Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 6 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2011 08:25PM

KeithK
Trotsky
With the win, Cornell has 5 straight wins against Harvard, their longest streak since 6 straight during the Silver Age of '02-04. Schafer is 21-9-1 in regular season games against them: 10-4-1 in Fish N Fowl and 11-5-0 at Lynah East.

When Mike became coach Cornell was 41-45-5 all-time vs Harvard and had just gone 2-20-3 from the infamous 11-3 Lynah loss to the end of the McCutcheon era. Since then Cornell is 30-12-2.

Thank you, Schafer.
...and Tomassoni and Mazzolini and Donato. But mostly Schafer. Thank you Schafer.
Yeah, they have had a string of them, haven't they.

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: February 01, 2011 01:03AM

Jim Hyla
KeithK
Trotsky
With the win, Cornell has 5 straight wins against Harvard, their longest streak since 6 straight during the Silver Age of '02-04. Schafer is 21-9-1 in regular season games against them: 10-4-1 in Fish N Fowl and 11-5-0 at Lynah East.

When Mike became coach Cornell was 41-45-5 all-time vs Harvard and had just gone 2-20-3 from the infamous 11-3 Lynah loss to the end of the McCutcheon era. Since then Cornell is 30-12-2.

Thank you, Schafer.
...and Tomassoni and Mazzolini and Donato. But mostly Schafer. Thank you Schafer.
Yeah, they have had a string of them, haven't they.
During which, Harvard won 4 ECAC championships. There are 10 other ECAC teams that dream of such a string...

Posted by: BigRedNH (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 10:45AM

Tomassoni - 140-115-26 - ECAC Regular Season Champs - 91-92, 92-93, 93-94 - ECAC Tournament Champs - 93-94 - Frozen Four 93-94

Mazzolini - 82-72-11 - ECAC Tournament Champs 01-02, 03-04

Donato - 95-102-20 - ECAC Tournament Champs 05-06

In Donato's first two years with Mazzolini's players he went 21-10-3 and 21-12-2 with two NCAA appearances and an ECAC Tournament Championship. Since then he has went 53-83-15 not counting this year' 4-16-0 mark. Perhaps Tomassoni was not so bad after all????

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 01, 2011 12:30PM

Don't bother me with facts and details! Those three men coached for Harvard so clearly they sucked. Case closed!

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 04:51PM

KeithK
Don't bother me with facts and details! Those three men coached for Harvard so clearly they sucked. Case closed!

Amen!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 05:08PM

BigRedNH
Tomassoni - 140-115-26 - ECAC Regular Season Champs - 91-92, 92-93, 93-94 - ECAC Tournament Champs - 93-94 - Frozen Four 93-94

In Donato's first two years with Mazzolini's players he went 21-10-3 and 21-12-2 with two NCAA appearances and an ECAC Tournament Championship. Since then he has went 53-83-15 not counting this year' 4-16-0 mark. Perhaps Tomassoni was not so bad after all????
I guess it depends on whether you're of the Clarkson school of thought (regular season is more important) or the Cornell school of thought (postseason is more important). If you're a postseason believer, I think you would say that RT underachieved after inheriting a team just one year removed from winning a national championship, with players like Ted Donato and Ted Drury, and then basically ran it into the ground after 1994. Mazz, on the other hand, had to compete with the great Cornell teams of the early '00s and still managed a couple of conference championships. And Donato is just in over his head, and pretty much has been all along.

The one thing they all have in common is that they're easy to dislike.

Posted by: BigRedNH (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 01:33PM

Easy to dislike is an understatement...they are all that is bad and evil in this world, certainly in New England at the very least.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 01:49PM

Josh '99
BigRedNH

I guess it depends on whether you're of the Clarkson school of thought (regular season is more important) or the Cornell school of thought (postseason is more important). If you're a postseason believer, I think you would say that RT underachieved after inheriting a team just one year removed from winning a national championship, with players like Ted Donato and Ted Drury, and then basically ran it into the ground after 1994. Mazz, on the other hand, had to compete with the great Cornell teams of the early '00s and still managed a couple of conference championships. And Donato is just in over his head, and pretty much has been all along.

I dunno...I've been very pleased with Teddy Rogaine's performance to date, as well as giving us a nickname like "Teddy Rogaine." I hope he sticks around for many, many years.

Date: February 02, 2011 03:53PM

RichH
Josh '99
BigRedNH

I dunno...I've been very pleased with Teddy Rogaine's performance to date, as well as giving us a nickname like "Teddy Rogaine." I hope he sticks around for many, many years.
I didn't say I was upset that Teddy Rogaine is in over his (shiny bald) head. :-D

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 07:04PM

Harvard tearing up the ice in the Beanpot. Down 4-0 to Northeastern with about 14:00 left in the 3rd.

Date: February 07, 2011 07:11PM

Killer
Harvard tearing up the ice in the Beanpot. Down 4-0 to Northeastern with about 14:00 left in the 3rd.
WHRB is talking about about 8 periods since Harvard has scored.

Date: February 07, 2011 07:29PM

It's now final 4-0. Carroll 20 saves, 4 goals, replaced by Richter in the third. They find every way to lose.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 09:25PM

The only thing I don't like about this is that it isn't on a national channel. NESN?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 09:32PM

Jim Hyla
It's now final 4-0. Carroll 20 saves, 4 goals, replaced by Richter in the third. They find every way to lose.
Does "being bad and losing to a team that isn't as bad" count as finding a way to lose? Because that's hardly a new one for them. whistle :-D

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2011 09:38PM

Josh '99
Jim Hyla
Does "being bad and losing to a team that isn't as bad" count as finding a way to lose? Because that's hardly a new one for them. whistle :-D

Has Northeastern gotten better this year so that they qualify as stepping up from "really bad" to "isn't as bad"?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2011 09:40PM

judy
Josh '99
Jim Hyla

Has Northeastern gotten better this year so that they qualify as stepping up from "really bad" to "isn't as bad"?
Well, they're right around .500, which is certainly better than Harvard anyway.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2011 09:17AM

Josh '99
judy
Josh '99
Jim Hyla

"better than Harvard" is redundant.

Bean-pot pat-sies, clap clap clapclapclap...

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: February 08, 2011 10:34AM

judy
Josh '99
Jim Hyla

Not directly related to your question, but from the USCHO report on the BC-BU game:

The win for BC (20–6–0) sets up the second rarest championship game matchup behind only a Harvard-Northeastern title tilt, which still hasn’t happened in the tournament’s 59-year history.

Read more: [www.uscho.com]
So who's the worst?

Date: February 08, 2011 12:14PM

RichH
Josh '99
judy
Josh '99
Jim Hyla

"better than Harvard" is redundant.

Bean-pot pat-sies, clap clap clapclapclap...
They're such patsies that they got blown out by the other patsies.

Harvard sucks.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 08, 2011 12:23PM

marty
The only thing I don't like about this is that it isn't on a national channel. NESN?

NESN is a national channel if you have a dish. :-D Which I don't :-/

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: February 08, 2011 01:40PM

jtwcornell91
marty

Besides, putting the Beanpot on a more widely available channel would just feed into Bostonians' illusion that people outside Boston care about the Beanpot (except insofar as it gives us another way to make fun of Harvard).

Date: February 08, 2011 02:57PM

Josh '99
jtwcornell91
marty

Besides, putting the Beanpot on a more widely available channel would just feed into Bostonians' illusion that people outside Boston care about the Beanpot (except insofar as it gives us another way to make fun of Harvard).

Isn't mocking Harvard sufficient reason? Maybe it is not sporting enough being such low hanging fruit.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-213-131.myvzw.com)
Date: February 08, 2011 03:12PM

Towerroad
Josh '99
jtwcornell91
marty

Isn't mocking Harvard sufficient reason? Maybe it is not sporting enough being such low hanging fruit.

Sounds like I could use one of those dishes. If I can't make it to Atlantic City at least I can watch Ted's head shine ...(disclaimer - my head shines but I haven't been on TV lately).

Date: February 09, 2011 08:17AM

At least the Harvard women can beat NU in the Beanpot.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 09, 2011 08:32AM

They have shootouts in the Beanpot? Jesus H. Christ, our civilization has failed.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: February 09, 2011 01:20PM

Trotsky
They have shootouts in the Beanpot? Jesus H. Christ, our civilization has failed.
No shootout in the men's Beanpot. They did a full intermission before the BU-BC overtime on Monday. Not sure what they do in the consolation game.

Date: February 09, 2011 05:08PM

jkahn
Trotsky
No shootout in the men's Beanpot. They did a full intermission before the BU-BC overtime on Monday. Not sure what they do in the consolation game.
No shootout since BC won in OT. The women were still tied after OT. We don't know what the men would have done if tied, do we?

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: February 09, 2011 05:47PM

Jim Hyla
jkahn
Trotsky
No shootout since BC won in OT. The women were still tied after OT. We don't know what the men would have done if tied, do we?
There was a full intermission and ice resurfacing before the BC-BU overtime. Therefore, I believe there was not going to be a shootout - certainly not after five minutes of overtime.

Date: February 09, 2011 06:30PM

jkahn
Jim Hyla
jkahn
Trotsky
There was a full intermission and ice resurfacing before the BC-BU overtime. Therefore, I believe there was not going to be a shootout - certainly not after five minutes of overtime.
I don't know. The women didn't used to have shootouts either. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who knows.

Date: February 09, 2011 08:58PM

jkahn
Jim Hyla
jkahn
Trotsky
No, they had put a full 20:00 on the clock.

Date: February 09, 2011 09:00PM

jkahn
Trotsky

Well, given that it's BU-Harvard, I don't think we'll find out this year.

Date: February 10, 2011 01:37PM

jkahn
Trotsky
The Beanpot consolation game has gone to OT five times (most recently in 1987) and has never ended in a tie, though from the information I was able to find I wasn't able to tell whether that's because they would play infinite OT or just that the games have ended quickly. I asked on USCHO and it appears that they would play 5 minutes of OT, not clear but I guess they'd end in a tie at that point, which is what generally seems to be done in consolation games.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 10, 2011 06:42PM

Shines like a beacon of wisdom, Marty.nut

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 10, 2011 06:44PM

I think they just end the suffering and let Harvard and the other patsy die.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 12, 2011 10:32PM

Harvard only draws 1377 for their basketball game tonight against Brown, their title contending Harvard team, yeah Harvard SUCKS

Date: February 13, 2011 08:55AM

phillysportsfan
Harvard only draws 1377 for their basketball game tonight against Brown, their title contending Harvard team, yeah Harvard SUCKS

If only 40 fewer people had shown up, they would have at least had some nerd cred.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 13, 2011 09:10AM

jtwcornell91
phillysportsfan

If only 40 fewer people had shown up, they would have at least had some nerd cred.
Maybe it's the courseload they're carrying.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 13, 2011 12:10PM

billhoward
jtwcornell91
phillysportsfan

Maybe it's the courseload they're carrying.

Nah cant be, they always get an A anyway

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: February 14, 2011 04:10PM

Wonderful to know that Harvard's annual Beanpot flop will be complete today, weakening the NCAA hopes of ECAC teams like always.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 04:11PM by Scersk '97.

Beanpot
Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2011 07:20PM

Holy Crap! I just looked at the USCHO scoreboard and Harvard won. And this despite being outshot 49-29 and going 0-4 on the PP while BU went 3-6. Did Millan drink too much before the game or something?

Re: Beanpot
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2011 07:31PM

cth95
Holy Crap! I just looked at the USCHO scoreboard and Harvard won. And this despite being outshot 49-29 and going 0-4 on the PP while BU went 3-6. Did Millan drink too much before the game or something?

I watched the game with some RIP fans. They blamed the outcome on thepopcorn officiating.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 14, 2011 09:43PM

cth95

Northeastern is leading BC 5-4 mid-third.

edit: spoke too soon. BC just tied it, 5-5.
edit: really spoke too soon. BC 6-5 on pp
edit: tied 6-6, under two minutes
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 10:03PM by nyc94.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2011 12:19AM

nyc94
cth95

7-6 BC in 1st OT

Date: February 15, 2011 08:22AM

ECAC Link to All-Access with Roeszler and Harvard grad Trip Tracy.

Date: February 15, 2011 11:35AM

Al DeFlorio
nyc94
cth95

7-6 BC in 1st OT

Nice wrap-up of the probable post-game banter.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2011 11:48AM

No, but really, Harvard really, REALLY sucks.

Is it Friday yet?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: munchkin (---.mbbw.simmons.edu)
Date: February 15, 2011 11:51AM

Beeeej

Is it Friday yet?
I concur, and can't wait to see everyone in Ithaca!

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 12:26PM

See, I told you there would not be OT. Of course, in my vision, there also was no "W" associated with Harvard.

Date: February 15, 2011 12:30PM

Sorry to miss it, but I'm going to have to go with watching wrestling and women's hockey beat up Sucks (with Al).

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2011 08:03AM

Beeeej

Is it Friday yet?

I am not sure the adverb is appropriate since Harvard and Sucks are equivalencies and in this case Sucks and Harvard are nouns.

Re: HARVARD CRIMSON SUCKS
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2011 10:15PM

I stumbled on this report of the December 1966 game in the "Harvard Crimson" that may stimulate those who think the writing in the "Cornell Sun" is bad.
[www.thecrimson.com]

Date: February 18, 2011 06:22AM

David Harding
I stumbled on this report of the December 1966 game in the "Harvard Crimson" that may stimulate those who think the writing in the "Cornell Sun" is bad.
[www.thecrimson.com]
Note the second-to-last paragraph. Game time was 8pm. And the final score at Harvard was 4-1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 06:25AM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: February 18, 2011 07:29AM

Al DeFlorio
David Harding
[www.thecrimson.com]
Note the second-to-last paragraph. Game time was 8pm. And the final score at Harvard was 4-1.
I liked this:

Third line center George Murphy stunned the obnoxious crowd at 2:27 of the opening period when he scored the game's first goal from a faceoff to the right of sleeping giant Ken Dryden.
and this:

Play slowed down in the second period and for the first ten minutes the Canadians didn't get off a shot.
and this:

As boorish as the fans were, the game was kept well under control by referees William Stewart and Giles Threadgold, both from Boston.
Maybe this should be required reading for all new student fans?

Date: February 18, 2011 07:49AM

Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
David Harding
[www.thecrimson.com]
I liked this:

Third line center George Murphy stunned the obnoxious crowd at 2:27 of the opening period when he scored the game's first goal from a faceoff to the right of sleeping giant Ken Dryden.
and this:

Play slowed down in the second period and for the first ten minutes the Canadians didn't get off a shot.
and this:

As boorish as the fans were, the game was kept well under control by referees William Stewart and Giles Threadgold, both from Boston.
Maybe this should be required reading for all new student fans?
During the revolution the term Yankee was used derisively by the British but it stuck and is now part of our cultural identity. Could we turn this trash into something we could use. For example "The Faithful, boorish and obnoxious for 45 years. Harvard Sucks"" I am sure others can do better.

Date: February 18, 2011 08:34AM

Towerroad
During the revolution the term Yankee was used derisively by the British but it stuck and is now part of our cultural identity. Could we turn this trash into something we could use. For example "The Faithful, boorish and obnoxious for 45 years. Harvard Sucks"" I am sure others can do better.
That was basically how "Hooligans with Horns" came about.

Date: February 18, 2011 09:29AM

Towerroad
The Ag School has been doing this for as long as I can remember. rock

Date: February 18, 2011 09:40AM

Best Ice Cream in the Ivy League!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: February 18, 2011 12:15PM

"Harvard Hockey: Erich Segal got it right."

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: November 08, 2011 04:32PM

It's that time again.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2011 03:03PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Personally, I get more of a Cornell vibe from the UC Berkeley campus than I do from Stanford.
The hills, the clock tower, the not looking like a Taco Bell...
Four-plus years later, the Taco Bell reference is still pretty funny. Thank you.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2011 11:47PM

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2011 12:24AM

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2011 01:03AM

David Harding
And the photo features the Cornell Pep Band.

That picture is by a wikipedia user named Cornellrockey. If that's who I think it is, he's on this very forum. Dun dun dunnnn.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2011 05:56AM

/evil laughter/

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2011 12:33PM

OK, own up, who did it? Step forward and accept our collective admiration. :-D

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (216.2.63.---)
Date: November 10, 2011 02:38PM

The picture is mine, not the comment. That line on wikipedia was added on Feb 13, 2011 from the IP address with the following trace (I'm guessing a circulation desk computer, or a public computer near the circ desk at Catherwood Library):

IP: 128.253.125.151
Decimal: 2164096407
Hostname: circ-03.ilr.cornell.edu
ISP: Cornell University
Organization: Cornell University
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 10, 2011 02:42PM

Ben Rocky '04
The picture is mine, not the comment. That line on wikipedia was added on Feb 13, 2011 from the IP address with the following trace (I'm guessing a circulation desk computer, or a public computer near the circ desk at Catherwood Library):

IP: 128.253.125.151
Decimal: 2164096407
Hostname: circ-03.ilr.cornell.edu
ISP: Cornell University
Organization: Cornell University
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:

So once again, it's the unions' fault.

Date: November 10, 2011 02:46PM

What's really telling to me, at least, is that the Wikipedia page for Bright has read that way for nearly nine months, yet people at Harvard are so apathetic about hockey that either nobody has noticed, or nobody has bothered to correct it despite every single person who reads it having the ability to do so.

They suck.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Towerroad (---.sub-97-198-101.myvzw.com)
Date: November 10, 2011 03:44PM

Beeeej

What's really telling to me, at least, is that the Wikipedia page for Bright has read that way for nearly nine months, yet people at Harvard are so apathetic about hockey that either nobody has noticed, or nobody has bothered to correct it despite every single person who reads it having the ability to do so.

They suck.

I see nothing that is incorrect in the article. When Sucks fans outnumber the Red when the teams meet, rise and sing their alma mater with out the help of a prompter then perhaps they will have the right to put a different name on Lynah East. In other words, Hell will freeze over and students will start getting B's at Hahvard before the earn the right to change the name.

They suck!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 03:45PM by Towerroad.

Date: November 10, 2011 04:10PM

Beeeej

They suck.

There's a link on that page to their media guide from 2005-06. So people at Harvard are so apathetic about hockey that either nobody has noticed, or nobody has bothered to correct it despite every single person who reads it having the ability to do so, for more than five years.

Date: November 10, 2011 05:00PM

Beeeej

They suck.
FWIW, the wikipedia entry for Lynah itself is overdue for updating. It still refers to the 2006-7 renovation in the future tense and talks about Cornell's "recent" successful seasons at Lynah, listing the 2001-2, 2002-3, and 2003-4 seasons.

Date: November 10, 2011 05:07PM

Al DeFlorio
Beeeej

They suck.
FWIW, the wikipedia entry for Lynah itself is overdue for updating. It still refers to the 2006-7 renovation in the future tense and talks about Cornell's "recent" successful seasons at Lynah, listing the 2001-2, 2002-3, and 2003-4 seasons.

Well, I'll be. We apparently suck a little, too.

But only a little.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 10, 2011 06:34PM

Beeeej
Al DeFlorio
Beeeej

They suck.

But only a little.
And now we suck less. I could not find updated playoff records so unfortunately that is still out of date.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 06:35PM by css228.

Date: November 10, 2011 10:23PM

css228
Beeeej
Al DeFlorio
Beeeej

They suck.

But only a little.
And now we suck less. I could not find updated playoff records so unfortunately that is still out of date.
Nice. Thanks.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: November 11, 2011 12:18AM

Proposed Twitter hashtag for this evening's festivities: #OccupyLynahEast.

Posted by: snert1288 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2011 12:51AM

we are 99%

Date: November 11, 2011 09:55AM

From the Sun:

“A lot of times at Harvard there are more Cornell fans then there are Harvard fans, so it’s almost like another home game,” Collins said. “It’s always fun to go there … its an electric atmosphere, and we’re really looking forward to it.”

Date: November 11, 2011 11:40AM

And no ID required to occupy Lynah East. You'll need a Sucks ID to occupy Harvard Yard.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: November 11, 2011 01:31PM

Prince William - Duke of Cambridge
Harvard hockey - Puke of Cambridge

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: November 11, 2011 01:37PM

Ben
Proposed Twitter hashtag for this evening's festivities: #OccupyLynahEast.
I like this! Definitely going up on my twitter account.

Posted by: BMac (---.demarc.cogentco.com)
Date: November 11, 2011 03:41PM

Hahvard sucks

Posted by: Dafatone (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2011 10:32PM

No postgame thread? I guess everyone who doesn't have to beg to take a GRE on standby tomorrow morning is out partying.

We looked good. All six goals happened at the other end of the ice, so I couldn't tell exactly what happened on most of them. Our last goal was pretty slick, with the shooter (was it D'Agostino?) picking out the open spot after a nice pass and burying it.

Harvard's crowd was pretty pathetic, and went with "suck it red" as their go-to cheer. They didn't seem to appreciate it when I told them that if that's all they could come up with, they needed to go to a better school.

Their "You can't do that!" cheer after a penalty wasn't awful, but by and large, they were pretty useless. And wow, it really was Lynah East over there. Heck of a glove save by Iles in the 2nd. Shame we weren't able to keep our pressure up all game.

Posted by: kozaczkies (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: November 11, 2011 11:18PM

This was my first game of the year and I liked what I saw in the first. Harvard seemed to out play us in the second and it wad fairly balanced in the third. Lots of penalties on us in the 2nd and 3rd... I couldn't tell if this was from sloppy play or the refs just being a bit quick with the whistle. I don't think we even had a power play after the first.

Andy had a good game. Just as Dafatone mentioned, terrific glove save in the 2nd.

Overall great win... Lets see if we can grab another 2 points at Dartmouth tomorrow!

Date: November 12, 2011 01:38AM

kozaczkies
This was my first game of the year and I liked what I saw in the first. Harvard seemed to out play us in the second and it wad fairly balanced in the third. Lots of penalties on us in the 2nd and 3rd... I couldn't tell if this was from sloppy play or the refs just being a bit quick with the whistle. I don't think we even had a power play after the first.

Andy had a good game. Just as Dafatone mentioned, terrific glove save in the 2nd.

Overall great win... Lets see if we can grab another 2 points at Dartmouth tomorrow!
Agreed 2 points at Dartmouth would put us in fantastic position. I'm really optimistic about this years squad.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 12, 2011 12:23PM

Great game last night. Cornell looked awesome in relation to Harvard for the first ten minutes, but then Harvard stepped up their game and kept it close most of the rest of the way. Offensively, Cornell looks more dynamic than I've ever seen them: I saw guys make moves that I've never seen from Cornell players, including an odd little deke in the corner that put the Harvard defender out of the play for a few seconds. Defensively, they actually didn't look too bad, though they definitely need to polish their game: they look more physical than I've seen in a few years, something I think they have really needed to get back to.

On a personnel note, Ryan looks like fun: he's one of these guys who looks a bit crazy and did things last night that I know I wasn't able to anticipate. "Inventive" might be a good word for it. Definitely not the typical Cornell defender, but it's probably good to have someone who's on the very edge of the system.

Posted by: RichH (---.mia.fl.atlanticbb.net)
Date: November 12, 2011 01:25PM

Dafatone
No postgame thread? I guess everyone who doesn't have to beg to take a GRE on standby tomorrow morning is out partying.

How DARE you befoul this thread that has the supreme responsibility of tracking the suck-inality of Harvard with this discussion of Cornell. Save that for the lesser threads in this forum. You're creating a dangerous imbalance in the internet. I'll try to salvage this by presenting the results of some intensive late-night research I conducted last night:

Harvard Sucks. A lot.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 01:27PM by RichH.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2011 01:30PM

RichH
Dafatone

How DARE you befoul this thread that has the supreme responsibility of tracking the suck-inality of Harvard with this discussion of Cornell. Save that for the lesser threads in this forum. You're creating a dangerous imbalance in the internet. I'll try to salvage this by presenting the results of some intensive late-night research I conducted last night:

Harvard Sucks. A lot.

My mistake. As to suck-inality, I'm pretty sure empty seats outnumbered Sucks fans.

Date: November 12, 2011 03:55PM

RichH
Dafatone

Harvard Sucks. A lot.

QED

Posted by: Trotsky (136.160.107.---)
Date: November 12, 2011 05:39PM

Kyle Rose
Great game last night. Cornell looked awesome in relation to Harvard for the first ten minutes, but then Harvard stepped up their game and kept it close most of the rest of the way. Offensively, Cornell looks more dynamic than I've ever seen them: I saw guys make moves that I've never seen from Cornell players, including an odd little deke in the corner that put the Harvard defender out of the play for a few seconds. Defensively, they actually didn't look too bad, though they definitely need to polish their game: they look more physical than I've seen in a few years, something I think they have really needed to get back to.

On a personnel note, Ryan looks like fun: he's one of these guys who looks a bit crazy and did things last night that I know I wasn't able to anticipate. "Inventive" might be a good word for it. Definitely not the typical Cornell defender, but it's probably good to have someone who's on the very edge of the system.
D'Ags made a comment to this effect after the Mercyhurst game (I think), when he said playing with Ryan was great but he had to keep alert every second because the guy does stuff he'd never think to do.

Re: HARVARD SUCKS - and this was only worth reading for about 10 minutes
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr1.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 25, 2011 05:04PM

I don't know how long it will be before they fix this, but it's worth a look while it lasts. I guess Harvard figured they couldn't win with their own guys, so they took ours:

[www.ecachockey.com]

Alas, it's been reset for tonight's game. Never mind.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 05:00PM by Killer.

Date: December 14, 2011 04:25PM

38 days.

- Steve Worona

Date: December 15, 2011 07:24AM

Beeeej
38 days.
Wait. What? Really?

Date: December 15, 2011 10:59AM

Trotsky
Beeeej
38 days.
Wait. What? Really?

Well, no, not anymore. Now it's 37.

- Steve Worona

Date: December 28, 2011 11:59AM

As a favor to those Lynah Faithful who like fine dining but don't want to be ridiculously rushed before a 7pm fish throw - uh, puck drop - the Statler Hotel's main restaurant, Taverna Banfi, will be opening for dinner at 5pm on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012 instead of their usual 5:30pm. There isn't any special announcement on their webpage, but the OpenTable feature has been rejiggered to accept the earlier reservations.

[www.tavernabanfi.com]

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: January 17, 2012 05:32PM

Beeeej
As a favor to those Lynah Faithful who like fine dining but don't want to be ridiculously rushed before a 7pm fish throw - uh, puck drop - the Statler Hotel's main restaurant, Taverna Banfi, will be opening for dinner at 5pm on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012 instead of their usual 5:30pm. There isn't any special announcement on their webpage, but the OpenTable feature has been rejiggered to accept the earlier reservations.

[www.tavernabanfi.com]

Do they still have that very decadent all chocolate cake?

Harvard sucks, but that cake was divine..........

(just looking for a more interesting way to bump the thread up than the usual "bump";)

Date: January 17, 2012 05:40PM

Rita
Beeeej

[www.tavernabanfi.com]

Do they still have that very decadent all chocolate cake?

Harvard sucks, but that cake was divine..........

(just looking for a more interesting way to bump the thread up than the usual "bump";)

Not sure about the cake, as I've never had it - but they currently have a "Double Chocolate Torte" on their menu with Finger Lakes Distilling Rye Whiskey Caramel, and I know Finger Lakes Distilling is a relatively new business.

- Steve Worona

Date: January 18, 2012 07:21AM

So a quote from USCHO on the Union-Harvard games at Fenway:

While Fenway was far from full (the announced attendance was 8,891, although it was hard to tell how accurate that was) it was still a good atmosphere considering Union is over three hours away and Harvard doesn’t draw as well as the other Beanpot schools.

Date: January 18, 2012 09:53AM

Jim Hyla

While Fenway was far from full (the announced attendance was 8,891, although it was hard to tell how accurate that was) it was still a good atmosphere considering Union is over three hours away and Harvard sucks.

FUSCHOP.

- Steve Worona

Date: January 18, 2012 10:25AM

Beeeej
Jim Hyla

While Fenway was far from full (the announced attendance was 8,891, although it was hard to tell how accurate that was) it was still a good atmosphere considering Union is over three hours away and Harvard sucks.

FUSCHOP.
Yeah! Wait. What?

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: January 18, 2012 12:28PM

I get the F, I think. What's the P?

Current Page: 6 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login