Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2006-7 Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2006-7 Schedule
Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: May 25, 2006 06:11AM

DeltaOne81
ursaminor
RPI has released its schedule [www.rpiathletics.com] RPI is playing SLU, not Cornell, in the Freakout!

Well we *are* there the second to last Saturday, which was the basis for the speculation. Whats the reason for changing the Freakout timing?!? I know... they're just chicken :-P

The Freakout! has been on other weekends in the past, however recently it seemed to have settled down to the same weekend. Here is the history courtesy of Kurt Stutt: [www.augenblick.org]. As to being afraid of Cornell, RPI did take 3 of 4 points last year, although clearly Cornell had the superior team.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2006 11:19AM

DeltaOne81
ursaminor
RPI has released its schedule [www.rpiathletics.com] RPI is playing SLU, not Cornell, in the Freakout!

Well we *are* there the second to last Saturday, which was the basis for the speculation. Whats the reason for changing the Freakout timing?!? I know... they're just chicken :-P
Redhawks, chickens, same difference. :-}

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: May 25, 2006 05:32PM

DeltaOne81
ursaminor

It's tempting to make a snotty comment about them not wa nting to break their whatever-year-long unbeaten streak, but it isn't as if Cornell would have busted it up last year, at least. :`(

Edit: Ursa beat me to it. ;-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2006 05:33PM by Trotsky.

Re: 2006-7 Schedule - why Cornell isn't Freakout opponent
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2006 04:57AM

Trotsky
DeltaOne81
ursaminor

It's tempting to make a snotty comment about them not wa nting to break their whatever-year-long unbeaten streak, but it isn't as if Cornell would have busted it up last year, at least. :`(

There's little mystery to it:
a) Cornell is the tougher opponent in most years, recent results notwithstanding
b) Freakout more or less fills the RPI blimp hangar and so does Cornell, so RPI makes them separate events

Date: May 26, 2006 05:42AM

billhoward
Trotsky
DeltaOne81
ursaminor

a) Cornell is the tougher opponent in most years, recent results notwithstanding
b) Freakout more or less fills the RPI blimp hangar and so does Cornell, so RPI makes them separate events
The first statement is true, but how does one explain recent Freakout! games vs. Clarkson if the reason is to increase attendance at poorly attended games?

Just for the record, although it is widely rumored that the HFH was once a blimp hangar, indeed that is what I heard when I was a student, it actually had a more mundane first life as a Navy warehouse in Rhode Island [www.lib.rpi.edu].
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2006 05:43AM by ursaminor.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2006 11:03AM

ursaminor
billhoward
Trotsky
DeltaOne81
ursaminor

The first statement is true, but how does one explain recent Freakout! games vs. Clarkson if the reason is to increase attendance at poorly attended games?

Just for the record, although it is widely rumored that the HFH was once a blimp hangar, indeed that is what I heard when I was a student, it actually had a more mundane first life as a Navy warehouse in Rhode Island [www.lib.rpi.edu].

Right. The shape is wrong for everything except low-rider blimps. Some people who've heard of its origin expect to see a huge corrugated aluminum half-tube, since Davisville, RI, from whence it came, is also the nearest town to the Quonset Point Naval Air Station.

(Boy, are we grasping at straws waiting for the red-white game. Or is white-red game? Maybe that merits its own thread ... )

Re: Dumb Question - bump
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: June 29, 2006 04:34PM

Have the OOC games been announced?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2006 04:34PM by Ben Rocky 04.

Re: Dumb Question - bump
Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: June 29, 2006 04:41PM

There's info about who we're playing in this thread:
[elf.elynah.com]

I haven't seen actual dates for the games.

RIT...Maybe
Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 29, 2006 09:19PM

RIT announced their schedule and a trip to Ithaca is listed for October 28th. Oddly, in the press release there is no mention of Cornell being one of the Tigers' OOC opponents.

[www.ritathletics.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 03:32PM by ithacat.

Posted by: schoaff (---.endlessloopsoftware.com)
Date: July 28, 2006 10:28AM

Will the iCal calendar be updated to reflect this year's schedule?

Posted by: las224 (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2006 08:41PM

Does anyone know when the Florida games will be? I want to start looking for flights now so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices like last year when I waited till late November to get them.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2006 11:53PM

las224
Does anyone know when the Florida games will be? I want to start looking for flights now so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices like last year when I waited till late November to get them.

CHN says its the 29th and 30th: [www.collegehockeynews.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 07, 2006 09:49AM

Chris '03
las224

CHN says its the 29th and 30th: [www.collegehockeynews.com]

That's what the season schedule Greg posted says too. I hope so as I already bought my tickes ;)

Btw, for hotels I'm usually a big fan of Priceline's bidding, but for Florida in December it hasn't worked so great.

However, Hotwire, which doesn't show the name of the hotel until you buy, had a great deal on their 2.5 star (on a 1-->5 scale) category in Ft Myers for that time frame.

Posted by: las224 (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2006 10:56PM

That's weird that it's on a Friday/Saturday, isn't it?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: August 08, 2006 09:51AM

las224
That's weird that it's on a Friday/Saturday, isn't it?
If I recall, they try to have it on the weekend every year unless it directly overlaps the holiday, in which case it gets moved to the middle of the week. Personally I prefer it on the weekend.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.16.200.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 08, 2006 06:21PM

They've usually had it on Sat-Sun when it's been on the weekend, not Fri-Sat. I can't see them getting great attendance for the Friday day game. (Not that the attendance is ever "great";)

Posted by: las224 (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2006 11:59PM

Just annoying b/c this year it's so close to New Year's that if I go, I'd prob be spending New Year's in Florida, which wouldn't be that much fun. We'll see, I suppose.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 10, 2006 11:08AM

[Q]Just annoying b/c this year it's so close to New Year's that if I go, I'd prob be spending New Year's in Florida, which wouldn't be that much fun. We'll see, I suppose.[/Q]

Ummm... your IP lookup says you're in Tampa.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2006 11:08AM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: August 10, 2006 01:53PM

DeltaOne81
[Q]Just annoying b/c this year it's so close to New Year's that if I go, I'd prob be spending New Year's in Florida, which wouldn't be that much fun. We'll see, I suppose.[/Q]

Ummm... your IP lookup says you're in Tampa.
Who says las224 is having fun right now?

Posted by: las224 (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2006 07:51PM

I'm finishing up an internship in Sarasota for the summer. The nice thing is, my work has offered me a beachfront condo for a week if I want to come on vacation down here this winter. However, for New Year's, I'd prefer to be up north with all my closest friends.

Maybe I can drag them all down here for a beach party?

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 10, 2006 10:05PM

las224
I'm finishing up an internship in Sarasota for the summer. The nice thing is, my work has offered me a beachfront condo for a week if I want to come on vacation down here this winter. However, for New Year's, I'd prefer to be up north with all my closest friends.

Maybe I can drag them all down here for a beach party?

Sarasota, huh? We have a place on Siesta Key, one of the most incredible beaches I have ever walked on. Did you get a chance to visit?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2006 10:06PM by Drew.

Posted by: jaybert (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: August 11, 2006 11:58AM

so when are @harvard tickets going on sale? :P

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2006 09:06PM

Siesta Key was GORGEOUS. Absolutely loved it. The only other beach around that even came close was Longboat Key (a little bit north).

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: September 12, 2006 09:58AM

Anyone tried looking for the schedule on the official athetics website? They are still showing showing the following:

2005 - 06 Men's Ice Hockey Tentative Schedule and Results
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

My goodness -- not only is it last season's schedule, but it also is last season's "Tentative" schedule. You'd think that by this point you'd be able to say what happened last season. Thank goodness for this thread and USCHO otherwise how would I figure out whether I can attend particular games?

LGR!

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: September 12, 2006 01:36PM

But I bet the wrestling site is meticulously updated.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: September 12, 2006 05:33PM

French Rage

Snark all you want, but it would've taken you about five seconds to find out that it's not:

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: September 12, 2006 06:02PM

Beeeej
French Rage

Snark all you want, but it would've taken you about five seconds to find out that it's not:

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

They have, however, updated their roster...as has the lacrosse team. (Note: The roster is updated as of tonight...thank you.)

Speaking of lacrosse, thanks to [westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com] and USHR, I learned that laxman Tommy Schmicker was a pretty good youth hockey player. Tommy, who's listed as 6'4" & 225, was pretty good in the 2002 Select 15 Festival -- coming out ranked ahead of 3 players who have been selected in the NHL draft and numerous others who currently play in big-time college programs. Too bad Tommy wasn't a d-man.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2006 11:16PM by ithacat.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 13, 2006 09:55AM

crodger1
Anyone tried looking for the schedule on the official athetics website? They are still showing showing the following:

2005 - 06 Men's Ice Hockey Tentative Schedule and Results
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

My goodness -- not only is it last season's schedule, but it also is last season's "Tentative" schedule. You'd think that by this point you'd be able to say what happened last season. Thank goodness for this thread and USCHO otherwise how would I figure out whether I can attend particular games?

LGR!

If us cheap SOB's paid $100 not $50 a year for Big Red sports webcasts then Cornell would have enough to money to improve the site ... maybe. Did President Skorton say anything about the quality of the Cornell sports site in his inaugural message, or did he stick to the tired old themes about academic excellence and a place for anybody in any course of study? Priorities, man.

Date: September 13, 2006 12:50PM

billhoward
If us cheap SOB's paid $100 not $50 a year for Big Red sports webcasts then Cornell would have enough to money to improve the site ... maybe. Did President Skorton say anything about the quality of the Cornell sports site in his inaugural message, or did he stick to the tired old themes about academic excellence and a place for anybody in any course of study? Priorities, man.

"You paid $50 last year for a service that was unreliable, nonrefundable, and far inferior quality to what you used to get for free. Pay $100 for it this year - and it might improve!"

Somehow I'm doubtin' that.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: September 13, 2006 01:25PM

Beeeej
French Rage

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

So: incompetent, but not biased. I feel better. help

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 13, 2006 01:40PM

Trotsky
Beeeej
French Rage

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

So: incompetent, but not biased. I feel better. help
Looking at the web site and the way the less than competent AD handles many things, does anyone still wonder why we never try to host an NC$$ regional?

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 13, 2006 06:42PM

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]
banana banana banana banana

The roster is up. Still waiting on the schedule
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2006 07:27PM by redhair34.

Date: September 15, 2006 02:34PM

There is now a "Cornell Hockey 2006-07" calendar available on Google Calendar, for those who use it (and those who don't really should - it's wondrous and marvelous). Just do a search for "Cornell hockey" and it'll come up, then click on "Add Calendar." All games will then automagically insert themselves into your calendar view, in a different color than your personal calendar items.

(I'm not the one to thank... anybody want to take credit?)

- Steve Worona

Date: September 15, 2006 03:46PM

Beeeej
There is now a "Cornell Hockey 2006-07" calendar available on Google Calendar, for those who use it (and those who don't really should - it's wondrous and marvelous). Just do a search for "Cornell hockey" and it'll come up, then click on "Add Calendar." All games will then automagically insert themselves into your calendar view, in a different color than your personal calendar items.

Very cool. And you can change the color to red. :-)

Date: September 15, 2006 05:18PM

Trotsky
Beeeej

Very cool. And you can change the color to red. :-)

Indeed that's the very first thing I did. :-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 16, 2006 04:59AM

I entered the all the Cornell games (and all the EHC Eisbären Berlin home games) into Evolution months ago. :-}

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: September 22, 2006 01:44PM

jtwcornell91
Evolution

Er?

Date: September 23, 2006 09:51AM

Trotsky
jtwcornell91
Evolution

Er?

[www.gnome.org]

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 24, 2006 06:22PM

Excellent. I already use Google calendar and was waiting for the eLynah iCal update :-)

Re: 2006-7 Schedule -why thursday at colgate?
Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: September 26, 2006 02:58PM

I was looking at the schedule and noticed the Colgate game dates. Does anyone know why the away Colgate game is on a THURSDAY, 1/25? This surely is not being done to improve class attendance at Colgate. Do any conspiracy theorists or creative thinkers have any idea about this odd timing?

-Will

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2006 03:06PM

WillR
I was looking at the schedule and noticed the Colgate game dates. Does anyone know why the away Colgate game is on a THURSDAY, 1/25? This surely is not being done to improve class attendance at Colgate. Do any conspiracy theorists or creative thinkers have any idea about this odd timing?

-Will

FWIW, it says 1/26 on USCHO

Date: September 26, 2006 03:09PM

WillR

-Will

It's been done Thursday/Saturday before (2003 comes to mind), though I don't remember the reasoning.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: September 26, 2006 04:21PM

WillR
If they're doing it in an attempt to reduce Colgate fan drunkenness at the game, it will fail: don't these administrators know that the weekend starts on Thursday night? ;-)

Cheers,
Kyle

Posted by: RabidSewerRat (---.caltech.edu)
Date: September 26, 2006 04:24PM

Today's article in the Ithaca Journal mentions that there were last minute changes to avoid conflicts with the women's team schedule. I suppose that could be why.

[www.ithacajournal.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 26, 2006 04:35PM

French Rage
WillR

-Will

It's been done Thursday/Saturday before (2003 comes to mind), though I don't remember the reasoning.
Driving home in the snow after that bullshit overtime goal and going to work the next day was NOT fun. :-(

Date: September 26, 2006 04:58PM

jmh30
French Rage
WillR

-Will

Driving home in the snow after that bullshit overtime goal and going to work the next day was NOT fun. :-(

Actually, that year there wasn't snow. There was in '02 and '04, but '03 I don't recall any.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 26, 2006 10:09PM

French Rage
jmh30
French Rage
WillR

-Will

Actually, that year there wasn't snow. There was in '02 and '04, but '03 I don't recall any.

Whether there was snow or not, I thought the goal was good. I swear I saw it go in just under the post and bound right back out. But, who knows.

Date: September 27, 2006 11:04AM

WillR

Whatever the reason, it eliminates anybody who comes in from out of town for a weekend.

Date: September 27, 2006 11:07AM

DeltaOne81
French Rage
jmh30
French Rage
WillR

-Will

Whether there was snow or not, I thought the goal was good. I swear I saw it go in just under the post and bound right back out. But, who knows.
Maybe FR is right about the snow, though I thought there was. My recollection is that Lenny was interfered with on the goal.

Date: September 27, 2006 11:08AM

krose
If they're doing it in an attempt to reduce Colgate fan drunkenness at the game, it will fail: don't these administrators know that the weekend starts on Thursday night? ;-)

I haven't been to Starr for about 15 years; is it really an exceptionally bad / drunken atmosphere? I used to go to games there in the early 90's, and in fact went to a few non-Cornell games with a Colgate friend. Sat in the student sections. The fans were really loud and pretty lewd, but they weren't any drunker than the crowds at say the Gut or Thompson.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 27, 2006 11:34AM

Trotsky
krose

I haven't been to Starr for about 15 years; is it really an exceptionally bad / drunken atmosphere? I used to go to games there in the early 90's, and in fact went to a few non-Cornell games with a Colgate friend. Sat in the student sections. The fans were really loud and pretty lewd, but they weren't any drunker than the crowds at say the Gut or Thompson.

Absolutely. The Colgate student fans present for the Cornell @ Colgate games for the past three years have to be the worst I've seen in ECACHL hockey. (Admittedly, this is only over seven years of watching ECAC[HL] hockey, so your mileage may vary.) They have absolutely no problems with throwing things, like slices of pizza, at the Cornell fans. Their cheers are at best boring and at worst, at least in one instance, borderline homophobic. Colgate's student fans on that night are the worst college hockey has to offer.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: September 27, 2006 12:28PM

Hello kettle, this is pot.

Most of our cheers are borderline homophobic as well, for the record. I'm not sure if thats a valid reason to criticize anyone else's fans.

Date: September 27, 2006 01:37PM

Ben Rocky 04
Hello kettle, this is pot.

Most of our cheers are borderline homophobic as well, for the record. I'm not sure if thats a valid reason to criticize anyone else's fans.

The difference being even if we're a little crude, we're still there for the teams and the game, and can let things drop once the game is over. The Colgate fans, for the most part, probly dont give two shits about their team and are just there to cause trouble.

Date: September 27, 2006 03:22PM

French Rage
The Colgate fans, for the most part, probly dont give two shits about their team and are just there to cause trouble.

The students, perhaps. There used to be a huge townie contingent (the "woodchuck" -- a sort of snowy redneck) who were great fans, and really knew and appreciated the history of their team and the game. In the 80's, if you saw a Colgate hat at the ECACs 9 times out of 10 it was a townie fan who at least claimed to have hoisted brews with Terry Slater.

Date: September 27, 2006 09:12PM

Trotsky
French Rage
The Colgate fans, for the most part, probly dont give two shits about their team and are just there to cause trouble.

The students, perhaps. There used to be a huge townie contingent (the "woodchuck" -- a sort of snowy redneck) who were great fans, and really knew and appreciated the history of their team and the game. In the 80's, if you saw a Colgate hat at the ECACs 9 times out of 10 it was a townie fan who at least claimed to have hoisted brews with Terry Slater.

Yes, I should have prefaced my comments with that, I meant just the students.

2006-7 Schedule - It's official
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 28, 2006 11:49PM

Earlier messages did not explicitly point out that the schedule has officially been released.
Press release [cornellbigred.cstv.com]
Listing [cornellbigred.cstv.com]

CSTV will Broadcast Harvard @ Cornell 11/10
Posted by: redhair34 (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: October 04, 2006 10:29PM

I don't think it's been mentioned here but CSTV will again carry the home game against Harvard...let's just hope history doesn't completely repeat itselfuhoh

[www.cstv.com]

Date: October 17, 2006 07:03AM

ursaminor
KeithK
nyc94
David Harding
Hockey does go to Florida over winter break. And it's one of the few teams that has to at least consider the possibility of multiple post-season games.

For some reason I had temporarily forgotten about Florida. Probably because we go every year it doesn't stand out. Are we locked into this thing in perpetuity?
We are the co-host, so yes we're "locked" into it. I don't know if there's a contract or anything but I suspect we will continue as long as it's somewhat successful and continues to attract good teams.
I heard a rumor about two years ago that RPI will be at the Florida tourney in 07-08, however these things have a habit of changing over a period of several years. If RPI is going, there goes the run of "good teams". :-/

To set the record straight, it looks like RPI is going to a different Florida tourney. From the RPI Alumni website:

RPI to Participate in the College Hockey Classic Tournament in Tampa Bay, Fla., Dec. 29-30, 2007
Participants for next year's tournament are scheduled to be RPI, Notre Dame, Colorado College, and UMASS-Amherst. The NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning has begun hosting an NCAA tournament at the St. Pete Times Forum in anticipation of hosting the 2012 Frozen Four. Mark your calendars for next year and plan to join us!

Date: October 17, 2006 11:43AM

ursaminor
To set the record straight, it looks like RPI is going to a different Florida tourney. From the RPI Alumni website:

RPI to Participate in the College Hockey Classic Tournament in Tampa Bay, Fla., Dec. 29-30, 2007
Participants for next year's tournament are scheduled to be RPI, Notre Dame, Colorado College, and UMASS-Amherst. The NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning has begun hosting an NCAA tournament at the St. Pete Times Forum in anticipation of hosting the 2012 Frozen Four. Mark your calendars for next year and plan to join us!

So, does this mean there will be two college hockey tournaments on the West Coast of Florida at the same time? screwy

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: October 17, 2006 12:12PM

jtwcornell91
ursaminor

So, does this mean there will be two college hockey tournaments on the West Coast of Florida at the same time? screwy

With the NHL venue and marketing, I'm sure the one that we're involved with will be viewed by the media as the "undercard." Also, I bet Notre Dame will be seen as the heavy favorites, followed by UMass.

Date: October 17, 2006 12:21PM

RichH
jtwcornell91
ursaminor

With the NHL venue and marketing, I'm sure the one that we're involved with will be viewed by the media as the "undercard." Also, I bet Notre Dame will be seen as the heavy favorites, followed by UMass.
What, you mean the numerous members of the Florida hockey media?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 12:35PM

jmh30
RichH
jtwcornell91
ursaminor

What, you mean the numerous members of the Florida hockey media?
Bizarrely enough, the most diligent Florida hockey media I've seen has been in Ft. Myers/Estero. Their sports page is almost entirely dedicated to hockey, or has been the few times in December I've looked at it. The truth is there isn't much sportsish going on down there except that Everblades team.

Date: October 17, 2006 01:03PM

jtwcornell91
ursaminor

It did sound weird to me also.

The other thing is that I originally heard that RPI would be going to Florida in 07-08 during the summer of 2004. At that time, Tampa Bay had not yet been awarded the Frozen Four, so it would seem odd that a tourney would be scheduled there.

Re: 2006-7 Schedule - It's official
Date: October 30, 2006 04:06PM

I'm just now noticing that the Wayne State games are listed as 8pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday, not 8pm Friday and 4pm Saturday as the Google Calendar someone prepared has been indicating all this time. I'm going to assume that the official website listing that says Saturday/Sunday is correct, but I'm also contacting the ticket office to be certain.

Did anybody ever actually own up to creating the Google Calendar?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: October 31, 2006 11:29AM

Beeeej
I'm just now noticing that the Wayne State games are listed as 8pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday, not 8pm Friday and 4pm Saturday ...
Well that's annoying to say the least since I've been planning all along as though it was Fri and Sat. USCHO had it as Fri and Sat (which is the schedule that I had been relying on), but I see that Athletics website has it Sat and Sun. I'll have to check the tickets at home --although those things have their share of typos, so maybe a call to the ticket office is in order. If I get a moment later in the day I'll call and post what I'm told.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: October 31, 2006 11:32AM

ursusminor
someone else
ursaminor
Something
A response
A rejoinder
When did you go from ursa to ursus? And why?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2006 12:03PM

For the record, my schedule was correct. Just saying...

Date: October 31, 2006 12:23PM

ugarte
ursusminor
someone else
ursaminor
Something
A response
A rejoinder
"ursa" is a female bear. "ursus" is a male bear. (Or would that be "baer"? :-P)

Date: October 31, 2006 12:43PM

I've confirmed with Gene, the games are Saturday and Sunday.

I'll check the USCHO schedule, and if they still have it wrong, I'll notify them.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Avash (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2006 12:53PM

It's correct here as well - [www.collegehockeynews.com]

Date: October 31, 2006 12:53PM

Josh '99
ugarte
ursusminor
someone else
ursaminor
Something
A response
A rejoinder
"ursa" is a female bear. "ursus" is a male bear. (Or would that be "baer"? :-P)
Exactly. Several years ago, I started using "ursaminor" as login name on various boards because 1. "ursa" is Latin for bear and "Baer" (really "Bär";) is German for bear, and 2. "minor" is Latin for little (or small or ...) and I am short. A while back, it was brought to my attention, perhaps by someone from this board, that "ursa", like "alumna", is a female form. Until Age recently made it easy to change login names, it wasn't worth the trouble to change things.

BTW, it's real tough to determine the sex of a bear from a few stars in the sky, even without all the light pollution in a city. :-D
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2006 12:55PM by ursusminor.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: October 31, 2006 01:38PM

Not that it's in doubt anymore, but whoever answered in the ticket office also says Sat and Sun. Damn you, USCHO! :-(:-P

Posted by: bandrews37 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2006 04:56AM

So Athletics got it right?!?! No!! Say it isn't so!

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login