Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Chanting Biographical Information

Posted by hIKE 
Chanting Biographical Information
Posted by: hIKE (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 12:48PM

I have a problem with this, and so do a lot of other people I have spoken to. A bunch of douchebags in Section E, G and M are showing little to no class by painting their chests with Dustin's sister's name, to chanting out phone numbers, and it's gotta stop...It's unoriginal, and leaves the boundaries of the game and the rivalry. Not to mention, its not funny, and the only thing it's doing (if anything) is driving the opponents.

My plea is that whoever reads this, and has been chanting this stupid shit the last couple nights, because most people think it is stupid (and you're making yourself look low class and stupid) is to quit it.

If you have nothing better to do than search for player's biographical information with your free time, then you need to get a life. Write for the school paper, join an intramural team, do some work, anything. Just stop the bullshit.

Thank you.

Re: Chanting Biographical Information
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2004 03:06PM

Many moons ago, I was dating a girl who was playing with Dov's older sister on the Princeton women's team. She was younger than the girl I was dating but Dov's younger than all four of us so hence, his older sister. So I did have the chance to meet his older sister and so when I chant, 'Hey Dov, Your sister is real good if you know what I mean' as a distraction, it's left to other's dirty minds to interpret but it's a true statement (from a hockey standpoint though she has since graduated) and I have a personal connection to his sister though at the time I had no idea he would become our nemesis.

If you don't know a player's sister, don't paint their name on your chest. However, it is funny when added to the 'Hey Dustin, Your Mom called...., Hey Dustin, so and so from your family called...', they said...You SUCK.

As John Foggy would say [I'm bored] This waiting between Games 2 and 3 is taking forever.

idea Maybe we should have just played a mini-game after the game last night :-P

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2004 09:38AM

What about when chanting on a full moon in the third week of a month ending in "Y" against a team with green as a primary color? Is it ok, then Tom? rolleyes

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 03:58PM

Yes, it drives the opponents, It gets under their skin, it throws off their game. That is our mission, to make them as miserable as possible when they play under our roof.

We are not stalking nor threatening them, just getting personal.

If you don't like it, don't do it.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 11:25AM

The full moon is optional moon

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 02:41PM

Frankly, I doubt that something as tasteless as that has the effect you desire or state.

Most D1 athletes are pretty focused guys who pay no attention to that sort of stuff.

All the hockey players I have ever talked to about it shrug it off and basically most pay no attention to signs and chants. I was a goalie and while I didnt play at the D1 level, I did very easily shut out all the extraneous "noise".

Anyone who does anything as classless as this just embaresses themselves and causes visiting fans to think less of the cornell crowd.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 02:53PM

I don't know, it seemed as if Traylen was pretty aware of everything we were yelling considering how worked up he got Sunday night

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 03:35PM

Well, he might be the exception in that he took notice...but apparently played very well.

I just know from years of experience in being a goalie, coaching goalies, and talking with them that they generally try to block out all that stuff.

His post game behavior from what I've read here...I wasn't able to watch or hear the game, sounds pretty poor. Guess he thought that was his chance to "get back" at the fans...but I've always felt winning is "the best revenge".

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 04:26PM

There's a certain former Dartmouth goalie, now coach, who winged a puck at us (and missed by a mile) during warm-ups at the 1980 tournament, and later came over and asked us to "Give it a rest" during warm-ups for the NCAA consolation.

During a game situation, I'd agree they do their best to shut it out, but they hear it.

JH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login