Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI primer (brackets for dummies): Why #2/#3 Cornell may seed lower

Posted by billhoward 
RPI primer (brackets for dummies): Why #2/#3 Cornell may seed lower
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 02:07PM

Someone skilled at RPI who's sitting around waiting for the Clarkson faceoff might want to explain in Cliff's Notes form what RPI is and why Cornell despite being ranked #2 or #3 in the polls is in danger of not being one of the top four teams in the tournament. Linking them to the bracketology column would be cruel and unusual punishment and not that illuminating for rank novices. (I created a deconstruction of one of the recent columns but decided to hold off on posting; it seemed like beating up on well-intentioned people for no reason other than to inflict pain and suffering on them, even if they do that to the readers every week.)

It might help to explain why Cornell with such a lofty record still isn't perceived as such a powerful (ie top four for postseason) team and what goes into RPI besides how many you won and lost. And it's fascinating thinkyou might improve your chances by losing to teams hovering right around .500. Who's game to explain?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2005 02:11PM by billhoward.

Re: RPI primer (brackets for dummies): Why #2/#3 Cornell may seed lower
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 03:02PM

Polls are irrelevant to the seeding process.
Winning percentage is not the whole story; Cornell has played a weaker schedule than the other top teams, which RPI takes into consideration.
RPI is one part your winning percentage, two parts your opponents' winning percentage and one part their opponents' winning percentage. This is far from the best way to account for strength of schedule, but it's better than nothing.
There is also an adjustment to RPI rewarding teams for winning games against top-15 (according to unadjusted RPI) teams outside their conference. The bonus is greater for wins on the road and less for wins at home.

Do you want the highlights of PWR as well? That's what's actually used to do the seeding, not RPI alone.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 03:06PM

but public perception may be interesting.. the PWR gets beat on every year.. but not knowing the numbers whats the highest ranked team that hasnt rcvd a #1 seed since there are 4 of them.. we are pretty much locked by PWR but its possible that the top 2-3 teams could each lose 2-3 more games before the seedings..

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 03:11PM

I won't link the the bracketology column, but I will link to:

[www.uscho.com] - see the explanation at the bottom

and

[www.uscho.com] - this is well written and not too technical, it explains how PWR is determined, etc.

As for your question, Bill, if Cornell is ranked in the top 4 in the nation in PWR, then they *will* be a number 1 seed by the committee. Now, there is the "quality win" bonus that we don't know the value of, but other than that, what you see if what we'll get.

If you mean why people think we shouldn't be, well, see "strength of schedule".

Posted by: CornellChris (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 05:03PM

Ah, finally! A "for dummies" thread. Now I can finally come out of the closet and admit that for the last few weeks I've been trying to figure out (with little success) what "TUC" stands for. What do those three little letters mean? I've deduced that it's definitely something a team wants to be. You gotta give me credit for that! :)

-"Curious" Chris '03

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 05:04PM

[Q]CornellChris Wrote:

Ah, finally! A "for dummies" thread. Now I can finally come out of the closet and admit that for the last few weeks I've been trying to figure out (with little success) what "TUC" stands for. What do those three little letters mean? I've deduced that it's definitely something a team wants to be. You gotta give me credit for that!

-"Curious" Chris '03
[/q]

Teams under consideration aka teams with an RPI above 0.500
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2005 05:05PM by Jacob '06.

Posted by: CornellChris (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 05:08PM

Teams under consideration aka teams with an RPI above 0.500

It all makes sense now! Many thanks Jacob!

-"No Longer Curious" Chris '03

Posted by: ganderson (---.its.yale.edu)
Date: February 26, 2005 09:41PM

Since we've set up a for dummies thread, when people say 5-3-1 bonus, do they mean
.0005, .0003, .0001
or
.0050, .0030, .0010
?

I'm just not getting the same results everyone else is.

Date: February 26, 2005 09:42PM

The latter - .0050, .0030, .0010

its always in the thousands. Anything higher is just too much, lower is barely anything

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:03PM

so being a TUC is good or bad?

Posted by: finchphil (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:10PM

It depends. We want SLU and Brown to stay as TUCs because we are 4-0 against them and it helps our comparisions.... a lot. There are other teams on the bubble of being TUCs that, if they are TUCs, will help our opponents in the race for a #1 seed.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:13PM

[Q]Dpperk29 Wrote:

so being a TUC is good or bad? [/q]

Good, I suppose. However, it's not necessarily good for already TUC Team A if Team B is also TUC. Since one of the criteria of the Pairwise Rankings is Record vs. TUCs, each team basically wants all its wins to come from TUCs and all its losses to come from non-TUCs. Put more simply: wins against TUCs, good; losses to TUCs, bad.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:17PM

First and foremost, TUC means "Teams Under Consideration". That is, under consideration for the tournament. If you're not a TUC (RPI >= .5000) you can't get an at-large bid (though you can still get a conference auto-bid). So yes, being a TUC is unequivocably a good thing.

Date: February 27, 2005 10:11PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

First and foremost, TUC means "Teams Under Consideration". That is, under consideration for the tournament. If you're not a TUC (RPI >= .5000) you can't get an at-large bid (though you can still get a conference auto-bid). So yes, being a TUC is unequivocably a good thing.[/q]

Conversely, if you get an auto-bid, you automatically become a TUC, even if your RPI is below .500. So root for Canisius or Sacred Heart to win the AH tournament.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 10:23PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

First and foremost, TUC means "Teams Under Consideration". That is, under consideration for the tournament. If you're not a TUC (RPI >= .5000) you can't get an at-large bid (though you can still get a conference auto-bid). So yes, being a TUC is unequivocably a good thing.[/Q]
Conversely, if you get an auto-bid, you automatically become a TUC, even if your RPI is below .500. So root for Canisius or Sacred Heart to win the AH tournament.[/q]

this is something that i have mentioned for months but no one seems to care. things are quite tight in bunches in the rankings...no one seems to think that who gets the bids from aha and cha will change the rankings, but the two teams above doing so would add a win vs tuc for cornell. that would help things :)

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 11:04PM

Thank you, experts, for explaining. There clearly were a number of Ivy-educated RPI-TUC dummies out there who were able to come out of the closet.

Date: February 28, 2005 12:22AM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:

this is something that i have mentioned for months but no one seems to care. things are quite tight in bunches in the rankings...no one seems to think that who gets the bids from aha and cha will change the rankings, but the two teams above doing so would add a win vs tuc for cornell. that would help things[/q]

As far as Record vs. TUCs goes, in addition to helping us, Canisius winning the AH tournament helps North Dakota; Sacred Heart winning the AH tournament helps Ohio State, Colgate, and Vermont.

Posted by: RedAR (66.101.241.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 12:37AM

ok, let me chime in.

why is there a need for TUC at all? wouldn't it make more sense if wins, ties, and losses against all teams should count? wouldn't including all teams somewhat stablize the pwr (ie. brown or slut can't drop out of being a TUC).?

my guess is that it is much more computationally intensive to include all the teams, but then again, any modern desktop computer should be able to run the calculations without breaking a sweat.

what am i missing?

Posted by: Dart~Ben (66.240.10.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 12:46AM

[Q]Will Wrote:
[E]ach team basically wants all its wins to come from TUCs and all its losses to come from non-TUCs. Put more simply: wins against TUCs, good; losses to TUCs, bad.[/q]

AKA the Dartmouth method.
:-D

Date: February 28, 2005 12:49AM

That would mean a win against Colorado College would be worth the same as a win against American International. As much as I hate the Cornell detractors using the weak schedule argument to say that Cornell isn't a real contender, I have to say that there is a real difference there. It's not a matter of computing power.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 12:51AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

As far as Record vs. TUCs goes, in addition to helping us, Canisius winning the AH tournament helps North Dakota; Sacred Heart winning the AH tournament helps Ohio State, Colgate, and Vermont.[/q]

[attempt at understanding PWR without actually looking up anything]
Which means...we're rooting for Sacred Heart, right? Because we win comparisons with Colgate and Vermont that won't be affected by an additional TUC win on their parts; also, the better the ECAC teams are, the better we look (hence, secondary rooting for ECAC teams)? I have no idea how North Dakota or Ohio State would fit in here...
[/attempt]

Next weekend, in the "other scores" thread that seems to have appeared every game day recently, can someone post a (consolidated) list of teams that I want to win and why? I admit to getting all confused, but there seem to be a lot of you out there that understand it all and can create such a list fairly easily.
help

Posted by: RedAR (66.101.241.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 12:52AM

but doesn't strength of schedule take care of weighting wins against stronger teams more than weaker teams?

also, does this mean that a win against slut or brown is pretty much equivalent to a win against DU or CC?

Date: February 28, 2005 01:06AM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:
Next weekend, in the "other scores" thread that seems to have appeared every game day recently, can someone post a (consolidated) list of teams that I want to win and why? I admit to getting all confused, but there seem to be a lot of you out there that understand it all and can create such a list fairly easily.
[/q]
Check yesterday's "other scores" thread. JTW and I have some suggestions for next weekend at the bottom :)

RedAR, yes, it does, yet another flaw of the TUC category. It should probably be weighed within it. Also, to be fair, the same applies to TUC. Someone who goes 2-0 against Princeton and 0-1 against CC - and another team goes 1-0 against Princeton and 0-1-1 against CC - well, that's 2-1 versus 1-1-1 - so the former wins.

Yes, there are issues, definitely.

Date: February 28, 2005 01:06AM

[Q]RedAR Wrote:

but doesn't strength of schedule take care of weighting wins against stronger teams more than weaker teams?

also, does this mean that a win against slut or brown is pretty much equivalent to a win against DU or CC?[/q]

1st question: Because the RPI is a very flawed system and the committee knows this. The RPI was not designed to pick a field all on its own, merely to provide a tool for a committee to use.

2nd question: yes and no. In the case of an ECAC team, a win over DU or CC would be worth more because as a non-conference game vs. a top 15 team (as ranked by the RPI), it would be worth a bonus (of varying amount depending on whether it was home/road/neutral). But if you're talking solely about the TUC comparison, then yes, they would be the same.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 01:09AM

[Q]RedAR Wrote:

also, does this mean that a win against slut or brown is pretty much equivalent to a win against DU or CC?[/q]

RPI weights strength of schedule, albeit poorly as most people on here believe. For the tuck category of PWR, a win against slut or brown is equivalent to a win against DU or CC if all of them are TUCs. Two different components of the comparison treat them differently. I personally would go with the KRACH only system that properly weights strength of schedule and does not have arbitrary cutoffs for comparisons.

Date: February 28, 2005 01:11AM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:
1st question: Because the RPI is a very flawed system and the committee knows this. The RPI was not designed to pick a field all on its own, merely to provide a tool for a committee to use.[/q]
Not sure about this one. I think it was designed to be the main factor, if not the only factor. Luckily, few sports use it that way, and luckily hockey is smart enough to use it even less.

Date: February 28, 2005 08:01AM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:

RedAR Wrote:

[/Q]
1st question: Because the RPI is a very flawed system and the committee knows this. The RPI was not designed to pick a field all on its own, merely to provide a tool for a committee to use.
[/q]

Before 1996, it was used to pick the field, with the other selection criteria used as a "tiebreaker" if two teams were close in the RPI.

AFAICT the reason to have the other selection criteria is to satisfy people who say "How can my team be seeded lower when they beat good teams/beat that team/beat teams that team lost to/are on a winning streak".

Date: February 28, 2005 08:02AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

That would mean a win against Colorado College would be worth the same as a win against American International. As much as I hate the Cornell detractors using the weak schedule argument to say that Cornell isn't a real contender, I have to say that there is a real difference there. It's not a matter of computing power.[/q]

No, it would mean a win against CC and a loss to AIC would be worth the same as a loss to CC and a win against AIC.

Posted by: elliotb (---.uchicago.edu)
Date: February 28, 2005 03:23PM

The TUC business is essentially a "weighted" winning percentage, where a game gets a weight of 1 if it's against a TUC and a weight of 0 otherwise. A natural alternative, which would eliminate the problem of teams popping in and out of TUC status would be to make the weights a continuous function of the opponent's RPI.

On the issue of KRACH...people talk about it as if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's still an estimate of the "true" rankings. Like any other estimate, it is subject to the lack of information available for comparing certain pairs of teams -- like Dartmouth and Wisconsin, as discussed in Adam Wodon's column. Since KRACH fits a statistical model, there should be variance estimates that go with things like the KRACH rating. It seems to me the variance of a team's KRACH rating would be a good measure of how volatile its position in the rankings is. Are those available anywhere?

- Elliot

Posted by: LarryW (---.caltech.edu)
Date: February 28, 2005 03:58PM

Elliot, this is something I've been idly (and by idly, I mean having done no actual work on) thinking about over the last few years. I once tried to at least caluclate a covariance matrix for KRACH, but failed. To measure a variance requires you to define the extent to which the initial knowledge is imperfect. But, to what extent is the W-L-T(1-0-0.5) info of a given game imperfect? 20%, 10%, does it depend on the score? There's a whole new bunch of weighting constraints to work up.

Still such a matrix would be very interesting for other reasons, it would identify the most "important" games of the season, and I'm curious how many there are and how much more important are non-conference games than intra-conference ones?

Posted by: Newman (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 05:24PM

The covariance in KRACH is an interesting problem. I think it's pretty clear that goal scoring shouldn't be a factor; hockey is about win or lose, not racking up the goals - otherwise Cornell would be ranked pretty darn low. The Bradley-Terry underlying KRACH is a logit model, so it shouldn't be difficult to dig into this and find how to do it. It might also be interesting to expand KRACH to a random parameters model, on the premise that teams can sometimes play well or poorly. I'm not sure there's enough information in a season of wins and losses to calculate good parameters, but it's certainly worth some investigation. (As if I need any more projects.)

As for the "[Pairwise] For Dummies" concept that started this thread, I'd offer this basically non-math way to think about the pairwise rankings: The difference between your team (not just Cornell, but basically every team) ranking as number 4, 14, or 24 in the pairwise is based on the quality and skill of your team. The difference between 4 and 5 (a la, "earning a one seed";), or between 14 and 15 (a la, "making the tournament";) is based more on the vagaries of the records of other teams, especially teams with records near .500, even teams which your team did not play this year. This is a principle reason why people complain about this system.

Date: February 28, 2005 05:44PM

Perhaps goals scored should not be a factor, nor margin of victory. But one might allow a bonus for margin of victory up to say 3 or 4 goals and that would decrease the desire to roll up the score to move up the rankings.

The very best sports mathmeticians are not, I bet, on East Hill or at MIT (no offense), but probably in Vegas, because their livelihoods ride on it. And they consider MOV in their rankings of teams but they also shut off victories that are more than X touchdowns or Y basketball points. I think you should not count empty net goals in MOV.

MOV calculations would hurt Cornell unless there was some percentage-MOV, meaning a 2-0 win is more powerful than a 4-2 win.

No one else has mentioned, I don't believe, that Cornell has so few out of conference games it can directly manipulate: two weaklings to start the year, Michigan State (two), then Florida Classic (two more). So for instance that one loss to BC has (I think) an effect on our rankings greater than 1/29 of the games we play.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 05:48PM

[Q]elliotb Wrote:

The TUC business is essentially a "weighted" winning percentage, where a game gets a weight of 1 if it's against a TUC and a weight of 0 otherwise. A natural alternative, which would eliminate the problem of teams popping in and out of TUC status would be to make the weights a continuous function of the opponent's RPI.

- Elliot[/q]

While I agree that weighted is better than 1 or 0, I personally don't like the TUC part of the PWR. Is losing two games to Mich. Tech but winning two from Wisc. (2-0 vs. TUCs) really better than losing two to Wisconsin and winning two from Mich. Tech (0-2 vs. TUCs). Perhaps if we need to include a concept like TUC, it should be each team's wins vs. TUCs and losses vs. non-TUCs. Just as a win vs. a good team is better than a win vs. a weak team, it seems like a loss to a bad team should carry more weight than a loss to a good team (preferably using weighting as described above, but using 1-RPI for losses). However, as the ECAC has more non-TUCs than say the WCHA, there would be more chances for non-TUC losses, so this would not in general be good for the ECAC (although it would be excellent for us this year).

Date: February 28, 2005 06:01PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

two weaklings to start the year, Michigan State (two), then Florida Classic (two more). [/q]

You forgot our Thanksgiving "weakling", Canisius.

Posted by: LarryW (---.caltech.edu)
Date: February 28, 2005 06:17PM

I am not saying goals should be a factor in the rating. But if you want to ask the question, "What does it mean that Podunck U is ranked #10 with a rating of 369.9 and State U is ranked #11 with a rating of 361.6," then you need to know something about whether that ratio is meaningful. If those two teams had played 1000 games against each other, you might conclude that the difference was significant (in the scientific sense). If those two teams have each played 10 games, against very different competition, you might conclude differently. If those two teams are North Dakota and Ohio State in the 2004-05 season, you might want to quantify if that difference has any significance or not.

Now, how do you do that? I'm suggesting that a game won 6-1 might have more information in it, than one won 2-1. Maybe. Not in a "determine the rating" kind of way, but maybe in a "How definitive are the ratings" kind of way. Writing that, I see a very slippery slope here, so perhaps not. But, I throw it out there anyway.

Date: February 28, 2005 06:32PM

[Q]LarryW Wrote:

To measure a variance requires you to define the extent to which the initial knowledge is imperfect. But, to what extent is the W-L-T(1-0-0.5) info of a given game imperfect? 20%, 10%, does it depend on the score?[/q]

What you're suggesting is considerably more complicated than what I had in mind. I was taking for granted that each game is a 1/0 outcome -- plus ties, of course. The Bradley-Terry model is based on that assumption, so if you question that, you're off thinking about different models.

My point was just that within the context of the existing model you can calculate standard errors for the parameter estimates and use them to get things like confidence intervals for the KRACH ratings. Even something as simple as a graph of 95% confidence intervals for each team's KRACH rating would give a nice picture of which teams are truly different and which are statistically indistinguishable.

Date: February 28, 2005 09:41PM

Wait, wasn't Bradley-Terry the GOP/Bible Belt bill trying to keep Planned Parenthood from advising girls under 18 ... in the belief that with no contraception, they'd stay celibate?

Date: February 28, 2005 09:45PM

All this discussion might, just might, in some small way move the NCAA to think about more sophisticated statistical means of comparing teams. A columnist trolling these forums gets a column idea ... the column gets printed ... someone helps read the big words to them and evetually the NCAA gets religion.

Once you start to use a statistical rating as part of the bid-selection process, you (NCAA) kind of has to ask whether there's a better statistical tool. But like Detroit automakers, the NIH (not invented here, so it can't be any good) syndrome probably holds forth.

Date: February 28, 2005 10:20PM

A Vegas spread is not based on what the bookie thinks the margin will be. It's based on what the bookie thinks will get even betting on both teams. The difference might be small, but there is a difference.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 11:46PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

All this discussion might, just might, in some small way move the NCAA to think about more sophisticated statistical means of comparing teams. A columnist trolling these forums gets a column idea ... the column gets printed ... someone helps read the big words to them and evetually the NCAA gets religion.

Once you start to use a statistical rating as part of the bid-selection process, you (NCAA) kind of has to ask whether there's a better statistical tool. But like Detroit automakers, the NIH (not invented here, so it can't be any good) syndrome probably holds forth. [/q]I don't know what you are talking about, Bill. Adam has been begging the NCAA to use KRACH from his USCHO pulpit for a long time. If you'll notice, there is a link to KRACH on the site AND a current analysis singing its praises.

I am giving myself a three day moratorium on responding to your posts before you start thinking I am obsessed.

We have now gone way beyond "for Dummies"
Date: March 01, 2005 01:23AM

The english version:

KRACH is not a holy grail of rankings. It may be slightly better than pairwise, but a season of about 30-35 games per team doesn't conclusively prove who's the best, or what the overall rankings should be. So when there are apparent "major" aberrations, such as Dartmouth ranked 9th in Pairwise but 24th in KRACH, these differences are not really that huge, since the differences between adjacent teams in the rankings are miniscule. In fact, any objective ranking criteria that would get the teams in an order that is anything close to reasonable would probably be mathematically unrejectable.

Put another way, the existence of KRACH does not prove Pairwise as invalid. There is a season length, probably on the order of hundreds of games per team with plenty of inter-conference play, when KRACH would invalidate Pairwise, but the actual college hockey season doesn't meet that criteria.

This is, in part, why we have playoffs. Every college hockey team but one (the cellar-dweller of Hockey East) makes their conference playoffs, and thus has one last opportunity to win out and be national champions. Therefore, people should treat the playoffs as we did when we got Mankato in the first round two years ago; the system may hand you tough opponents or easy ones, but you've got to be able to beat any team on any day.

The mathematical version:
(If you don't know what the standard error of the estimate is, you won't lose anything by stopping now)
I've figured out the necessary transformations to get a covariance matrix for KRACH. Since KRACH is a purely ratios system, it isn't possible to get a variance/covariance matrix for the whole league at once. This is solved for the scores themselves by arbitrarily setting the average to 100, but it doesn't work so neatly for variance, so I set Cornell's variance to zero and let all other teams vary compared to us. I've posted an excel workbook at [pubweb.northwestern.edu] that has most of the data, including covariance tables and hessians.

To sum up the results of the analysis, all at a 95% confidence level:

> Teams 1-15 in KRACH have a statistical claim on being #1 at a 95% confidence level (which, ignoring the fact the KRACH has little to do with tournament selection, makes having a 16 team tournament rather an auspicious size).
> Cornell has a statistically significant better rating than all teams from #30 SLU downwards at a 95% confidence level
> The standard error of the estimates are relatively consistent across teams, although it's smaller for WCHA teams, probably due to longer schedules and more in-conference play. WCHA covariances with other teams are also notably smaller.
> Generally the 95% confidence interval will allow teams to move up or down roughly 15 ranks on the list, or a little more towards the middle of the pack, although this isn't constant across teams.
> It looks like the most important games for a team are the ones played against others close to them in rank, whether in conference or not.

KRACH with 95% Confidence Intervals

Rank	Team			KRACH	Lower 	Upper
1	ColoradoCollege  	954.75	218.30	4175.70
2	Denver           	794.61	188.06	3357.42
3	Minnesota        	601.30	147.85	2445.53
4	Wisconsin        	557.28	132.53	2343.28
5	BostonCollege    	520.47	135.92	1992.94
6	Michigan         	519.19	129.15	2087.12
7	Cornell			479.60	n/a	n/a
8	NewHampshire     	417.49	109.83	1587.00
9	BostonUniversity 	397.14	105.27	1498.20
10	NorthDakota      	370.03	91.44	1497.41
11	OhioState        	361.70	89.71	1458.27
12	MassLowell       	315.65	82.24	1211.51
13	Maine            	284.07	78.32	1030.37
14	Harvard          	279.72	78.48	996.93
15	NorthernMichigan 	276.75	71.24	1075.04
16	MinnesotaDuluth  	227.32	57.31	901.66
17	Northeastern     	206.09	55.53	764.77
18	AlaskaAnchorage  	204.62	48.98	854.76
19	Colgate          	204.19	58.17	716.74
20	MichiganState    	203.56	55.36	748.57
21	MinnesotaState   	201.81	49.60	821.04
22	Vermont          	186.25	54.23	639.72
23	StCloudState     	184.26	46.08	736.74
24	Dartmouth        	183.34	51.41	653.83
25	NebraskaOmaha    	164.22	42.21	638.91
26	BowlingGreen     	159.41	41.18	617.09
27	MichiganTech     	144.17	34.60	600.75
28	Miami            	136.63	35.54	525.18
29	AlaskaFairbanks  	126.27	31.57	505.11
30	StLawrence       	114.36	33.29	392.78
31	Brown            	107.66	29.86	388.17
32	BemidjiState     	92.67	22.91	374.87
33	WesternMichigan  	92.28	23.47	362.91
34	FerrisState      	82.78	21.24	322.61
35	Massachusetts    	81.78	20.80	321.50
36	LakeSuperior     	81.40	21.30	311.13
37	AlabamaHuntsville	78.64	18.85	328.06
38	Providence       	69.97	18.05	271.27
39	Clarkson         	51.62	14.43	184.71
40	NotreDame        	50.32	12.33	205.38
41	Union            	48.10	13.20	175.24
42	Rensselaer       	44.57	12.38	160.40
43	Niagara          	43.21	10.89	171.40
44	Merrimack        	41.68	10.56	164.50
45	WayneState       	38.77	9.96	150.96
46	Princeton        	34.47	8.93	133.06
47	AirForce         	21.23	4.99	90.36
48	Yale             	18.40	4.23	80.05
49	Quinnipiac       	16.78	3.77	74.81
50	HolyCross        	15.78	3.66	68.10
51	Canisius         	14.76	3.35	65.06
52	Mercyhurst       	12.45	2.79	55.60
53	RobertMorris     	12.34	2.83	53.76
54	SacredHeart      	10.36	2.28	47.14
55	Connecticut      	8.04	1.85	35.00
56	Bentley          	4.94	1.06	22.93
57	Army             	3.96	0.81	19.33
58	AmericanIntl     	2.58	0.51	13.10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 12:16PM by Newman.

Posted by: puff (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 01:38AM

Impressive looking, but to be completely honest its been too long since i took stats freshman year. It all just kinda blew over my head. Hopefully given some more time i'll sort this out, i feel slow on the uptake these dayssnore

-tewinks
stupid

Whooooooooosh
Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 08:42AM

What I got out of Newman's post:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blah

Can't you talk about something really useful, like the motion practice aspects or fourth amendment implications of KRACH, or something? :-O

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 08:52AM by Beeeej.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 09:52AM

What I got got out of the last part of Beeeej's post:
blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
amendment blah blah KRACH
blah blah

:-P nut

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: March 01, 2005 10:28AM

Once you start to consider such factors as goal differentials, you introduce a host of new assumptions. And before you can start to sort these out, you need to decide what the various rating systems are intended to do. Are they an index of some abstract notion of team strength or quality? Or perhaps the likelihood of getting a W on any given night? Whatever the purpose, there are a lot of contextual subtleties that won't be picked up by any index as now constructed or by any attempt to incorporate information on goal differences. Hypothetical example: Two Western teams play a bombs-away goal fest and end with a score of 8-7. Cornell cranks out its usual 2-1 type of ECACHL win the same night. If these two sets of teams played each other ten times, how likely would it be for the outcomes (winning team) to be the same? I'd guess that the Western teams would be more likely to have .500 records in such a series, while Cornell would be more likely to have a record better than that, because the one goal differential is the result of the system they play. To the extent that there are differences in teams' style of play and that these differences result in different margins of victory, it's not clear that incorporating goals for/against information isn't going to do anything other than add another systematic source of error to the pot. Perhaps adding an interaction of "goals for/against ratio" x win% to a logit model might help, but I'm not sure this goes far enough.

Re: Whooooooooosh
Date: March 01, 2005 11:19AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

What I got out of Newman's post:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blah

Can't you talk about something really useful, like the motion practice aspects or fourth amendment implications of KRACH, or something?

Beeeej[/q]This is unacceptable. Finals are months away and you are a 3L.

That said, John, please help translate what Newman said...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 11:24AM by ugarte.

Re: We have now gone way beyond "for Dummies"
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 11:37AM

Seems like an awful lot of variance, esp. at the top (CC could have a 4k rating? Wow!) Maybe we need to lower the confidence level somewhat, at least to 90%. I guess it does sort of follow though. If a team like Wisconsin (#4) can manage to tie Yale (#48) then there certainly is a lot of variance in the actual play of the teams, which should be reflected in the variance of the rankings.

Date: March 01, 2005 11:49AM

The confidence interval of an estimate is that range of values that we cannot say have a statistically significant difference from the estimate. (In this case using the fairly common .05 level of significance. Hence 1 - .05 =.95 or 95%.) Newman says that the top 15 teams are within the confidence interval for the score of the #1 rated team, which means that none of their KRACH ratings are statistically different from that for the #1 team. So, setting the number of teams participating in the NCAA tournament at 16 is good practice, since it's close to the number of top teams whose KRACH ratings are not significantly different. Hopefully this helps, and you can take it from there.

Date: March 01, 2005 11:55AM

[q]So, setting the number of teams participating in the NCAA tournament at 16 is good practice, since it's close to the number of top teams whose KRACH ratings are not significantly different.[/q]I wouldn't be too quick to draw that conclusion. This year's results may show a match between number of tournament bids and statistically comparable #1 teams according to KRACH. But it remains to be seen whether this pattern holds for earlier years.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: March 01, 2005 11:56AM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:This is unacceptable. Finals are months away and you are a 3L.
[/q]

Yeah, but I'm in the thick of the interview process.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 01, 2005 12:17PM

[Q]Newman Wrote:

> Teams 1-15 in KRACH have a statistical claim on being #1 at a 95% confidence level (which, ignoring the fact the KRACH has little to do with tournament selection, makes having a 16 team tournament rather an auspicious size).[/q]

Are you making that claim based on the fact that the confidence intervals for the top 15 teams all cover CC's actual KRACH rating? Or is it based on the analysis in your spreadsheet where everything was done relative to CC? (Perhaps those are equivalent, although I suspect not.)

I must say, I'm surprised the intervals are so wide. I guess that explains why there's so much arguing over rankings.

- Elliot

Date: March 01, 2005 12:22PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

So, setting the number of teams participating in the NCAA tournament at 16 is good practice, since it's close to the number of top teams whose KRACH ratings are not significantly different.[/Q]
I wouldn't be too quick to draw that conclusion. This year's results may show a match between number of tournament bids and statistically comparable #1 teams according to KRACH. But it remains to be seen whether this pattern holds for earlier years. [/q]

What I meant was that it coincidentally happened to be a close match this year, not that 16 is a good number all around every year. Also, no teams from AH or CHA are in that group, so at least one of those 15 teams will be shut out of the NCAAs.

Date: March 01, 2005 12:31PM

[Q]elliotb Wrote:

Newman Wrote:

> Teams 1-15 in KRACH have a statistical claim on being #1 at a 95% confidence level (which, ignoring the fact the KRACH has little to do with tournament selection, makes having a 16 team tournament rather an auspicious size).[/Q]
Are you making that claim based on the fact that the confidence intervals for the top 15 teams all cover CC's actual KRACH rating? Or is it based on the analysis in your spreadsheet where everything was done relative to CC? (Perhaps those are equivalent, although I suspect not.)

- Elliot[/q]

I'm making that claim based on CI's covering CC's rating when CC is the reference team. Comparing two teams ratings when one team isn't the reference school is more complex, and requires incorporating the covariance.

Also, really this is just showing the chance of a team having a KRACH higher than Colorado College. To be #1 they'd have to have a rating higher than all teams, which is a much more complex calculation I'm not going to try to do.

Date: March 01, 2005 12:53PM

It's possible they're BS'ing us, but it's also possible there's some underlying beauty and symmetry if you apply enough math to all this.

But the margin of error is always going to be there and it's as least as great as the sum of all posts and crossbars hit plus Zambonis making double passes across the ice and leaving it wet, and players coming out of the penalty box just as the puck is passed to center ice.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 02:11PM

[Q]elliotb Wrote:

I must say, I'm surprised the intervals are so wide. I guess that explains why there's so much arguing over rankings.[/q]

Well, that's just the nature of KRACH: it asymptotically blows up with records closer and closer to perfection. Cornell's 1970 KRACH was infinite. So a small variation on the horizontal (record) axis creates huge variations in KRACH possibilites, thus the large variances (or error bars, if you will) in the KRACH, especially with only a 30-40 game sample.

It'd probably be more managable if you do the same 95% confidence interval calculations on the RRWP (Round-Robin Winning Percentage) which is still tied to the KRACH, but bounded between 0.000 and 1.000, by definition. Even then, because the teams at the top are so close (the value of flipping one win to a non-win or vice-versa is greater than the SOS difference for many of the teams at the top), you'll still see a large amount of overlap. Only with prettier numbers. :-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 02:17PM by RichH.

Date: March 01, 2005 02:32PM

[Q]Newman Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

So, setting the number of teams participating in the NCAA tournament at 16 is good practice, since it's close to the number of top teams whose KRACH ratings are not significantly different.[/Q]
I wouldn't be too quick to draw that conclusion. This year's results may show a match between number of tournament bids and statistically comparable #1 teams according to KRACH. But it remains to be seen whether this pattern holds for earlier years. [/Q]
What I meant was that it coincidentally happened to be a close match this year, not that 16 is a good number all around every year. Also, no teams from AH or CHA are in that group, so at least one of those 15 teams will be shut out of the NCAAs.[/q]

Agreed. It works this year (so far), but no guarantees for other years.

Date: March 01, 2005 02:51PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

It's possible they're BS'ing us, but it's also possible there's some underlying beauty and symmetry if you apply enough math to all this.[/q]

BS?? :-O There are enough good statisticians and mathematicians on this board to keep us each of us honest.

[q]But the margin of error is always going to be there and it's as least as great as the sum of all posts and crossbars hit plus Zambonis making double passes across the ice and leaving it wet, and players coming out of the penalty box just as the puck is passed to center ice. [/q]

That was part of my point in the original post, although I restricted it to goal differentials. No matter what method is used, these are only sophisticated indices that attempt to find a common denominator to compare the whole field of Division I teams. In the process, a lot of the contextual variability, whether it's ice surface, unlucky bounces, injuries to key players, defensive strategy, or a vocal home crowd, is not taken into account. As such, these indices are never going to be completely satisfactory predictors. I'm grateful for that. Wouldn't be much fun to be a hockey fan, if there weren't some sort of suspense about the outcome of any particular game, would it?

Date: March 01, 2005 03:23PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
But the margin of error is always going to be there and it's as least as great as the sum of all posts and crossbars hit plus Zambonis making double passes across the ice and leaving it wet, and players coming out of the penalty box just as the puck is passed to center ice. [/q]

Indeed; I neglected to mention in my post (although it's in the excel file if you downloaded it) that the process for finding the variance also tells you, on average, what percentage of the variance in game outcomes is explained by KRACH. In other words, how much of a factor the different KRACH ratings are in determining who wins. This year it's 19% across the whole season so far, and a lot of that is from the expected blowouts. So in games between closer matched teams, the outcome is well over 80% based on the other factors (Zambonis and crossbars and baaaa-ad calls, oh my!)

Date: March 01, 2005 03:54PM

>>> Indeed; I neglected to mention in my post (although it's in the excel file if you downloaded it) that the process for finding the variance also tells you, on average, what percentage of the variance in game outcomes is explained by KRACH. In other words, how much of a factor the different KRACH ratings are in determining who wins. This year it's 19% across the whole season so far, and a lot of that is from the expected blowouts. So in games between closer matched teams, the outcome is well over 80% based on the other factors (Zambonis and crossbars and baaaa-ad calls, oh my!)

(Is Newman your name or do you like Seinfeld characters?)

This post actually made sense. I figured if I read long enough (all the posts), I'd find a pony in there somewhere. So you're saying (forgive me for the journalist's trick of trying to reduce a complex argument to something simple enough for both scribe and audience to fathom) that in four of every five games between closely matched teams, the outcome is due to other factors such as blown calls and the puck bouncing this way not that off the pipe? And other other fifth is the right team actually winning for the right reason eg having modestly more measurable skill?

If 80% of victories are due to "other" factors then Cornell's unbeaten string is all the more impressive because the odds should have caught up with us somewhere, and in the entire new year it only happened 1-1/2 times, at Harvard (last loss before the streak) and vs. Colgate (tie).

I wonder if one could determine that a team playing a solid defensive game that results in 2-0 and 2-1 scores has more, better, and/or more consistent outcomes than offensive flyers who win 8-5, 7-3, and occasionally lose 6-5? If so, then there's solid math behind Schafer's madness.

Date: March 01, 2005 04:14PM

He said in games against closely matched teams 80% of the result is due to "other factors". During our recent streak, a number of games were against teams that were not close matched (according to KRACH) to Cornell.

[q](Is Newman your name or do you like Seinfeld characters?) [/q]Bill, you must really have a different Cornell hockey fandom frame of reference than I do if you question whether someone is really named Newman. :-)

Date: March 01, 2005 04:36PM

Bill, let me jump in on this. Newman may want to follow up. Explained variance of 19% means that the KRACH model can only explain 19% of the "variability" of outcomes in the dataset of all games played thus far. That means that for any PARTICULAR game there are variables in addition to those measured by KRACH that may predict outcome, that there is randomness in the outcome that can't be explained by any variable, or - most probably - both. It doesn't mean that KRACH can predict the outcome of only one out of five games. What it does mean is that KRACH helps us predict the outcome of a game better than flipping a coin, but I wouldn't bet the mortgage based on what it tells us.

Date: March 01, 2005 04:50PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
I wonder if one could determine that a team playing a solid defensive game that results in 2-0 and 2-1 scores has more, better, and/or more consistent outcomes than offensive flyers who win 8-5, 7-3, and occasionally lose 6-5? If so, then there's solid math behind Schafer's madness. [/q]
Or perhaps there's solid madness behind Schafer's math ;-)

Date: March 01, 2005 06:05PM

Second try: KRACH can account for about one-fifth of the explanation of how any game turns out (for games among ~closely matched teams)? As opposed to (my bad interpolation) it can account for the outcome of one of every five games among closely matched teams - you're saying the second interpretation isn't the same as the first?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 01, 2005 06:37PM

Okay, I have to admit I haven't been following this discussion in detail. I know Ken played around a little with this a few years back and found, as you did, that the confidence intervals were pretty broad.

One thing I have noticed by skimming the discussion is that y'all seem, at least in the explanations, to be taking a Bayesian perspective on what is fundamentally a frequentist rating system. The confidence intervals don't bound the possible values of a team's KRACH rating, they bound the range of values which would predict results consistent with the ones we see. I've thought about a Bayesian analogue to KRACH, especially to handle situations like Division I-A football this season where there are multiple undefeated teams, but I had trouble coming up with an "obvious" prior when there were more than two teams involved.

Date: March 01, 2005 06:47PM

I love how a thread titled "RPI primer (brackets for dummies)" ends up with a discussion of Bavesian vs. frequentist ratings, to the point that it might go over the head of someone who has a PhD...

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 01, 2005 06:57PM

I think there's been a lot of KRACH overanalysis here. Let's get back to the origninal thread subject. First, here's my try at explaining KRACH for dummies.
For Teams A, B, C, D etc., KRACH ratings of a, b, c, d, etc. represent the relative strength of those teams, such that the probability of Team A winning against Team B (with a tie counting as half a win) is a/(a+b). The KRACH ratings are solved for based upon the results to date.
It won't, of course, predict winners in each individual game, but it does correlate perfectly (by definition) with each Team's total number of wins (tie being 1/2) over the entire season, based upon the schedule they played.
Let's assume there are only three teams, and each plays the other four times. Team A is 6-2 and Teams B and C are each 3-5. The KRACH ratings would be 300, 100 and 100 (or 3x, x and x as it's the multiplicative relationship which matters). Based on it's schedule, Team A's expected number of wins would be 3 of 4 vs. Team B (300/(300+100)) and 3 of 4 vs. Team C, resulting in a total expected value of 6 wins. Teams B and C have the same KRACH, so their expected wins would be 2 against each other and a total of 3 wins in their 8 game schedules. What KRACH does is solve for the relative team strength that yields an expected number of wins which equals the actual number. The KRACH ratings are the same regardless of whether Team A actually was 3-1 against both A and B or 4-0 and 2-2, as long as the schedule was the same and the total records are the same.
KRACH takes into account all your games, your strength of schedule, etc. - they're just not broken out as a separate line items.
Let's say that you believe that a certain team's KRACH rating is overrated compared to the other teams. Well. if you lowered the KRACH for that team, what you are saying is that you believe that that team's expected value of the number of wins is less than what they actually have turned out to be. So, they must have outperformed your rating, and therefore should be rated higher - and the only solution that works back to calculating the actual number of wins is the KRACH rating.

Date: March 01, 2005 07:28PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Second try: KRACH can account for about one-fifth of the explanation of how any game turns out (for games among ~closely matched teams)? As opposed to (my bad interpolation) it can account for the outcome of one of every five games among closely matched teams - you're saying the second interpretation isn't the same as the first? [/q]

An approximate although not exact analogy can be explained thinking about a dice game: two sides each roll five dice, and the side with the highest total wins.

However, suppose instead of totally random dice, the each die represents a factor: inherent skill of the team, officiating calls in your favor, luck, etc. Some of the dice are rolled fresh every game, such as luck or officiating, but some are based on skill, coaching, or other persistent factors and are not actually rolled for each game, but predetermined beforehand. However, no one actually can see the individual dice when you play; the totals are counted by a referee, and a winner (or tie) is determined without anyone knowing the exact counts. Now, two sides match up, and they only roll four dice each, and get points from the fifth (skill) die at the assigned levels, with the winner having the highest total from all five dice. With KRACH ratings, we can sort of reverse engineer the results and estimate the inherent skill die for each side after a reasonable number of games, since it is theoretically the same every time. (This is why KRACH is unavailable early in the season.) We still know nothing about the other dice in each game.

When two sides have very similar (identical) KRACH ratings, then their assigned dice values are the same, and the game is a toss-up - we cannot predict the outcome any better than if we didn't have KRACH ratings. When two sides have vastly different ratings, such that one side has a six and the other side has a one, then we know that the side with the six will win more often. When we say that KRACH explains 19% (about 20%, or 1/5) of the variance, it's similar to saying KRACH tells us the outcome of one of five dice.

When the KRACH table is calculated, the values in it are a mathematical best guess at what the number is: equivalent to saying "the skill die for Cornell is most likely a five" but we cannot tell with great precision. What to my knowledge was never done before yesterday was any analysis of how good a guess that table was. What the new table I made adds is upper and lower bounds for that guess, the rough equivalent of saying "the skill die for Cornell is most likely a five, but it could be as high as six or as low as four." Since we can never see the individual components, we can't really tell with great precision what the KRACH values are.

I hope this helps. And I'd also point out that Newman being my real name and an affinity for Seinfeld characters are not mutually exclusive events.

Date: March 01, 2005 08:28PM

[Q]Newman Wrote: With KRACH ratings, we can sort of reverse engineer the results and estimate the inherent skill die for each side after a reasonable number of games, since it is theoretically the same every time. (This is why KRACH is unavailable early in the season.) We still know nothing about the other dice in each game.[/q]Needless to say, I understood this better than [q]jtwcornell91 Wrote: One thing I have noticed by skimming the discussion is that y'all seem, at least in the explanations, to be taking a Bayesian perspective on what is fundamentally a frequentist rating system. The confidence intervals don't bound the possible values of a team's KRACH rating, they bound the range of values which would predict results consistent with the ones we see.[/q]Though after reading Newman, I better understood Whelan. Thank you to both of you for trying to stoop to my level.

Date: March 01, 2005 08:56PM

Although to be fair, this thread was not started as KRACH for dummies, as there really is no such things. Even basic KRACH is fairly complex mathematically, though easy enough to read.

RPI and PWR for dummies however, is much more doable.

Date: March 01, 2005 09:28PM

Most online threads degenerate to unpleasantness and name-calling. Here it moves higher and upward in the noblest of Ivy League traditions. While still leaving us time to name-call the Harvard swells.

KRACH may be complex mathmatecally, but it may be possible to explain what it does so that people of normal abilities (eg liberal arts majors) have some clue was to what's going on. You don't have to know about stoichiometric combustion in order to step on the gas when the light turns green.

Cool thread and again, thank you to all who offered ideas. You saw how some people didn't know what RPI meant if it wasn't wearing red, or that TUC wasn't the German safety certification.

Posted by: David Harding (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 11:19PM

Thank you for your analysis and explanations.

Posted by: Robb (---.169.137.235.ts46v-07.otnc1.ftwrth.tx.charter.co)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:01AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
Bill, you must really have a different Cornell hockey fandom frame of reference than I do if you question whether someone is really named Newman. [/q]

I don't even know this '98 Newman. Perhaps related to the Lab Newmans, based on his/her postings? Certainly beyond what I'd expect from any of *my* recent Newman relatives (no offense, gang). Some of my Potter relatives, on the other hand...

Date: March 02, 2005 12:08AM

He's my little brother's little brother's little brother's little brother, if I remember correctly...

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: March 02, 2005 03:06AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:
He's my little brother's little brother's little brother's little brother, if I remember correctly...
Beeeej[/q]
I think you're short one, but you get the gist. And for those of you who don't know me: I was a Tuba player back in the day, and now my schooling at Northwestern keeps me far from Lynah most of the time, but I've been to the Michigan games in recent years.

Date: March 02, 2005 06:50AM

[Q]Newman Wrote:
Beeeej Wrote:
He's my little brother's little brother's little brother's little brother, if I remember correctly...[/Q]
I think you're short one, but you get the gist.[/q]

Hm... Beeeej->Stu->Ralph->Scrog->Newman isn't correct? Who am I missing? :-{)}

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: March 02, 2005 10:02AM

Elegant. Nice work! :-)

Date: March 02, 2005 11:45AM

OK but the point still holds. I'd assume that any Cornell Newman was part of your gang before guessing that he was just a Seinfeld fan.

Date: March 02, 2005 03:39PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:
Hm... Beeeej->Stu->Ralph->Scrog->Newman isn't correct? Who am I missing? :-{)}

Beeeej[/q]

Beeeej->Stu->Ralph->Scrog->Yeast->Newman

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 05:10PM

D'oh! Thanks.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login