM

Ack
Sunnyvale's got big antennas, surely they could pick up some CSTV this weekend....
Honest Major, turning the Blue Cube's antennas toward the Direct TV satellite is critical to national security...

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 08:41PM

KeithK
It's our little secret. Who cares if te world thinks I'm insane? I know I'm not (well, sort of).
That's what they all say, now come take your medicine.

Date: March 16, 2006 08:15PM

Looks like the semifinal will be on All-Access:

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 03:44PM

just something of note, the consy will not be televised on cstv

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.esf.edu)
Date: March 17, 2006 04:58PM

Anyone getting no sound from the WOES broadcast of the Dartmouth-Harvard game? It acts like it's playing (no connection errors from WMP), but there is just no sound.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 17, 2006 05:21PM

whrb.org has the harvard feed.....

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.esf.edu)
Date: March 17, 2006 05:36PM

Thanks. I figured it out after reading a bit further. Why does Harvard seem scary right now with another goal to go up 3-0 a minute into the second?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 17, 2006 05:41PM

Travis 02
Thanks. I figured it out after reading a bit further. Why does Harvard seem scary right now with another goal to go up 3-0 a minute into the second?

Because they're the undead. That is, until NCAAs.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 17, 2006 06:11PM

This is really bad...5-0 in favor of Sucks, and it is only the second period. Dartmouth can just roll over and go home already. stupid

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 06:42PM

Does anybody know if this will be on the local Time Warner station in Ithaca?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login