Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC TV ?

Posted by jkahn 
ECAC TV ?
Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 01, 2004 12:15PM

Starting this thread to get info regarding any known TV broadcasts. Each of the last two years a Saturday quarterfinal was shown ('02 Yale @ Cornell on Empire and NESN and '03 RPI @ Cornell on NESN and YES). Also, the Friday semis seem at this point unknown. Perhaps we need to be calling the possible stations to indicate our interest.

Re: ECAC TV ?
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 01, 2004 01:01PM

Jeff Kahn '70 wrote:

Starting this thread to get info regarding any known TV broadcasts. Each of the last two years a Saturday quarterfinal was shown ('02 Yale @ Cornell on Empire and NESN and '03 RPI @ Cornell on NESN and YES). Also, the Friday semis seem at this point unknown. Perhaps we need to be calling the possible stations to indicate our interest.
What worries me is that the most important game, the ECAC final, has been "sold" to CSTV as a single game. One wonders if there's enough incentive for someone like NESN or FSNE or Empire to pick up the leftovers. This has the makings of another ECAC fiasco.

Date: March 01, 2004 03:09PM

Perhaps good news is that the Sabres don't play on Friday the 19th (the ECAC semi-finals date), so Empire at least doesn't have that commitment blocking the possibility of picking up the games. The Sabres also don't conflict with the quarterfinals, as their only game that weekend is at noon on Saturday.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: March 01, 2004 04:35PM

Jeff Kahn '70 wrote:

Perhaps good news is that the Sabres don't play on Friday the 19th (the ECAC semi-finals date), so Empire at least doesn't have that commitment blocking the possibility of picking up the games. The Sabres also don't conflict with the quarterfinals, as their only game that weekend is at noon on Saturday.

As a Sabres fan, I can tell you that any night they don't play is good news for my health yark

Date: March 02, 2004 03:25PM

I received the following from Empire Sports in response to an e-mail and voicemail regarding ECAC telecasts:
[Q]Here's the deal, ECAC Semi #1 will be LIVE Friday at 3:30pm. ECAC Semi #2 will run delayed Saturday morning.

Also Saturday, BOTH Women's games will air LIVE...but the Sabres play that night so the Men's Championship will air delayed Sunday afternoon.[/Q]
I've e-mailed back Empire Sports asking why the delay on semi # 2, as the Sabres are off that night. They can be e-mailed at emp@empiresports.com and the phone number is 716 558-8444.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 03:41PM

Good news. Has anybody checked with NESN?

Date: March 02, 2004 03:49PM

[Q]Has anybody checked with NESN?[/Q]
Just checked their website
[www.boston.com]
which shows Hockey East games on March 5, 13, 19 and 20. The 19th and 20th would be in the same timeslots as the ECAC final four, so we're out of luck there.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 04:03PM

The conflict with Hockey East may be the killer.

Maybe the world needs CSTV2 for overflow.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 04:03PM

Hmm. HE was on FSNE for the past few years, and the ECAC was on NESN. Wonder if FSNE/FSNY/MSG/YES will pick up the other semi.

Posted by: dss28 (---.library.yale.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 04:05PM

It doesn't look as though FSN is going to be of much help, either, but I could be wrong.

[edit: just spent some time poking around FoxSport's website... but I could be wrong, especially in light of the two more recent posts.]

Post Edited (03-02-04 16:07)

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 06:04PM

Dying to know what YES will do since that is optimal for me to record from... ;-)

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 02, 2004 06:08PM

Adam Brown wrote:

Dying to know what YES will do since that is optimal for me to record from... ;-)

If you even ask about getting YES here in the Boston area, they seem to want to hunt you down as traitorous Yankee fans...of course, that would be accurate. Go Yanks!

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.177.---)
Date: March 02, 2004 07:34PM

According to the ECAC website, a to-be-determined quarterfinal game will be televised on CN8 on Friday, March 12.

CN8 will broadcast the semifinal games and ECAC Championship live. Empire Sports Net will broadcast the semifinals and championship game a day later than the games are played.

Leafs TV and Adelphia Cable in Hanover and Burlington will also broadcast playoff games.

[hockey.ecac.org]

Post Edited (03-02-04 19:40)

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 08:20PM

Here's the Comcast (CN8) schedule off its site. This is the Mid-Atlantic region listings (NY NJ PA MD DE) as opposed to New England:

[www.cn8.tv]

Fri., Nov 21 7:30pm New Hampshire @ Northeastern
Sat., Jan 3 7:00pm Boston C. @ Northeastern
Sat., Jan 10 7:00pm St. Lawrence @ Yale
Fri., Mar 12 8:00pm ECAC Tournament Quarterfinal
Fri., Mar 19 4:30pm ECAC Tournament Semifinal #1
Fri., Mar 19 7:45pm ECAC Tournament Semifinal #2
Sat., Mar 20 8:00pm ECAC Tournament Final

Imagine that. The cable guys doing something right for a change.

Scary, though, if Comcast really does take over Disney. Wonder if the same technicians who fix your cable woes will be in charge of QC at Magic Mountain. ("We'll be there to fix it between 8am and noon. No we can't call ahead to tell you when we're on the way.";)

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 02, 2004 08:33PM

Comcast is EVIL!!!!
Does anyone know if there's anyway to get CN8 on DirecTV?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2004 09:26PM

judy '01 wrote:

Comcast is EVIL!!!!
I'm with Judy. Trust the ECAC to go with some chickenshit cable outlet, just when all the other major conferences have games available nationwide via satellite (and not just playoffs, somebody's been on every weekend night for basically the whole season).

Date: March 04, 2004 12:21PM

Since there was a conflict with what Empire Sports emailed to me (i.e. that semi #1 would be on live) and what the ECAC page shows (that semi #1 is on tape delay on Empire), I again e-mailed Empire. I also urged them to put semi# 2 on live, since the Sabres aren't playing that night.
They responded by sending me the following schedule, but not addressing the semi # 2 issue. At least it's good news on semi #1, and hopefully it's correct. However, if it's like last year, the number #1 seed may have the early game, and we'd be playing in tape delayed semi # 2.
[Q]ECAC Hockey Schedule
As of 3/4/04

Date event time live or tape delay

3/19 ECAC Hockey (M) 3:30 PM Live
3/20 ECAC Hockey (M) 9:00 AM TD
3/20 ECAC Hockey (W) noon Live
3/20 ECAC Hockey (W) 3:00 PM Live
3/21 ECAC Final (W) noon Live
3/21 ECAC Final (M) 3:00 PM TD [/Q]

Date: March 04, 2004 12:32PM

Jeff Kahn '70 wrote:

At least it's good news on semi #1, and hopefully it's correct. However, if it's like last year, the number #1 seed may have the early game, and we'd be playing in tape delayed semi # 2.
[Q]ECAC Hockey Schedule
As of 3/4/04

Date event time live or tape delay

3/19 ECAC Hockey (M) 3:30 PM Live
3/20 ECAC Hockey (M) 9:00 AM TD
3/20 ECAC Hockey (W) noon Live
3/20 ECAC Hockey (W) 3:00 PM Live
3/21 ECAC Final (W) noon Live
3/21 ECAC Final (M) 3:00 PM TD [/Q]
The highest remaining seed will play in semi #1, unless, I suppose, the coach throws a hissy fit and demands semi #2. So we need someone to knock off Colgate the week before.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 04, 2004 07:22PM

All righty then, I'm a little confused.
Will I be able to watch these games when I get home cuz they're being broadcast on Empire? Or will I be swearing at Comcast (yet again)? or do they both get to broadcast the games?

Separate rant, why must comcast have both comcast sports net and cn8 to broadcast hockey games on???? And you're forced to be a comcast subscriber to watch cn8?

And does Comcast really own that much of the Northeast? I know they own most of MD and most of the metro Philly area...but they've got some competition in DC and northern VA with star power and cox.

I guess the rant lasted a little longer than I intended.

Date: March 05, 2004 08:30AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

judy '01 wrote:

Comcast is EVIL!!!!
I'm with Judy. Trust the ECAC to go with some chickenshit cable outlet, just when all the other major conferences have games available nationwide via satellite (and not just playoffs, somebody's been on every weekend night for basically the whole season).[/Q]

The CSTV schedule page still shows the ECAC championship game for March 20 at 8pm. CN8 and CSTV (satellite only, it seems) are pretty much "mutually exclusive" unless someone has both cable and satellite service.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2004 09:32AM by .

Date: March 05, 2004 09:19AM

In my continuing e-mail dialogue with Empire Sports, I sent the following trying to encourage them to pick up semi #2:
[Q]Thanks for the response. Why the delay on ECAC semi #2, scheduled for Fri. 3/19 at 7:45, as the Sabres aren't playing on Friday? There are thousands of us who would be anxious to watch. Thanks.[/Q]

They responded as follows:
[Q]A prior programming commitment precludes us from showing that game live. Good luck to the Big Red![/Q]
I suggest that others politely let them know that we'd be interested in seeing semi #2 and also the quarter-final games with Cornell. They can be e-mailed at emp@empiresports.com.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2004 07:47PM

So, as Greenberg posted on another thread, we may at least have a webcast on [cn8.tv]

I'd be happy about that if I were still in Switzerland.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2004 08:18PM

and hooray for an easy capture on the computer!!

Posted by: REDhead (---.dialup.lightlink.com)
Date: March 06, 2004 10:42AM

Mentioned on another thread: CSTV has been added to the Time Warner cable line-up. It's a digital channel (242) and available in a package with Empire Sports, a few Fox Sports channels, the Tennis channel, something called Fuel & NBA TV.
The cost of the package is around $5/month.
If I read the preceeding posts correctly, those of us in Ithaca will be able to catch the Friday semi-finals at 3:30 live, the later game on tape-delay on Saturday at 9 am (both on Empire) and the ECAC championship game live on CSTV by getting this package.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2004 10:48AM by .

Posted by: jkahn (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2004 04:32PM

In my continuing efforts to increase ECAC TV coverage, I e-mailed Kristy McNeil, an intern with the ECAC whose name was on the ECAC press release containing the TV schedule. My e-mail and the response are below:

[Q]Hi Kristy,
Saw your press release with the ECAC men's hockey telecast schedule. Are you guys doing anything to try to get the quarterfinals and semis on live television other than CN8? There are many of us scattered around the country (I'm in the Chicago area) who would like to see the games, and who have subscribed to directv basically because we love college hockey (and went to ECAC schools). Thanks.
Jeff Kahn
Cornell hockey fan

Jeff
We do have five different networks picking up the games. I am finalzing a
press release on that, but CN8 wanted its own press release, so that is why
that was up first. The full-tv release will be early next week. Thanks!
-Kristy[/Q]

Since Empire has already confirmed that they are airing semi #1 live (even though that wasn't shown in the ECAC press release), hopefully they can find (or have found) someone to do semi #2 live and maybe a quarterfinal.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2004 04:34PM by .

Date: March 10, 2004 05:28PM

I received the attached pdf file from Kristy McNeil at the ECAC regarding satellite coordinates. Although it doesn't help me, perhaps it might help someone out there. Although not happy with their TV package, at least they are trying the be helpful.

Also, I did receive a response to an e-mail sent to Phil Buttafuoco today, which I posted on another thread, but will re-post here. Unfortunately, there's nothing new to us in it, since I had previous info directly from Empire on their schedule.[Q]

Date: March 10, 2004 05:43PM

I received the following this afternoon from Kristy McNeil at the ECAC regarding satellite coordinates for Albany. Although it doesn't help me, perhaps it might help someone out there. Although not happy with their TV package, at least they are trying to be helpful.
[Q]Satellite: AMC 09 (Ku)
Transponder: 17
Bandwith: 36 MHz
Orbital Slot: 85 Degrees West Longitude
Uplink Freq: 14340 (H)
Downlink Freq: 12040 (V)
Carrier Access: SES Americom Vernon V
Origination: TBA [/Q]

Also, I did receive a response to an e-mail sent to Phil Buttafuoco today, which I posted on another thread, but will re-post here. Unfortunately, there's nothing new to us in it, since I had previous info directly from Empire on their schedule.
[Q]Jeff:

Thank you for your email. We will be announcing this week a relationship
with Empire Sports Network and CSTV (men's championship only) that will
allow Directv viewers to watch ECAC Hockey men's and women's semifinal and
championship action.

Check your listing for live and delayed coverage throughout the weekend of
March 19-21.

Phil[/Q]
I've e-mailed Phil back urging him to find someone to pick up semi #2 live (in addition to the cable deals they have in the northeast). There's a good chance that could be Cornell's time slot.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2004 09:58AM by .

Hockey East quarterfinals TV
Date: March 12, 2004 01:51PM

For all the flak we've given the ECAC about their telecasting partners...can anyone find a Hockey East game on the tube this weekend? help

Re: Hockey East quarterfinals TV
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 02:13PM

From NESN.com's college hockey page:

SAT. MAR. 13 OR
SUN. MAR. 14 HOCKEY EAST TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL/GAME TBA 7 p.m.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.focaldata.net)
Date: March 18, 2004 04:55PM

I took a look at Empire Sports website for their schedule and this is what I found for tomorrow.

Mar 19 3:30 p.m. (HKY) (ECAC) Semifinal #1 (LIVE)
Mar 19 4 p.m. (LAX) Lacrosse Weekly #2
Mar 19 6 p.m. (AUT) No Speed Limit #49
Mar 19 6:30 p.m. (NWS) Empire Sports Report (LIVE)
Mar 19 7 p.m. (WR) NCAA Semifinals, St. Louis, MO (LIVE)

I assume the first semifinal is still going to start at 4:30 and this schedule will be tweaked. Does anyone have a suggested bar in Greenwich Village or vicinity that might show the game - despite the basketball tournament?

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2004 04:12PM

Posted this on another thread. Watching the ECAC women semifinals on CN8. Game 1 between Harvard and Brown going very long because it is late in the first overtime and there has been a 15-minute plus delay due to a serious injury to a Harvard player. Anybody guess what might happen if the second women's game is still going on - was supposed to start at 4 p.m. but likely delayed at least 90 minutes - by 8 p.m. since CN8 is supposed to cover both the women's semi's and the men's championships?

Date: March 20, 2004 04:53PM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

Posted this on another thread. Watching the ECAC women semifinals on CN8. Game 1 between Harvard and Brown going very long because it is late in the first overtime and there has been a 15-minute plus delay due to a serious injury to a Harvard player. Anybody guess what might happen if the second women's game is still going on - was supposed to start at 4 p.m. but likely delayed at least 90 minutes - by 8 p.m. since CN8 is supposed to cover both the women's semi's and the men's championships? [/Q]
Don't know, Tom, but the Harvard-Clarkson game is on CSTV, for those who have satellite.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2004 05:52PM

For those who have DirecTV, more accurately. We DiSH people might be SOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login