Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Anyone have extra Harvard Sucks shirts?

Posted by Jason L 
Anyone have extra Harvard Sucks shirts?
Posted by: Jason L (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 15, 2004 11:41PM

Any of you by chance know where to get this year's Harvard Sucks shirt? I was out of town for the game + most of that week so I wasnt around. I hvae last years, but would like this years if anyone has extra they want to sell. I am looking for one so I can wear it to the Lynah East game...better yet, anyone thinking bout making a Harvard Sucks shirt specifically for Lynah East? I'd definately be interested in one.

Jason

Re: Anyone have extra Harvard Sucks shirts?
Posted by: Liz '05 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2004 01:59AM

Alternatively, you could make a Lynah East shirt that doesn't say "Harvard Sucks," i.e. something along the lines of "Lynah East: The Other Home of the Cornell Big Red." It may take a little more thought to decipher for those Harvard (sucks) fans, but isn't "Harvard Sucks" a little overdone anyway?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.62-160.francetelecom.oleane.net)
Date: December 16, 2004 03:48AM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

Alternatively, you could make a Lynah East shirt that doesn't say "Harvard Sucks," i.e. something along the lines of "Lynah East: The Other Home of the Cornell Big Red." It may take a little more thought to decipher for those Harvard (sucks) fans, but isn't "Harvard Sucks" a little overdone anyway?[/q]

Whatever you do, just don't try to get anyone's permission for it.
;-)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 16, 2004 10:03AM

whether or not you use "harvard" or "cornell" it's still trademark infringement, fyi.
and i remind you this is a public forum.
and even if you don't request permission initially, the schools have an uncanny way of finding you.

and just another note on a related topic which irritates me: harvard will threaten to prosecute you for making such shirts. but walk past the plaza by their science center (their sorta equivalent of ho plaza) in november and you can see all the anti-yale shirts in the world, sold by harvard student groups and financed by harvard university money. they sure can dish it out, but they can't take it.

-mike

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: December 16, 2004 11:02PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote: whether or not you use "harvard" or "cornell" it's still trademark infringement, fyi. and i remind you this is a public forum. and even if you don't request permission initially, the schools have an uncanny way of finding you. and just another note on a related topic which irritates me: harvard will threaten to prosecute you for making such shirts. but walk past the plaza by their science center (their sorta equivalent of ho plaza) in november and you can see all the anti-yale shirts in the world, sold by harvard student groups and financed by harvard university money. they sure can dish it out, but they can't take it.

-mike[/q]

Trademark infringement? Outside the arena, Harvard doesn't have a leg to stand on legally. You try to sell a likeness of John Harvard or a T-shirt saying Harvard Yard, maybe they've got rights to that. (They going to sue a photographer who takes a picture of campus from across the street?) Or a shirt that just says Harvard, I think that they've got rights to. But the minute the shirt says Harvard Sucks or Harvard Unfair to People of Color or ROTC Out of Harvard or My Sister at Pine Manor Was Molested at Harvard Mixer Weekend and All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt, the First Amendment argument is going to bubble to the top.

Inside, it's their house, their rules, and even if they agree after the fact that their rules were unfair, you still missed the game. They'd better charge some kind of "community standards" violation, unless they also plan to toss the Cornell students holding up Beat Harvard signs.

Maybe Alan Dershowitz could speak up on your behalf.

Personally, the best cheer is "This Is Our House." For that, Harvard has no response, especially if Cornell is up by 3-4 goals.

Posted by: Jason L (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 01:08AM

I was actually at Harvard that weekend to visit my gf and goto the harvard-Yale game. Some of those shirts were pretty vile, and if they werent getting kicked out for them, I hardly can see how they can kick someone out for a Harvard sucks one.

The shirt I'm referring to is basically a bulldog doing a puritan doggy-style. There were some harvard shirts equally on the same level but that one stood out.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 07:07AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:Trademark infringement? Outside the arena, Harvard doesn't have a leg to stand on legally....But the minute the shirt says Harvard Sucks or Harvard Unfair to People of Color or ROTC Out of Harvard or My Sister at Pine Manor Was Molested at Harvard Mixer Weekend and All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt, the First Amendment argument is going to bubble to the top.[/q]

You go right ahead and make those shirts, Bill, and let Harvard take you to court after you ignore their Cease & Desist letter, so that you can make the First Amendment argument you believe will "bubble to the top." On what basis, by the way? I hardly think it qualifies as "parody" to say "Harvard Sucks."

Hermo's more of an expert in this particular area than I am, but I'm reasonably sure trademark simply doesn't work that way. When you own the rights to a mark, you get to control how the mark is used, period - especially in situations where someone else wants to use the mark in a way that could devalue it.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: December 17, 2004 08:40AM

[Q]I'm reasonably sure trademark simply doesn't work that way. When you own the rights to a mark, you get to control how the mark is used, period - especially in situations where someone else wants to use the mark in a way that could devalue it. [/Q]

This topic has recently come up with TiVo. Apparently, "TiVo" can only be used as an adjective, and the company is aggressively policing this in the print and television media. (You can't say, "I TiVo'd the game last night";) There's a brief article in the NY Times about it here: [www.nytimes.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2004 08:41AM by Pete Godenschwager.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 01:34PM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

I'm reasonably sure trademark simply doesn't work that way. When you own the rights to a mark, you get to control how the mark is used, period - especially in situations where someone else wants to use the mark in a way that could devalue it. [/Q]
This topic has recently come up with TiVo. Apparently, "TiVo" can only be used as an adjective, and the company is aggressively policing this in the print and television media. (You can't say, "I TiVo'd the game last night";) There's a brief article in the NY Times about it here:

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/17/04 08:41AM by Pete Godenschwager.[/q]

I think the lawyers might say, "Asked and answered." It's deja vu all over again. TiVo has to send out the letters saying it's a noun not a verb to protect against a competitor in five years' time alleging it's common usage and not worthy of a trademark. TiVo's lawyers simply scanned letters used by Xerox corp. and then did a search and replace of "TiVo as a verb" for "Xerox as a verb." And Xerox borrowed the same letters from the Keenex people and the Hoover vacuum cleaner people. Our newspaper used to get the Xerox letters a lot. I always respected the usage, in part because I grew up in Rochester and "Xerox as a noun not verb" was ingrained into anyone who started their career with Gannett, but more importantly, "xerox" isn't a verb, and so it's bad writing. So basically good journalists or good editors a) tell Xerox to buzz off (usually simply by ignoring the letters and b) telling their staff not to use verbified proper nouns.

If TiVo doesn't send the letters, they might maybe possibly lose some control over the brand name or trademark. But as a practical matter TiVo has entered the lexicon as a verb and lawsuits won't change it.

When you're talking about non-commercial speech, if your speaking devalues the other guy's product, well, tough, so long as it wasn't libelous or slanderous. Plus you always have truth as a defense if there was malice.

Harvard can send all the cease and desist letters it wants to. Volume of certified mail doesn't make case law. It may frighten off some less well-heeled T-shirt peddlers or wearers.

There is history showing you might possibly "devalue" a product and still be standing on firm constitutional ground: Remember Al Franken used "fair and balanced" as part of his book title lampooning the right, and Fox on behalf of Bill "Fair and Balanced" O'Reilly sued Franken ... and the case was tossed out by a U.S. district judge back in 2003.

Harvard tries to sue you for wearing a Harvard Sucks T-shirt, you might have cause for countersuit. Depose all of Harvard's lawyers and ask them, as learned men, if they knew the law was opposite Harvard's intentions -- "you are a Harvard-educated lawyer, are you not, sir?" -- and if that's the case, that would be harrassment, and there I think you've got some solid ground underfoot.

But I also agree that the place to test this is outside Bright Center because initially the law is on the side of the lawmen. Your point is you want to see the game most of all and if possible annoy Harvard, but not give up the first to get the second.

It would be good to hear the opposite POV from lawyers who argued the "we got disparaged and won" side of things, so long as winning means in court and not just by wearing down the resources of a less well-heeled individual.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 03:19PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:Trademark infringement? Outside the arena, Harvard doesn't have a leg to stand on legally....But the minute the shirt says Harvard Sucks or Harvard Unfair to People of Color or ROTC Out of Harvard or My Sister at Pine Manor Was Molested at Harvard Mixer Weekend and All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt, the First Amendment argument is going to bubble to the top.[/Q]
You go right ahead and make those shirts, Bill, and let Harvard take you to court after you ignore their Cease & Desist letter, so that you can make the First Amendment argument you believe will "bubble to the top." On what basis, by the way? I hardly think it qualifies as "parody" to say "Harvard Sucks."

Hermo's more of an expert in this particular area than I am, but I'm reasonably sure trademark simply doesn't work that way. When you own the rights to a mark, you get to control how the mark is used, period - especially in situations where someone else wants to use the mark in a way that could devalue it.[/q]I haven't taken trademark yet, so I can't really say. I can tell you that the word "Harvard" is too short to be protected by copyright, but that under the parody standard applied to fair use of copyrighted terms, I don't think "Harvard Sucks" would qualify as parody. My understanding of trademark law is similar to Beeeej's, but again, I haven't taken that class yet.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 03:21PM

Perhaps someone should trademark the phrase "Harvard Sucks"

Date: December 17, 2004 04:23PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
If TiVo doesn't send the letters, they might maybe possibly lose some control over the brand name or trademark. But as a practical matter TiVo has entered the lexicon as a verb and lawsuits won't change it.[/q]

I do know enough trademark law to know that consistent, vigorous defense of your mark is required to protect it against the sort of vernacular dilution of trademark you're talking about. In other words, TiVo would be irresponsible not to send those letters. As soon as they stop, you might as well add it to the dictionary and start calling all DVRs "tivos," because it'll become acceptable to use it as a generic. Note that while this has happened to zippers, aspirin, and cellophane, it has not happened to Kleenex or Hoover - because they still vigorously defend their marks. And nobody who knows the law has ever suggested they should stop.

[q]When you're talking about non-commercial speech, if your speaking devalues the other guy's product, well, tough, so long as it wasn't libelous or slanderous. Plus you always have truth as a defense if there was malice.[/q]

For there to have been "actual malice" in the freedom of speech sense, the speech has to have been false in the first place. The definition of "actual malice" in this context is "knowledge of, or reckless disregard for knowledge of, falsity." Which is completely irrelevant, because "Harvard Sucks" is opinion - and there's well-settled law that there is no such thing as a "false opinion" as long as it doesn't assert any false facts.

But it's one thing to call a forum thread "Harvard Sucks," and quite another to print it on a t-shirt and sell it. That's not non-commercial speech, that's commercial activity and trademark infringement.

[q]Harvard can send all the cease and desist letters it wants to. Volume of certified mail doesn't make case law. It may frighten off some less well-heeled T-shirt peddlers or wearers.[/q]

Seriously. Test it out! I'm sure Floyd Abrams would laugh you out of his office.

[q]There is history showing you might possibly "devalue" a product and still be standing on firm constitutional ground: Remember Al Franken used "fair and balanced" as part of his book title lampooning the right, and Fox on behalf of Bill "Fair and Balanced" O'Reilly sued Franken ... and the case was tossed out by a U.S. district judge back in 2003.[/q]

...partly on the basis that he judged "fair and balanced" not to be a valid trademark, or a weak one at best. But you'd still have to go to court to get that ruling, and I doubt you'd get a similar one on "Harvard." In any event, one of the other major grounds for the ruling was that Fox was asking for an injunction against the book's sales, not damages for use of the trademarked phrase - and they had waited far too long (ten weeks) after becoming aware of the book's impending distribution to file for the injunction to be entitled to such drastic relief.

Dismissal of a case rarely means only that the underlying legal claim had no merit.

[q]Harvard tries to sue you for wearing a Harvard Sucks T-shirt, you might have cause for countersuit. Depose all of Harvard's lawyers and ask them, as learned men, if they knew the law was opposite Harvard's intentions -- "you are a Harvard-educated lawyer, are you not, sir?" -- and if that's the case, that would be harrassment, and there I think you've got some solid ground underfoot.[/q]

If you think a suit is frivolous, you're certainly entitled to file a request for Rule 11 sanctions. And if they sue you for wearing such a shirt, that would be frivolous. But a lawsuit for selling those shirts would have some pretty solid grounding in the law, and would absolutely not be grounds for a countersuit for harassment - and such a countersuit would be a pretty good way of bringing Rule 11 sanctions down on yourself.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2004 04:43PM by Beeeej.

Date: December 17, 2004 04:24PM

I know you were joking, but just in case anybody took you seriously and is planning to do the legwork, I'm pretty sure the Trademark Office wouldn't let you do that, 'cause it contains another already valid trademark. nut

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: ben03 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 05:00PM

[Q]Jason L Wrote:
I was actually at Harvard that weekend to visit my gf and goto the harvard-Yale game. Some of those shirts were pretty vile, and if they werent getting kicked out for them, I hardly can see how they can kick someone out for a Harvard sucks one.

The shirt I'm referring to is basically a bulldog doing a puritan doggy-style. There were some harvard shirts equally on the same level but that one stood out.[/q]

enough with all this legal jibber-jabber, just have LYNAH EAST on the front and a bear humping a block letter "H" on the back ... enough with all this trademark crap.

btw ... SUCKS sucks! sorry had to said ;-)

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 05:08PM

"Lynah" also happens to be a building owned by CU, so there is a possibility that it could also be covered (though this is arguable)

use of an H resembling Harvard's trademark is also infringement sadly

believe me, when we went through this ordeal 2 years ago, we pursued every avenue for discussion. you'd be surprised at what is covered by trademark.

and believe me gentlemen that harvard's defense of its trademark is....vigorous.

my observations come from a copyright and trademark law course i took and an experience i had with harvard and cornell's trademark departments over making a similar shirt.

-mike

Posted by: ben03 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2004 05:16PM

You could just get your own printer:

[www.bidservice.com]

then just deny everything!!!

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 06:21PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:
Note that while this has happened to zippers, aspirin, and cellophane, it has not happened to Kleenex or Hoover - because they still vigorously defend their marks. And nobody who knows the law has ever suggested they should stop.
[/q]

Other lost marks:
allen wrench
bikini
tarmac
elevator
yo-yo
dry ice
linoleum
and my all time favorite, heroin

Clearly band-aid, q-tips and walkman are still being defended.

I assume 3M is actively defending scotch tape? (sorta interesting that we're forgotten the bigoted origins of this term. Nobody today would buy Jew Tape.)

As far as verbed trademarks, google and photoshop are the 2 most obvious I can think of. Adobe is defending photoshop [www.adobe.com] , dunno about the folks at google.

Anywho, it turns out that wikipedia has an entire entry on genericized trademarks.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Rob NH (---.mrrmnh.adelphia.net)
Date: December 17, 2004 11:25PM

Why not a shirt that reads:
           Lynah     Faithful
^
East

with "This is OUR house" on the back
or
"The house that John built, but Ezra owns"

Note: Edited multiple times because it was killed by the formatting...
Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2004 11:33PM by Rob NH.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2004 09:03AM

The more this thread carries on, the more it seems as if we're not always on opposite sides. But like two drunks arguing in a bar (okay, I’m maybe speaking only for myself), if we agreed we agreed, there'd be nothing more to talk about and it's still another ten days till the next hockey game. (Well, there is that RIT Goes D-1 thread which is now in a discussion about getting to Lake Placid via train and bus.)

I think we agree the trademark owner has to vigorously pursue the purity of the trademark. BTW it helps if there's an alternative that's easy to say; people tend to like the two syllables of Kleenex over the four syllables of facial tissue, and anyway you're never sure if facial tissue is your mom's polite way of saying at the party, "the downstairs bathroom is out of toilet paper and will you go put some more in, dear." No one in his right mind actually says, “Would you pass me a Kleenex-brand facial tissue?” because you’re going to sneeze all over yourself before you get the sentence out. One of the few cases where generic-is-shorter is hex key over Allen Wrench. (Also "search" by a mere one syllable over "google" though "google" as a verb implies smart search / simple search / fast search online as though previous searches weren’t all that smart or thorough or fast. BTW William Safire has done some good stuff on retronyms ie where you need to add a modifier to explain the original eg "corded drill," “analog watch,” “day baseball,” "acoustic guitar," and Safire throws in his politicized favorite, "English-language radio.";) I might add ShopVac as an endangered species trademark.

A lot of the protect-our-trademarks letters go out to the media since you can’t mail out 300 million cease and desist letters. Plus the trademark owners go overboard in their demands. They’ve got the right to remind the editors that Xerox is a trademark not a verb. But they go on and demand that it have a little R or TM thingie alongside, that the company or product be in all caps, etcetera. Compaq wanted COMPAQ and actually an italicized COMPAQ and if they could have gotten away with it they would have preferred it be printed in the Compaq version of red ink that Compaq preferred. See the site by the copy chief of the Washington Post, Bill Walsh, for a scathing takedown on over-the-top demands of some companies (you’re going to actually write it as KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese DINNER”), and note that some companies don’t even have consistent usage and spelling of their products’ names within the company: [www.theslot.com]

You're right and I shorthand-assumed we're in understanding that lack of malice only comes into play if the statement or article is false or actually recklessly false. As a practical matter the defendant argues all in parallel: Wasn’t false, but anyway it wasn’t knowingly false, and anyway it wasn’t maliciously intended.

It would help for the would-be entrepreneurs to understand the difference between possible legal woes for selling allegedly unauthorized merchandise and the free expression rights of wearing same garment. I think there's a slippery slope smart judges are not going to want to venture down (on this part we may not fully agree). Can you sell a sign that says, "Go Cornell, Beat Harvard"? (It’s a commercial activity.) What about a shirt that just says “H sucks”? Is it wrong to sell it in Cambridge? Would it be okay (legal) in Albany? What about in Albany the week the ECAC tourney is in town? What if the sign is a shirt and the shirt has Cornell and Harvard in the universities' recognized fonts and colors? (You got problems.) Are you as a judge in Detroit going to enjoin striking Ford workers (like this is a good time to be a striking autoworker) from printing shirts that say "Ford unfair to AFL-CIO"? Or "Worker Rights Are Job Two?" playing on a long-running Ford theme? It’s a tricky balancing act for the judge to decide between free speech (how absolute?) and commercial considerations. Does a company own the rights to a color? Kodak would like to think it does with one variation on yellow, Ford to a lesser extent with blue, Coca Cola with red. Can you enjoin an independent repair shop from hoisting a BMW logo on its sign (yes), but what about the newspaper ad or yellow pages listing that says “we service all top foreign makes” and it lines up five logos of BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, Jaguar, Volvo, etcetera? What about if the repair shop that lost the standalone lit BMW sign outside then puts a BMW logo’d clock on wall where it can be seen at an angle from the street? What about if the clock is dead square in the middle of the front window? Any half-fast lawyer can show so many shades of gray that it’s going to be hard to know where to draw the line.

And it would help for would-be Lynah East attendees to consider the repercussions of exercising your free speech inside Bright Arena if your goal is more to see the game in its entirety than hassle Harvard. That is, the practical vs. the theoretical.

Then there's the whole issue of why a couple dozen crummy T-shirts get more official notice and legal woes than the guys one street corner over selling dope. Lord help the dealers if they brand their joints with a maroon H.

Part of the other posters' concerns about the hassles of dealing with Cornell and Harvard on trademark issues may be that in addition to the schools having legitimate concerns, and now having financial interests (selling Harvard trinkets is a good business), it may just be there's something ingrained in the soul of a Harvard or Day Hall bureaucrat that makes them want to move slowly and be cantankerous as a starting position. Compare that with my wanting to get one-time use of an obituary cartoon of Christopher Reeve; it took two e-mails and about 90 minutes elapsed time for the syndicate to take me at my word and give permission, and by the way no money changed hands since it was for a non-profit publication. If Cornell owned the cartoon, the rights guy would probably still be finishing his first coffee of the day and hadn’t yet booted up his computer. Cornell does have a lot of rules for Cornell groups using its colors and logos (including how big, what placement, if Cornell or the college’s name goes to the top of the Web page, etcetera), but that’s Cornell dictating to Cornell, and that’s a large organization saying, “This is how we want our imaged to be consistently applied.”

Sometimes companies do stupid things that cost them money when shutting up would have helped more than hurt. Kodak tried to shut down Paul Simon’s “Kodachrome” where today Simon’s agent would have tried to set up a bidding war between Kodak, Fuji, and Agfa for the right to be used in the song, and gotten Kodak to pay. One sign of Mercedes’ comeback from being an old-peoples’ luxury/sport car was when it licensed and used in its ads the song by Janice Joplin (and the great laugh at the end), “Oh, Lord, won’t you buy me, a Mercedes-Benz?” Some of the old line, fossilized MB dealers thought it damaged their products (and the value of their dealerships) to use a dead, hippie, drug-taking rocker in advertising.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.unibe.ch)
Date: December 18, 2004 01:22PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:
Anywho, it turns out that wikipedia has an entire entry on genericized trademarks.[/q]

What's the legal status of "wiki"? :-P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: December 18, 2004 02:39PM

No, we're (at least now) quite obviously in general agreement - I just thought some of what you were saying was misleading because it wasn't entirely on point, so it behooved me to clarify.

Just two more things:

1. We used to joke that the job description of Cornell's Asst. VP for Community Relations (whose name at the time escapes me now), the person through whom all these approvals had to go, was "1. Say No. 2. Other Duties as assigned."

2. Malicious intent has nothing to do with the legal standard of "actual malice" - it is, as I defined it in my earlier post, simply "knowledge of, or reckless disregard for knowledge of, falsity." If you print something untrue about a public figure without caring whether or not it's true, that's enough to establish liability; you don't have to intend the act of printing it to be harmful to him.

Off to West Palm Beach and Atlanta tomorrow morning; maybe see a few of you at Jocks and Jills in Atlanta for the Everblades tourney! Happy holidays to all.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2004 02:40PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2004 10:17AM

[q]TiVo has to send out the letters saying it's a noun not a verb to protect against a competitor in five years' time alleging it's common usage and not worthy of a trademark. TiVo's lawyers simply scanned letters used by Xerox corp. and then did a search and replace of "TiVo as a verb" for "Xerox as a verb."[/q]
Actually, that's not what the letter said. TiVo wants the brand name used as an adjective, not a nound. It's not "a TiVo," it's "a TiVo DVR."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login