Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2014 08:50AM

Towerroad
Trotsky
All I want from life is for us to do this at Lynah East.
I prefer the Haka

[www.youtube.com]
That would be awesome on skates.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 06, 2014 02:00PM

Trotsky
Towerroad
Trotsky
I prefer the Haka

[www.youtube.com]
That would be awesome on skates.

I was thinking more like the Faithful but on Skates it would be awesome.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: May 06, 2014 06:02PM

Trotsky

I, for one, would not mind tifos in hockey.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: August 12, 2014 04:12PM

Lynah East Season Tickets are now on sale. After both of them are sold anyone want to guess when the single game ticket will be available?

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 19, 2014 07:19AM

the website lists single game tickets as going on sale on Sept 2nd. Says it here: [tickets.gocrimson.com]

not sure what time exactly though...

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 01, 2014 07:12PM

reminder tickets go on sale tomorrow (not sure what time).

Looks like they're charging $30/ticket for the Cornell game vs $20 normally (and $25 for the Yale game)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: September 02, 2014 09:08AM

Get buying, they are close to sold out, so they say.

Posted by: Killer (161.247.135.---)
Date: September 02, 2014 09:26AM

Jim Hyla
Get buying, they are close to sold out, so they say.

It was a struggle on the web site, but I finally managed to get tickets. A little spread out, but we're in.

LGR!

Posted by: jaybert (---.sub-70-215-24.myvzw.com)
Date: September 02, 2014 10:39AM

Picked up 2. The choose your own seats option sucked , didn't show any availability but when i did the best available, was able to get 2 no problem. Out of curiosity I selected 6 and it found them no issues. This was at around 9:40am est. Maybe too late now , but try best available if the choose your own seats doesn't work

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2014 10:54AM

Not sure why the Harvard site was so bad this year. And why did it keep bouncing to Football games? SRO only available now. SRO same price as ticketed seat.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: September 02, 2014 01:24PM

SRO has been the same price as a regular seat for several years now. I used to pick up SRO for $8.

Harvard price-gouging:

Most games: $20
Yale game: $25
Cornell game: $30

I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop giving money to Harvard and use my streaming subscription for this. This one game is almost as much as a 4-month pass to ILDN.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: September 02, 2014 02:52PM

RichH
I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop giving money to Harvard and use my streaming subscription for this. This one game is almost as much as a 4-month pass to ILDN.

The $30 for the ticket is dwarfed by the cost of transportation, alcohol, and bail. It shouldn't drive the decision.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 02, 2014 04:00PM

RichH
Harvard price-gouging:

I find it amazing that they can charge $20 for every other game. It's not like they've been good or anything.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2014 07:13PM

KeithK
RichH
Harvard price-gouging:

I find it amazing that they can charge $20 for every other game. It's not like they've been good or anything.

I think in this case the revenue derived from Sucks fans paying $20 or $0.05 or $1000 per ticket would be the same.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 03, 2014 10:06AM

They also spike the prices a bit for whenever BU and BC play there (both happened last year). But generally, they have attendance issues.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2014 10:53AM

Trotsky
RichH

The $30 for the ticket is dwarfed by the cost of transportation, alcohol, and bail. It shouldn't drive the decision.

"To Harvard" are the important words. And how much is the Cornell Club of Boston charging for the honor of hanging out at the bar where we used to just do the same thing by ourselves?

Actually, you just reminded me that my car was towed after that game last year, so you're not that far off.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 03, 2014 11:01AM

Towerroad
KeithK
RichH
Harvard price-gouging:

I think in this case the revenue derived from Sucks fans paying $20 or $0.05 or $1000 per ticket would be the same.

More to the point, the $20 regular game price helps them justify the $25 Yale and $30 Cornell game prices, and those two games probably net them more than the other regular season games combined. If they really priced down to demand - e.g., $5 - the $30 for our game would seem outrageous instead of merely greedy.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 04, 2014 09:24AM

They suffer through the indignities of the Lynah East game so that they can enjoy the deathly quiet of an empty Bright the rest of the year. Hockey how it's meant to be played!

Date: September 04, 2014 10:27AM

Scersk '97
They suffer through the indignities of the Lynah East game so that they can enjoy the deathly quiet of an empty Bright the rest of the year. Hockey how it's meant to be played!

It is not so quiet the rest of the year. You can hear the crickets and the rats make noise when they scurry about.

Date: September 04, 2014 06:58PM

Towerroad
Scersk '97

It is not so quiet the rest of the year. You can hear the crickets and the rats make noise when they scurry about.

I also forgot that in an closet in the building Harvard has a special rapid stamping press. The rest of the year you can hear it clunking out its paricular rythm ehay ehay ehay ehay......

It is a very busy machine.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 04, 2014 09:31PM

Towerroad
Scersk '97

They're not scurrying, they're just partying to celebrate their straight As.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 09, 2014 11:41AM

Take Away Harvard's Nonprofit Status

This might be far enough afield to belong in JSID, but it occurred to me to post it here because Harvard sucks, so...

Date: September 09, 2014 05:44PM

Josh '99

This might be far enough afield to belong in JSID, but it occurred to me to post it here because Harvard sucks, so...
I hate Harvard as much as the next guy, but that article is breathtakingly stupid.

Date: September 09, 2014 08:20PM

Trotsky
Josh '99

I hate Harvard as much as the next guy, but that article is breathtakingly stupid.

Must have been written by a Sucks grad.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: September 09, 2014 09:05PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Personally, I get more of a Cornell vibe from the UC Berkeley campus than I do from Stanford.

The hills, the clock tower, the not looking like a Taco Bell...

Apparently Olmsted, or at least his company, did all three. The Stanfords had the idea of making the campus a utopian community, building on the California vernacular and locating buildings in an egalitarian republican way. Stanford's charter also calls for teahing the virtues of cooperative forms of economic organization. It also was free for about the first 50 years.

Amazing how a robber baron came to seek social reform.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 09:24AM by Swampy.

Date: September 09, 2014 11:23PM

Swampy
jtwcornell91
RichH
Personally, I get more of a Cornell vibe from the UC Berkeley campus than I do from Stanford.

Apparently Olmsted, or at least his company, did all three. The Stanfords had the idea of making the campus a utopian community, building on the California vernacular and locating buildings in an egalitarian republican way. Stanford's charter also calls for the virtues of cooperative forms of economic organization. It also was free for about the first 50 years.

Deeply ironic, considering what it's become.

Date: September 09, 2014 11:43PM

Trotsky
Swampy
jtwcornell91
RichH

Apparently Olmsted, or at least his company, did all three. The Stanfords had the idea of making the campus a utopian community, building on the California vernacular and locating buildings in an egalitarian republican way. Stanford's charter also calls for teaching the virtues of cooperative forms of economic organization. It also was free for about the first 50 years.

Deeply ironic, considering what it's become.

Exactly!

Then again, A. D. White wanted to create a university "free from religious influences," "free from political influences," and "free from commercial influences." Given the world we live in, I suppose one out of three is not too bad. (Think Tech Campus, in which a politician/business magnate diverted a huge chunk of alma mater to the direct service of commercial interests.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 09:22AM by Swampy.

Date: September 10, 2014 09:38AM

Getting back to this thread's topic, did anyone notice this article in last Sunday's Times?

Can you believe it? Cornell actually named a building after a guy who went to Harvard and didn't get all A's! In the words of the immortal Cal Worthington, "Money talks, nobody walks!"

(Bill's professor must have given him "the C+ at Harvard." I remember going to see a professor at Cornell and asking why my team got an A- on a statistics paper since the graded version had not a single negative comment. He explained that another team had done equally good work but had written a computer program to calculate the statistics, so he "gave them the A." I was pretty pissed because I had spent my co-op summer doing systems programming at IBM and certainly could have written a program -- i.e., prepare a deck for BMD, as the other team had -- and saved us lots of time, but we thought we were supposed to use the clunky, microwave-sized calculating machines to compute the statistics by hand so we'd get better intuitions about the calculations.)

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: September 10, 2014 05:39PM

Reminds me of something in freshman year Comp Sci 100.

We did everything through the semester in PL/C, then right at the end of the course were grudgingly taught Fortran 4 "since everyone in industry uses Fortran." But we were taught 4 as "proof" that PL/1 was a better programming language than Fortran. What they tried to hide was that Fortran 5 already existed and got rid of all of the clunkiness of 4 making 5 much more PL/1-like.

But I had a friend who was an Ag-Eng who learned Fortran 5 in the Ag-Eng Comp Sci course. He who showed me how to use 5 instead of 4. So I did my last program assignment in 5. It pissed off the profs, but I got off with a warning (and an A on the assignment).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 07:26AM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Date: September 10, 2014 07:29PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Reminds me of something freshman year Comp Sci 100.

We did everything through the semester in PL/C, then right at the end of the course were grudgingly taught Fortran 4 "since everyone in industry uses Fortran." But we were taught 4 as "proof" that PL/1 was a better programming language than Fortran. What they tried to hide was that Fortran 5 already existed and got rid of all of the clunkiness of 4 making 5 much more PL/1-like.

But I had a friend who was an Ag-Eng who learned Fortran 5 in the Ag-Eng Comp Sci course. He who showed me how to use 5 instead of 4. So I did my last program assignment in 5. It pissed off the profs, but I got off with a warning (and an A on the assignment).
The taught us PL/C in CS 100 in '82. I actually really loved that stupid language and would retro-program in it in a heartbeat if I could.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 07:30PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 05, 2014 09:19AM

Ken Schott on Harvard.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 12, 2014 01:53PM

Not sure where to put this tidbit. On Friday's (10/10) Olberman's show Worst Persons in the Sports World segment, Keith had AHL Adirondack's Flames President Brian Petrovek and the rest of the organization for their mascot selection. This year the Adirondack team is affiliated with the Calgary Flames and as such needed a new mascot...SCORCH and Keith thought the Adirondack's Flames didn't think the mascot selection (and its backstory) all the way through. Where this ties into Cornell Hockey is that Petrovek was the Harvard goalie back in the 70's and endured all sorts of taunts and humiliation at the hands of the Lynah faithful and well just maybe (as Keith speculates) it still has after effects.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2014 03:19PM

Rita
Not sure where to put this tidbit. On Friday's (10/10) Olberman's show Worst Persons in the Sports World segment, Keith had AHL Adirondack's Flames President Brian Petrovek and the rest of the organization for their mascot selection. This year the Adirondack team is affiliated with the Calgary Flames and as such needed a new mascot...SCORCH and Keith thought the Adirondack's Flames didn't think the mascot selection (and its backstory) all the way through. Where this ties into Cornell Hockey is that Petrovek was the Harvard goalie back in the 70's and endured all sorts of taunts and humiliation at the hands of the Lynah faithful and well just maybe (as Keith speculates) it still has after effects.
If you don't want to listen to Keith for 8 minutes before he getes to that story, here's the Post-Star account and the Democrat and Chronicle.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 12, 2014 04:25PM

Rita
Not sure where to put this tidbit. On Friday's (10/10) Olberman's show Worst Persons in the Sports World segment
Has he featured himself yet?

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 13, 2014 12:54PM

Kyle Rose
Rita
Not sure where to put this tidbit. On Friday's (10/10) Olberman's show Worst Persons in the Sports World segment
Has he featured himself yet?

Not yet. He is too busy trying to get Roger Goodell fired and a nickname change for that NFL team in DC.

I don't mind the rants, they make the dog walks more entertaining.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2014 08:41AM

David Harding
If you don't want to listen to Keith for 8 minutes before he getes to that story, here's the Post-Star account and the Democrat and Chronicle.

Even the apology statement could have benefitted from a bit more thought...

We have obviously turned something good, the launch of a mascot which we will use to entertain and encourage young fans

"...entertain and encourage young fans"?

"Hey, kids! Play with fire!"

Date: October 14, 2014 09:14AM

Give My Regards
David Harding

Even the apology statement could have benefitted from a bit more thought...

We have obviously turned something good, the launch of a mascot which we will use to entertain and encourage young fans

"...entertain and encourage young fans"?

"Hey, kids! Play with fire!"

Just think, instead of free hockey puck night you could have free pack of matches night, or free road flares.

Date: October 14, 2014 12:49PM

Normally, I wouldn't have given it two thoughts. However, I first saw the picture two days after the Hartford FD lost an on-duty firefighter for the first time in over 40 years, and there was an obvious amount of hero-coverage locally. I'm not saying I was offended, but there was an involuntary eyebrow movement.

Date: October 14, 2014 01:55PM

[poststar.com]

Posted by: kaelistus (69.38.150.---)
Date: October 14, 2014 02:55PM

To their credit. That was a genuine apology. Not a "We're sorry you got offended" apology which is much more common. Good for them.

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 16, 2014 10:02AM

Hockey season is coming Red and White game Sat. Night! YEAH! . . . .

but for Harvard 'news' see Interview by Daniel Roth, Executive Editor at LinkedIn: 'The Danger in Working With MBAs or Harvard Grads — And Other Advice from a Shark'

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2014 08:52AM

Of course they're on this list. Astonishingly, they're not #1:

GQ: America's 25 Douchiest Colleges

Date: October 17, 2014 10:48AM

Give My Regards
Of course they're on this list. Astonishingly, they're not #1:

GQ: America's 25 Douchiest Colleges

Weren't we number 1 on this list a few years ago?

(Obviously it's just clickbait, but still... glass houses.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2014 10:48AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Dutchman (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2014 04:05PM

FYI
Harvard Men's Ice Hockey Mic'd Up: Coach Donato
October 15, 2014
[www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

Date: October 31, 2014 02:13PM

Harvard sucks. In honor of opening night, it needed to be said.

Date: November 07, 2014 03:30PM

Cheers.

Date: November 07, 2014 06:29PM

Trotsky
Cheers.
That would be more fun if we weren't #45 out of #59.

Date: November 10, 2014 07:38AM

How about this. Not only is the government and business following Harvard, but........

Posted by: Dutchman (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2014 11:15PM

Harvard just beat BC 6-3. Not sure Harvard Sucks anymore ....

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2014 11:20PM

They still suck.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2014 11:42PM

Dutchman

BC also just lost to UConn...

Date: November 12, 2014 07:11AM

Chris '03
Dutchman

BC also just lost to UConn...

and Tuesday played with a third string goalie, but......

Posted by: French Rage (38.99.127.---)
Date: November 12, 2014 09:16PM

Dutchman

Of course they did. It's not a Beanpot game.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: November 13, 2014 10:46AM

French Rage
Dutchman

Or an NCAA game.

Date: November 13, 2014 01:51PM

Trotsky
French Rage
Dutchman

Or an NCAA game.
Harvard Sucking has nothing to do with their athletic prowess or lack thereof. It is existential.

Date: November 22, 2014 12:05PM

They still suck, but some of these are legit.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: November 25, 2014 09:42PM

Pesky Harvard knocked off BU in OT tonight...

BU had 42 SOG and Harvard had 33(!) blocked shots.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2014 04:56AM

Harvard B-School prof makes a federal case out of being overcharged by local Chinese restaurant.

Ben Edelman, Harvard Business School Professor, Goes to War Over $4 Worth of Chinese Food

Date: December 10, 2014 08:27AM

billhoward
Harvard B-School prof makes a federal case out of being overcharged by local Chinese restaurant.

Ben Edelman, Harvard Business School Professor, Goes to War Over $4 Worth of Chinese Food
It probably works out to $0.10/hr for him. That seems like fair compensation for a Sucks Grad.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 05, 2015 11:42PM

Because it is often hard to follow links to pages in the New York Times with certain browsers I bring the first link in this search to your attention.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 11:45PM by marty.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: January 06, 2015 03:18PM

marty
Because it is often hard to follow links to pages in the New York Times with certain browsers I bring the first link in this search to your attention.

Typical rolleyes

Date: January 06, 2015 06:22PM

TimV
marty

Typical rolleyes

But But But it was never supposed to apply to us.

Date: January 12, 2015 02:40PM

The USCHO Harvard thread is basically a wake right now. Apparently they've sustained some injuries to some of their best players. But losing once after an 8-game winning streak provokes a panic? Those bad years really left a mark.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.ngpsoftware.com)
Date: January 12, 2015 03:58PM

[jezebel.com]

See you all in Boston next month.

Date: January 12, 2015 04:10PM

Ben Rocky '04
[jezebel.com]

See you all in Boston next month.

Talk about low hanging fruit. It is almost not fair. Step 1, remove stick

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.ccs.itd.umich.edu)
Date: January 23, 2015 11:04AM

Behold the flying fish! Good morning everyone. Happy Hahvahd Game day!

Posted by: quickrabbit5 (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 23, 2015 11:37AM

Anyone know whether the players Sucks fans were worried about being injured are in fact playing or not today?

Date: February 01, 2015 09:30AM

On the Harvard thread on USCHO, their fans (the number who whom increased greatly this year, go figure) are already writing post-mortems and getting ready for next season. Tough crowd when you're in 3rd.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 09:32AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: dbilmes (32.218.120.---)
Date: February 03, 2015 08:14PM

Harvard sieve Michalek has set a Beanpot record with 63 saves against BU, but Harvard lost 4-3 in double OT after leading 3-1 in second period.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 08:54PM by dbilmes.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 04, 2015 12:22AM

dbilmes
Harvard sieve Michalek has set a Beanpot record with 63 saves against BU, but Harvard lost 4-3 in double OT after leading 3-1 in second period.

It wouldn't be 4pm on the second Monday in February if Harvard wasn't playing hockey.

Date: February 04, 2015 09:44AM

dbilmes
A sieve is a sieve regardless

Date: February 04, 2015 10:16AM

Chris '03
dbilmes

It wouldn't be 4pm on the second Monday in February if Harvard wasn't playing hockey.
Too bad there's no rep.

Date: February 04, 2015 10:27AM

Going by the box score and the Harvard thread in USCHO, in the 40 minutes from the 2:00 mark of the third period to the end of the game, Harvard was outshot 40-6. Michalek saved the first 39.

That is a tough loss.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 10:29AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: February 04, 2015 10:40AM

Anyone find it odd that the beanpot goes into unlimited overtime, rather than 5 mins and a tie with a shootout to determine who goes forward like in Estero?

Date: February 04, 2015 10:51AM

Dafatone
Anyone find it odd that the beanpot goes into unlimited overtime, rather than 5 mins and a tie with a shootout to determine who goes forward like in Estero?

Tournaments can make their own rules, especially self-important ones like the Beanpot.

My question: Does the NCAA consider that a tie in PWR considerations after 5 minutes of OT?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2015 11:08AM

RichH
Dafatone

Tournaments can make their own rules, especially self-important ones like the Beanpot.

My question: Does the NCAA consider that a tie in PWR considerations after 5 minutes of OT?

They certainly have not in the past. Games decided in overtime have been considered wins and losses.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: February 04, 2015 12:26PM

RichH
Dafatone

It makes sense for the Beanpot, because there's a week between games. I'm all for some preservation of actual hockey rather than the dreaded That Which Will Not Be Named.

Date: February 04, 2015 01:11PM

Trotsky
RichH
Dafatone

It makes sense for the Beanpot, because there's a week between games. I'm all for some preservation of actual hockey rather than the dreaded That Which Will Not Be Named.
Agreed. It almost makes sense to have a shootout on day one of a back to back tournament like Estero (it doesn't but I can see the argument). t makes no sense to do so when teams have three days to recover before their next game.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr1.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 09, 2015 10:06AM

Chris '03
dbilmes

There must be a rip in the time-space continuum: it's the second Monday in February and Harvard will not be playing hockey at 4:00 PM.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2015 11:58AM

Killer
Chris '03
dbilmes

There must be a rip in the time-space continuum: it's the second Monday in February and Harvard will not be playing hockey at 4:00 PM.
ugarte will tell us the legal term for this is "stay of execution."

Date: February 09, 2015 05:17PM

Al DeFlorio
Killer
Chris '03
dbilmes

ugarte will tell us the legal term for this is "stay of execution."
Except that based on his signature he "ignores" this thread.

Date: February 13, 2015 11:32AM

Trivia contest on the Harvard hockey site.

In other news, there's a Harvard hockey site.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-209-138.myvzw.com)
Date: February 13, 2015 12:38PM

Trotsky

Here's the booby prize from Sucks:

Share the Harvard Trivia Challenge with your friends on Facebook or Twitter and you'll receive 10% off all Harvard Merchandise! Need a shirt or jersey for game day??

Date: February 13, 2015 12:46PM

Like any Harvard exam, the answers are given out beforehand.

Date: February 13, 2015 12:51PM

marty
Trotsky

Here's the booby prize from Sucks:

Share the Harvard Trivia Challenge with your friends on Facebook or Twitter and you'll receive 10% off all Harvard Merchandise! Need a shirt or jersey for game day??

No, but I might need TP

Posted by: djk26 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 13, 2015 01:44PM

Trotsky

I answered the questions. One of them was, "What is the date of the game against Cornell?" If "when's the game" qualifies as a trivia question, then that is not a sign of an engaged fanbase. Then again, I understand that home crowds at Lynah haven't exactly been setting the world on fire the past few years.

The site asked me to enter an email address to receive a code to help Harvard "beat" Cornell because apparently "it's a close race." I don't know what that means...I doubt there's a corresponding Cornell trivia contest (although if there is I hope it has better questions.)

The email address I entered was "harvardsucks@cornell.edu". Childish, churlish, and fake, yes, but...but...Harvard sucks.

Date: February 13, 2015 01:52PM

djk26
Trotsky

I answered the questions. One of them was, "What is the date of the game against Cornell?" If "when's the game" qualifies as a trivia question, then that is not a sign of an engaged fanbase. Then again, I understand that home crowds at Lynah haven't exactly been setting the world on fire the past few years.

The site asked me to enter an email address to receive a code to help Harvard "beat" Cornell because apparently "it's a close race." I don't know what that means...I doubt there's a corresponding Cornell trivia contest (although if there is I hope it has better questions.)

The email address I entered was "harvardsucks@cornell.edu". Childish, churlish, and fake, yes, but...but...Harvard sucks.

Well done. I try to make the game each year, I live in the Boston area and I am certain we will outnumber their "fans" again this year. Harvard Sucks!

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: February 13, 2015 04:25PM

djk26
Trotsky

In fairness, Cornell's site is running an equally idiotic trivia contest. Apparently there's a "competition" to see which fan base can answer questions for which the answers appear on the page in front of them faster.

Date: March 02, 2015 07:04PM

Sucks on sucks violence.

Please do not neglect the Comments.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 07:08PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Towerroad (12.235.85.---)
Date: March 03, 2015 09:40AM

Trotsky
Sucks on sucks violence.

Call the Physics Dept! You have discovered something denser and suckier than a black hole.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (204.27.156.---)
Date: March 03, 2015 12:12PM

Trotsky
Sucks on sucks violence.

500 cups? That constutes a party? I remember one of the fraternities went through 50 kegs at one of their parties.

F'in pikers.

Date: March 03, 2015 12:55PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
Sucks on sucks violence.

500 cups? That constutes a party? I remember one of the fraternities went through 50 kegs at one of their parties.

F'in pikers.
I translated it as 500 guests (cups are refillable) which, to be fair, would make a 10-person suite look like a the gorilla cage at the zoo.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (204.27.156.---)
Date: March 03, 2015 03:52PM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
Trotsky
Sucks on sucks violence.

F'in pikers.
I translated it as 500 guests (cups are refillable) which, to be fair, would make a 10-person suite look like a the gorilla cage at the zoo.

Which is why 500 actual cups left lying round the suite made more sense to me. It also felt more whiny preppy-boy to me if he was truly complaining about having to clean up 500 cups. Guess they don't have maids in their suites, like they do in daddy's mansion.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2015 04:40PM

Who the hell cares? Just my opinion.

Date: March 12, 2015 09:56AM

Harvard needs one of these.

Extra points for the Vietnam Memorial styling.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 04, 2015 09:42AM

Quotes from Cornell's Charter Day Presidential panel as reported in the Ithaca Voice.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 04, 2015 09:46AM

George64
Quotes from Cornell's Charter Day Presidential panel as reported in the Ithaca Voice.

I must have stopped watching before these two gems. I will miss Skorton, but he's moving to a wonderful position.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: May 04, 2015 12:29PM

George64
Can someone explain the second one to me? It went over my head. (Is "celeb asst" short for "celebrity assistants"? Fuck Twitter.)

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 05, 2015 08:55PM

Hunter Rawlings offered this advice to Beth Garrett: "Don't listen to the trustees." He's still annoyed that a trustee took him aside early in Rawliongs' tenure and said the med school really should be sold off.

Harvard did note that international students get full access to financial aid. Cornell aims its aid at USA students.

Date: May 05, 2015 09:41PM

Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login