Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

colgate video status

Posted by A-19 
colgate video status
Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:23PM

is there a complaint e-mail for cstv webcasts? any chance of getting some cash back?

Re: colgate video status
Posted by: MattShaf (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:27PM

cash back.....ha!
let's just hope they fix the streaming problem for the start of the second.

Posted by: Avash (---.whtmrs01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:31PM

video appears to be working

Date: February 03, 2006 07:34PM

Still jumping but much better than before

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:41PM

Avash '05
video appears to be working
I was about to report the same thing but waited a minute and video went out again.

What do you want to bet there'll be a crystal clear basketball webcast at 8pm?

Date: February 03, 2006 07:41PM

i guess the guy working the camera doens't have much to do

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:48PM

I am in CA...video just not working that great. I have my laptop connected to a landline 100 Mbps but the image is still breaking up. Audio goes in and out, too. :-(

Date: February 03, 2006 07:50PM

Audio is steady (running on the other computer)
VIdeo is completely out again. Let's hope they took it off line to reboot the feed and the server.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 03, 2006 07:55PM

I'm at work with High speed connections. I tuned in ~ 5 min into the game and it was choppy, I thought it was because I also had other applications open and was scrolling through ELF. Then I saw that I was not alone.

Apparently they have not worked out all the bugs. Pre-2nd period skate choppy and audio cut out. I could live with the choppy video, just keep the audio straight.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:03PM

CU at Stanford
I am in CA...video just not working that great. I have my laptop connected to a landline 100 Mbps but the image is still breaking up. Audio goes in and out, too. :-(
See, there's your problem: You need a gigabit connection to minimize local congtention. It's your own darn fault. CSTV will probably make that point if you complain.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:05PM

I'm listening to audio on the second PC with my back to the TV/PC. "Sawada .... scores!!!!" Jason exclaims, I turn around, and of course it's frozen video showing a couple guys milling around at center ice. All I have for my trouble is whiplash.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:06PM

billhoward
CSTV will probably make that point if you complain.
Now let's be fair: the stream quality is sucking ass at the moment, but CSTV has been nothing but courteous when I call, which is admirable when they've already had to listen to 100 other irate Cornell fans bitching at them. :)

Kyle

Re: colgate video status - CSTV complaint desk
Date: February 03, 2006 08:06PM

CSTV.com Customer Support Contact Info

If you do not see an answer to your question or problem in our Customer Support and FAQ section, or have further questions, comments, or suggestions for us, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or on our toll-free Customer Support hotline:

E-mail:
customerservice@website.cstv.com <- not sure if you need the "website" part or if that's only to identify where you found the CustSvc address

Toll-Free Customer Support Hotline:
1-866-259-8973

Re: colgate video status - Karnak speaks
Date: February 03, 2006 08:11PM

Karnak holds envelope to forehead.

"Frozen Four."

"The answer is 'Frozen Four,'" Ed McMahaon repeats. "And reveal for us the question, O Karnak?"

(Karnak glares.)

"What is the status of Cornell Webcast the last couple minutes?"

Date: February 03, 2006 08:18PM

6 min left in 2nd
4x4 then 25sec pp for cu

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:24PM

I really wish Cornell cared because they are the ones I blame for this crappy service. Colgate does video and audio for free and I can't remember ever having a problem with their services. For shame. ;-)

Any idea if the archived video will be complete?

Date: February 03, 2006 08:25PM

I was thinking of calling it a night after 2 periods and catching the last period on delay.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:37PM

billhoward
I was thinking of calling it a night after 2 periods and catching the last period on delay.

Bill, that's crazy talk and you know it! Wine is keeping me calm through this insane video experience. Will the archived video be complete or will the first period and most of the second be nonexistent?

hoops video status
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.8.55.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:37PM

Of course the basketball video is nice and clear. (cornell 38-23 over dartmouth at the half).

Date: February 03, 2006 08:38PM

the archived video is not up for several days, iirc

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:40PM

Brown's tied H@@@@@@ on the first shot of the third period.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:41PM

I watched the SLU(t) game at 11:00 PM right after it was over. It was the most problem-free feed I have had yet (not to mention an amazing effort by the Red). Perhaps because it was archived and not live?

Date: February 03, 2006 08:43PM

Al DeFlorio
Brown's tied H@@@@@@ on the first shot of the third period.
Oops. That's been corrected. Gametracker lied, and it's still 1-0 H.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:45PM

It really sucks that I am getting horse from swearing at the computer instead of from cheering for the team.

Posted by: AFever (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 08:52PM

I called the desk to complain (and she already knew what I was calling about) and they read what sounded like a prepared statement...saying the reason for the problem was the feed from Cornell and basically that it is Cornell's fault for not giving them a better feed.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:53PM

No, really, I'm going to ... actually, no I'm not. I did go the next morning replay route last week when we had a local hockey fundraiser to go to Saturday night. Video quality was fine.

Re: hoops video status
Date: February 03, 2006 08:55PM

I just checked also. Crystal clear feed, Cornell up 41-25. Sheesh, did CSTV send the A-Team cameras to the wrong hall?

Date: February 03, 2006 08:57PM

AFever
I called the desk to complain (and she already knew what I was calling about) and they read what sounded like a prepared statement...saying the reason for the problem was the feed from Cornell and basically that it is Cornell's fault for not giving them a better feed.
Nice try, ma'am. Tell her the basketball game is being played next door -- a couple hundred feet farther away from California, in case distance is an issue <g> -- and the feed is just dandy.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:59PM

billhoward
AFever
Nice try, ma'am. Tell her the basketball game is being played next door -- a couple hundred feet farther away from California, in case distance is an issue <g> -- and the feed is just dandy.

For the first time all night, I've had five straight minutes of working video and audio.

Date: February 03, 2006 08:59PM

You jinxed it! :)

Posted by: AFever (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 09:00PM

And you had to say something and jinx it for the rest of us. :-)

Date: February 03, 2006 09:00PM

so is the video back up?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2006 09:02PM

no

Date: February 03, 2006 09:03PM

krose
You jinxed it! :)

Seriously. Tubas!

Date: February 03, 2006 09:11PM

That was a real useful 10 minutes on hold before hearing Bertha tell me what the customer support desk has been telling the others - it's the feed from the university that's at fault, not CSTV. She had no information or insights on why the basketball feed from next door was crystal clear. And she said it's not her department to discuss accommodations for bad feeds but maybe I could send a note via email to - er - customer service. I asked her how she'd feel if she were the one trying to watch the game and she said she can't give out personal information.

Date: February 03, 2006 09:13PM

What now - woofing gods of webcast feeds?

Date: February 03, 2006 09:14PM

Yes. Wait, no, it's gone. Sheesh. I hear Cornell scored a couple goals tonight. Must have been pretty to see.

Date: February 03, 2006 09:16PM

billhoward
That was a real useful 10 minutes on hold before hearing Bertha tell me what the customer support desk has been telling the others - it's the feed from the university that's at fault, not CSTV. She had no information or insights on why the basketball feed from next door was crystal clear. And she said it's not her department to discuss accommodations for bad feeds but maybe I could send a note via email to - er - customer service. I asked her how she'd feel if she were the one trying to watch the game and she said she can't give out personal information.
What you're implying is absoltely right. Even if it's Cornell's fault, that's not your problem: that's CSTV's problem because you have a contract with CSTV, not with Cornell, so if Cornell is giving them a bad feed, it's their responsibility to fix it.

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: February 03, 2006 09:26PM

I've been reading a book by JD Power VP Chris Denove called "Satisfaction," out this month. It's a bit lightweight but the point is crystal clear and hammered home by examples of how lousy service kills companies. Power uses a term "assassins" to describe unhappy customers who go to any length to get even when they're ticked about customer service. Chilling. He contrasts those companies with Lexus that had a non-safety-related problem that affected 2 of their first 7000 cars and Lexus went to each customer's home with a new loaner lexus, returned the car the next day fixed, detailed, and gassed up, with a thank you gift in the front seat. Now it's the leading luxury seller.

Somebody send a copy to CSTV.

Date: February 03, 2006 09:36PM

billhoward
I've been reading a book by JD Power VP Chris Denove called "Satisfaction," out this month. It's a bit lightweight but the point is crystal clear and hammered home by examples of how lousy service kills companies. Power uses a term "assassins" to describe unhappy customers who go to any length to get even when they're ticked about customer service. Chilling. He contrasts those companies with Lexus that had a non-safety-related problem that affected 2 of their first 7000 cars and Lexus went to each customer's home with a new loaner lexus, returned the car the next day fixed, detailed, and gassed up, with a thank you gift in the front seat. Now it's the leading luxury seller.

Somebody send a copy to CSTV.
They don't care anymore. They've already sold the network.

Date: February 03, 2006 10:41PM

The new owners ough to care even more or they'll be blown out by some other startup that does. Mercedes and Cadillac were sitting fat, dumb, and happy before Lexus came along ... now they're behind Lexus and BMW.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 10:46PM

So where's Mr. Dust to explain to us what the heck was doing on tonight?

Date: February 03, 2006 10:54PM

He's on the postgame thread.

Posted by: bill (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: February 04, 2006 07:47AM

I jsut noticed that there is voting for the Hobey Baker at www.hobeybaker.com canpt we hlep our boys out an let everyone know how to vote,

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 04, 2006 08:20AM

looking at the schedule, it shows a video link for tonights game. Is there really going to be a webcast for tonight's game from colgate, or is this just a mix=up?

Date: February 04, 2006 08:31AM

Cornell says the opposite, ie no webcast video, where I look:

>>>[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]
Game #23: 
Faceoff: Saturday, Feb. 4 at 7 p.m
Site: Starr Rink (2,246), Hamilton, N.Y.
Radio: WHCU 870 AM, Jason Weinstein (play-by-play)
Television: National - ESPNU (DirecTV Channel 609); Local - Time Warner Channel 26
                 Mark Larson (play-by-play), Danny Liedka (analysis)
Gametracker: Available at www.CornellBigRed.com, free
Live Audio: Cornell All-Access, Available at www.CornellBigRed.com, subscription
Live Video: None

2005-06 Records: Colgate (15-6-5, 11-2-1 ECACHL); Cornell (14-4-3, 9-3-2 ECACHL)
Series Record: Began in 1920-21, Cornell leads 62-53-9
Last Meeting: Feb. 5, 2005 - Cornell 2, Colgate 2, OT (Ithaca, N.Y.)
Last Cornell Win: Feb. 4, 2005 - Cornell 1, Colgate 0 (Hamilton, N.Y.)
Last Colgate Win: Jan. 31, 2004 - Colgate 2, Cornell 1 (Hamilton, N.Y.)
Series Streak: Cornell - 1 win, 1 tie

Date: February 04, 2006 08:50AM

Archived video of first Colgate game is available. Quality seems OK--except it starts with 4:03 remaining in the first. help

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.unwired-grad.wm.edu)
Date: February 04, 2006 09:37AM

[allaccess.cstv.com]

looking there is where i get hope that the game will be webcasted. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but since ESPN bought CSTV (right?), i thought maybe they were throwing us a bone.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2006 09:40AM by DisplacedCornellian.

Date: February 04, 2006 09:51AM

DisplacedCornellian
Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but since ESPN bought CSTV (right?), i thought maybe they were throwing us a bone.
Wasn't it CBS that bought them?

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.unwired-grad.wm.edu)
Date: February 04, 2006 09:54AM

right you are, Al. Hmmph. There goes my hope.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 04, 2006 12:16PM

DisplacedCornellian
right you are, Al. Hmmph. There goes my hope.

Well, there still is some. They pulled the NESN feed for the QU game. I don't think there's any connection there, so it seems like they're not against pulling feeds from unconnected networks. But of course they had to there, because it was a home game and we were promised all home games.

I guess its possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Just get your butt to your local watering hole... or get satellite.

Date: February 04, 2006 12:34PM

DisplacedCornellian
http://allaccess.cstv.com/media/school_epg.jsp?sid=700

looking there is where i get hope that the game will be webcasted. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but since ESPN bought CSTV (right?), i thought maybe they were throwing us a bone.

ESPN is buying the feed from Time Warner, I thought, so CSTV could be doing the same for the webcast.

Quality of wrestling webcast
Date: February 04, 2006 03:02PM

Today's wrestling webcast vs. Columbia was essentially perfect. No choppiness at all. No rebuffering at all. No missed audio at all. And replays. A complete contrast with what we've been getting from Lynah. I really wish someone would explain to us why the hockey video webcasts are so consistently awful in terms of quality.

Re: Quality of wrestling webcast
Date: February 04, 2006 03:11PM

Al DeFlorio
Today's wrestling webcast vs. Columbia was essentially perfect. No choppiness at all. No rebuffering at all. No missed audio at all. And replays. A complete contrast with what we've been getting from Lynah. I really wish someone would explain to us why the hockey video webcasts are so consistently awful in terms of quality.

Yeah, the webcast was awesome but I believe that the webcast was really a CSTV production that will be replayed on television Tuesday evening (10pm?).

As usual, I really enjoyed the "off-air" comments made by the announcers during "commercial breaks."

Posted by: mikee293 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 04, 2006 03:18PM

Does anyone know if the game will come in on Cornell cable? I know it comes in on the local Ithaca town cable, but I don't know anyone who has that.

Also, will Cornell be showing the game somewhere, like at RPCC or something?

Basically I would like to know how I can watch the game without having to fork over money for CSTV. Thanks :-)

Date: February 04, 2006 03:21PM

mikee293
Does anyone know if the game will come in on Cornell cable? I know it comes in on the local Ithaca town cable, but I don't know anyone who has that.

Also, will Cornell be showing the game somewhere, like at RPCC or something?

Basically I would like to know how I can watch the game without having to fork over money for CSTV. Thanks :-)

Worst case scenario: Just go to Bear Nasty's, hop on a chair, and change the channel of the TV above the vending machines. The game is on Ch 26.

Re: Quality of wrestling webcast
Date: February 04, 2006 03:59PM

atb9
Yeah, the webcast was awesome but I believe that the webcast was really a CSTV production that will be replayed on television Tuesday evening (10pm?).
Thanks. Yes, you're right. I hadn't noticed that broadcast before, probably because we'll be traveling that night. They'd have been better off doing tomorrow's meet with Hofstra.

Date: February 06, 2006 07:33PM

so i sent a complaint email to cstv about the colgate broadcast:
[Q] Subject: frozen cornell videos

dear sir or madam,

i have been a cstv customer since october, and i have unfortunately been
disappointed month after month with the video product. i use cstv streaming
video to watch cornell university ncaa hockey, and the video is
consistently choppy or, like this evening, unavailable. i would like to
know what cstv plans to do in order to compensate individuals like myself
who are not getting what they paid for.

sincerely,

mike rosenberg [/Q]

i received the following very unhelpful reply:

[Q] Dear Mike,

Thank you for sending your email.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We experienced a temporary technical problem that interfered with the feed for that game. If you continue to experience difficulty please visit our Technical Troubleshooting FAQs by clicking the following link, or call our Customer Support department at 1-866-259-8973 so we can do some troubleshooting.

[allaccess.cstv.com]

Thank you again for taking the time to write!

Sincerely,

gs, CSTV.com Support [/Q]

i know people have said cstv customer svc sucks, but this just irritates me beyond belief. the nerve to say it's a technical error on MY part! have other people received similar responses?

-mike

Date: February 06, 2006 08:05PM

I got the same crap.

[Q]Subject: RE: Cornell vs. Colgate video
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:58:52 -0500
From: "MLBAMCS, CustomerService" <CustomerService@website.mlb.com>
To: "Adam Brown" <cuatb9@xxxxx.com>

Dear Adam,

Thank you for sending your email.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We experienced a temporary technical problem that interfered with the feed for that game. If you continue to experience difficulty please visit our Technical Troubleshooting FAQs by clicking the following link, or call our Customer Support department at 1-866-259-8973 so we can do some troubleshooting.

[allaccess.cstv.com]

Thank you again for taking the time to write!

Sincerely,

gs, CSTV.com Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 7:35 PM
To: MLBAMCS, CSTV
Subject: Cornell vs. Colgate video

I am extremely disappointed with your self-proclaimed "most advanced streaming product."

Audio is working but I could have listened to the Colgate streaming audio for free.

Maybe you should start the video at least 15 minutes before the start of the game so that:

1) We can see pregame introductions, and\
2) you can work out any kinks, which you obviously have, before the game begins.

Please, please, fix your service. It is amazing how poor your product is and from comments made by other fans, I now find that this is a recurring problem that has not been addressed.

Best Wishes,
Adam Brown[/Q]

Where do we go from here? Flaming bags of poo? Sand in the gas tank?

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2006 12:22AM

Has anybody considered, or tried, asking their credit card to chargeback?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: February 07, 2006 09:06AM

Beeeej

Beeeej

yes, in my reply to the above message

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: February 07, 2006 09:25AM

A-19
Beeeej

yes, in my reply to the above message

I assume that you mean you asked CSTV to refund your fee; that's different. They're perfectly entitled to say "no," and likely will. A chargeback is when you call the credit card you used to pay initially, tell them you feel you did not get what you paid for and have gotten no satisfaction from the vendor, and ask them to investigate and reverse the charge.

Even if they ultimately side with CSTV, maybe knowing people are willing to go to that length will wake CSTV up a little to the importance of actually providing what they're paid for.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login