Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Ohio State, November 1

Posted by jtwcornell91 
Cornell at Ohio State, November 1
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: October 14, 2002 10:00AM

I just heard from the ticket office this morning that CU-OSU tickets are in and selling for $11 a piece. (I ordered two in the back of the section.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Cornell at Ohio State, November 1
Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: October 14, 2002 02:32PM

So I just ordered two tickets and then found out that the person I was going with isn't going. Uhhh... Hey Melissa, you still want a ride to Columbus? (And a ticket?)

(Or anyone else?)

Posted by: JordanCS (---)
Date: October 14, 2002 11:32PM

I've had my tickets for a little while now, and I am so pumped. They were purchased from the OSU box office, so they're not in the visitor's section, but I may try and sneak over there. It'll be my only CU game this year.

Jordan

Date: October 15, 2002 12:39AM

Please do join us; it sounds like the Cornell contingent will be relatively small, so we should try to get as much of it as we can together to start up cheers, etc.

It's a real bummer the York game is Sunday and not Saturday, or I would probably be driving up to that with a Canadian colleague.

Date: October 15, 2002 10:48PM

Does anyone know if the pep band will be joining us in Columbus?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: October 16, 2002 12:53AM

Jordan Steele '01 wrote:

Does anyone know if the pep band will be joining us in Columbus?
As far as I know, they won't; there's a home football game against Princeton the next day, and the commute sure would be a bitch.

(Chris? Definitive answer?)

Date: October 16, 2002 01:05AM

The guy at the ticket office said the band wasn't supposed to take any roadtrips before January. Of course, he also said they were mostly doing Ivy League games, so it's not like he's a terribly reliable source.

Any chance of an alum band? Five trombones and a french horn, anyone?

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: October 16, 2002 03:38AM

Better we should focus on cheering and not embarrass ourselves. :-D

Sorely tempted to make the trip if I can leave early Friday afternoon, see the whole game, and make it back by early Saturday afternoon... somebody convince me!!

Beeeej

Date: October 16, 2002 06:41AM

If we could get clearance to play, I'm a drummer, and I'm sure I could procure a snare drum for the game.... ;)

Date: October 25, 2002 07:49AM

I think a snare drum alone would be useful for things like starting "Davy" and leading "Let's Go Red" cheers.

It's the WCHA and not the CCHA that doesn't let visiting teams bring bands, right?

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 25, 2002 09:12AM

[Q]It's the WCHA and not the CCHA that doesn't let visiting teams bring bands, right?[/Q]

Bastards...but if it's a band of one...how much trouble could he cause? :-D :-D :-D

Posted by: RichS (---)
Date: October 25, 2002 10:52AM

Really? Whats the problem with those westerners? rolleyes

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: October 25, 2002 12:50PM

It could be because western bands, at least Minny and Wisco, are enormous. But then again they play in those ungodly 10,000 seat puck-is-a-pinprick barns, so I have no idea what their problem is.

Date: October 27, 2002 01:27PM

Is it too early to start planning pre- or post-game gatherings? I should be hitting town between 17:30 and 18:00 if all goes well.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 08:28PM

It's never too early. However since I'm driving and picking up friends in Cleveland, I'll probably get there close to gametime. I know the local Alumni Assoc. was supposed to be featuring this as one of their events so they might have something arrainged. I'll try and find out.

Posted by: adamw (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 10:57AM

If anyone wants a ride to Columbus, from any point between there and Philadelphia, let me know. Maybe that will help someone be able to make it who otherwise wouldn't.

Contact me at columnist@uscho.com

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: October 29, 2002 11:22AM

Adam Wodon wrote:

If anyone wants a ride to Columbus, from any point between there and Philadelphia, let me know. Maybe that will help someone be able to make it who otherwise wouldn't.

Contact me at columnist@uscho.com
And if said someone needed a ticket, I have a spare that I'm willing to sell below face value if it's to a Cornell fan.

Posted by: curoadkill (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 03:46PM

I'm driving out from Ithaca tomorrow. Any tips on directions or weather? It seems like it could be snowy along the lake and even down to Columbus. I'm hoping to also be back in Ithaca for the football game, so I'm corssing my fingers about the weather.

Also to respond to the questions way back about the band. The band will be at the following hockey games:
Harvard
Brown
Colgate
Princeton
Yale

The Dartmouth/UVM weekend is out because it conflicts with the @Columbia football game. The North Country is VERY over break and the SAFC didn't give us money for the Captial District.

Last year eveything worked in our favor big time. The schedule and SAFC smiled down and allowed the band to only miss 3 ECAC games all season.

Posted by: mha (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 03:56PM

How much money is needed for an away weekend?

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 04:02PM

Yeah, how much is needed for you NOT to play Macho Man. . . help

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 05:31PM

Because Beeeej will definitely chip in for that.

Posted by: mha (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 05:34PM

I wondered...

How much money is needed for an away weekend?

According to an inside source, last year's Capital District weekend cost the Pep Band $2335... or at least that's what was budgeted for that road trip.

Now we know.

Posted by: melissa (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 06:46PM

wow. I'm actually surprised that it is only that much (not that i have that kind of cash) considering the # of people and the fact that it is an overnight stay.

Date: October 31, 2002 10:50PM

Well, I've been sitting here in Columbus all week, and I'll be getting to the game around 6:30 if all goes well. I'll try and spot you all....I'll be wearing my Nieuwendyk Cornell jersey, so if you see me, say hello! I may try and switch over to the CU section, but you'll have to accept my girlfriend into the section, and she'll be wearing an OSU jersey... :)

GO RED!

Jordan

Date: October 31, 2002 11:24PM

Why would she want to come to the CU section?....Oh, wow, this must be serious.

Injury report for OSU
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 07:12AM

Schafer is quoted in today's Sun: 'We have a lot of injuries that we sustained. There's probably four guys who will be out of our lineup who were in our lineup against York." Moulson is the only one mentioned by name.

Re: Injury report for OSU
Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 07:51AM

Maybe Schafer should re-think the yearly Canadian exhibitions. Injuries seem to be a theme.

Date: November 01, 2002 08:20AM

Jim, she'd want to come to the CU section since I'm there...she certainly won't be cheering for Cornell. Good thing too...I'd be pissed if she was that disloyal to her alma mater. Plus, she'll get a lot less hostility from you guys than I'll get sitting in the middle of a bunch of OSU fans.

Jordan

Re: Injury report for OSU
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 09:55AM

I heard that Moulson may need 3 weeks to heal. Nothing definite though.

Hopefully we see him on the ice next weekend, but if he's not ready, he obviously shouldn't be rushed. No need to push a freshman (or pretty much anyone,for that matter) through an injury.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 10:57AM

So... here's the obvious question...

who are the other three?

Date: November 01, 2002 11:13AM

I would guess Kozier, who apparently took a bad hit. We had all three goalies suited, right, so that's another albeit not injury (Marr or Chabot). Hey, I wasn't at York, so that's all I can do from afar. :-)

Posted by: Adam '04 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 11:50AM

Kozier? That is funny. laugh He isn't even on the team.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 12:23PM

I guess he means Abbott, and darn it, I forgot which one took the hit. I believe it was Cam.

We also played with 7 D-men on Sunday night, so maybe the mysterious 4 includes one being shifted out of the rotation tonight.

Posted by: Adam '04 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 01:13PM

It was #14, Cam Abbott.

Date: November 01, 2002 07:10PM

Well, you hafta admit, Kozier will not be dressed. nut

Posted by: jason (---)
Date: November 02, 2002 08:33PM

For those who don't visit the USCHO bulletin board, here are some interesting excerpts from posts by Ohio State fans:

"Congrats to the Big Red on their win, and it was great to see all the Cornell fans who made the trek. I would bet there were nearly as many of them as there were Buckeye fans."

"For last nights game. OSU played pretty good but they were put physically to the test and lost that battle. Cornell came in and every time I saw they finished there checks."

"I do have one last comment. Since the Value City Arena opened I have missed what the Cornell Fans brought last night. They were into it. They know the cheers. OSU has a lack luster attendance and no student section the loudest times during the game are actually when they are throwing out Frisbees for pizza between periods."

"last night [Ohio St. goalie] Betz was taking a lot of heat when down by the Cornell section. OSU didn't have anything to come back with."

"Last night, I witnessed a group of road fans out cheer the home team."

"I think that Cornell's physical play knocked the Bucks off their game. Cornell was dishing out some brutal hits and the Bucks didn't hit much at all. I think the Bucks have tried to move to a quick paced game, - shoot the puck up the ice to be tipped into their end by a wing waiting for the puck, then chase. That works great if all the players are moving to the puck, but when they are getting hit, they aren't moving to the puck. Something else we noticed last night, was that it seemed that we weren't getting anyone in front of the net. Everyone was cycling around and behind the net, but it was rare that anyone was in front and in position to get the pass. There were exceptions to this, but for most of the night, the front of the net was controlled by Cornell.... Oh - and the [Cornell] goalie - he was good. He was very good."

Date: November 24, 2002 07:42PM

I just realized that the Cornell Alumni in Columbus have posted some pictures from that game. [caaco.alumni.cornell.edu]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login