Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

HARVARD SUCKS

Posted by Josh '99 
Current Page: 5 of 15
Re: HARVARD SUCKS
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 12:39PM

Multi-sport sucking is even sweeter. At least Harvard hoops is not currently suffering from the peculiar-to-Harvard self-esteem issue, as described in Doonesbury.

Re: HARVARD SUCKS - best year ever vs. Harvard
Date: January 31, 2010 12:44PM

This is probably buried somewhere in TBRW or similar stats (gad, is there nothing we do not collect and parse?). When did Cornell most dominate Harvard? It could be a single season, it could be the three- or four-year of one class, there could be extra credit for wins in sports Cornell cares about. I would say it would need to include a sweep in hockey or at least a wondrous comeback in the playoffs, plus lacrosse, plus football (uh-oh), probably soccer since Harvard takes that seriously.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 12:48PM

billhoward
This is probably buried somewhere in TBRW or similar stats (gad, is there nothing we do not collect and parse?). When did Cornell most dominate Harvard? It could be a single season, it could be the three- or four-year of one class, there could be extra credit for wins in sports Cornell cares about. I would say it would need to include a sweep in hockey or at least a wondrous comeback in the playoffs, plus lacrosse, plus football (uh-oh), probably soccer since Harvard takes that seriously.
Harvard doesn't care about lacrosse, though. It ought to be in sports both teams value (maximize their suffering).

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 03:17PM

Trotsky
Harvard doesn't care about lacrosse, though.

They do now, since they hired Cornell Alum John Tillman, '91. He's been pulling in Blue Chip recruits and will make some noise this year. I think they're preseason ranked No. 11 and third in the Ivies.

Date: January 31, 2010 04:52PM

TimV
Trotsky
They do now, since they hired Cornell Alum John Tillman, '91. He's been pulling in Blue Chip recruits and will make some noise this year. I think they're preseason ranked No. 11 and third in the Ivies.
The Cantabs could be getting better and Harvard still might not care. It would be nice for Harvard to hover near the top ten and be a close game each year in their loss to us.

Posted by: Robb (---.99.202.62.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: January 31, 2010 05:05PM

Trotsky
billhoward
Harvard doesn't care about lacrosse, though. It ought to be in sports both teams value (maximize their suffering).
Wait, wait, wait. This competition has to be either about things Harvard students value or sports. It cannot be both. :-}

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 05:59PM

billhoward
TimV
Trotsky
The Cantabs could be getting better and Harvard still might not care. It would be nice for Harvard to hover near the top ten and be a close game each year in their loss to us.

Harvard cares. If you assume that hockey is important to Harvard, then the deciding factor is clearly NOT student participation or general attendance. So the fact that they finally burst out of "Harvard tradition mode" by getting rid of Scott Anderson who followed Bob Scalise and hiring an acknowledged top assistant (Tillman was thought to be next in line at Navy) and getting several of the most nationally sought-after recruits tells me they care. They've lately had guys on the cover of Inside Lacrosse and the Great Atlantic Lacrosse catalog. Those things have never happened before for Harvard, like they never happened before for us before Max.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 10:27PM

From the NESN Website, an article on Harvard in the Beanpot; this quote from their captain Alex Biega

“I’ve learned two things about the Beanpot,” he said at the media luncheon on Wednesday. “One is any team can win the Beanpot in any given year. Two is that [head coach Ted] Donato probably has more hair than we have fans.
I also liked this:

“We’ve worked hard in practice,” freshman forward Louis Leblanc told the team’s Web site.
I talk to my computer?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 11:34PM

captain Alex Biega
“I’ve learned two things about the Beanpot,” he said at the media luncheon on Wednesday. “One is any team can win the Beanpot in any given year."

Really? You've learned THAT? What I've learned is that two and only two teams can win the Beanpot.

*cough* 1993 *cough*

Posted by: Robb (---.203-62.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: February 01, 2010 03:54PM

So, does anybody know if we can watch the suckitude online?

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 06:03PM

Yeah the beanpot is online here [myp2p.eu]
You got to download Streamtorrent [groups.google.com]

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 06:11PM

Robb
So, does anybody know if we can watch the suckitude online?

If you live in the Northeast, it's on NESN.

Re: Unfriggin' believable
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 01, 2010 08:27PM

Josh '99
Killer
I didn't check everyone's upcoming schedule for non-conference play, but assuming Harvard gives it up to Union, RPI, or Princeton before their annual Beanpot debacle, FWIW the ECAC could hold it into this year's playoffs.
Why are you assuming Harvard is going to lose in the Beanpot?

laugh

Yeah, I couldn't say that with a straight face. It's because they suck and they always tank in the Beanpot. Carry on.

...and they deliver in royal fashion, as promised.

Date: February 01, 2010 08:55PM

Jim Hyla
From the NESN Website, an article on Harvard in the Beanpot; this quote from their captain Alex Biega

“I’ve learned two things about the Beanpot,” he said at the media luncheon on Wednesday. “One is any team can win the Beanpot in any given year. Two is that [head coach Ted] Donato probably has more hair than we have fans.

False
True

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 08:56PM

Harvard lost to Northeastern who really isn't all that good this year. Harvard continues to suck

Posted by: RichH (12.189.157.---)
Date: February 08, 2010 09:18PM

judy
Harvard lost to Northeastern who really isn't all that good this year. Harvard continues to suck

Congratulations to Cambridge Community College for their 20th last-place championship in this thing. Beanpot Patsies, 2010.

Date: February 08, 2010 09:49PM

Jim Hyla
Jim Hyla

“I’ve learned two things about the Beanpot,” he said at the media luncheon on Wednesday. “One is any team can win the Beanpot in any given year. Two is that [head coach Ted] Donato probably has more hair than we have fans.”

False
True
Maybe he wants to rethink this.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2010 02:25PM

Bump....because they still suck.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2010 10:33AM

CU at Stanford

It's a sticky now. Can't really be bumped any higher. ;)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 15, 2010 01:04PM

CowbellGuy
CU at Stanford

It's a sticky now. Can't really be bumped any higher. ;)
Well, you could put a big banner at the top of the front page that says "Harvard Sucks", right next to the eLynah logo. But that might be overkill.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: February 19, 2010 06:21PM

I think it was more fun to bump this thread a bunch of times as the game approached. It almost seems less obvious when it's stuck around all the tech support threads.

Date: February 19, 2010 06:24PM

Well. Harvard sucks, in any case.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2010 07:04PM

True, but their free audio link is crystal clear --->

Re: HERMO SUCKS (for not coming this weekend)
Date: February 20, 2010 11:50AM

Well, that's a thread topic change I can also get behind. :-D
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 11:50AM by RichH.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 05:29PM

RichH

Yeah, when was the last time Hermo won an NCAA tournament game? Way to represent!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2010 07:00PM

Well that's different.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2010 10:00PM

Josh '99
Well that's different.

Finally, a thread that isn't afraid to tell the truth!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2010 01:16AM

Roy 82
RichH

Yeah, when was the last time Hermo won an NCAA tournament game? Way to represent!

He had a three-goal lead over Maine, but blew it. :-}

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 09:43PM

The ten thousand Women and Men at Harvard? Both suck.

Date: March 07, 2010 10:28PM

Two words: fish schlong

Date: March 07, 2010 10:39PM

jtwcornell91

Whoa. Thread circular reference. Did you just create an infinite loop in some other universe?

Date: March 07, 2010 10:41PM

jtwcornell91
As I posted on another thread:

Personally, I'd rather not have fish in the playoffs. There's too much at stake, and there's always some dude who throws it at the wrong time. I can't imagine they're going to allow any stupidity. All we need is a delay of game penalty giving them the game winning PP.

Date: March 10, 2010 05:09PM

Jim Hyla
jtwcornell91

Personally, I'd rather not have fish in the playoffs. There's too much at stake, and there's always some dude who throws it at the wrong time. I can't imagine they're going to allow any stupidity. All we need is a delay of game penalty giving them the game winning PP.

I hadn't realized people made that distinction. I reckon that somebody can't understand the distinction between the first and second periods is also not going to distinguish between regular season and the playoffs.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 11, 2010 09:42PM

jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
jtwcornell91

I hadn't realized people made that distinction. I reckon that somebody can't understand the distinction between the first and second periods is also not going to distinguish between regular season and the playoffs.

Yeah, as usual, the problem in that case wouldn't be the presence of fish, it'd be the presence of morons. Non-morons and fish should mix well regardless of the game.

Date: March 11, 2010 11:10PM

French Rage
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
jtwcornell91

Yeah, as usual, the problem in that case wouldn't be the presence of fish, it'd be the presence of morons. Non-morons and fish should mix well regardless of the game.
No, the problem is both morons and fish. You need both for a problem. Which is easier to eliminate?

Date: March 11, 2010 11:54PM

Jim Hyla
French Rage
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
jtwcornell91

No, the problem is both morons and fish. You need both for a problem. Which is easier to eliminate?

If fish are moronic, only morons will have fish. nut

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: March 12, 2010 12:53AM

It's not right to call these potential fish throwers morons. If they aren't ELF readers, how can you expect them to know what the right thing to do is in this unprecedented (I think) situation. I personally don't think it will be a problem when some people likely throw fish this weekend. Who says you can't have more than one "fish game" in a season? Oh right, ELFers say that as if it's self-evident.

Posted by: Robb (67.201.120.---)
Date: March 12, 2010 06:35AM

imafrshmn
It's not right to call these potential fish throwers morons. If they aren't ELF readers, how can you expect them to know what the right thing to do is in this unprecedented (I think) situation. I personally don't think it will be a problem when some people likely throw fish this weekend. Who says you can't have more than one "fish game" in a season? Oh right, ELFers say that as if it's self-evident.
I think (hope) that the people concerned about morons are referring to people who throw anything on the ice after the first note of the Canadian anthem has been struck. I'm in the camp that would prefer to see fish only for the regular season game, but I also wouldn't refer to people who throw before the anthems as morons.

Date: March 12, 2010 07:06AM

Robb
imafrshmn
I think (hope) that the people concerned about morons are referring to people who throw anything on the ice after the first note of the Canadian anthem has been struck. I'm in the camp that would prefer to see fish only for the regular season game, but I also wouldn't refer to people who throw before the anthems as morons.
Agree, I know that I, for sure, and I think all other posters here are referring to throwing after, when it has a chance of a penalty. If you reread the posts, you'll see mention of wrong time, penalty, etc..

As I've said, I'd not prefer none in post season, mainly because of potential penalties. However if they must, I hope you can spread the word on throwing etiquette, and save the team from a penalty.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: March 12, 2010 10:18AM

imafrshmn
in this unprecedented (I think) situation.

In '00, when Harvard came calling for a quintafinal series, athletics hung giant signs at the entrances threatening fish throwers and stepped up searches at the doors. Fish still made its way on to the ice before each game of course.

That series also featured a lot of abuse for this guy: [www.thecrimson.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2010 11:14AM

Chris '03

It was cognitively dissonant to meet him later in Lake Placid and find he was a modest, funny guy.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 11:14AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-195-5.myvzw.com)
Date: March 12, 2010 11:33AM

Chris '03
imafrshmn
in this unprecedented (I think) situation.

In '00, when Harvard came calling for a quintafinal series, athletics hung giant signs at the entrances threatening fish throwers and stepped up searches at the doors. Fish still made its way on to the ice before each game of course.

His article is actually funny and better content that most of the posts on eLynah this week.

29.what?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 12:39PM by marty.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 12, 2010 01:26PM

Jim Hyla
French Rage
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
jtwcornell91

In Lynah, or life in general? [Insert Sarah Palin joke here]

Date: March 12, 2010 01:55PM

Robb
imafrshmn

Yes, "morons" meant people who throw stuff on the ice after the accepted time. I can understand the idea of wanting to have it just the one R.S. Harvard game per year, but it's still against Harvard. Spreading it to against other teams would be just plain ridiculous, but I view getting them for a home playoff series as bonus Harvard games, so thow 'em if you got 'em, with of course the caveat that being a playoff game it's all the more important it's done responsibly.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2010 09:06PM

Harvard women? Suck.

Date: March 13, 2010 11:25AM

Josh '99
Harvard women? Suck.

NOW we're back to the spirit of the thread. I can't believe this was used for actual discussion outside of one point: Havard Sucks.

Posted by: jy3 (---.bflony.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2010 12:17PM

Just wanted to check in for the family and state that hahvhad sucks.
My son cannot say that or he will get in trouble so he asked me to post his picture from his cornell hockey weekend last year :) (he just turned 2 :)

Ian - Lets go red

it was too big so i made it a link

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 12:33PM by jy3.

Date: March 13, 2010 09:17PM

Awesome suck turned in by Harvard collectively this weekend. 3-14, 0-3-0, both teams done for the year.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2010 09:49PM

Cornell Hockey finishes 6-0-1 against Harvard this season and outscores them 36-13 cumulatively.

Posted by: Weder (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 05:46PM

From Keith Olbermann on a WSJ.com chat during Cornell's win over Wisconsin:

1:26 pm CU 74, UW 54; 9:31 left, 2nd Half by Keith Olbermann Add a Comment
I always felt like all of us Ivies kind of shared days like this. On the other hand, screw Harvard.

[blogs.wsj.com]

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 09:55PM

Weder
From Keith Olbermann on a WSJ.com chat during Cornell's win over Wisconsin:

1:26 pm CU 74, UW 54; 9:31 left, 2nd Half by Keith Olbermann Add a Comment
I always felt like all of us Ivies kind of shared days like this. On the other hand, screw Harvard.

[blogs.wsj.com]

Shocking quote from someone who is usually so afraid to speak his mind.:-D

I love it!

Posted by: Robb (---.105-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: May 18, 2010 07:52AM

How big of a loser are you if you have to to cheat to get good grades at Harvard?

Ha ha ha. Have fun in jail, pretty boy.

Date: May 18, 2010 10:31AM

Wow. This kid took "go big or go home" to heart.

Date: May 18, 2010 12:19PM

Robb
How big of a loser are you if you have to to cheat to get good grades at Harvard?

Will he now go on to be a Senator? :-)

Posted by: amerks127 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 12:22PM

KeithK
Robb

Perhaps he also served in Vietnam?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 18, 2010 01:15PM

amerks127
KeithK
Robb

"When I returned, Mary Jo and the car were gone."

Date: May 18, 2010 03:00PM

amerks127
KeithK
Robb

And coached Notre Dame football.

Date: May 18, 2010 10:42PM

KeithK
Robb

I was going to respond, but thought better of it. A number of smileys I could use.

Date: May 19, 2010 07:25AM

Jim Hyla
KeithK
Robb

I was going to respond, but thought better of it. A number of smileys I could use.

Senator and Mrs. Blutarsky? (I know, that was Dartmouth, not Harvard.)

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 28, 2010 11:44PM

I just saw a great flick, The Secret in Their Eyes (El secreto de sus ojos).

It does have a pretty good "Harvard Sucks" moment early on. You won't embarrass yourself if, when the heroine says she didn't go to Harvard (guess where she did go), you yell out "Because Harvard Sucks!" cheer

Date: May 29, 2010 03:32AM

Since I'm not one to repeat rumors, I'll just link to them instead:

[url= ]Aaaaah - See ya, you goon![/url]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 03:33AM by Robb.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 29, 2010 08:28AM

Robb
Since I'm not one to repeat rumors, I'll just link to them instead:

[url= ]Aaaaah - See ya, you goon![/url][/quote]

If true, he'll finish his "career" 0-4 against Cornell.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 10:55AM by scoop85.

Date: May 29, 2010 10:49AM

More [url= ]grist[/url] for the rumor mill as part of the report (the important one for eligibility purposes) is from a more "[url=http://twitter.com/nhldraftvideo]official[/url]" site.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 10:51AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: judy (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 29, 2010 09:44PM

Trotsky
More [url= ]grist[/url] for the rumor mill as part of the report (the important one for eligibility purposes) is from a more "[url=http://twitter.com/nhldraftvideo]official[/url]" site.[/quote]

The first name I saw on that twitter feed was Danny Biega. Then, I saw Leblanc and wondered if there was actually a Harvard fan who cared enough to do a twitter feed about Harvard players.

#HarvardSucks

Date: May 29, 2010 10:24PM

judy
Trotsky
More [url= ]grist[/url] for the rumor mill as part of the report (the important one for eligibility purposes) is from a more "[url=http://twitter.com/nhldraftvideo]official[/url]" site.[/quote]

The first name I saw on that twitter feed was Danny Biega. Then, I saw Leblanc and wondered if there was actually a Harvard fan who cared enough to do a twitter feed about Harvard players.

#HarvardSucks[/quote]Funny you should say that, as the reax on USCHO among Harvard fans has been to dump on him. Classy, not so much.

Date: June 01, 2010 12:40PM

Leblanc rumor (or rumour) makes the Montreal papers.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: June 01, 2010 09:30PM

Trotsky

Lots of ECAC representation at the Canadiens development camp.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: June 03, 2010 07:35AM

Trotsky

Another article from The Montreal Gazette, with a quote from Leblanc.

“On paper, we were as good as any team in the league,” said Leblanc. “After the first two games, we thought we’d have an unbelievable season. Everything was clicking, we were up 3-1 against Cornell at their rink and Cornell is one of the hardest rinks to play in. (But we lost) and after that game, everything went down and we didn’t really catch a break. It was really disappointing.”

Read more: [www.montrealgazette.com]

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 03, 2010 09:45AM

Jim Hyla

“On paper, we were as good as any team in the league,” said Leblanc. “After the first two games, we thought we’d have an unbelievable season. Everything was clicking, we were up 3-1 against Cornell at their rink and Cornell is one of the hardest rinks to play in. (But we lost) and after that game, everything went down and we didn’t really catch a break. It was really disappointing.”

And that is why we made these:

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: June 03, 2010 11:57AM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky

Sending Harvard's season into a downward spiral has to be the second best thing the team did this past season (after winning the ECAC, of course).

Date: June 03, 2010 02:38PM

Josh '99
Jim Hyla
Trotsky

Sending Harvard's season into a downward spiral has to be the second best thing the team did this past season (after winning the ECAC, of course).
I don't think we can take the whole credit for their demise, some has to go to Donato.

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: June 03, 2010 06:18PM

Jim Hyla
Josh '99
Jim Hyla
Trotsky

I don't think we can take the whole credit for their demise, some has to go to Donato.
I really wonder how much longer Donato will be behind the bench.

Date: June 03, 2010 06:38PM

munchkin
Jim Hyla
Josh '99
Jim Hyla
Trotsky

I really wonder how much longer Donato will be behind the bench.
Hopefully a good long time. (Wouldn't want them to actually pick a good coach one of these days...)

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 06, 2010 12:41PM

More on Leblanc - according to Bob McKenzie on twitter [www.twitter.com], his rights in the Q were traded from Chicoutimi to Montreal yesterday. There's a few tweets about it from approximately 4 PM yesterday. McKenzie speculates that if he leaves, a main reason will be the late start date to Ivy League teams' seasons causing him to be overlooked for a spot on the Canadian World Juniors team.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2010 12:42PM by Ronald '09.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2010 12:04PM

It's still more than seven weeks away, and I'm already excited about Lynah East. Drop the puck!!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: December 09, 2010 12:47PM

The gravitational attraction force between Harvard and another mass is inversely proportional to the square of their separation distance. The force is always attractive and acts along the line joining them.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: December 09, 2010 02:46PM

Trotsky
The gravitational attraction force between Harvard and another mass is inversely proportional to the square of their separation distance. The force is always attractive and acts along the line joining them.

Frankly I find them pretty repulsive but they still suck.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2011 04:05PM

They can't even get the damn time right on their tickets.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 24, 2011 04:48PM

Both of their fans will show at 4:30.

Date: January 24, 2011 05:37PM

Towerroad
But the question is will they stay?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 05:49PM

Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Doubtful. Harvard (13-3) has a home basketball game that night against Cornell.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2011 06:39PM

nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Well that is making a big assumption, you clearly believe that a Sucks fan knows the difference. I think it is a debatable proposition at best.

Date: January 24, 2011 06:45PM

nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

But that certainly effects parking.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 07:07PM

Towerroad
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Well that is making a big assumption, you clearly believe that a Sucks fan knows the difference. I think it is a debatable proposition at best.

I thought they had established a basketball bandwagon last year. I assumed the drunk football players that used to show up late for their hockey games had moved on to the greener pastures of basketball.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 09:03PM

Jim Hyla
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Having a home basketball game creates parking?

Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: January 25, 2011 03:28AM

Jim Hyla
Towerroad
Why not? Watching an empty arena would be more entertaining than 2011 Harvard hockey.

Date: January 25, 2011 08:14AM

Kyle Rose
Jim Hyla
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Having a home basketball game creates parking?
No, it effects it in a negative way.

Date: January 25, 2011 08:19AM

[www.bartleby.com]

Effect. As noun, means result; as verb, means to bring about, accomplish (not to be confused with affect, which means "to influence". )

As noun, often loosely used in perfunctory writing about fashions, music, painting, and other arts: "an Oriental effect;" "effects in pale green;" "very delicate effects;" "broad effects;" "subtle effects;" "a charming effect was produced by." The writer who has a definite meaning to express will not take refuge in such vagueness.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 08:20AM by Trotsky.

Date: January 25, 2011 09:47AM

Trotsky
[www.bartleby.com]

Effect. As noun, means result; as verb, means to bring about, accomplish (not to be confused with affect, which means "to influence". )

As noun, often loosely used in perfunctory writing about fashions, music, painting, and other arts: "an Oriental effect;" "effects in pale green;" "very delicate effects;" "broad effects;" "subtle effects;" "a charming effect was produced by." The writer who has a definite meaning to express will not take refuge in such vagueness.
Noted.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:13PM

nyc94
Towerroad
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

I thought they had established a basketball bandwagon last year. I assumed the drunk football players that used to show up late for their hockey games had moved on to the greener pastures of basketball.

Will people still follow their team now that Jeremy Lin is no longer there to help them win 50 consecutive Ivy titles?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 25, 2011 05:28PM

French Rage
nyc94
Towerroad
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Will people still follow their team now that Jeremy Lin is no longer there to help them win 50 consecutive Ivy titles?
Token Asians will make Harvard a perennial powerhouse?

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 25, 2011 07:05PM

French Rage
nyc94
Towerroad
nyc94
Jim Hyla
Towerroad

Yeah Harvard is better this year although the fan support could be less because I think a lot of the fan support had to do with Lin

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 27, 2011 08:34PM

Looks like they are desperate to find fans they are giving away tickets and t shirts to encourage another fan to come to the game.

[www.gocrimson.com]

Posted by: hockeychick470 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 27, 2011 08:47PM

this was my favorite part

Harvard students with a valid ID can pick up for free tickets to this weekend's games

tickets for free? four free tickets? do they have four fans to give tickets to?

Date: January 28, 2011 03:30PM

Clearly Harvard Hockey is worth the price of admission.

Date: January 29, 2011 06:33PM

A simple reiteration prior to the game tonight. Harvard sucks.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: January 29, 2011 06:56PM

Anyone else having trouble logging on to Redcast?

This, well uh, sucks.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.sub-174-252-52.myvzw.com)
Date: January 29, 2011 07:34PM

1-1 start lynah east living up to name. Good game so far a few to many turnovers. Looking forward to stronger 2nd.

Date: January 29, 2011 09:34PM

With the win, Cornell has 5 straight wins against Harvard, their longest streak since 6 straight during the Silver Age of '02-04. Schafer is 21-9-1 in regular season games against them: 10-4-1 in Fish N Fowl and 11-5-0 at Lynah East.

When Mike became coach Cornell was 41-45-5 all-time vs Harvard and had just gone 2-20-3 from the infamous 11-3 Lynah loss to the end of the McCutcheon era. Since then Cornell is 30-12-2.

Thank you, Schafer.

Date: January 31, 2011 06:19PM

Trotsky
With the win, Cornell has 5 straight wins against Harvard, their longest streak since 6 straight during the Silver Age of '02-04. Schafer is 21-9-1 in regular season games against them: 10-4-1 in Fish N Fowl and 11-5-0 at Lynah East.

When Mike became coach Cornell was 41-45-5 all-time vs Harvard and had just gone 2-20-3 from the infamous 11-3 Lynah loss to the end of the McCutcheon era. Since then Cornell is 30-12-2.

Thank you, Schafer.
...and Tomassoni and Mazzolini and Donato. But mostly Schafer. Thank you Schafer.

Current Page: 5 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login