Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Tix

Posted by gwm3 
NCAA Tix
Posted by: gwm3 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2002 08:05PM

I apologize for jumping the gun a little bit, but does the CU box office get a block of tickets for the NCAAs if we make it?

Re: NCAA Tix
Posted by: finchphil (---.214.123.222.dial1.boston1.level3.net)
Date: March 15, 2002 09:15AM

The CU box office will likely get some tix. If the game is in Worcester, MA(likely.....IF we make it) you can also order tix on web by going to their site at [www.centrumcentre.com] and following the links to purchase tix.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cc.columbia.edu)
Date: March 17, 2002 11:34PM

The CU box office will have what they're referring to as a "limited allotment" of tickets. You can also buy them through TicketMaster.

Beeeej

Posted by: A-19 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 18, 2002 12:04AM

thanks alot for the ticket info..i'm still in ithaca, as i just got back from placid a few hrs ago, and didn't want to drive 4 more hrs to jersey for spring break tonight. i am gonna head over to the box office at 10am and see what the deal is. i'l try to update everyone with the actual situation here @ cornell, as i suppose most of you have graduated or have already left for break.

-mike

ps i still don't have my voice back

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.64.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:17AM

That would be much appreciated. I'll be calling myself, but some 'inside info' from someone who got tickets would be great.

Seeing as I plan to get up to call not much after 10, I think I should hit the bed snore

-Fred, DeltaOne81 '03

Posted by: peterg (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 08:13AM

This from the CU Athletic website:

"For information on tickets, call the Cornell athletic ticket office at 607-254-BEAR (2327). Tickets for this weekend's games can also be purchased through Ticketmaster (508-931-2000). The Cornell ticket office will receive a limited number of tickets for the regional. Ticket Prices: Individual Day Tickets: $25.00 / All Session Tickets: $50.00 "

Posted by: Adam (---.executiveboard.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 08:28AM

Just a heads up for those thinking about buying tickets through ticketmaster. Things are starting to really fill up for this weekend:

I bought tix through Ticketmaster last night for 3 people. On Saturday we got seats in the second tier, near one of the goals and on Sunday our seats are up in the third tier at center ice. These were the best available through ticketmaster on each day.

Posted by: A-19 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 18, 2002 09:57AM

i went to the cu ticket office today, and the guy there said he has a conference call at 2pm to see what the deal is with tickets. he advised that i call back in the afternoon, but also cautioned that he believed a large amount of those seats would be given to players' families. i'm gonna try my luck with the cornell section today, and then ticketmaster, i guess. good luck everyone

-mike

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 10:25AM

Mike, you might want to go to ticketmaster.com and check where "best available" seats are at this point in time. (You can do that without committing to buy.) We bought last night at 9:40 and are in row H of section 238, one of the upper sections. Sounds like Adam got his after us and is even higher--in the balcony.

With six eastern teams in Worcester, they may sell out quickly. My guess is, with Cornell in the late game, some of the Harvard (be interesting to see how many come) and Maine fans may leave after the first game, so once you get into the Centrum there should be some flexibility.

It's the usual Ticketmaster ripoff--$65.30 for two $25 tickets. Legalized scalping, in my opinion.

Just checked (10:32am) ticketmaster. Now offering row B of the balcony on the side at the end line.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.77.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 18, 2002 11:23AM

Anyone know what the 'Cornell section' is?!?!

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 11:55AM

Anyone know what the 'Cornell section' is?!?!

I just called the Worcester Centrum to try to find an answer to that very question, and the operator didn't have one for me.

The latest I heard from someone who got through to the CU ticket office is that they don't even physically have the tickets yet. They'll be getting and selling them tomorrow. They do not know what section we will be getting, nor how many is in CU's allotment.

Posted by: Adara (63.86.141.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 12:01PM

I called the Cornell ticket office and they said they won't know what sections their tickets are in until tomorrow. Also, when you call the Centrum, they don't know what schools are in which sections and the only tix they have for sale (as of a few minutes ago) are in the 3rd deck.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.77.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 18, 2002 12:26PM

Yup, just before I ordered ticketmaster tickets I got through to Cornell. They said they'd know tomorrow. I got absolute back row (I think) nosebleed seats through ticketmaster. Damnit, since when is hockey that popular! ;-)

-Fred, DeltaOne81 '03

Date: March 18, 2002 12:43PM

DeltaOne81 '03 wrote:

Yup, just before I ordered ticketmaster tickets I got through to Cornell. They said they'd know tomorrow. I got absolute back row (I think) nosebleed seats through ticketmaster. Damnit, since when is hockey that popular! ;-)

-Fred, DeltaOne81 '03

Maybe because the "regionals" are truly regional this year. :-P

Posted by: JordanCS (132.236.144.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 12:55PM

I'll be up there with you in Sec 238, Al. I think I'm in Row F. Can't remember. I too was going to wait for Cornell's alottment, but when I saw how full they were on Ticketmaster, I bought them then, since I didn't want to risk missing out. Unforunately, I'll only be able to see the first day. I have work Friday and Monday, and I live in Ithaca, so it's going to be a 6 hour drive early Saturday, and a quick drive back on Sunday.

LGR!

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.17.79.204.lifespan.org)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:25PM

Buy your tickets now, they are selling out quickly. There really aren't bad seats at the Centrum, small place..... There will be a mix of Cornell and UNH fans (I went to both schools) in section 224 as well, mostly Cornell. LGR

-J

Posted by: curoadkill (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:29PM

From what I'm told, Cornell will get less than 200 but more than 100 tickets. There are no comps for NCAAs, so family members and athletics administration will get tickets from that block. Hope that helps.

Posted by: Craine (63.107.247.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 03:08PM

Okay... I'll throw in my $0.02 here... I just got off the phone with the Box Office in Worcester... From what they told me, the Cornell Sections are 225/226... However, they can't sell tickets over the phone, so you have to either go to the box office or use ticketmaster...

Now, with ticketmaster online, I do not believe there is a way to specifiy what section you are in... So, I called the ticketmaster number, and they told me that the tickets are not available over the phone, and can only be purchased online... So, I went back to the website and was able to pick up 5 tickets for each day... For both days, I asked for the best available seats, and ended up with section 333 on Saturday and 207 on Sunday...

But, whatever... I doesn't really matter as long as I'm in the arena and watching Cornell HOCKEY!!!

Date: March 18, 2002 04:26PM

Takes me seven hours to get from Cape Cod to Ithaca and just about two to get to Worcester, so I think you can do it in less than six hours, Jordan.

See you there. I'll be wearing a Cornell Hockey sweatshirt.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 06:16PM

I remember hearing horror stories about SLU(t) screwing their fans for the 2000 Frozen Four by basically giving all their allotment to insiders and "friends of the hockey program." The result was that there were none left to sell to the students and faithful Canton townies.

Remembering that, I also decided to get raped by TicketMaster today. I'll see you all there...I'll be the guy wearing red. :-)

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 09:00PM

Whether that amounts to a screwing is open to opinion (in my opinion parents (especially!!!), people who work for the boosters, and big contributors genuinely deserve perks for adding a lot of value to the program, although I also think that a student crowd REALLY improves the whole atmosphere for the team).

Our crew of 11 decided to bend over and be Ticketmaster's bitch -- having no choice makes choice so very easy. Larger orders apparently get a small volume discount (and blocs of Cornell fans generate more energy than diaspordic groupings), so if possible try to order as a clan.

The Lake Placid turnout was far more impressive than the past few years, and hopefully we will cram as many Cornellians into the Centrum as possible. The Maine and UNH crowds will be HUGE, but like most crowds they sit on their hands and do nothing for 90% of the time. As with Michigan, perhaps we can show an Impressive but Ultimately Inert mass what it is to truly cheer.

Posted by: CUlater '89 (---.246.73.195.dial1.newyork1.level3.net)
Date: March 18, 2002 10:08PM

"The Maine and UNH crowds will be HUGE, but like most crowds they sit on their hands and do nothing for 90% of the time. "

When I lived in Boston and saw UNH at the Gahd'n and at BU, that was never my experience. It has been a few years though, so perhaps the UNH fans have become more placid of late.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 11:13PM

Just bought through Ticketmaster and for Sunday could not get 2 together.

Suggest you get them now.

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (12.110.205.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 11:54AM

Well...at this point I'm guessing that if you don't have tickets by now, you probably will have a near impossible time of getting them. But...just to share my attempt at getting tickets. I spoke to Pam at the Worcester Center yesterday who handles the group tickets and she said that she wouldn't know if she had any group blocks to play with until 3 PM. The result of the Cornell Ticket office conference call was that theywere receiving their allotment of 250 tickets today...most of which will be allotted for players and coaches...and I'm sure boosters will get first dibs as well. Bottom line is that both of these sources went with the recommendation that you should go through TICKETMASTER. I think I got the worst seats in the house...but hey...we'll be there...and miraculously my whole group will be sitting together!

Saturday: Section 238 Row P Seats 1 - 16
Sunday: Section 235 Row N Seats 1 - 14

Uggh...to pay $180 in 'convenience fees'...but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Hopefully I'll have my voice back by this weekend...I totally lost it after this past weekend in Placid. I'll be there in a home Cornell jersey with 99 on the back. Hope to see you all there!!!

LETS GO RED!!!!

Posted by: finchphil (---.214.96.142.dial1.boston1.level3.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 12:55PM

I just got back from the Centrum in Worcester (yes to avoid those "convenience fees";).

There are still a number of tix for Saturday, but not much for Sunday. I expect the best bet is to get what you can and then move around to be near your friends. With 2 games going on each day, there will likey be some empty seats from time to time in various places when a fans "team" is not playing.

The word at the box office in Worcester is that they expect sellouts both days. Cornell and Maine are the only schools with fans that have to travel a significant distance. It will be busy!

Posted by: Adam '01 (---.executiveboard.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:02PM

I have tickets, but I am posting this question on behalf of a friend who is sans computer today:

Can one enter, leave, and re-enter the arena as often as they would like if they have the "weekend package?" If so, would it make sense on Saturday or Sunday (since we have the late game both days) to corner a fan who is leaving the arena from the early game and offer them cash for their ticket and then use that for re-entry with a presumably better seat than Ticketmaster is currently offering?

Wow, that was a long sentence. My bad. I hope ya'll get the drift and that someone more knowledable than me will be kind enough to post a reply...

Posted by: lls15 (132.236.172.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:16PM

This came up during yesterday's conference call........

The Centrum will NOT allow re-entry . . . If you leave the building, you must purchase another ticket to get back in.

Posted by: Adam '01 (---.executiveboard.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:23PM

Laura, will fans from the earlier game who want to leave be able to turn in their tickets on the way out so that the Centrum can re-sell to people who want to come in for the late game?

Posted by: A-19 (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:27PM

based on lake placid "security", i dont think that you should have any problem taking an empty seat in a lower level if the fans have permanently left. i believe lynah ushers will be the strictest security you will face. hey, i could be wrong. but if there are seats available in the 100s after the harvard game, and the fans havent come back in like 30 min, i hope somebody gives it a try, so i'm not the only cornell fan in the lower area. good luck everyone

-mike

Posted by: Mark (---.nas.vdot.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:08PM

Just in case everybody is wondering why the seat selection is in the upper reaches of the arena, the tickets for Worcester went on sale in early December. I got mine the second or third day they were on sale, and could only get corner seats, 11 rows off the ice. There was actually a "presale" for folks who purchased tickets to Worcester last year, so I assume they had the pick of the best seats.

Not that the Faithful care, but you can expect that UNH will have, I would guess, at least 5,000 fans in the building on Sunday afternoon. The last time I saw a game in Worcester, in '99, UNH's turnout was huge for its overtime win over Michigan. Will the Cornell turnout be in the area of 1,000? Just curious.

Good luck to the Big Red. If they take care of business against the Q, the UNH-Cornell game should be a good one. Just expect a lot of speed, a lot of transition, and a high number of shots. UNH is not as big or as physical as Cornell (although the 'Cats do have a few 6-footers), but there's no comparison in team speed, which is the case on most nights for CU. UNH is probably similar to Harvard, with a dash more speed and offensive skill, and its two goalies are pretty good as well. Although I wouldn't put them in the class of the CU netminders. CU will have to take the body and slow the 'Cats down, an exhausting task to be sure, but something they can probably do. It will all come down to persistence. If CU scores four times and stays alert and aggressive on D for 60 minutes, it could post an upset. If not, it might be a 4-2 or 5-2 loss. JMHO.

Enjoy the games, folks.

Mark
(BU fan)

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:31PM

Cornell may draw in the neighborhood of 1500. There is always a significant Boston contigent of alumni. Also, most people who made the Lake Placid trip will probably make the Worcester trip.

Fans of other teams always seem to have a difficult time grasping that the Faithful cheer continuously throughout the game, rather than just after a goal, save, or in response to a pep band song. This will be mostly lost in a large barn like the WC (an apt name for the building), but it will come through a little. BU fans who make the trip to Ithaca next year will get the full treatment.

I'll be rooting for Harvard and Cornell in their games -- you may even here a few "ECAC!" cheers from Cornellians in support of the Crimson, since Harvard doesn't seem to have more than a couple dozen or so fans of their own (this is actually not an exagerration for effect, as much as I wish it was -- reports were that Harvard sold *6* tickets out of its student allotment for the ECACs last weekend). And anybody from the ECAC reading the USCHO forum this week will want HE to go down in a blaze of hubris.

It isn't unthinkable that Cornell can go 2-0 -- maybe 10-to-1 against, which was about the likelihood of Kent State gettting to the Sweet 16. If Cornell manages to play their game they ought to be able to handle QU. UNH, rsted, will be a huge challenge -- the best thing Cornell has going for it is that their defensive style tends to limit opposing shots, and Underhill will be facing the end of his college career without ever winning any hardware: he is capable of standing on his head.

Re: Sorry No Re-entry
Posted by: Innkeeper550 (---.block1.tc1.rnktel.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 08:23PM

Based upon my experience with the East Regionals. The last time I was at Worcester Centrum (1999). The do not allow reentry with the tickets. The person who bought my tickets for the event in '99 was an employee of the Worcester Ice cats at the time and even he was not allowed to exit and re-enter.

So I would suspect that it will not work out that way.

Sorry.

I have Tix for Saturday for sale, contact me at innkeeper@us.inter.net.

Michael Roy
Hampton Beach, NH

Re: 6 seat Sec 122, Center Ice
Posted by: Innkeeper550 (---.block1.tc1.rnktel.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 08:33PM

For the Saturday game I have no plan on attending unless I cannot unload the tickets I have.

Section 122, Row A, Seats 10 - 15.

I have been trying to contact message boards for all of the Schools playing on Saturday and a student of Cornell is the only one who sent me information of any value and here I am. So I figure I will extend this offer to Cornell's faithful fans.

Anyhow if you are interested in these Tickets please contact me by e-mail at innkeeper@us.inter.net.

Looking forward to some interest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login